Come back

SoonHao drabbles

GenreAngst

Prompt: 

Person A is in a coma. Person B comes every day to visit them in the hospital. One day, Person B holds Person A’s hand, singing to them quietly. Person A squeezes slightly.

"That'll be 5 dollars sir." The cashier politely dipped his head into a small bow, meekly taking the cash in hand from the costumer; blond and very handsome. He smiled and took the bouqette of blue iris and gripped the wrapping tightly.

He stood there and stared at the blue irises, in the quiet flower shop down the street he took everyday. The young cashier stared at him a bit confused and slightly curious, seeing as the blond actually came by everyday, buying blue irises to the point he wondered who they were for. Feeling slightly jealous of the person who was receiving the flowers from the handsome blond.

"Do you know what they mean?"

Snapping out of his thoughts and feeling bashful and silly that he had uncousincely stared at the man. "E-excuse me?" he asked again as he wasn't paying much attention to him. Rubbing his nape shyly as he heard the blond chuckle.

Showing the flowers, he pointed at them. "These, do you know what they mean?" The irises? Slightly confused he swallowed his saliva as he blinked a few time trying to find a proper sentence.

"Faith and hope, sir?" Internally cheering that he didn't stutter and spout random chinese words. "Ah-" the blond's sharp eyes became smaller as he squint at the cashier's name tag, Lee Chan. "Chan ah, just call me Soonyoung but ah well hyung for you I guess." He gave a light laugh together with the young cashier.

Chan the cashier blinked and a soft tint of pink covered his cheeks, it was rare when costumers talked to the workers and it may or may not be his first time talking with a costumer and actually getting to know them. Fingers curled into his green apron as he peeked under the counter, seeing the hyung's and noona's notes about flower names and their meanings.

"O-oh um, Soonyoung hyung, as I recall, Blue irises represent faith and hope?" Feeling somewhat unsure of his answer. Soonyoung's eyes turnt into cresents as he nodded and tilted his head downwards to look at the flowers in his hands.

"Have you ever waited for a friend?" Soonyoung asked, surprising Chan as he thought the conversation would have stopped once he answered the meaning. "Yes I have." Remembering his time back in China, waiting for his friends during recess in kindergarten to play all of their adventures, not noticing that his aura had started to change into a more cheerful one.

"Have you ever waited for a friend and they came late?" Chan nodded and remembered his middle school days, when he had to wait for his friends after their detention hours because he had moved from his old town and his ways werent exactly top class student type so he was somewhat forced to befriend the problematic students. They weren't that bad, just a bit problematic.

Soonyoung's smile grew bigger as he carressed one of the flowers, tilting to look up and pulling his hair back.

"Have you ever waited for a friend and they never came?" That question, as innocent as it is, pained Chan like he had been pierced right through his heart.

Being a chinese man wasn't easy in this foreign land named South Korea, he had the language barrier; he had settled that but he was of course wasn't at their level which he knows will probably take him decades. He had followed his family to study in Korea because of his dad's transfer in work place, a total new place.

When he had first came, everyone stared at him weirdly and some even gave him the looks of disgust.They dirtied his shoes and stuffed his locker with hate messages such as 'go back to your country ching chong' or 'go die'. But Chan kept his anger to himself, seeking comfort by watching Micheal Jackson videos and dancing to his songs, idolizing him so much he didn't care about the threats he got anymore.

It wasn't really waiting for a friend as all he had was a senior, who was also chinese. 

"I- well um, I don't have friends that never come be-because.." he could feel his eyes start to water when he thought about it; thank god he at least had his senior that he could depend on, Junhui.

Soonyoung stepped forward and wiped Chan's tears and ruffled his hair. 

"Then i'll be that chingu that doesn't make you wait." he had a lopsided smile and walked out the door. Chan started to sob and wipe his eyes as the tears wouldn't stop no matter how hard he tried. 

Suddenly feeling a hand on his shoulder as he was pulled into someone's chest, a hand running through his hair as he became a sobbing wreck. 

"Junhui gege...I knew I never liked Koreans from the moment I stepped into this place, they're all so confusing. One moment they're sweet, one moment they're yelling I-i." gripping onto Junhui's shirt as he wetted it with his tears.

That was the last straw for Lee Chan.

 

"Like usual sir, room 104 on the third floor." The soft voice of the nurse that would definitely be suitable to settle down the crying children greeted him and pointed to the elevator on her left.

Soonyoung smiled softly and walked towards to the elevator after giving his thanks to the nurse by the main counter, holding the blur irises close to his loud beating heart. Every step seemed like miles to him, the floor became blurry and the worse thing was that it happened everytime he visited. 

His breathing became hitched again as he stepped inside the elevator, he would have fainted if it weren't for a jab to his ribcage, grunting in pain as he looked to his side, holding the pained area with furrowed brows.

"You took your time real sweet huh. What if he woke up and you weren't there, some male nurse would have claimed him and the poor guy wouldn't even know a thing. What can you say for yourself huh Soonyoung." A brunette clad in a doctor's ever famous white coat ranted as his grip on his clipboard became tighter. 

Soonyoung sulked when he heard the doctor told him of what could happen. Receiving another jab in the rib, he grunted louder.

"Seungkwan. Please don't make this any harder for me. And you forgot to put the hyung at the back." Feeling more composed than when he first stepped in the white prison. He wouldn't call it hell because it healed people but it certainly wasn't the best place to be at.

The corner of the brunette's lips curved upwards and he hummed a simple tune to himself. "I wouldn't want to say this but you should probably hurry up and make your way." And the floor stopped on the second floor, Seungkwan stepped out.

Heart rate was starting to rise again but he tried his best to be calm, getting kicked out the hospital once wasn't as bad as not being able to visit for a week so he learned his lesson.

The number shifted from two to three and the door opened. The lights blinded him as he stepped out, swallowing the saliva that didn't seem like it would go down. His feet automatically moving towards his left, the second last room on the left, the blue irises were clutched in a tight grip as he made his way to room 104.

 

The blinding lights of the room wasn't half as bad as Soonyoung stared at all the machinery. He never felt safe around them but he had to get used to it, as most of the tubes where placed around the man sleeping in the middle of the room. Needles injected at his arm and a breathing mask was attached on his face.

The man's breathing was rather slow than usual, is what Soonyoung would have said, but like the flower's he bought, have faith and hope. He walked closer and stood right beside the sleeping man, placing the blue irises with all the other blue irises he bought before; in just five days there were already ten vases.

Soonyoung's face became sullen as he caressed the cheek of the sleeping man, glancing over to see the name on the clipboard placed on the small table beside the white hospital bed. 

'Xu Minghao.'

The sleeping man, namely Minghao looked so peaceful despite being in the state of coma. With soft breathing and a small smile on, Soonyoung could only pray that Minghao is dreaming about them both.

He missed him. Soonyoung missed his dear sunshine, his beloved lover and dancing partner. 

Eyes starting to water, his hands clasped on Minghao's one; slightly warm but still cold. His breathing hitched and lips trembled as he dropped down to the stool placed beside the bed, inhaling deeply to fill his lungs and prickled heart.

Leaning in that his forehead touches Minghao's shoulder, tears spilling and wetting his cheeks. Tightening the grip on Minghao's smaller hand and he lifted his head and proceeded to press a soft and slow kiss on the pale but pinkish lips.

A slow and long inhale before his decided to sing, voice cracking at the beginning. He knew why Seunkwang said everything in the elevator earlier, he had only had today before they were going to transfer Minghao in a different room where only the hospital were allowed to enter; seeing as Minghao's condition was a bit confusing, he wasn't badly injured but it had been a month and a half since he was admitted.

Soonyoung closed his eyes and smiled as he sang the lyrics to a song that seemed like his current situation.

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one if you want me to
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I... I'm feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all
And I... will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I... will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying ...

Soonyoung didn't even have time to finish the song when he felt Minghao's hand lightly squeezed his.

Eyes widening and everything became mute to him, clasping both hands on Minghao's as he felt his world lit up with hope, even the tinniest of hope was there. 

"M-minghao." Soonyoung called out, not even bothering to wipe his tears, rather he let them soak his cheeks. He watched the previously frozen in time man clenched his eyes hard before slowly fluttering them open.

The nurse inside the room shot up from the chair and quickly ran out to call for the doctor assinged to Minghao. 

Minghao slowly turned his head to face Soonyoung, staring at their clasped hands before blury'ly looking over at Soonyoung's face. His adams apple bobbed as he swallowed a confused saliva. For some reason, he smiled softly and held Soonyoung's hand to his chest.

"I'm back."

 

 

-So hey peps! Days have been quick for me and I only now noticed how long it's been since I last updated, whew I am very sorry bout that. This one didn't seem to turn out like how i pictured it for the last few days, everytime before i close my eyes, this story haunts me I finally decided to push myself and finished it. Again Im sorry it took awhile.

Till we meet again, Sinrie.