"Y-You're a...?!" - Eric's POV

Love From Beginning

In the middle of a busy street in Seoul, there was a guy leaning against the wall looking around as if he was waiting for someone especially when he kept glancing at his watch. All the glances and whispers that he heard and noticed ware ignored by him. It was like a boring routine for him to hear compliments about him everyday. Even if he didn't do anything or talk much.

A few minutes later, he continued to look around and finally a smile was widely spread on his face. He waved his hands towards a slender guy with brunette hair who was running towards him.

'Good morning~' the taller guy chirped happily.

'Let's go now or else we would be late!' the brunette guy hurriedly said, ignoring the greet and started running with the taller one by holding his wrist.

'Woah, Hyesung! Relax... Your class starts in 1 hour, we have plenty of time' he said while trying to keep up with the current pace.

'But yours is in 30 minutes! I don't want you to be late because of me. Geez, Eric... Why didn't you go ahead first' Hyesung rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Eric chuckled lightly and pulled back Hyesung's hand gently so that the guy would stop running.

'Because I want to. So, let's walk slowly because I know we'll make it on time' he said calmly.

'Have you eaten yet?' Eric asked. Hyesung just shook his head.

'Thought so... So, here. Your breakfast, I bought at the convenience store just now' Eric gave him a plastic bag that had been in his hands since just now.

Hyesung smiled in delight, ‘Thank you, Eric-ah…’

‘Want some?’ Hyesung offered some food to the older guy.

Eric smiled while shaking his head, ‘No, thank you. I’ve already eaten’

After a short walk to the college, they bid goodbye at the main gate.

‘Your gloves?’ Eric asked.

‘Here’ Hyesung showed his covered hands.

‘Protection cream?’

‘Wore it’

Eric smiled in satisfaction, ‘Then, everything’s good to go. Bye, Hyesung. And don’t sleep in class!’ Eric advised him as he knew about Hyesung’s habit in class.

Hyesung winked playfully, ‘I can’t promise~’ he said and started running towards his friends.

(Hyesung’s side)

‘Morning!’ Hyesung waved hi to his friends who were hanging out under a tree.

‘Woah, this is unusual~ Are you Hyesung hyung’s clone?’ one of his friends teased as it was rare of Hyesung to come to college early.

Hyesung glared at him and pushed his head, ‘Yah, it’s not like this is the first time! I just didn’t want Eric to wait for me’

Everyone seemed amuse at the sudden news and Hyesung secretly made a face as he regretted telling them about it.

‘Eric? As in THE Eric Mun?’ the maknae, Andy leaned forward to him.

‘Who else?’ he rolled his eyes.

‘Since when the two of you are close?’ Dongwan raised his eyebrows in suspicious. It’s been a few months since Hyesung and Eric became real friends and to be honest, the gang was trying to get used to it since they never see them being friends before. And all of the sudden, they became close!

‘Don’t know. Can’t remember’ he shrugged his shoulder and quickly changed the topic while reminiscing the day when they actually became friends.

(Eric’s side)

After watching Hyesung went to his friends, he heard people started whispering about him.

‘Oh my! It’s Eric~ He came today!’

‘I’m sure his girlfriend is already here… Kyaaa~’

‘There she is!’

Eric looked around and smiled when he saw Jimin who was walking around not far from him. He knew that it was time to put up his act.

‘Jimin-ah~’ Eric chirped lovingly causing the said girl turned around and she also smiled.

‘Eric-ah~’ she waved hi.

All of their fans squealed excitedly and followed Eric who was walking towards her. In campus, Eric and Jimin was the hottest and most popular couple in campus but unfortunately to them, they were actually an imaginary couple, meaning they weren’t a real couple. They became a couple when they both were casted in a web drama series under their campus’s production. As a result, the web drama became popular and gained many interest from people outside of campus. Not to mention, they both got other offers such as commercial, dramas and so on. So, Jimin suggested that she and Eric should be an imaginary couple so that the offers would keep coming easily especially it had been a dream of hers to become an actress. Eric agreed to her suggesting because he sincerely wanted to help his childhood friend.

‘Where are you going?’ Eric asked.

‘To class. You?’

‘My class starts in an hour. Let me send you to class’ Eric held out his arm for Jimin to link hers.

‘Kyaaaa~ Look, they are linking their arms together!’

