Watching Him

His Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jihoon had the tendency to watch over someone and judge silently. He couldn’t help it when he saw someone or something out of ordinary. He liked to watch people, many and many kinds of people. Some people may appear kind most of the time, but there were times that they lost their cool and started to show their true form. Some people might appear like bad news but then turned out to be real sweethearts. But then, there was Soonyoung. Jihoon wasn’t really sure how to explain Soonyoung. He looked nice, Jihoon thought sometimes. He had been watching him, for quite a long time, before. He just couldn’t seem to reveal his true self. He had fun all the time. He laughed at the silliest thing. He made gray glowed red. He made the best out of everything he did. He had nothing and yet everything. Jihoon could never understand. He could never figure that boy out. Maybe he didn’t try hard enough, but the idea of him trying to figure Soonyoung out didn’t sound so appealing for him.  

 

When Jihoon thought that Soonyoung was always happy with all the good time he was having, he couldn’t help but to let his memory take him back to that moment when he witnessed the sad, broken, and fragile Kwon Soonyoung. Jihoon couldn’t forget Soonyoung’s tears, for it was the first and last time he saw them. That was the only other side from Soonyoung that he saw, but yet again, he wasn’t sure if it was a bad thing or a good one. He didn’t believe in people without bad sides. He couldn’t believe Kwon Soonyoung. He really just wanted to scream to Soonyoung’s face, “Show me your bad sides!” Jihoon hated him for not showing his bad sides.

 

Jihoon didn’t like to see the things he hated, but he wasn’t the type to crush them. He remembered the pink clock that his mom got him for his fourteenth birthday that he despised. He had it hidden in a box under his bed. He couldn’t throw it away but he despised it very much that he couldn’t stand looking at it. He chose to store it away, even when he really hated it. Soonyoung was one of many things that Jihoon tried to avoid, that he tried to store away, might be because he hated him, but he might not. He might hate the way of Soonyoung acting but he decided that he never hated Soonyoung. When he grew older, he found a new definition of hate and he, by that meaning, didn’t hate Kwon Soonyoung. He wanted nothing to do with that boy though. When he accidentally saw Soonyoung walking and laughing with Lee Seokmin, he knew that they would only create trouble, or maybe he was the trouble itself. Seokmin was his underclassman and Soonyoung was just here like a day ago. How could they be that close already? He didn’t really mind Soonyoung being close to whoever he wanted, it wasn’t his business. But if he got close to someone to create chaos, he hated it. So, put Kwon Soonyoung, the boy who had unlimited stock of energy and Lee Seokmin, the hyperactive kid together, it was a total disaster. From where he stood, Jihoon could already hear their loud, very loud bickering. He turned around to avoid them because “There is no way I’m going to walk with them.” He was so glad that he could escape from those two who suddenly found Wonwoo, a nerd without humor sense, interesting. Jihoon, again, admitted that he could never figure Soonyoung out. That boy was just too far beyond his level of comprehension.

 

Another day with Soonyoung around and his circle of friend had seemed to grow bigger. It had been a long time since the last time Jihoon lost his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter