t w o

Steal My Heart 《정철》

"Do you mind?"

 

"What?"

 

"Your clutter of clothes is beginning to become an eyesore for me. Can't you see, before you came in my room, everything is neat and organized? Now look at this garbage! Clean them or else I will throw them away!" Seungcheol coldly commanded, tapping his foot impatiently.

 

"Wow." The younger said sarcastically rolling his eyes. "You call my designer clothes garbage?! How dare you! Do you know what else is garbage? Your attitude! So if I fix my clothes, you also fix your attitude!"

 

Burned, Jeonghan evilly cackled in his mind.

 

"I don't care what brand they are, whether they're Gucci or Dolce and Gabbana or H & M or Forever 21, but we clearly need some house rules here to maintain order and peace and most importantly, cleanliness." Seungcheol replied in a strict tone.

 

"Blah blah blah, you think you're so bossy and demanding and stuff. Do you think you could rule over my body?" Jeonghan sassily scoffed.

 

"Why not? Unless you want to give in first." The raven boy winked and Jeonghan's eyes widened at how wrong his previous statement possibly sounded.

 

He was about to contradict and defend himself when Seungcheol interrupted him. "Nah, I was just kidding. Who wants to rule over a dumb guy's body? Haha, you're not even my style."

 

"Aigoo! You're really something, aren't you? Well I have enough admirers to take care of me! I don't need you at all!"

 

Seungcheol didn't pay attention to the silver-haired boy. Instead, he scribbled something on a piece of paper that he teared out from a notebook. "Here are the house rules. Sign it and we're done with this arguing."

 

Jeonghan tucked his stray strands of hair behind his ear to clearly read the neat Hangul handwriting.

 

House Rules

 

By Choi Seungcheol

 

"Tss. By Choi Seungcheol only?! Can't I add some of my rules too, to play fair and square?" Jeonghan suggested, looking up at his roommate.

 

"Fine. You may. But after you read my house rules first." Said Seungcheol after a moment of thinking. It wouldn't hurt if Jeonghan adds some, would it?

 

*These are applicable as long as you are in our room until Joonmyeon kicks you out from university because you probably failed everything.

 

"Wow, Mr. Choi. This note isn't really necessary! Maybe you're the first one to be kicked out of school for not attending class regularly." Jeonghan scoffed in plain annoyance. "How dare you be so confident."

 

"Really?" Seungcheol smirked. "I just have to buy an alarm clock to wake up early, then I'm already good."

 

"I've read that alarm clocks don't work on you." Jeonghan smiled proudly at his research but then his smile faltered a few seconds later. what have I said?!

 

He didn't dare look at the older one's face. He was nervous of what Seungcheol's reaction would be.

 

Why do you have such a big mouth, Yoon Jeonghan?! First day with this brat and you ruin your impression! What is he going to think of you?! A sasaeng who knows every single detail about him?!

 

"If there were a subject called Choi Seungcheol... you would have passed with flying colors, Jeonghan. You would have gotten even a hundred in my subject. Right?"

 

"Let's... let's just continue reading the rules." Jeonghan blushed, intimidated by the raven-haired boy.

 

"I just hope that you do research on your other subjects as much as you did research on me."

 

"A-anyway, as I was reading." Jeonghan backed away from Seungcheol a bit, since the other's elephant of an ego was already suffocating him.

 

1. Don't mess with my stuff. I hate kleptos.

 

"As if I am interested in your stuff." Jeonghan tsked and rolled his eyes again.

 

"Really?" Seungcheol asked, his eyes widening a little. "You aren't?"

 

"No. Why should I like your unbranded stuff when I have tons of designer stuff here? Duh."

 

"Not even my..."

 

"Your what?" Jeonghan grew curious. Aside from his morning breath, what else does Seungcheol need to hide?

 

"Nevermind. I'm glad you know nothing about it. Though almost everyone wanted to have it..."

