"He forgot my birthday" - Eric's POV

Love From Beginning

Eric Mun wasn’t the type of person who would sleep late unless if there was a party or if he went to clubs with Minwoo but that day was an exception. Maybe because he was waiting for a certain someone to call or message him.

Why?

Because the next day was his birthday and he wanted to receive a message or call from Hyesung but he didn’t get any when 12 o’clock had passed.

‘Maybe he fell asleep. He must’ve been busy with his club’s preparation for tomorrow’ Eric tried to cheer himself up.

Beep…

Eric immediately reached his phone but only ended up with a sigh when he received a message from Jimin.

*Happy 23rd birthday, Eric-ah~ Let’s go out this weekend~ My treat okay because I’m not going to be at college tomorrow, I have a photoshoot*

Eric went to bed after he replied Jimin’s text.

*Thanks, Jimin-ah! Okay, I’ll be waiting. Don’t you dare bail on me!*

Next day…

Eric decided to look for Hyesung to check if the younger guy remember his birthday or not.

‘Eric, my man!’ Minwoo called and casually wrapped his arm around Eric’s shoulder.

‘Happy birthday, dude. Let’s go to Roof this weekend, my treat’ Minwoo winked.

‘Make it next weekend, thanks. Jimin wants to go out this weekend’

Minwoo pouted, ‘Okay fine…’ but later he changed his expression.

‘So, has he wish you?’ he wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

‘Who?’ Eric raised his eyebrows.

‘Don’t play dumb’ Minwoo scoffed.

Eric then knew and later sighed, ‘He didn’t text or call me. He forgot maybe’ Eric said sadly.

Minwoo patted his back as comfort, ‘Maybe... You know how important the competition today right’

‘Yeah, you’re right. It’s just my luck that the competition is on my birthday. Anyway, I’m going to see him now. Bye, Minwoo’ Eric waved goodbye as he started looking for Hyesung.

Eric knew where to find the prince especially when he was the president of music club. He knocked on the door before entering and smiled when he saw Hyesung talking to his club members.

‘Oh, look who’s here!’ Dongwan remarked when he saw Eric who was in the room.

Hyesung turned around and waved hi, ‘Oh, hi Eric. What are you doing here?’

‘Nothing, just want to be here’ he smiled awkwardly.

Hyesung nodded and told him to wait as he wanted to finish his speech to s. After that, they all went out from the room leaving Hyesung and Eric alone in the room.

‘So, what’s up?’ Hyesung asked as he started cleaning the room.

‘Nothing, just want to see you today’ he replied while helping Hyesung to do the cleaning.

‘Really? I don’t believe you. Do you have something to say?’ Hyesung eyed him suspiciously.

Eric shook his head while chuckling awkwardly, ‘I was telling the truth. Btw, what day is today?’ Eric pretended asking.

‘Thursday’

‘So you don’t remember?’ Eric cautiously asked while trying to hide his sadness.

‘Remember what? I don’t think I forgot anything. I helped the guys with their preparations yesterday. I kiss my mum goodbye this morning’ Hyesung listed down the things until he snapped his fingers.

‘AH!’ he said out loud.

‘What is it?’ Eric asked who was anticipating Hyesung’s next reply.

‘I forgot to place an order for my books!’ he snapped his fingers.

‘Oh…’ Eric smiled weakly but he decided to be positive and thought that it was immature of him to be sulky about small things.

‘Hey, the competition is going to start. Let’s go!’ Eric exclaimed as he dragged Hyesung out to the main hall.

‘Where are you going?’ Hyesung looked at Eric with confusion when he saw him leaving.

‘I want to look for Minwoo. He told me he is here’

Hyesung nodded in understanding, ‘Oh okay’

Hyesung was enjoying the performances while waiting for Eric and Minwoo until Andy and Junjin whispered to him.

‘So..?’ Junjin wiggled his eyebrows.

‘So what?’ Hyesung raised his eyebrows.

‘What did you get for him? I heard you and him stayed in music room for a while’ Andy smirked.

‘Him? You mean, Eric? Why should I get something for Eric..?’ he frowned.

