"Finally!" - Eric's POV

Love From Beginning

(Second day)

‘Guys, we would like to introduce you to new comers that were supposed to come yesterday’ the organiser announced and as if on the cue, two girls shyly walked into the hall and every guy was eyeing them with hearts.

‘Hello, my name is Mina and this is Suzy’ one of the cute girls introduced herself and many guys cheered for them loudly.

‘Okay… Mina, you go with team black and Suzy with team green’ the organiser ordered.

Mina and Suzy looked at each in sadness but moved to respective group. Mina walked to her team and looked at each of her new members. Then, she grinned widely when she recognised someone.

‘Oppa!’ she chirped happily.

‘Hey, Mina. I was watching you from just now, but you didn’t see’ Eric pretended to pout.

Hyesung overheard Mina talked to someone but when he recognised the familiar voice, he turned around and saw it was Eric. He also noticed how close Mina sat beside Eric but he just shrugged it off and focused on the activity for the day. Unfortunately, Hyesung didn’t get to see the older guy for most of the time because they were in different groups and they did different games. But everytime he saw Eric, he always with the girl, Mina and Hyesung had a bad feeling about it. The way she brushed her hair prettily, how she would ask Eric to help her even for the smallest stuffs… But he tried not to think about it so hard and focused on the camp.

Finally during lunch, Hyesung finally got to see Eric but he was with Mina.

‘Hyesung!’ Eric grinned widely when he saw his boyfriend after he felt years not seeing him.

‘Oh hey…’ he smiled awkwardly. Mina on the other hand smiled brightly at him.

‘Mina, this is my friend, Hyesung…’ Eric said and suddenly, Hyesung froze at his spot. He didn’t know why but it hurt him when Eric introduced him as a ‘friend’ but usually he was okay with. Instead he liked it if Eric kept his relationship low-profile.

‘And Hyesung, this is my childhood friend, Mina’ Eric introduced them together.

‘Hello, I’m Mina’ she said in a friendly manner.

‘Hello, I’m Hyesung’ he waved his hands.

‘Oppa, can we eat now?’ Mina asked.

Eric looked at Hyesung, ‘Have you eaten?’

‘Not yet but I took my food already’ he said.

‘Oh okay, we’ll see you later then’ Eric nodded and left with Mina. Hyesung was unsure if he should sit together with them or not but it wasn’t like Eric was cheating on him. He was sure that he didn’t even like Mina. So why not right. But when he was just about to find a place, he accidentally saw Mina picking out food for Eric with Eric just smiled at her friendly gesture. Hyesung didn’t know why but it hit him that they looked good together, even better compared to when Eric was with Jimin. Sighing at the scene, Hyesung sat with his friends.

‘Where’s Eric?’ Minwoo asked when he saw Hyesung was alone.

‘He’s with his friend. The girl who came this morning’ he said dejectedly.

‘Are you jealous hyung?’ Andy asked when he saw the look on Hyesung’s face.

Hyesung scoffed and started eating, ‘Why would I? It’s not like he is cheating on me’

They all nodded in agreement as they knew that Hyesung was a little more mature in understanding these kind of situations. After the lunch, they didn’t have any activities as they have to prepare for a performance later that night. So they took the rest of the evening practicing.

(That night)

It was the last night at the camp and they decided to have a performance from each group. Hyesung’s group did acapella with Hyesung being the lead when s found out that he could sing. The next two performances after Hyesung was Eric’s group and as expected, they did a short drama starring Eric and Mina. Honestly, Hyesung was hoping that Eric wouldn’t be paired up with her but luck wasn’t on his side that night. It was about a guy (Eric) who was in a relationship with a girl and they’ve been together for years. But because a new girl (Mina) came, everything changed. Eric’s love for the girl faded as his love for Mina was stronger. When the girl confronted Eric about it, Hyesung could feel the emotion.

‘Why?! Why?! We’ve been together for years! We are happy together! Why her?!’ the girl cried and fell onto the ground to add dramatic effect.

‘Because…’ Eric sighed and continued, ‘What she has is something that you don’t have. I know that you’re busy but you didn’t make any effort to spend time with me. You didn’t even acknowledge me as a boyfriend! I’m sorry, Kwon-ah…’

‘SHUT UP! GET OUT FROM HERE!’ she yelled loudly. Eric sighed and exited the imaginary door with Mina waiting for him outside.

‘Oppa, what did she say?’ she asked with concern.

‘Nothing important… But I feel bad for her, we’ve been together for a long time’ Eric said sadly.

‘Maybe it’s because you’re not the one for her. Believe me when I say she’ll found a better guy for her’ she said encouragingly. She took Eric’s hands and held it tightly. That was a blow to Hyesung after the breaking up scene. He could relate to everything to what the drama was about. Suddenly, he became scared and anxious about his own relationship. What if it really happened to Eric? What if he left him to be with a girl? Even worse, with Mina… Hyesung regained his conscious when someone tapped his shoulder.

‘That was good right, hyung… I never seen Eric hyung’s acting before!’ Andy praised highly.

Hyesung smiled faintly and nodded his head, ‘You’re right. I’m proud of him’

‘Yah, it’s like real! Unbelievable!’ Junjin joined in the conversation.

‘Too real’ Hyesung mumbled softly.

Everyone was already fell asleep at 2 am because they were too tired from today’s activities. As everyone was sleeping, a person got up from his place and looked around in the dark room. He quietly made his way to a certain spot and seeing that no one was awake, he sneakily crawled inside the blanket before hugging another person who was sleeping. The person felt someone’s touch and slowly opened his eyes.

