"Let's have fun at this camp okay" - Hyesung's POV

Love From Beginning

‘!’ someone cursed loudly inside the music room.

‘Yah, Hyesung! We forgot to submit the form to the student council…’ Dongwan said as he flung the papers on his hands. It was a submission to have a mini concert to raise money for the recent flood victims.

‘Right! I’ll send it now’ Hyesung said and took the papers from Dongwan before heading towards the student council room. He suddenly halted his steps when he remembered who he was going to meet again later. The thought of it made Hyesung nervous. He never spoke to Kangta even once since the confession, only some casual smile. Plus, Hyesung knew that Kangta might need some time alone especially when he got rejected. Hyesung wondered if the guy knew about his relationship with Eric.

‘Oh?’ Hyesung muttered when he saw Eric who was walking out from the student council room. Eric who was with Minwoo looked up and smiled at his boyfriend.

‘What are you doing here? Are you signing up for the camp?’ Eric asked.

Hyesung looked at him in confusion, ‘Huh? What camp? I’m just here to give these forms’ he showed the papers.

Eric grabbed Hyesung’s wrist and pulled him closer, ‘Yah, you should come! It’ll be fun! With Dongwan, Junjin and Andy too!’ he suggested excitedly.

‘Eh??’ Hyesung was taken aback.

‘You should consider it, Hyesung’ Eric grinned and walked away with Minwoo.

Hyesung just stared at Eric’s back blankly before going inside the room. Only Ji Hoon was there and it somehow made him felt relieved.

‘Oh Hyesung~’ Ji Hoon greeted him with a smile.

‘Hey, Ji Hoon… Hey, I wanna give these forms to you’ Hyesung said as he handed the papers to him.

‘Thank you’ Ji Hoon nodded and checked the forms. Hyesung then noticed the signing up sheet on the paper and took a peak at it. It seemed like Eric and Minwoo joined like they said earlier.

Hyesung : Should I..?

Hyesung just shrugged his shoulder and took the pen to write his name and his friends’ too. No harm of joining right, since it was free. When he was about to walk out, he bumped into Kangta who just came in. Kangta’s eyes widen when he saw the guy who rejected him inside the room.

‘Hey, Kangta~’ Hyesung smiled and tried to pretend nothing had ever happened between them.

‘H-Hyesung…’ he gulped.

‘What are you doing here?’ Kangta asked.

Hyesung awkwardly scratched his head and said, ‘Just wanted to give the forms and I heard that there’s a camp coming alone. So, I signed up for me and my friends. Are you going?’

‘Yeah…’ he nodded.

‘Oh really? I didn’t see your name in the paper’ he chuckled.

‘But I wrote it’ Kangta mumbled softly.

‘Oh really? Hahaha…’ Hyesung gave an awkward laugh before continuing, ‘I have a class later. So, I’ll see you around okay’ he smiled as he excused himself.

Kangta just smiled weakly and looked as Hyesung made his way out. He looked at the paper on the table and took it. Scoffing lightly when he saw Eric’s and Hyesung’s name on the sheet.

‘That’s why you didn’t see my name…’ he spoke softly but Ji Hoon heard him well but didn’t say anything.

(That night)

Kring… Kring… Kring…

‘Hello~’ Eric chirped when he picked up his phone.

‘Hi… What are you doing? Have you eaten your dinner?’ Hyesung asked as he knew the older guy always skipped dinner.

‘Yes, I have eaten my dinner…mum’ Eric said in sarcasm.

Ignoring the sarcasm, Hyesung continued, ‘Just so you know, I signed up for the camp’

‘Really? I have a feeling it’s going to be fun!’ Eric said excitedly. He then realised that they never been to a camp together and that made it more excitement.

‘I’m looking forward to it… Hey, wanna go to the train station together? You can stay at my house the day before’

Eric was grinning widely but when he continued talking to Hyesung, he managed a cool tone, ‘Sure, I’ll see you on Thursday then. 5 sounds good?’

‘Okay! And you can help me buy some stuffs that night’ Hyesung already arranged their plan on that day.

‘Araso~’ Eric chirped. They continued talking for awhile before hanging up. Since they always see each other everyday at college, they didn’t feel the need to call each other everyday as if they were some hormonal teenagers. But they would have weekly dates if one wasn’t busy.

(Thursday)

Ting… Tong…

‘Coming~’ someone inside the house chirped as he ran towards the door to greet the newly arrived guest.

‘Come in, Eric’ Hyesung opened the door wider to let the older guy inside.

Eric promised Hyesung to be at 5 but he needed to do something and that something took longer than expected. He made his way in and sat at the living hall.