Junjin and Andy looked at each other and looked at Hyesung with their eyes widen, ‘You mean you don’t remember?!’ they said out loud causing the people around them turn around.

‘Shhh! Remember what?!’ Hyesung was getting annoyed.

‘It was Eric hyung’s birthday, idiot!’ Junjin said angrily.

‘I can’t believe this. I thought you guys are close’ Andy sighed heavily.

‘We are!’ Hyesung defended but later a sudden feeling of guiltiness came when he remembered his conversation with the older guy earlier.

‘OH …’ he hissed under his breath.

‘Yeah, oh ’ Junjin and Andy rolled their eyes.

‘If Eric asks where am I, just create a lie. You guys are good at it right’ Hyesung said hurriedly while rushing out the hall.

‘Hyung!’ they called out but the brunette guy couldn’t hear them anymore.

As if on the cue, Eric and Minwoo came. Eric looked around and frowned when he couldn’t find Hyesung anywhere.

‘Where’s Hyesung?’ he asked.

Junjin and Andy looked at each other and smiled awkwardly, ‘The teacher wanted to meet him for something. We don’t know why’

Eric nodded in understanding, ‘Oh okay’

Andy quickly gestured Junjin to text Hyesung about the lie they just told so that the story was going to be the same.

2 hours later…

‘Are you ready, Kangta?’ Ji Hoon, Kangta’ friend asked when it was their group’s turn to perform.

Kangta nodded and together with his group, they stood up the stage and prepared. Before he started, he looked around to see if Hyesung was around but Kangta couldn’t see him anywhere. He felt like he should convey his feelings towards Hyesung through the song he was about to sing, whether if Hyesung understood or not.

‘Kangta…’ Ji Hoon whispered and when Kangta realised he was taking too long, he started singing without Hyesung’s presence.

A minute as he was singing, he saw Hyesung who just entered the hall and it made him so happy that Hyesung would finally hear him sing. But his desire was crushed when he saw Hyesung grabbed Eric’s wrist and together, they walked out the hall.

Hyesung dragged Eric to the music room and locked the door fearing if anyone would see them.

‘Woah, where have you been Hyesung? And why are you sweating?’ Eric looked at Hyesung’s sweaty face.

‘Yah! Why didn’t you tell me sooner?!’ Hyesung said angrily.

‘Tell you what?’ Eric looked at him with confusion.

‘That today is your birthday!’ he glared.

A moment of realisation hit Eric and he just scratched his head awkwardly, ‘Because it’s nothing important…’

‘It is important. At least to me!’ Hyesung said and threw him something. Luckily Eric managed to catch it.

‘What’s this?’ Eric asked as he was observing a box that was thrown to him.

‘Just open it’ Hyesung hissed.

Eric looked at Hyesung before opening the box. It touched his heart when he saw a necklace with red jade in the box.

‘You should be grateful okay! I had to skip the first 2 hours to buy you this’

Eric blinked his eyes in disbelief, ‘You mean… You went out to buy me this..?’

‘Duh. Where do you think I got this from?’ he crossed his arms.

Eric grinned widely and gave Hyesung the tightest hug in the world causing the brunette guy to slap Eric’s back because he needed oxygen.

‘A-Air’ Hyesung barely said.

Eric finally released himself and scratched his face awkwardly, ‘Thank you, Hyesung-ah. I really really really love your gift’ he said sincerely.

Hyesung just smiled contently when he saw Eric staring at the necklace like a kid who just got a Christmas gift. He went to help Eric when the older guy was struggling to wear the necklace on his own.

‘Let me help’ he offered as helped Eric.

‘Thanks’ he smiled again and touched the necklace.

‘You look good wearing it. Now, let’s go. I don’t want to skip my club’s performance’

‘Wait!’ Eric held Hyesung’s wrist and took out his handkerchief to wipe Hyesung’s sweat.

‘We don’t want people to think their prince is a sweaty person, right’ Eric muttered. Hyesung just hmm while ignoring his beating heart.

‘Done!’ Eric smiled brightly and said, ‘Let’s go now. We don’t want to be late’

‘Hyesung, why are you still standing there? Come…’ Eric remarked when he was already outside the room.