‘Hyesungie? What are you doing here?’ Eric mumbled sleepily.

‘Nothing… I just want to sleep with you tonight’ Hyesung said with his eyes closed.

‘What if someone sees us?’

‘What would you care about that?’ Hyesung frowned.

‘I don’t, I’m just being cautious for you’ he whispered.

‘Too bad I don’t care’

Eric was taken aback by his words but assumed that Hyesung must be sleepy to care about his own words. He hugged Hyesung tighter and made sure that he was comfortable in that small space.

‘Goodnight’ Eric whispered and planted a kiss on Hyesung’s head.

‘Goodnight, Eric-ah’

(Next day)

Hyesung woke up earlier because he had planned that he would go back to his space before anyone woke up but seeing Eric who was so peaceful in his sleep made him not to. He continued hugging the guy before continued sleeping. An hour later, Eric woke up and saw Hyesung who was still hugging him. He looked around to see if anyone woke up and since there wasn’t, he softly kiss Hyesung to wake him up.

‘Hey, it’s morning... Let’s go shower now before anyone else wakes up’ Eric said when he gently shook Hyesung’s body.

‘Hmm’ Hyesung responded and when he didn’t make any attempt to wake up, Eric had to pull him to the bathroom. As a caring boyfriend, he took Hyesung toiletries from his bag before they went to take a shower.

‘Hey, wake up’ Eric said while they were brushing their teeth.

‘I am awake’ he defended himself but he just stood still with his head leaning on Eric’s shoulder.

‘Then, brush your teeth’ he chuckled.

‘Can’t you do it for me?’ he mumbled. Then, someone came inside the bathroom and saw Eric and Hyesung. Eric quickly step aside to make distance from Hyesung and it made the younger guy frown.

‘Good morning, Joon!’ Eric waved his hands.

‘Morning. You guys are awake so early’ he smiled.

‘Well, it’s the last day remember’

Joon nodded, ‘Yeah… It’s sad tho, I don’t want to leave yet’

‘Yeah, me too’ Eric sighed. With that short conversation, Joon left to take a shower.

Eric turned his attention to Hyesung who was quiet the whole time, ‘Let’s take a shower now before everyone comes’

‘Okay’ he simply nodded and made his way for a bath.

(In the train)

‘Eric-ah, why don’t you sit with me and Dongwan can sit with Minwoo’ Hyesung suggested when they were about to board the train.

Eric blinked his eyes in confusion, ‘Really? You don’t mind?’

Hyesung chuckled, ‘Why would I mind? You’re my boyfriend’ he said and went to talk to Dongwan about the sitting arrangement. Eric scratched his head as he figured there must be something wrong with Hyesung that day.

As they were in the train, Hyesung suddenly spoke, ‘Eric…’

‘Do you still like me?’

Eric looked at him in horror, ‘Why did you ask like that? I like you… No, I LOVE you. Each and everyday’

‘Really? Thank God then’ he sighed in relieved silently.

‘Why did you ask, Hyesung?’

‘I don’t know… I just happened to imagine if you would leave me someday for another person’ he sighed again.

Then, it hit Eric. It must be about the drama last night!

‘If this is about the drama last night, it was bull. I won’t do that to you, it’s me who should be afraid. I’m not perfect for you, Hyesung’ he smiled faintly.

‘No, you are perfect enough for me’ Hyesung smiled and wrapped his arm around Eric’s. Ever since last night, Hyesung had been thinking and he thought it was time that the world knew about their relationship. Hyesung was confident that no matter if Eric’s fans hated him, he wouldn’t care because his love for the older guy was definite.

(At college)

‘Hyesung-ah!’ Eric called when he saw Hyesung who was waiting for him at the college entrance.

‘Hello, Eric!’ he smiled widely.

‘I’m sorry for being late, I overslept’ he said apologetically.

Hyesung just shook his head, ‘It’s fine… Now, let’s go to class!’ he said happily as he held Eric’s hands.

‘Hyesung?’ Eric called as he was confused by Hyesung’s sudden action.

‘Hmm?’ Hyesung looked at him.

‘Are you okay with this?’ Eric pointed towards their intertwined fingers.

‘Yeah… I want to proudly introduce you as my boyfriend to everyone. Including your fans!’ he said determinedly.

Eric’s face lit up, ‘Really?’

‘I don’t have to worry anymore. I have you remember’ he smiled.

Eric nodded his head and held Hyesung’s hand tighter, ‘Yeah, you will always have me’

As soon as they walked through the college compound, they heard whispers and shrieks from the girls. Some even fainted when they saw that Eric’s ‘girlfriend’ was a guy. No… A beautiful guy! More beautiful than them. Maybe because Hyesung was deeply in love that his face looked more radiant. One of the benefits of being a half-vampire maybe. Hyesung was sure that his college life from now was going to be exciting and he can’t wait to know what Eric’s fans would have to say about his relationship.

‘Hyesungie, I’m so happy~’ Eric suddenly chirped happily.

‘I’m so dumb to keep our relationship as secret before’ he commented.

‘Nah, I think it’s fine. At least we know about each other’s feelings for sure’

‘There’s no turning back right’ he looked at Eric.

‘Nope’ he grinned widely.

When Eric walked Hyesung to his class, he waved his hands cutely.

‘I’ll see you during lunch, Hyesung… Love you’

‘Yeah, love you too’ Hyesung smiled before walking inside.