Chapter 10

When Worlds Collide

It is friday. Today is friday! Friday is today! Honestly I'm really nervous for Hyunwoo and I's date. What if I do something embarissing? What if I'm clumsy? What if he realizes he doesn't like me? What if I'm too boring? All these thoughts, in the middle of math class. I've been looking at the clock since I woke up this morning, wanting time to go faster! All because of this date. This is the first time I've had a date in a long time! I believe it's the fifth date I've ever been on. Of course I told my mom during our phone call yesterday. She told me to tell her everything once I got back. Of course that was after her run through of rules one being to send her pictures. I have no idea what we are even doing tonight. Whatever it is I'm sure it'll be fun. I'm snapped out of my thoughts as I see everyone else collecting their things. I quickly grab my things and leave the room. It's one o'clock, which means lunch. I walk into the lunch room seeing Jordan and Nick with rebecca and a few other friends, but no sign of Isabella and the guys. I'm not sure where Isabella is but I'm a little glad the others aren't there, I wouldn't knwo how to react around Hyunwoo. I walk up to the table and sit down. 

"Hey guys". They all give me some kind of response and go back to their conversations, I begin to play around on my phone. 

"There's this party that one of the guys on the basketball team is throwing. Is anyone going?" someone asks, I raise my head from looking at my phone. 

"Yeah I think I'm going." Nick says, everyone begins to mumble the same, except for me. 

"What are you doing tonight Eun?" Jordan asks. 

"Oh...uhm, well I'm...I'm"

"She has a date" Rebecca says smirking at me as everyone begins to get excited, asking me questions. 

"Who is he?"

"Where are you going?"

"When did this happen?"

"So you're not forever alone anymore?" that one made me laugh a little. I didn't really know how to answer so Rebecca continues for me. 

"It's with Hyunwoo, he asked her out a few days ago, and tonights the night" she says squealing 

"Wow, I didn't know Haeun knew what a date was?" Nick says laughing 

"Hey!! I do know what a date is, I just haven't been on one in a while" I say, trailing off with my sentences and smilling to myself.

"Well don't screw it up" J says nudging me.

"Yeah, whatever". We all start laughing and going back to our conversations. But I can't help but wonder why Hyunwoo would ask me on a date the same night as one of the basketball players is throwing a game, I mean he also plays basketball so I'm sure he was invited. Eventually the bell rings, we all get up and head to our classes. There was only one class left in the day and after that I planned to go straight to my room to get ready for my date with Hyunwoo, orders of Isabella herself. 

****

Hyunwoo's POV (assume the whole conversation is in Korean)

I walk into the boys dormitory and head straight for my room. If I'm being completely honest I am really nervous about this date. I mean I really like Haeun and I want everything to be perfect. I get to my room and the guys are all sitting around. 

"So you have a date tonight?" Youngdo asks 

"How did you know" I smile to myself as I sit down my backpack and loosen my tie. 

"I heard from Nick during Science who sat with everyone else during lunch, where they were all apparentely getting excited about it." Dohyun says.

"Congrats ! Who knew you had it in you?" Youngdo jokes and they all laugh. 

"Yeah, I was conveinced that you would be to afraid to say anything to Haeun, even though everyone on planet earth could tell you had a crush on her." Dohyun continues and they continue to joke about it until Joowon speaks up. 

"So when did you plan on telling me? Or did you not think it was important?". The guys get silent and look at me to see what my response is. 

"I mean it wasn't like that, I didn't really think you would mind I mean it's not like....."

"Of course I would mind she's my sister" 

"Yeah one you don't even know! Where did the protective older brother act come from?" At this no one responds, but the others can tell my words bothered Joowon. I felt bad but before I could apologies Joowon speaks up. 

"You know what whatever. Don't worry about it." he says as he walks out of the room clearly upset. I look to the other guys, who don't really know what to say either. 

"So where are you taking her? No place stupid I hope." Youngdo says lightening up the mood. 

****

Haeun's POV 

"Are you all satisfied now?" I ask walking out and showing the girls my outfit for literally the tenth time. Every time I put on an outfit there was always one thing that someone didn't like, and so for the past few hours I've been going from outfit to oufit trying to find the "perfect one". Personally I was fine with some jeans, my sneakers and a t-shirt. Obviously that's not what was happening. 

"I don't know, I feel like the shirt isn't right" Rebecca says, making us all groan. "What!? This has to be perfect!" 

"Here try this one with the tan cardigan over on the chair" Isabella sasy handing me a black crop top. I reluctantly take it. 

"Are you sure, I don't know how good this will look on me." 

"What are you talking about? Your body is perfect now go put it on!" 

"Ok Ok!" I walk into the bathroom and put on the top, which shows a little bit of my lower stomach since my jeans don't cover it. I pull on the cardigan over top and look in the mirror. I actually like it. It looks casual but cute at the same time. With a smile on my face I walk out of the bathroom. "This is it" I say 

"I agree. With these shoes." I look over and see a pair of heels that are the same color as the cardigan. 