Hyesung shook his head and ran towards him, ‘Coming!’

Dongwan, Minwoo, Junjin and Andy looked at Hyesung and Eric weirdly when they just on time for Hyesung’s club performance. When Junjin was about to ask where they had been, Andy, Minwoo and Dongwan gestured him to Eric’s neck. Junjin looked at the respective area and smirked widely.

‘How sweet…’ he mumbled.

‘What did you say, Junjin?’ Hyesung looked at him.

Junjin smiled and shook his head, ‘Nothing, hyung~’

After the performance…

‘Kangta-ah!’ Hyesung called when he saw his friend walking.

Kangta looked up and waved hi, ‘Hey, Hyesung. I didn’t see you just now’

Hyesung scratched his head awkwardly, ‘Yeah, I have something to do’

‘With Eric?’ Kangta asked coldly but Hyesung was too oblivious to notice the tone.

‘Yup, I need to talk to him about something. But I still watched your performance, Andy recorded it. It was daebak! I really like your voice’ Hyesung praised.

Kangta’s face lit up, ‘Really?’

Hyesung smiled while nodding his head, ‘Yeah, I really like it. But Dongwan said it was a message to someone you like. Kangta…’ Hyesung looked at him seriously causing Kangta’s heart beat rapidly.

‘You have to confess to that person, so that she would know about your feelings. You must do it as soon as possible before it’s too late but I can guarantee she will say yes to you’ Hyesung said with encouragement.

Kangta smiled awkwardly as it wasn’t something he was expecting, ‘T-Thanks, Hyesung’

‘Alright! No problem, just tell me how it goes okay. I have to go now, bye’ Hyesung waved goodbye before leaving.

Kangta sighed heavily, ‘It’s not a she but a he, Hyesung…’

Next day…

The gang had told Hyesung that they would be at the cafeteria as Hyesung’s class finished around lunch time. As Hyesung was walking towards his friends, he spotted Eric with Minwoo and noticed that Eric was wearing the necklace he gave as a gift. It made Hyesung smiled secretly as he didn’t want people to notice.

‘Hey, Hyesung’ Eric greeted when he saw Hyesung walking passed his table.

‘Oh, hi Eric, hi Minwoo’ he waved hi and walked to his own table.

As Hyesung and his friends were talking and eating, he overheard a conversation between Eric and some juniors.

‘Ommo!’ the girls halted their steps at Eric’s table.

‘Oppa?’

‘Yes’ Eric smiled at those girls.

‘Is that a necklace you’re wearing?’ one of the girls pointed.

Eric looked down at the necklace and smiled while touching it, ‘Yes, it is’

‘But you never wear necklaces!’

‘Well, I need a change. Plus, this necklace is very important to me and I want to keep it with me forever’

The girls leaned forward, ‘Is it from Jimin unnie?’

Eric chuckled lightly, ‘Nope’

They snapped their fingers, ‘Must be your mum then’

‘I don’t know~’ he playfully shrugged his shoulder.

‘Tell us, Eric oppa~’ they pleaded.

‘Excuse me, girls but your oppa here needs to eat. Maybe you can ask him next time’ Minwoo came to the rescue.

‘Okay then’ they pouted as they were leaving.

Hyesung who was overhearing the conversation smiled widely alone and it didn’t go unnoticed by his friends.

‘Yah, why are you smiling alone like an idiot?!’ Dongwan said out loud.

Hyesung gained his conscious and continued focusing on his food, ‘No, I didn’t!’

‘Yeah right. You heard Eric…’ Junjin was about to finish his sentence when Hyesung stuffed a piece of bread in his mouth.

‘Shut the fck up before I stuff more bread in your mouth’ he hissed.

Unknown to Hyesung, Eric also overheard Hyesung’s conversation and was now grinning widely like an idiot monkey.

‘Geez, you have to just confess to him man’ Minwoo who was getting annoyed at his best friend.

‘It’s not the time yet’ he replied calmly.

‘How do you know? Don’t you afraid if people get him first?’ Minwoo frowned.

Eric shook his head, ‘Nope because I know he’s going to be with me in the end’

Minwoo scoffed loudly while muttering, ‘Cocky bastard’