‘So sweet~’

Jimin who heard those just chuckled and shook her head lightly. Eric bid her goodbye when they arrived in front of Jimin’s class and as he was walking, he saw his best friend.

‘Yah, Minwoo!’ Eric called his friend loudly.

‘Oh, Eric!’ the guy smiled widely while waving hi.

‘Where were you from?’ Minwoo asked.

‘Walking Jimin to her class’

Minwoo made a fake face, ‘Aww, what a sweet boyfriend…’

‘Oh, shut up’ he rolled his eyes in reply.

‘I saw you walking with Hyesung just now. Did you guys come here together?’

Eric nodded, ‘Yeah, I waited for him at the station earlier’

Minwoo halted his steps, ‘You waited for him?’ he asked as if he didn’t believe his ears.

‘Yeah…’ Eric nodded his head while raising his eyebrows in confusion.

‘Since when are you guys close?! You never waited for me. Your friend of 10 years!’ Minwoo started throwing tantrums causing Eric to leave him behind.

‘Because you live far away’ he replied while thinking about the first time he and Hyesung met.

Flashback…

‘I swear to God I’m not going to do this again!’ Eric groaned in annoyance when his motorbike suddenly broke down beside the road.

He was just riding his motorbike as his night routine and somehow he ended up in outskirt of Seoul, God knows where. To make things worse, his phone wasn’t working since he needed to use it to ask help from Minwoo and his family. He decided that he shouldn’t sit and wait, so he started walking around the area, hoping to find a place to ask help. After walking for nearly 15 minutes, he found a path towards a big mansion. It wasn’t a creepy mansion like those in movies because the mansion was bright as if it had a grand party in it. Therefore, it was a suitable place to ask help. But all things were drown in drain when he saw what was inside the mansion. Everything he said just now, he took his words back. What he was seeing was creepy! There were many paranormal creatures or in a harsh word, monsters everywhere and the structure inside the mansion was like a hotel. All the creatures froze just like Eric and they didn’t make a word until Eric started running frantically out the mansion. He didn’t dare to look back fearing if they would chase after him and do something to him.

‘What was wrong?’ a voice was spoken when he saw every creature froze.

They gained their conscious and continued doing what they were doing.

‘A human came and I guess he was frightened when he saw us’ one of the guests said.

The owner’s voice nodded and told them not to worry as he would go out and find that human fearing if he got lost or something. He transformed into a bat and flew out from the mansion. The bat used his excellent eyes to find the said human and when he finally found him, he flew and transformed himself in front of him.

‘Stop! Don’t run!’ he said at the human but this time the figure froze in his spot with his eyes widen.

‘Y-You’re a BAT?!’ the human said while freaking out. The human was in the same college as him but they never talked to each other before because their paths never crossed.

‘E-Eric?!’ Hyesung replied while pointing his finger towards the taller guy. He never thought that in his life, he would encounter his college mates like this.

‘Y-You’re a bat!’ Eric said again as he didn’t believe what just happened.

‘Please… Please don’t be scared, I don’t mean harm…’ Hyesung tried to assure him.

Eric quickly shook his hands, ‘No, I’m not scared. Just shock’ he said after he calmed himself down.

‘Then, why did you run away from the mansion?’ Hyesung asked when he doubted Eric’s words.

‘Because there are a lot of paranormal creatures! I know about their existence but I don’t want to take a risk because I’m afraid they would do something to me’

Hyesung’s eyes widen at Eric’s revelation, ‘You know about their existence..?’

Eric nodded casually, ‘Of course! I’m friends with one’

‘Minwoo, you mean?’

‘Hmm… We’ve been friends for years, so he told me about his real self’ he explained.

But then, a moment of realisation came, ‘Wait… How do you know about him?’

‘Oh, his family and him went to my hotel once. I’m Hyesung btw’ Hyesung explained.

‘I’m Eric’ he said before continuing, ‘And you have a hotel?’

‘Yeah, the one that you found just now. It’s a family business’ he pointed towards the direction of the hotel.

‘Woah, that’s so cool. Can I come one day?’ Eric took a step forward with his big eager eyes.

‘Won’t you get scared of them? I mean, the guests…’ Hyesung looked hesitant.

‘As long as they won’t do anything to me, then I’m fine’ Eric grinned widely.