‘Sorry for being late. I had to help my mum’ he apologised when Hyesung entered the living hall.

‘Nah, it’s fine. Have you eaten?’ Hyesung asked.

Eric was about to say no when suddenly, his stomach growled in hunger.

‘I made extra dinner just in case you haven’t eaten. But it seems you didn’t eat yet’ Hyesung chuckled and gestured Eric to follow him to the dining table. Eric shyly walked and sat at the table while looking at Hyesung who was taking some food.

‘Here…’ Hyesung served him a bowl of rice and the side dishes were already on the table.

‘What did I do to deserve an amazing boyfriend?’ Eric sighed happily before he started eating.

‘Yah, you can make it by yourself!’ Hyesung exclaimed as he looked at the hungry guy.

‘Not good as yours!’ Eric mumbled while eating causing Hyesung to smile. Even though he rarely cooks because he was too lazy to do so, but he was happy when Eric really appreciated his cooking skills.

‘When are we going to the grocery store?’ Eric asked after the dinner. He went and washed his plates at the sink while talking to Hyesung.

‘After this… Are those only bags that you’re going to bring?’ Hyesung asked as he pointed towards two bags at the living hall.

‘Yup! Is it a lot? I knew I should bring lesser stuffs’ Eric said worriedly.

Hyesung shook his head, ‘No~ It’s just okay for a camp’ he replied.

‘Alright then… Let me put my bags inside your room and then, we can head out’ Eric announced and went to Hyesung’s room with his bags in his hands.

(At a grocery store)

‘What do you want to buy?’ Eric asked while pushing the trolley.

‘Snacks maybe… There should be water there right’ Hyesung mumbled as he put some stuffs inside the trolley.

‘Do you have enough protection cream? I don’t want you to hurt during the camp’ he said with a slight worried tone.

‘I’m going to be fine. Plus, I have my gloves’

‘Yeah, make sure you guard your gloves properly. I don’t want the same thing happen last time. You are always careless’ he scolded the young guy lightly.

Hyesung just pouted as he remembered about the incident happened. Although he is a half-vampire but he couldn’t stay under the sun nor feel the sunlight at all. Therefore, his father always bought him a special protection cream that he got from the black market and he always wore gloves during daylight. But one day, he accidentally lost one of the gloves and he had to hide his left hand inside the pocket throughout the college. When Eric asked what was wrong with his hand, Hyesung sheepishly told him. Of course, Eric had scolded him for being careless but at the same time, he took an extra pair of gloves from his locker to give them to Hyesung. Hyesung was so touched that Eric kept a pair just for him and that gloves, he kept them until now.

‘It’s fine… I know you’re going to be there for me’ he playfully said and went to another section of the grocery store.

‘I think I need to buy some stuffs too. We spilt the bill okay’ Eric said as he grabbed his own stuffs and put them inside the trolley.

‘Are you sure? I can pay you know’ Hyesung replied when he saw that Eric was going to buy not much stuffs.

‘Yup, I’m sure’ he said firmly.

Before paying, Hyesung took 2 ice-creams for him and Eric as he suddenly craved for it. The grocery store was near to his house, so they just walked rather than using Eric’s motorbike or his. As they were about to sleep, Eric had reminded him to wake him up as he won’t be able to hear his alarm clock because he was immune to it. One thing that Hyesung disliked when Eric slept over at his house was he couldn’t sleep when he knew his boyfriend was sleeping peacefully next to him. It wasn’t like they were doing anything. Okay. Sometimes they did it but not every sleepover. And yet, Hyesung still felt nervous and his heart was thumping loudly. Even after months later.

Hyesung cautiously turned his body towards Eric who had his eyes closed. Seeing Eric slept made him feel peaceful somehow and slowly it made him feel sleepy. But he didn’t want to sleep yet after seeing Eric’s face because he knew he won’t get another chance like this.

‘Hey… Sleep now or else you won’t wake up tomorrow’ Eric said in his deep sleeping voice.

Hyesung was stunned and he immediately shut his eyes tight although he knew he was caught. He heard Eric chuckled lightly and gently brought Hyesung’s body closer to him.

‘You know…’ Eric started.

‘I really want to do you but we have to wake up early tomorrow’ he said seductively.

Hyesung’s face was so red and luckily the room was dark, so Eric couldn’t see his face.

‘Y-YAH!’ Hyesung pushed Eric away and instantly, turned around, pretending to be asleep.

‘Hyesungie~’ Eric whined.

‘Shut the hell up!’ Hyesung said angrily.

Eric supressed his laughter and waited for awhile before slowly wrapping his arms around Hyesung although the younger guy didn’t turn around.

