"Why are you so stubborn?!" - Hyesung's POV

Love From Beginning

‘Hyesung, the results are out!’ one of the club’s members patted Hyesung’s back before running away.

Hyesung blinked his eyes a few times and saw that many students were running towards a direction. He started running too when he saw Dongwan who was running with Junjin and Andy.

‘Ugh!’ he groaned in annoyance when he couldn’t see the announcement board due to many people. He gave up and walked away from the crowd.

‘Yah, Hyesung! We won!’ someone shouted from behind and when Hyesung turned around, it was Dongwan who was smiling widely.

‘REALLY?! ASAAA~’ Hyesung cheered happily as he gave a high 5 to the shorter guy.

‘Ugh, as expected the music club won’ Junjin who was from Dance Club just rolled his eyes.

‘Come on, you know that we have the best members’ Hyesung teased.

‘Whatever’ Junjin hissed under his breath.

‘We’re definitely going to celebrate, right hyung’ Andy said happily as he too was from Music Club.

‘Of course, tonight at Roof Club~ Wanna join Junjin?’ Hyesung smirked at the dancer.

‘No way in hell’

Andy poked his boyfriend’s cheeks playfully, ‘Are you sure, Junjin-ah..?’

Junjin slapped Andy’s hand gently, ‘Of course’ he stood on his ground.

‘Oh well…’ Andy put on his fake act.

‘I thought that you might want to stayover since my parents aren’t home for this week’ Andy tried the last tactic that he knew Junjin would give in. And the older guy did.

‘What time?’ Junjin looked at Hyesung causing everyone to laugh.

‘9’

‘Okay. Andy and I will be there’ Junjin said and he dragged Andy away since they have class after this.

‘Andy has Junjin wrap around his finger’ Dongwan chuckled.

‘They’re head over heels about each other’ Hyesung nodded in agreement.

Roof Club…

‘Let’s get this party starting!’ Junjin yelled excitedly when they entered the club.

As usual, the club was noisy and many people were having fun dancing and some just sit at the bar drinking all the alcohol served. You could say that they were regular customers at the club since they loved the place. As they were walking towards a table, Hyesung saw Kangta who just walked into the club.

‘Kangta-ah! I can’t believe you’re here’ Hyesung smiled at the guy.

Kangta scratched his head shyly, ‘Dongwan invited me’ he said.

‘You’re alone?’ Hyesung looked around.

‘Yeah, Ji Hoon couldn’t come’ he nodded.

‘I see… Well, you can hangout with us tonight. Let’s go’ Hyesung said and walked towards the table where the others were sitting.

‘How many can you drink..?’ Kangta asked.

‘So many that you can’t even count’ Hyesung smirked as he took a bottle of alcohol.

‘Are you sure? You don’t seem like the type’

‘Oh ho ho, you don’t want to underestimate this young prince. He can drink the best compared to Junjin’ Dongwan patted Hyesung’s back.

‘Told you’ Hyesung smirked as he put on a smug face.

They all started chatting and laughing loudly and when Hyesung’s jam started playing, Hyesung yelled excitedly and dragged the guys to dance with him.

‘Come on, Kangta!’ Hyesung pulled the guy to join him.

‘No thanks, I’ll be here watching’ he declined as he wasn’t a good dancer.

‘Ugh, you . Come on, Junjin’ Hyesung dragged the talented dancer.

The guys laughed when they saw Hyesung dancing to the beat because on normal days, it was rare to see him dance but when he was under the influence of alcohol, you would see the true side of Shin Hyesung.

‘Dude, I’m out. I’m too tired’ Junjin said while holding on Hyesung.

‘Really? That fast?’ Hyesung looked at him.

‘We’ve been dancing for hours!’ he protested.

Hyesung just rolled his eyes, ‘You’re lame, Junjin. Fine, you can go now. I’m going to order a drink’

‘Not too strong, hyung’ he said out loud and exited from the crowd.

‘Excuse me, can I have Blue Ocean?’ Hyesung said as he sat at the bar.

While waiting for his drink, he felt like someone tapped on his shoulder. When he looked up, he blinked his eyes a few times before recognising the face.

