"You shouldn't be worrying about that, Hyesung-ah..." - Eric's POV

Love From Beginning

‘Hyesung, are you going to the festival this weekend with Eric?’ Dongwan asked during the lunch break.

‘I haven’t ask him yet’ he shyly confessed.

‘But why?! I’m sure he is waiting for you, hyung!’ Junjin protested.

‘Because I don’t know… It’s going to be my first official date and I’m nervous’ he started blushing as he said those.

The other guys laughed out loud for a good 10 minutes before ‘calming’ down.

‘You? Nervous? Hahaha, you gotta be kidding me!’ Andy exclaimed.

Hyesung grumbled in annoyance and slammed his hands on the table causing the guys to seriously stop laughing.

‘Yah! This is really important to me… I want him to like me more’ he muttered softly at the end of the sentence.

‘Aigoo… Hyesung-ah, just ask him. I’m sure he is waiting for you to ask him’ Dongwan said in encouragingly.

Hyesung sighed and nodded his head in agreement, ‘I guess I’ll ask him when I see him later’

(Some time later)

‘Hyesung-ah~’ Eric chirped loudly when he saw his boyfriend who was walking absentmindedly at the corridor.

‘Oh, Eric…’ he turned around and smiled at the taller guy.

‘Are you heading back home now?’ Eric asked.

‘Hmm. You?’ Hyesung asked back as he tried to rearrange his words to ask Eric about the festival.

‘I have a short discussion later and then I go back’ he replied.

‘Do you want me to wait for you?’ Hyesung could use the time after the discussion to ask Eric about it.

‘Nah, it’s fine…’ he smiled sheepishly.

‘No, I’m serious. I’ll wait for you at the library’ Hyesung said eagerly.

Eric grinned and ruffled Hyesung’s hair softly, ‘If you say so… I’ll go to the library after the discussion okay’

‘Okay, see you Eric’ he smiled and waved goodbye.

(At the library)

Hyesung was thinking hard on how to ask Eric to the festival that he even took a piece of paper and wrote the possible dialogues on it.

*Hey… Wanna go to the festival together?*

‘It’s too casual… Like friends’ Hyesung commented and crossed out the sentence.

*Eric-ah… Wanna go on a date with me?*

‘What the heck, Hyesung?! You sound like a girl!’ he said in frustrations.

*Eric-ah, I’ve been wanting to ask if you want to go to the festival together with me..?*

Before Hyesung could said anything, someone interrupted him.

‘I would love to…’

Hyesung blinked his eyes in confusion and looked up. He blush in embarrassment when he saw Eric grinning at him as the older guy took a seat across him. He immediately crumpled the paper to get ‘rid’ of the evidence.

‘Is this what you are thinking about?’ Eric asked making Hyesung to nod shyly.

‘Actually, I was planning to ask you later but you’re faster’ he casually explained.

‘Really?’ he asked innocently.

Eric chuckled lightly and nodded, ‘Of course! It would be our first date right’

‘Hmm…’ he nodded with a blush on his face.

‘Wanna grab something to eat before heading home?’ Eric changed the subject.

‘Sure, I haven’t eaten yet’ Hyesung agreed.

They walked to the nearest town with Eric’s motorbike and decided to eat fast food since it had been awhile for Hyesung. After that, Eric insisted to send Hyesung home instead of the train station as he said it was his duty as a boyfriend. They bid goodbye in front of Hyesung’s house and he told the older guy that he would be seeing him at the festival itself.

(The festival)

‘Eric-ah!’ Hyesung called when he saw his boyfriend who was looking for him. There were a lot of people at the festival as it was held annually and you wouldn’t want to miss out the fun.

‘Hyesungie~ Did you wait long?’

‘Nah, I just arrived…’ Hyesung shook his head.

‘So, where do you want to go first?’ Eric asked.

‘Can we play games first?’ he asked cutely.

‘Sure’

The chance of them not bumping into any of the their college mates was quite high because it was crowded and people were minding their own business, therefore Hyesung and Eric can both enjoy the time together.

‘You’re sure you can do it, Hyesung?’ Eric was hesitant when Hyesung wanted to play aiming games.

‘Yah, I’m good at this!’ Hyesung said boastfully.

‘If you say so…’ he said in doubt. Unexpectedly, Hyesung was good at it but Eric noticed that the game seemed off but he just shrugged it off. As a result, Hyesung couldn’t get full score and to make it worse, he scored zero.

‘Let’s try other games!’ Hyesung chirped and dragged Eric to another booth. The same thing happened and he dragged him to another one and got the same results.

‘I at games…’ Hyesung said bitterly.

Eric smiled and wrapped his arms around Hyesung’s neck, ‘Hey, let’s go have something to eat… Maybe you’ll have better luck next time’ he cheered him up.

‘Okay…’ Hyesung nodded while still pouting.

‘What do you want, Hyesung?’

‘Anything you want’ he said dejectedly.

‘I want takoyaki!’ he announced.

‘Okay, I’ll have the same’ Hyesung said and ordered octopus while Eric ordered prawn.

‘I didn’t see Minwoo yet. He said he is coming’ Eric said as they were wandering around the carnival.

‘Dongwan, Junjin and Andy also said the same thing. But maybe because there are a lot of people here’

‘Do you want to call them?’

Hyesung shrugged his shoulder, ‘They’re too old to keep an eye on. Let’s just focus on our date’ he said casually.

Eric tried to supress his grin and kept up with Hyesung’s fast pace, ‘Wanna try the games again?’ he asked.

Hyesung’s expression changed in sadness, ‘Nah, I’m not in the mood for it. I might lose again’

‘Aww, come on… I don’t think so!’ he said encouragingly and dragged Hyesung to the same booth. They had to wait as there was some people who was playing and they was losing too. Eric kept observing the game until he noticed what was wrong. He smirked when he realised the guy was tricking the customers!

‘I guess they are just like me!’ Hyesung suddenly felt better than before.

‘Yup! But I’m sure you’ll win this time’

‘Are you sure..?’ Hyesung asked expectantly.

‘Very’ he nodded.

‘Excuse me…’ Eric called the guy and whispered something to the guy as he handed the money to play to him. The guy look flustered and nodded secretly to Eric.

Hyesung was a bit hesitant and he looked at Eric who was striking a hwaiting pose. He took a deep breath and played. Fortunately, he won!

‘I won! Eric, did you see that?!’ Hyesung said excitedly.

Eric loved to see the expression on Hyesung’s face and if they were just alone, he would already have kissed him.

‘Yes, I did… I told you you can do it’ he smirked proudly.

‘Let’s try another booth!’ he said and dragged Eric along. Eric did the same thing which was whispering to the guy and made them flustered.

‘I WON ALL THE GAMES! I’M SO HAPPY!’ Hyesung said loudly as he carried the toys that he won.

‘I’m happy for you, Hyesungie… You even got yourself some toys! Now, you can decorate your room with those’ he exclaimed as he knew that Hyesung loved soft toys.

‘Oh… This is not for me, but for you Eric-ah’ he smiled widely.

‘F-For me?’ Eric blinked his eyes in confusion.

‘Yup! I-I want you to remember our first date today… I’ll keep one and you’ll keep one’ he shyly said.

‘But you don’t have to if you don’t want because I’m sure you don’t do toys’ Hyesung hurriedly said.

‘No! It’s fine… I’m gonna keep it forever. This is a precious moment you know’ Eric replied and took one of the toys.

‘Okay…’ he nodded in reply.

After the festival, Eric suddenly said that he was craving some cakes that were selling in a nearby cake but Hyesung wanted to go to another shop. So, Eric had to drag him inside with him whining about he didn’t want to eat cake with him.

‘Yah, let me go! Just eat by yourself!’ Hyesung protested when Eric dragged him inside.

‘You have to accompany me!’ he smiled.

Hyesung suddenly halted his steps and it made Eric turned to look at him. He saw Hyesung was looking at a specific direction and when he followed his gaze, he saw his fans who were eating at the corner of the shop. Hyesung quickly released himself from Eric and coolly made his way to the cashier. Even though it sadden Eric but he tried to look at the situation from Hyesung’s point of view. Maybe the younger guy was still uncomfortable to let his fans know about their relationship.

‘Hyesung-ah… Maybe the shop that you want to go sounds better’ Eric said softly.

‘Eh? But I thought you want to eat here’ he looked at the taller guy.

‘I changed my mind!’ Eric smiled stupidly at him.

‘Oh okay’ Hyesung just nodded and walked out from the store after he looked at the girls. That was when he knew why Eric wanted to go to another store.

‘I’m sorry…’ Hyesung said when they walked towards the store.

‘Hmm? For what?’

‘Just now… When we saw the girls. It’s not that…’

Eric patted his back and interrupted, ‘It’s fine, it’s not because of them anyway. I just don’t feel like it’ he assured the younger guy but Hyesung knew better but he just kept quiet about it.

After they stopped by at the store to take away some food, Eric sent Hyesung home as it was getting late.

‘Thanks for today, Eric… I really love it’ Hyesung said thankfully.

‘I had fun, thanks to you. And thank you for the toy’ he chuckled lightly.

‘I’ll see you next week then. Bye, Eric…’ Hyesung said softly and quickly planted a kiss on Eric’s cheeks when no one was around.

‘Can you kiss me again?’ he pleaded.

‘Yah!’ Hyesung slapped his arms gently.

‘Geez, I was just asking… No need to use violence’ he pouted as he massaged his arms jokingly.

‘Tsk…’ Hyesung rolled his eyes and planted another kiss before dashing inside his house, leaving Eric all alone.

‘BYE BYE, HYESUNG! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!’ Eric said happily before riding off with his motorbike.

(A few months later)

It had been months ever since Hyesung and Eric got together and they couldn’t be happier! But lately, Hyesung was in deep thoughts about his relationship. No, don’t think it in a wrong way. He loves Eric! He was falling for him each and every day without failure. But the thing that was bothering him was Eric’s fans. He got over it in the first few months but it just came again. Maybe because he overheard them saying something.

‘Yah, have you find out about Eric oppa’s mystery girl?’ one of the girls whispered.

‘Are you even sure that Eric oppa even has a girlfriend?’ the other girl raised her eyebrows.

‘I think he really has. Then, why does he always smile whenever he looks at his phone?’ she protested in bitter.

‘Well…’ suddenly, the tallest girl said and then continued, ‘He always hangout with Hyesung right…’

They gave a confusing look before nodding and Hyesung’s heart stopped when he heard his name was mentioned.

‘We can ask him!’ she suggested eagerly and the other girls clapped their hands in agreement.

‘Okay! Let’s find him now!’

Hearing upon that, Hyesung quickly ran away and tried to hide himself around the campus. He didn’t even meet Eric that day for lunch.

*Eric-ah, I’m not eating lunch… I’ll see you next week okay. Sorry*

(During dinner)

Hyesung’s dad noticed Hyesung’s sudden change of behaviour that day. He knew about his son’s relationship with Eric as he really had an instant liking towards the boy and he admitted that Hyesung seemed a lot happier than before.

‘Hyesung-ah, what’s wrong with you?’ Mr Shin asked. It was a rare occasion where Hyesung and his dad ate together as they were too busy with their job and studies.

Hyesung gave a faint smile to his dad as he shook his head, ‘Nothing’s wrong, dad’ he said. He didn’t want to make his father worried, plus the things that were going on his mind weren’t that serious and important. It was just his own personal issue.

‘Did you have a fight with Eric?’

Hyesung’s eyes widen when he looked at his dad, ‘No! Of course not!’ he defended.

‘It’s just that…’ he later then sighed, ‘Dad, how would you feel if mum wants to keep you guys relationship as a secret?’

Mr Shin kept quiet for awhile, ‘We did that once when we were dating. Well, considering she was a human. At first, I was quite sad because I couldn’t tell the world that I had the most beautiful girl alive. But when I try to look it from her point of view, I slowly understood and accepted it. It wasn’t like she treated me differently’ he explained and smiled when he thought about his late wife.

Seeing that Hyesung was staying silence, Mr Shin knew it was about that, ‘Why? Did Eric disagree?’

‘No, not like that… He was sulky at first but now, he understands. Dad, you know he is an actor for small web-dramas..?’

‘Yeah, you told me about it’ he nodded.

Hyesung started to tell his dad everything about it and how he felt. His dad just smiled and even though it is a problem to Hyesung, but his dad was glad to see his son like that. Now, he knew that his son that he always carried on his back had finally grew up into becoming a mature man.

‘Well, what’s important is that Eric loves you… You might not know what will happen, so cherish the time you have with him’ he smiled fondly at his son.

Hyesung felt so much better as he felt a lot of bricks were taken away from his shoulder. Now, he could eat his dinner with his father happily and with an ease heart. Unfortunately, he couldn’t sleep that night and he didn’t know why. He had been laying on his bed for an hour but his eyes won’t close! Suddenly, he heard his phone vibrated.

*Hey, are you still awake? :)*

Hyesung unconsciously smiled at the text he received but at the same time, he was confused as to why Eric was still awake when he knew his boyfriend slept early.

*Yeah, I can’t sleep :( What about you?*

Not a minute later, Eric replied.

*Me too. Wanna go for a drive?*

*Now?*

*Yup! I’m actually in front of your house hehe ^^*

Hyesung’s eyes widen and he immediately went to the window to look outside. There was Eric waving cheekily at him. He immediately grabbed his jacket and house keys before dashing out the house.

‘Yah, why didn’t you call me?!’ Hyesung scolded as the weather that night was cold.

‘I don’t know. I wanna give you a surprise I guess’

‘Where do you want to go?’

‘Where the wind takes us..?’

‘Sure! Can I take my basketball?’

‘Okay’ Eric nodded.

With that, Hyesung ran back inside to take his ball. Then, they rode off to a park near Han River. Until just now, Hyesung had been thinking about the issues he was facing but being with Eric now made him forgot about it and he felt free. They played basketball for God knows how long but one thing they knew, they were already tired.

‘Where do you want to go next?’ Hyesung asked as they laid on the ground to gain their energy back.

‘I’m hungry…’ Eric whined a little and turned his body to have a better look at Hyesung.

‘What shops open at this time of hour?’ Hyesung stared at him.

‘Let’s go to the airport! They open 24/7’ he suggested.

‘Airport??’ Hyesung couldn’t believe his ears.

‘If you’re sleepy then it’s fine… I can send you home later’ he smiled.

Hyesung sat up straight and shook his hands as a no, ‘It’s not like that! The airport is an hour away, is that okay with you? Plus…’ he looked at Eric warmly and said, ‘I want to spend time with you tonight’

Eric grinned excitedly and stood up before lending a hand to Hyesung.

‘Then… Let’s go to the airport!’ he said like a child.

(At the airport)

‘Wah, there are so many restaurants~’ Eric’s eyes widen because of excitement.

‘Yup! Now, let’s choose a place’

‘Are you up for fastfood?’ Eric looked at Hyesung.

‘The perfect supper’ Hyesung smiled.

They ate at a fastfood restaurant and have a nice time together. They later roamed around as if they were going on a vacation and acted like a tourist when they visited souvenir shops. It was 4 o’clock and honestly, Hyesung didn’t know why he felt that he wanted to be a clingy boyfriend. As they were walking towards the car park, Hyesung cutely tugged the back of Eric’s sweater.

‘Eric-ah…’ he called Eric softly.

‘Hmm?’ Eric looked behind and saw Hyesung who was looking down.

‘C-Can we go and watch sunrise?’ Hyesung asked nervously. He was afraid that he was being a burden especially if Eric was sleepy.

‘What about your protection?’ Eric asked.

‘Oh…’ a moment of realisation hit him.

‘Wanna stop by at your place to get your cream?’

Hyesung looked up and saw a sincere look on Eric’s face, ‘I-Is it okay?’

‘Of course! Plus, we don’t have any classes tomorrow’ he grinned.

They stopped by at Hyesung’s house for him to take his cream. He applied the cream before going out but brought the cream along nevertheless. Eric rode to the nearest beach as he said it was a perfect and nicest place to watch sunrise. While waiting for the sunrise which was at 06:30, they ate some snacks and had a deep conversation.

‘Hyesung… What have you been thinking about today?’ Eric asked.

Hyesung looked at him in confusion without saying a word.

‘I know you are thinking about something and it’s bothering you so much until now’ he explained.

‘H-How did you…’

‘You’re like a transparent paper you know’ he smirked causing Hyesung to blush in embarrassment.

‘Nothing actually…’ Hyesung shook his head.

Eric nudged Hyesung’s shoulder softly, ‘Hey, I’m here with you. Always’

Hyesung thought about it for awhile and he thought that it wasn’t wrong to tell your boyfriend about what you were thinking especially when you were having those insecurity moments.

‘Are you still sad about keeping our relationship as a secret?’ Hyesung cautiously asked and observed Eric’s face.

‘Nope, not at all. Is that what you’ve been thinking, Hyesung-ah? That’s stupid, you shouldn’t think about it…’

‘I know…’

‘I understand you especially when my fans aren’t that open-minded of me having a lover other than Jimin’

Hyesung looked at him in surprised, ‘You knew?!’

Eric chuckled softly and nodded, ‘Of course I knew! They are my fans… I also know that they are going to find that lover of mine and have a private talk with “her”’ he said as he swung his arms around Hyesung.

‘That’s why I don’t want to reveal our relationship... Plus, I don’t want them to think negatively about you especially when you’re dating a guy. Not a girl’ Hyesung unconsciously sighed.

‘Hey… Genders don’t matter. What matter is I’m dating a guy named Shin Hyesung’ Eric cheered him up.

Hyesung smiled faintly and shyly hugged Eric, ‘I-I love you, Eric-ah…’

Eric hugged him tighter and grinned widely, ‘I love you too~’