(Next day)

‘Hyesung, hurry up! Or else we’ll be late!’ Eric shouted as he waited for Hyesung outside the house.

‘COMING~’ Hyesung yelled back as he checked his hair for the last time.

When Hyesung rushed down, they bid goodbye to Hyesung’s father and started walking to the train station in a fast pace.

‘Geez, did you stare at my handsome face the whole night’ Eric snickered when they were in the train as the venue was the next stop.

‘Don’t be silly’ Hyesung rolled his eyes.

Eric smirked and leaned against the seat with a relax posture, ‘This is going to be fun…’ he sighed happily.

‘What are we going to do there? Do you know?’ Hyesung looked at him.

‘No idea but there are going to be a lot of activities’ he said excitedly.

When they arrived at the venue, they sat down with Dongwan, Minwoo, Junjin and Andy.

‘Yah, why are you late?!’ Dongwan said angrily.

‘This guy right here woke up late’ Eric joked when he wiggled his eyebrows to Hyesung.

‘I didn’t! I just took a long bath’ he admitted which made everyone figured. As they were talking, the people volunteering to help with the camp stepped in to greet everyone.

‘Hello everyone~’ a girl gave a huge smile.

‘HELLO!’ all of the participants replied with enthusiasm.

So, let’s not waste time and we’ll get to the train now’ they announced. Everyone took their bags and followed them to the said trains.

‘I’ll see you later okay’ Eric whispered when he grabbed Hyesung’s wrist.

‘Okay’ Hyesung smiled and watched as Eric and Minwoo got into the train first. Eric knew that Hyesung still wasn’t ready to reveal their relationship, so he made a safe distance between them starting from the first day of camp. In the train, Eric and Minwoo sat on the left side, two rows behind Hyesung, Dongwan, Junjin and Andy who sat on the right side.

‘Let’s divide our teams now’ the girl said when everyone had already settled down.

‘Please take one~’ she gave a bottle so that the participants can take one of rolled papers inside. When it came to Eric, she smiled shyly at him and started to sway her body in a cutely manner. Hyesung who was watching just rolled his eyes, it wasn’t because he was jealous but because he kinda knew she won’t get a chance.

‘Thank you’ Eric nodded politely and Minwoo took a rolled paper and continued listening to musics ignoring the girl completely.

‘What did you get?’ Eric asked Minwoo.

‘Don’t know. Nah’ he gave his paper to Eric.

‘Wah, you got red’ Eric emphasised Minwoo’s favourite colour.

‘Really? Asaaa~’ Minwoo cheered and he looked at Eric, ‘You?’

‘Black’

‘Like your soul’ Minwoo joked causing Eric to give a nudge.

Minwoo continued listening to musics while Eric took out his phone to text Hyesung.

*What colour did you get?*

Hyesung suddenly received a text and when he looked at the sender, he turned behind and saw Eric who was grinning at him. With that, Hyesung quickly replied.

*Blue! What about you?*

*Black :)*

Hyesung turned around again and gave a fake smile. After spending two hours in the train, they had to take a bus and finally, they have arrived. The organisers gave them an hour to unpack before gathering at the hall. While walking towards the rooms, Hyesung heard Junjin and Andy talking.

‘Andy-ah, we’re going to sleep besides each other right..?’ he said in a worried tone.

‘Of course hyung! We are always together’ Andy grinned widely.

Both Hyesung and Dongwan scoffed loudly, ‘Yah, can’t you two separate for once?!’ Dongwan joked.

Andy and Junjin gave a horror look at them and hugged each other tightly, ‘NO WAY!’

‘Okay, we get it… It was just a joke’ Hyesung rolled his eyes at their overdramatic.

‘Oh!’ Hyesung said when he saw Ji Hoon and Kangta who were unpacking their stuff.

‘Ji Hoon! Kangta!’ he greeted them. They looked up and smiled at Hyesung and his friends. Kangta had prepared himself to face Hyesung because he knew he needed to move on sooner or later. So, he hoped that through this camp, he can fix his friendship with Hyesung because he wanted everything went normal again.

‘Can we crash the place next to you two?’ Hyesung pointed at the empty space.

‘Sure’ Ji Hoon gestured and with that, Hyesung and his friends placed their stuffs there. Dongwan is beside Kangta, Hyesung is beside Dongwan and Jindy couple is beside Hyesung.

‘So, which group are you in?’ Dongwan asked the two best friends.

‘I’m in green and he’s in blue’ Ji Hoon replied.

‘Cool! I’m in blue too’ Hyesung exclaimed.

‘Really? We are definitely going to make a great team!’ Kangta grinned and he fist-bumped with Hyesung.

