Chapter 2

When Worlds Collide

Before I knew it the weekend was over and I was crawling out of my bed like a zombie from the grave. I had no desire to go to school. Even still I grab my book bag, and some how drag Isabella out of the dorms and we head towards the school buildings, not having enough time for breakfast, we eat granola bars on the way. 

"What class do you have first?" She asked me 
"Math. What about you?" 
"Art." It was something Izzie loved. The class was in another building though so we parted ways there. 
"Ok well then I'll see you later." 
"Alright, see ya." Izzie replays 
I continue to head over to the main building when a few people run past me. One of them I recognize as a guy from my math class. 
"Haeun what are you doing we're late!" He yells as he keeps running. But I thought I had  at least three more minutes until the bell. As I go to reach for my phone I hear it. The bell rings and I begin to run. I almost make it, but then I run right into someone both of us falling and my papers flying everywhere. This definitely isn't what I needed. I begin to apologize repeatedly as I try to grab all my papers frantically. I realize that the person I ran into has already gotten up and has the rest of my papers. 
"Thank you so mu.." I look up and realize exactly who I ran into joowon Kim. 
"You should watch where you're going." He looked down at me and even though his words sound harsh his tone was not. 
"Yeah I probably should. I'm really sorry again, and thank you for your help." I say as I take my papers from his hand and walk past him. I finally get to class and take my normally seat, and the boredom begins. 
 
****
 
"HE'S THE PRESIDENT'S SON !!" Isabella runs to our table in the lunch room out of breath. 
"What are you talking about?" I ask as we all look at her with confusion. She sits down next to me taking some of my french fries from my plate eating them. 
"You know about the rumors of the new guys being famous and all? How it had something to do with government status?" 
"Yeah what about it?" Jordan asked 
"Well it's true. All of the guys are from families high up in the South Korean government. And that one guy, Joowon Kim, he's the son of the President of South Korea!" We all kind of go silent after that. We look around at each other and aren't really sure what to say. One of Jordan's friends walk over with their phone. 
"It's true look!" He hands him his phone and we all gather around it and look. There were so many pictures of him. Profiles and everything. We saw his fathers name and clicked on it, and sure enough it was the president. Everyone in the cafeteria started talking about it. And then they walked in. The four new famous international students. They looked around, obviously noticing everyone staring but it didn't seem to bother them. One of the boys,  I think I remember his name was Hyunwoo, whispers something into Joowon's ear and he nods in response. They walk over to an empty table a few feet away from ours and they sit down. I can't help but look over there , until one of them catches me and they all turn looking back at me making me drop my gaze immediately.  
"Do you know them or something Haeun?" I look up at Rebecca but before I can say anything Nick, another guy at our table starts talking. 
"You never know maybe she does, now that I'm thinking about it she does kind of look like the president's kid don't you guys think?" He's obviously amused with his little observation and everyone at the table begins to look back and forth between Joowon and I, nodding their heads in agreement. 
"Guys really?!? That is probably the most ridiculous thing I've heard since Jordan said he was related to Chris brown!" 
"Hey. You never know !! It could be true!" He says making everyone laugh. 
" yeah but it's not!" I reply 
" but think about it Haeun, we know your half Korean, but you have no idea who your family is, which means it could be anybody, and you guys do favor each other." I take in Isabella's words as I look back at Joowon, who is now laughing with his friends eating at their table. It was just to weird to even consider. Even though I did get this feeling in the pit of my stomach I didn't focus on it, I pretended it wasn't there. 
"Whatever guys, I have no desire to know who my father is, like I said before if he wanted to he would have come around a long time ago or contact me and he hasn't, I might not know who my father is, but I'm positive he isn't the president." I say laughing it off and standing. No one really responds. "Now come on losers we still have two more classes." I say and we all get up dumping our trash and leaving the cafeteria.