‘Eric-ah~ I didn’t know you’re here’ Hyesung chirped happily.

‘Minwoo wanted to treat me for my birthday celebration. Where’s the rest?’ Eric looked around for his friends.

‘Over there’ Hyesung pointed towards the table.

Eric looked and frowned when he saw Kangta who was talking casually with Dongwan.

‘You’re with Kangta?’ he questioned.

Hyesung nodded, ‘Yeah, Dongwan invited him’

Then the bartender placed Hyesung’s order on the table, ‘Your order…’

‘Thanks’ Hyesung smiled and took the drink.

‘Eric, do you want to sit with us for awhile?’ Hyesung asked.

Eric just smiled and shook his head, ‘Nah, it’s fine. You go and have fun but just don’t drink too much okay. I know that you guys are celebrating’ he said gently.

‘Oh okay. Bye, Eric’ he waved goodbye and went back to his table.

‘Where’s Junjin and Andy?’ Hyesung raised his eyebrows when he saw his favourite maknaes weren’t around.

‘Making out in the toilet I guess’ Dongwan shrugged his shoulder.

Hyesung tsk and slumped himself beside Kangta, ‘That bastard. He said he was tired’ he said in annoyance.

They continued drinking and talking until past midnight and everyone could see that Hyesung had enough because he started talking rubbish and swaying his body left and right.

‘That’s enough, Hyesung. You drank too much already’ Kangta stopped Hyesung from drinking.

‘No~ I can drink more’ he protested and tried to grab the bottle like a baby.

‘No, that’s enough. Let’s send you back home okay’ Kangta said firmly.

‘I’m going to send this guy home okay’ Kangta told the rest of the guys while helping Hyesung to stand up properly.

‘Alright, thanks for helping Kangta’ Dongwan said. Usually, he would be the one who send Hyesung home but since Kangta insisted, he agreed to it.

‘Let’s go Hyesung’ Kangta said and tried hard to make Hyesung walk with balance.

‘B-Bye, guys~ See you at paradise~’ Hyesung chuckled as he swayed his body.

‘You surely can drink so much’ Kangta praised as they were walking slowly towards the exit.

‘Of course!’ Hyesung smiled proudly.

Then, Hyesung saw a familiar figure outside the club. He smiled widely and started running, leaving Kangta behind with confusion.

‘Eric-ah~’ Hyesung clung on Eric’s body. Eric who was surprised by the sudden act turned around and found Hyesung trying to balance himself.

‘You’re leaving right? So you have to send me home! It’s a must!’ Hyesung made a demanding face.

‘Hyesung-ah, why did you run?’ Kangta said trying to catch his breath. He didn’t even notice that Eric was in front of him. When he did, he tried to hide his surprise.

‘Oh Eric, it’s you. I’m sorry for his behaviour, he drank too much just now’ Kangta said apologetically.

‘I can see…’ Eric said as he looked at Hyesung who was mumbling something that no one could understand.

‘Let’s go, Hyesung. I’m going to send you back home’ Kangta tried to pull Hyesung away from Eric.

Hyesung chuckled and clung onto Eric more while waving his hands, ‘It’s okay, Kangta... I have Eric right here. It’s his duty to send me back home’ he said while poking Eric’s cheeks.

‘Yah, since when it’s my duty?!’ Eric frowned.

‘Since you’re here!’ Hyesung punched his arms.

‘Oh okay then. Stay safe, Hyesung’ Kangta silently sighed and smiled weakly at the both of them.

‘Thanks for helping this bastard, Kangta’ Eric smiled gratefully while Hyesung just waved goodbye.

As usual, Kangta didn’t leave instead he listened to their conversation.

‘Luckily that I brought my motorbike tonight. If not, we would have to walk a long way’

Hyesung groaned in annoyance and complained, ‘I don’t want to ride your motorbike. It makes me want to throw up’

‘But I don’t want to leave my bike here!’ he protested.

‘Then, let’s walk around the area until I feel better!’ he suggested.

Eric rolled his eyes, ‘Now, I understand why people call you a prince. A spoilt brat prince’

‘Yah!’ another punch landed on Eric’s arms.

Kangta sighed heavily when they were already walking far in front and with heavy steps, he went back inside the club.