"Are you serious?" I ask 

"We aren't taking no for an answer" Isabella states sternly while I look around to see the rest of the girls nodding in a greement. 

"Ok whatever" I say, smiling while the girls cheer for their small victory. 

"OK now to make up and hair" 

"Whats wrong with my hair now?" I ask referring to the bun on top of my head. 

"Ummm, no." Rebecca says walking over to me. "Now go change and sit down and let us work our magic." 

****

Two hours later and the girls were finally done with me. I look in the mirror and I can't believe it's me. I actually think I look really pretty. My hair is loosely curled to perfection and I don't know what kind of miracle they pulled on my face but I love it! 

"You like?" Isabella asks walking up behind me. 

"You guys are amazing. You could all start a salon if you wanted!" I say 

"Thank you I know." she says while jokingly looking at her nails. I get back into the outfit we all agreed on and put on the heels. 

"Looking good Eunie" Rebecca says while the rest of the girls cheer in agreement. 

"Thanks to you guys!" I say. 

"Looks like it's time. Lover boy's walking up now." One of the girls say, and I immediately feel the nerves kick in. All the girls run over looking out of the window, trying to be sneaky but not really succedding. I walk over grabbing my wallet, sticking it inside of my bag I walk out of the room with all the girls following me to the main door of the dorm. I turn around facing them. "OOkkkk, I think I got it from here." I say chuckling 

"Oh, uh yeah of course, we'll just uh....go peek from your room." One of the girls say and they all run back with Rebecca and Izzie as I laugh. I turn back towards the door and take one more deep breath before opening the door. Hyunwoo turns around to face me and his eyes widen. For a split second Im worried that I put to much work into my looks for this. Then he speaks. 

"You look perfect." He says smiling at me. I never noticed how perfect his smile was until now. 

"Thank you, you look really handsome." I say and he chuckles. 

"Thank you. You ready to go?" he asks putting his hand out. At first I was stuck, more nerves I guess. Soon enough I was able to get myself together before looking like a complete idiot, and I nod before placing my hand in his walking down the steps to be by his side. I expect him to let go at that point but he continues to hold my hand as we begin to walk. I like it, it feels warm, safe even. I can feel him looking down at me and I look up to be faced with his smile again. 

"So, where are we going anyway?" 

"Oh you'll see." he says as we reach his car. He lets go of my hand to open the door for me and I get in, buckling my seatbelt as he gets into the drivers seat. We begin driving for a little bit before the silence becomes to much for me. I guess he was thinking the same because we both reach for the radio at the same time. Our hands touching like one of those cliche movies. 

"Sorry" I put my hand back in my lap. 

"No it's fine, you can play what you want." With that I go back to the radio. Once it turns on my current favorite song starts playing and I can't help but to move around a little in my seat. Eventually I begin to sing, forgetting where I was and when the song ends I hear chuckling. I look over to see Hyunwoo giving me side glances as he drives. 

"I didn't know you could sing. You're really good" he says making me laugh 

"Yeah right"

"No I'm serious, you're voice is amazing!" he caught me with that, I didn't think he was serious but the change in his tone proved he was. 

"Well.....Thank you." I say smiling to myself. I look out the window realizing that we stopped in a parking lot. "Are we here" 

"Yep, you ready to have some fun?" he says smitking as he gets out the car. I get out the car and close the door. I look around and the first thing I see is a huge ferris wheel. My eyes grow big as I realize where we are. 

"Oh my gosh the carnival!" I run over to catch up with Hyunwoo, who takes my hand in his. "I love the carnival!" 

"I'm glad. Tomorrow was the last day but I know you normally work on Saturdays so I wanted you to be able to enjoy it before it was gone." So is that why he didn't go to the party? 

"Thank you" I say smiling up at him. "I really appreciate it." And with that we walk into the carnival. It was amazing we went on so many rides and played so many games. I learned that Hyunwoo is a really good basketball player. I mean I knew he played but I had no idea he was that good. he won an entire bag of stuffed animals which we ended up running back to the car to put away so we wouldn't have to carry them. Afterwards we continued with a few more rides and games. We were walking around looking for something new to do when my stomach began to growl. Embarrising me immedietely. 

"Someone's hungry." Hyunwoo chuckled.

"Hey I'm a grwoing girl!" I say making us both laugh. 

"Alright well how about we find something to eat." I nod in agreement and we walk until we find a pizza place and I run for the hills. I hear Hyunwoo chuckling at me as he jogs to keep up. 

"How do you even run in those shoes?" he asks laughing.

"You know what, I don't even know" I laugh as we walk in. "I just love pizza" 

"Yeah I can tell" he says following me in. We sit down at a booth and shortly after someone comes to take our orders. 

"I'll take a sprite and a medium peperroni pizza" I say looking up at the waiter with a smile and then at Hyunwoo. "What do you want." 