As they were talking about how exciting the camp was going to be, they heard talking coming from outside.

‘Yah~ This place is so cool!’

‘Duh! We’re in the middle of the jungle!’

‘Why? Are you scared?’ someone said in a leered tone.

‘Are you asking yourself? I still remember that you didn’t come to school for a week because we went to this exact type of camp’

‘That was years ago, stupid!’

When they entered, they made eye contact with the people inside and when they looked at a specific group, they smiled.

‘Hey~’ the shorter one waved hi.

‘Hi, Minwoo hyung! Eric hyung!’ Junjin chirped happily.

‘Have you unpack your stuffs?’ Minwoo asked.

‘Yeah, almost done!’ Andy’s turn to answer.

Eric noticed that Hyesung and Kangta were standing close to each other but he didn’t say anything, instead he went to put his stuffs at an empty spot far from the rest. Hyesung felt Eric’s silent gaze and when he knew the meaning of the gaze, he just kept quiet and secretly stood beside Dongwan. Minwoo and Eric unpacked their stuffs fast because they arrived at the dorm late and they were supposed to meet up with the rest in 10 minutes. When the rest exited the dorm, Hyesung slowly moved towards Eric and poked his shoulder.

‘Want me to wait for you?’ Hyesung asked as he wanted to see if Eric was upset as what happened earlier.

‘Okay! Just give me a sec~’ Eric smiled widely and fasten his pace. Since Minwoo had already left with the rest, Hyesung sat at his place.

‘It that we’re not in the same group’ Hyesung sighed.

Eric looked at him and smiled. He sat beside Hyesung and gave a soft kiss on the head, ‘It but I can always see you around. And we can make new friends too!’ Eric said.

‘It’s not like we’re going to be in a different location…’ Hyesung replied and when he glanced at his watch, he immediately stood up and dragged Eric out as they had only 5 minutes left.

(At the hall)

‘Now, guys! Please get in your group’ they said and all the participants went and looked for their group members.

Minutes later, they formed a line between each group before the organiser briefed them about the activities they will be doing. As a start, they prepared activities in the hall for the new members to be comfortable with each other.

‘Yah, we’re definitely going to be the best team!’ Hyesung remarked to Kangta.

Kangta smirked and nodded, ‘Obviously, we have the best team members!’ he praised when they all already were comfortable with each other.

Hyesung’s group was leading but for some games, Eric’s and Dongwan’s group won.

‘Try again later, Hyesungie~’ Eric teased when he passed by Hyesung.

Hyesung just rolled his eyes and replied, ‘We’re going to be the winner still’

‘We’ll see’ he shrugged his shoulder cooly before leaving.

The last game for the ice-breaking session was Paperro game which was a famous game among young people. Hyesung was praying that he wouldn’t get paired up with Kangta as he knew what would Eric’s reaction would be but unfortunately, God didn’t answer his prayer. The other members found themselves a partner quickly leaving Kangta and Hyesung unpaired.

‘So, I guess we’ll be together’ Hyesung tried to hide the awkwardness.

‘Yeah, plus it’s only a game’ Kangta tried to make him feel better.

‘Yup, you’re right!’ Hyesung smiled.

But to Eric, it wasn’t a game especially when their mouths were about to touch. Before he could be really furious, he immediately went out to cool off. Before the game started, Hyesung looked at him with a smile as if he was saying not to worry but he just couldn’t control himself. Their friends noticed it but didn’t say anything because they didn’t have the right to interfere.

‘Sorry…’ Kangta said after the game. He knew by judging from the look, Hyesung wasn’t comfortable.

‘A-Ah, it’s fine. It’s nothing!’ Hyesung said as he didn’t want Kangta to misunderstand. But when he looked in front, he noticed Eric was gone.

Hyesung : Guess I have to go and talk to him…

After 30 minutes, Eric went back in. At first Hyesung didn’t notice his presence but when Dongwan nudged his arms, Dongwan gestured towards Eric. Hyesung thanked him and quietly made his way to the back of the hall while in a sitting position.

‘Hey…’ Hyesung whispered when he nudged Eric’s side.

‘Hmm’ he replied and immediately Hyesung knew he was sulking.

‘It was just a game’ Hyesung explained.

‘I know’

‘I’m sorry’

‘Don’t be…’ Eric looked at him and when he saw Hyesung’s sad look, he continued, ‘That’s why I went out. I don’t want to be angry at you if I stayed longer’

Hyesung smiled and quietly held Eric’s hand, ‘At least I didn’t do this with him’ Hyesung whispered.

‘I would kill you if you did’ he glared.

‘I know’ he smiled and enjoyed the rest of the game.