‘Eh? I thought you wanted to send Hyesung home?’ Dongwan looked at him with confusion.

‘Yeah, I wanted to but he wanted to go with Eric’ he gave a fake smile.

‘Eric? He was here?’ Dongwan looked surprise.

‘Yeah, he was! Andy and I saw him and his gang just now. Minwoo is also here’ Junjin joined in the conversation and pointed towards Eric’s table.

‘Oh, I didn’t realised that… But oh well, it’s not like this is the first time’ Dongwan shrugged his shoulder.

‘I-It’s not?’ Kangta said.

‘Nope’ Dongwan shook his head and continued, ‘We went out drinking once with Eric and Minwoo and Eric offered to send Hyesung home. And now, probably Hyesung’s going to spend the night at Eric’s. Just like before’

‘They always do that?’ Kangta asked for confirmation as he couldn’t believe his ears.

‘Only when they drink together. But other than that, I don’t know. That Hyesung… When we ask him about his feelings, he just said he’s friends with Eric. But obviously we know that’s not the case’ Dongwan chuckled lightly.

‘I’m sure they’re just friends!’ Kangta suddenly protested, totally disagreed of what Dongwan said.

‘I mean… I’m sure Hyesung is telling the truth. He wouldn’t lie to you guys, right’ Kangta smiled awkwardly.

‘Yeah, you’re right’ Dongwan nodded in agreement.

They both dropped the subject when Junjin asked them if they should go and hangout with Minwoo and his friends. Kangta declined politely as he said he needed to go home since he had something to do the next day. Before going to bed, he thought about what happened earlier and the conversation between him and Dongwan. It automatically brought to when Kangta asked Hyesung about it.

Flashback…

‘Say, Hyesung…’ Kangta started when they were in the Student Society Club because Hyesung needed to fill in some forms there.

‘Hmm?’

‘I heard that you and Eric became close all of the sudden…’ he cautiously said.

Hyesung looked up and gave him a ridiculous look, ‘What? It’s not all of the sudden, it’s just happened’ he chuckled and continued filling the forms.

‘Are you two going out..?’

Another ridiculous look was thrown to him, ‘What the hell are you talking about?! Me and Eric have nothing going on. He even has a girlfriend, well even though they’re just a fake couple but he still has someone else’

‘Do you like him?’

‘Kangta… Are you sick or something? You’ve been talking rubbish since just now’ Hyesung raised his eyebrows.

Kangta smiled and shook his head, ‘Yeah, maybe I’m sick. Just ignore what I just said’

‘Don’t worry, I already deleted them in my brain’

‘Here… I’ve filled the forms already’ Hyesung showed the forms to Kangta before putting on the table.

‘Oh okay’ he nodded absently.

‘I’ve got to go now. And don’t forget to take your medicines, Kangta!’ Hyesung teased before walking out from the room.

‘I won’t…’ he said faintly.

XXXXXXX

‘Why did I come early today?’ Hyesung mentally scolded himself when he arrived at college 2 hours earlier and now, all of his friends left him because they were having class. He decided to just hangout at his favourite spot which was behind the faculty building. He halted his steps when he saw someone took his spot.

‘What the hell…’ Hyesung hissed. No one actually knew about that place as it was secluded and you have to actually walk quite far from the faculty. He decided to leave until he actually saw the person’s face when before he faced away from Hyesung.

‘Eric..?’ Hyesung muttered and walked towards the older guy.

‘Eric, what are you doing here?’ Hyesung asked even though he knew the older guy was probably sleeping based on the closed eyes.

‘Nothing…’ he replied in a hoarse voice.

Hyesung actually didn’t expect a reply but he also didn’t expect the way Eric sounded. He casually sat beside the older guy and asked, ‘What’s wrong with you?’

‘What’s wrong with me what?’

‘I don’t know, you sound different’

Eric covered Hyesung’s mouth with his hands, ‘You talk too much, Hyesung’ he said softly and leaned his head on Hyesung’s shoulder.

‘Yah… Are you okay?’ Hyesung said with a slight concern.