"That pizza's just for you?" he asks in disbelief 

"Yeah, trust me I can eat a medium all by myself no problem" I say smirking at him

"Yeah right" 

"I'm telling you the truth!"

"Ok we'll see. I'll also take a sprite and a medium peperroni" He says

"Ok I'll be right back with that" they say chuckling and leaving. 

"So are you having fun so far?" he asks

"I mean I guess" I say looking around jokingly.

"Hey! I worked hard on this date!" he says making me laugh.

"No really I'm having a lot of fun" I say 

"Good. Good, I'm glad." he says as our food and drinks are placed in front of us. We begin eating. 

"So what's life like back home for you?" he asks

"I mean typical teenage life really. I'm the oldest of my siblings and they annoy me a lot of the time but I love them so I deal with it." we both laugh at that. "Other then that it's just my mom and us." I say and he nods in response. "What about you?" I ask 

"Huh?" 

"I mean what's life like for you back in Korea?"

"Oh well...I'm an only child, and my father is never really around so it ends up being just me and mom when I'm home. We're really close I guess" 

"Is it a lot different from America? Being in Korea?" 

"Yeah I guess so. It's a different culture and everyone is the same which is different from here because everywhere you look there is someone different. I love it here though it's nice. I do miss korea sometimes though." 

"It must be great"

"You'll have to come some time. I'd even give you a tour." he says smiling at me 

"I'll have to take you up on that offer someday" I say smiling back. He looks down at my tray seeing that there is no more pizza. I look over at his side of the table. I begin to laugh once I realize he still had half the pizza left. 

"I should have gotten a small" he says laughing with me.

"Yeah I think that would have been a good idea" I say. We get a to go box and start heading back towards the car. 

"So why did you ask me out?" I ask. He looks down at me for a while bofre looking ahead and answering.

"Because I like you." I'm not sure what to say in response. I mean I like him to but I'm still not over the fact that he even asked me out to begin with. I've never been to good with my words so I kind of just look down at my feet, but I couldn't help but to smile down to myself. 

"Do you like me?" 

"Huh?" 

"Do you like me too?" 

"Yes" I say without hesitation. He smiles for the one hundreth time and for the one hundreth time I smile back. 

"Ok" Is all he says before opening the car door for me. I get in and after he gets in we head back to campus, singing along to the radio the whole way back, even though Hyunwoo was a horrible singer he told me his voice would grow on me, and contniued singing along. We eventually made it back to campus and sadly the date was over as he began walking me back to the girl's dorm, with the bag of stuffed animals in his left hand, and my hand in his right one. 

"On a scale from one to ten how good was the date?"

"Negative two" I say quickly trying to hold in my laughs 

"Hey!" 

"Im kidding. It's a solid twelve." 

"Better be" he says jokingly. "You surprised me actually" he says. I look up confused and he continues."You went almost the entire night speaking korean." and I laughed until I realized he was right. Unless I was talking to someone else I was speaking korean with Hyunwoo."Informally at that" he adds and I look up shocked, not sure what to say."It's fine" he says chuckling."Your korean is really good. I like when you talk in korean, you should do it more often." he says. I just thank him and we continue to walk to the dorms. We make it to the door and I stand and face him. 

"I had a lot of fun tonight Hyunwoo. Thank you" 

"Thank you, I'm not going to lie I thought you would say no." He says chuckling nervously. I don't really know what to do next, so I walk up to him and hug him. I can tell he's a little shocked at first but then he sets down the bag and wraps his arms around me. We stay like that for a while before he starts laughing again. 

"I think your friends are expecting you" confused I look over to the window and see a group of girls trying to be sneaky. They notice we caught them though and try to quickly run off making us both laugh. 

"Yeah I guess they are."

"Well umm, I guess I'll see you tomorrow or something?" he asks nervously 

"Yeah you'll see me tomorrow or something." I say smiling 

"Ok. Goodnight Haeun" he hugs me one more time before turning and leaving. I sigh contently as I open the door dragging the bag in with me. I close the door and lean against it closing my eyes. That is until I hear yelling from all over and girls running to me. 

"What's in the bag?"

"How was it?"

"Did he pay for everything?"

"Was he a gentlemen?"

"Did you enjoy yourself?"

"Did you kiss?"

"I'm tired" Is all I say smirking and walking to my room dragging the bag along while all the girls protest. I get to my room taking off my shoes and dropping the stuffed animals by my bed. I go straight to getting ready for bed. Tying up my hair I clean off my face and brush my teeth. I change into some pajamas and walk over to my bed. 

"So was it fun?"

"Yeah, I had an amazing time" I say smiling while looking up at the ceiling. Im surprised my face wasn't hurting from all the smiling and laughing I've been doing. 

"I want to hear all about it tomorrow. Remember we have our morning run tomorrow before you go to work"

"Ok I say." and with that Isabella turns out the lights and I fall into a peaceful sleep.