That was the first time where Hyesung and Eric knew each other personally and since it was late, Hyesung offered Eric to let him stay at the hotel for a night. Also, Eric bombarded him with a lot of questions just like how he did to Minwoo when he found out that Minwoo was a werewolf.

‘Woah, that’s so cool~ A vampire!’ he said excitedly as they were walking back to the hotel.

‘Half. My mum is a human’ Hyesung corrected him.

‘That’s cooler! Your mum must be beautiful’

Hyesung smiled and nodded, ‘She was…’

‘Was?’ Eric looked at him in confusion.

‘She died giving birth to me’

Seeing the weak smile Hyesung was giving, Eric hated it.

‘Then, she must be proud of herself for giving birth to a good looking son’ Eric cheered him up as he ruffled his hair.

Hyesung was taken aback by his words and action but somehow, he liked it. No one had ever say that to him. All they said was ‘Oh, I’m sorry!’ or ‘Are you okay..?’

‘So! Are you ready to meet them?’ Hyesung said when they arrived at Hyesung’s mansion.

‘Are they cool?’

‘What’s up with you and the word cool?’ Hyesung laughed and continued, ‘But yeah, they are. Cooler when you talk to them’

‘Alright then! Let’s meet them!’ he said with determination.

When they entered the mansion, the same thing happened but this time, Eric didn’t run away but the creatures were frozen.

‘Don’t worry, guys. He doesn’t mean harm’ Hyesung assured them but they were still in doubt.

‘Hello! I’m Eric!’ Eric said cheerfully as he waved his hands.

The creatures must have sensed his innocent aura, so they greeted him in a friendly manner and resumed what they were doing.

‘Let me introduce you to my dad!’ Hyesung said excitedly.

‘Dad!’ Hyesung called when they saw a middle-aged guy who was at the reception.

‘Oh, Hyesung~’ he smiled.

‘This is Eric. His motorbike broke down, so he came here’ Hyesung explained.

Mr Shin was about to say something until he smelled Eric’s smell.

‘You’re human?’ he asked.

Eric gulped when he saw his seriousness but still managed his cool composure, ‘Yup’

‘Do you know about us?’

‘I’m aware, yes. My friend is a warewolf’ he mentioned Minwoo.

‘Are you not scared?’

‘As long as they’re cool, then yeah’

Hyesung’s dad nodded firmly and stared Eric for awhile before giving a huge grin, ‘YAH~ This is so rare! We never found someone who is open-minded as you!’ his dad patted Eric’s back. Clearly that he already liked the boy.

‘Thank you~ And can I say that you don’t look old. You look like 30 years old!’ he sincerely praised the old man.

Mr Shin laughed out loud, ‘You really do have a sweet mouth… I like you, kid!’

Hyesung just rolled his eyes as he knew that his dad always liked when people praised him like that.

‘Eric, don’t give in to him. He is always like that’ Hyesung pulled Eric away from his dad.

‘Dad, we’re going first!’ he announced as he dragged Eric to other places.

‘I don’t know anything about your bike, so I can’t help you. But do you want to stay the night?’ Hyesung asked when they went to a quieter place which was at the garden, behind the mansion.

Eric was stunned by his sudden question, ‘R-Really? I mean like we just knew each other’

Hyesung scoffed lightly, ‘What’s wrong with that? Is Mr. Famous worried that his girlfriend gets angry?’

Eric was more stunned, ‘You know me?!’

‘Everyone knows you…’ Hyesung rolled his eyes. Then, Eric realised and he blushed due to embarrassment.

Especially Hyesung’s view on Eric. He always thought that Eric was a stuck-up rich kid who thinks he can get whatever he wants. But he wasn’t like that. Not at all! Eric was a humble and ambitious guy with a creative and mature mind. Hyesung felt like he can relate with Eric even though their preferences were different.

Eric felt so dumb for not noticing Hyesung at college because he just met the most interesting guy. To him, Hyesung was a guy who has a positive mind and a kind heart. And Eric found Hyesung was cute when he talked about what he liked and about his family, the people that stays in the mansion and his friends.

Meeting each other that night changed everything and it leaded to a blossom friendship.

‘Hyesung-ah, let’s talk more at college. I like talking to you’

‘I like talking to you too. Plus, we’re friends. Right, Eric…?’