‘Hyesung, just be quiet and let me rest for awhile’

With that Hyesung kept quiet. He constantly looked at the sleeping Eric and after a few minutes, he decided to check Eric’s forehead just in case. And it was hot.

‘You’re sick? Why did you come to college? You should stay home and rest, Eric!’ Hyesung unconsciously said with a loud voice.

‘Just a little. I had an important lab practical. I don’t want to. And again, keep quiet Hyesung’ Eric casually replied and continued resting.

‘What the hell did you do?’ Hyesung hissed but Eric didn’t reply, instead he gave his infamous shrug.

Suddenly, Hyesung remembered something. It was raining the day before and the idiot who was resting next to him did a stupid thing. He offered his jacket to Jimin because she didn’t bring an umbrella so did he. And the most idiotic thing was he accompanied Jimin to the bus station and then went back to college letting his jacket totally drenched in water. Stupid huh. He should’ve waited until the rain stopped or ask if the students have an extra umbrella, but nope, he just had to do it. Maybe because their fans were around them.

‘You’re stupid…’ Hyesung glared at him.

‘Hmm?’

‘Nothing’ Hyesung shook his head.

After 2 hours…

Eric slowly opened his eyes and rubbed his eyes.

‘Thanks for the pillow, Hyesung’ Eric smiled.

Hyesung just tsk at him, ‘Yeah, make sure that you eat your medicines and go back home’

Eric waved his hands lazily, ‘Maybe after Gangnam’

‘Why Gangnam?’ Hyesung raised his eyebrows.

‘Because I have lab discussion. They’re gonna wait at some cafes’

‘Do you really have to go? You can just tell them you’re sick’ Hyesung suggested.

‘Of course. I’m their group leader and I don’t want to cancel it just because of a minor fever’

‘Stubborn bastard…’ Hyesung cursed silently.

‘I’m going now. Bye, Hyesung!’ Eric grinned widely before leaving the college compound.

Hyesung could just sigh. He knew how stubborn Eric can be and how responsible he is especially when he is appointed as a leader. But he just wanted Eric to get some rest but the older guy just… UGH! Hyesung was too annoyed thinking about it. He went straight to his class and waited for the lecture to start.

In the lecture hall…

‘That’s it!’ Hyesung slammed his hands on the table and rushed out from the hall.

He took a train to Gangnam and tried to think where Eric could possible went. Since earlier, he had been thinking about Eric, fearing if the older guy might just faint in the middle of the street. Then, he remembered an area where there was a lot of cafes opened. After spending 15 minutes looking for him, Hyesung saw one of Eric’s friends not far from him and he assumed that she was there for the discussion. So, Hyesung secretly followed the girl and went inside the café quietly. He sat far away from Eric’s table but close enough for him to watch the guy.

‘Hello, how can I help you with?’ a waiter greeted Hyesung.

‘Caramel latte. Ice’ he said without looking at her as he was too busy observing Eric who looked so pale.

‘That idiot. He is nearly as pale as my species’ Hyesung whispered.

As he was observing Eric, he somehow saluted Eric for being strong and able to hide his sickness. He still managed to discuss the things with maturity as if nothing was wrong with him. They spent an hour in the café and finally decided to bid farewell. Eric made sure everyone left before him, and when he stood up, his body was unbalanced causing him to nearly fall. Hyesung was about to help him until Eric held the nearest table for support causing Hyesung to stay at his own place. He followed Eric outside and watched him walking like a drunk man. Not far from them was Eric’s motorbike and Hyesung gave Eric a ridiculous look.

‘Luckily you managed to stay alive while riding your motorbike on the way here’ Hyesung said in awe because he was damn sure that if he rode in that condition, he might ran into an accident.

But unfortunately, before Eric could walk to his motorbike, he fell down onto the ground. Hyesung quickly ran to him and helped him to stand up.

‘I told you to rest, didn’t I?!’ he scolded.

Eric blinked his eyes and gave a weak smile at Hyesung, ‘You followed me..?’

‘Obviously! Especially when you look like you’re about to die’ he hissed.

‘Where’re your keys?’

Eric took his keys from his pocket and handed it to Hyesung.

‘Let’s go!’ Hyesung supported him until he sat on the motorbike. After everything was settled, Hyesung rode to Eric’s house.

Eric’s house…

Knock… Knock… Knock…

‘Young master!’ Eric’s maid exclaimed when she saw Hyesung carrying Eric inside the house.

‘Can you please give me medicines and a glass of water?’ Hyesung asked as he made his way to Eric’s room.

‘Right away!’ she nodded and hurriedly left.

Hyesung gently laid Eric down on his bed and started to strip his clothes. Since he had already been there, he knew where Eric’s clothes were. Then, there was a knock on the door.

‘Hyesung-sshi, here are the medicines and water’

Hyesung smiled gratefully, ‘Thank you, just leave it there on the table. I can do the rest’

The maid nodded and did what she was told to.

‘Are you sure you don’t want my help?’

Hyesung nodded, ‘I’m sure. If I need anything, I’ll call you’

‘Alright then, if you say so’ she smiled and excused herself.

He took clean clothes and put it on the chair before dragging Eric into the bathroom.

‘Come on, Eric. Don’t be lazy’ Hyesung said.

‘I don’t want~’ he whined.

‘Come on…’ he used all his strength to carry the guy.

He told Eric to sit on the closed toilet bowl before he filled up water in a bowl. Carefully and gently, he wiped Eric’s body with a white cloth. After that, he made Eric get out from the bathroom and made him sit on the bed.

‘Sit properly!’ Hyesung said angrily when Eric wanted to lie down.

‘But I want to sleep~’

‘You can sleep, after I dress you up and you eat your medicines’

After he dressed Eric up, he forced the guy to eat the medicines when he knew the guy already ate at the café. He tugged Eric in the bed and wrapped the blanket over him.

‘Ironic huh. You did just the same when I was so drunk’ Hyesung smiled while staring at the peaceful Eric. He stayed in his room for 30 minutes before deciding he should leave and let the maids took care of him.

‘I’ll be leaving first’ Hyesung excused himself when he met the maids downstairs.

‘Thank you, Hyesung-sshi’ she smiled thankfully.

‘No problem. And make sure that he doesn’t leave the house until he is fully recovered’ Hyesung reminded them.

‘Will do… Young master is very lucky to have you’ she smiled.

‘It’s nothing’ he said shyly.

2 days later…

‘Woah!’ Hyesung yelped in surprised when he suddenly was pulled into a hug.

‘What the hell was that?’ Hyesung frowned after Eric released him.

‘As a token of my gratitude. Thanks for taking care of me’ Eric grinned widely.

‘I swear to God you should prioritise your health, Eric. Luckily I was there’

‘You mean luckily you were stalking me?’ Eric smirked.

‘I wouldn’t do that if I know you were going to be fine’ Hyesung rolled his eyes.

Eric chuckled lightly and gave Hyesung a plastic bag, ‘Your favourites’

Hyesung took it and looked inside before giving a huge smile, ‘Asa! I should be taking care of you everyday if I know I’m going to have these’ he said happily.

‘You can but I’m going to make your life miserable’ Eric teased.

‘Then, I take back my words’ Hyesung protruded his tongue.

‘Tsk… Anyway, I’ve got to go. Bye, Hyesung~’ he waved goodbye.

‘Bye!’ he smiled while waving his hands back.

Hyesung walked out from the faculty since he didn’t have any classes that day. He was enjoying his ice-cream when suddenly, Dongwan, Junjin and Andy ambushed him.

‘Hyung, what’s that?!’ Andy said excitedly while pointing towards the plastic bag.

‘My reward. And there’s no way I’m going to share with you’ he hid the bag behind him.

Junjin scoffed loudly, ‘Of course he won’t be sharing. Especially when he got it from his prince charming’

‘Yah!’ Hyesung hit his head.

‘He he, just kidding. But are you sure you don’t want to share, hyung?’ Junjin smiled mischievously.

‘Only with Dongwan’ Hyesung protruded his tongue and gave one of the ice-cream to the mentioned guy.

‘Hey~ That’s not fair!’ Junjin and Andy pouted.

‘It’s fair~’ Hyesung playfully said and the whole day, Junjin and Andy were bugging him to give some to them. Of course, in the end he didn’t give in.