 

But Jeonghan was dying to know. He was inquisitive about his new roommate slash tutor. What else does Seungcheol have that he doesn't, except for the brains?

 

"Tell meeee!" He irritably whined, tugging on Seungcheol's polo like a baby.

 

"Let go of me! You're wrinkling my uniform!" The other commanded so Jeonghan pushed him off.

 

"Fine. Whatever. It's not like I'm interested in your stuff anyway. Keep that something to yourself."

 

2. Tutoring schedules are every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. If you miss one day, it's not my problem.

 

3. You sleep on the pull-out bed and I sleep on the higher bed, of course.

 

[A/N: If you recall the picture from chapter 1, the bed in their dorm is not a bunk bed but a single one with a pull-out mattress in the bottom]

 

"This is unfair!" Jeonghan retorted. "Why do you get all the better stuff in this dorm?! You already confiscated all my plushies even if I can't sleep without them, and now you make me sleep in a lower bed! Where is the justice here?"

 

"Excuse me, but I got here first. You know, first come, first served."

 

"But what if you fall on me while sleeping and your fat body will squish me to death?"

 

"You call this fat?" Seungcheol started to lift up his polo, teasing Jeonghan when the latter just slapped his hand away.

 

4. No partying and inviting useless and stupid people inside our room. Especially your admirers!

 

"You're just jealous that I have many admirers and suitors, but you have none. Because it means that I'm more attractive and hotter than you." Jeonghan stuck his tongue out. "And sure, I'll just party in Mingyu's room."

 

"*cough* *cough* More attractive? *cough* Hotter? Then why aren't you melting me yet with your hotness?"

 

"Cough all you want! I hope you get pneumonia or some sickness or tuberculosis!"

 

"Then I'll infect you with my sickness, so that we can become sick together." Seungcheol blurted out.

 

Jeonghan just stared at him for a few seconds. "Whaaaat?"

 

"Just forget I said that! You're dumb, so you probably won't remember it tomorrow. Ha!" Seungcheol regained himself and looked away.

 

Jeonghan just smirked naughtily. After all, nobody could resist him, right? 

 

--

 

At last after two hours of staying in his new room, Jeonghan finally finished unpacking 3 duffel bags. He almost passed out if not for the smell of his favorite dish, chicken stew.

 

[A/N: idk if this is his fave dish but I heard he likes stew so much]

 

"Whew, this is my last shi- Oh my gosh is someone cooking stew?" Jeonghan wondered out loud, his eyes suddenly grew dreamy and he could hear a loud grumble from his complaining stomach. He slowly put down the shirt he was supposed to place inside the cabinet.

 

Seungcheol was nowhere to be found, not even lending a helping hand to his new roommate's unpacking struggles so Jeonghan was naturally very famished.

 

The silver-haired boy unconsciously stood up from the couch and closed his eyes, his olfactory senses automatically leading him to the source of the rich, delicious aroma.

 

A large smile stretched between his lips and he hungrily his upper lip while he was walking towards the kitchen.

 

"Come to daddy!" Jeonghan's hands spread wide as if he was about to give someone a hug, and beckoning the chicken stew to come to him. He wiggled his fingers as if he was conducting a spell and suddenly his fingers danced on something soft.

 

The soft thing started violently shaking and screaming in a low voice.

 

"Seungcheol?!" Jeonghan opened his eyes widely in alarm.

 

The soft thing was apparently Seungcheol's waist.

 

"What the heck do you think you're doing, Yoon Jeonghan?! It's very dangerous to tickle someone who's cooking! Especially someone like me!" Seungcheol scolded him and crossed his arms across his chest.

 

Damn. Seungcheol looks undeniably hot in that apron. Makes the most perfect chef ever.

 

"Don't you know that I might accidentally hit something that could set the whole dorm on fire? Haven't you learnt this in..."

 

Jeonghan's attention wasn't focused on Seungcheol's words anymore. Instead, it was focused on the scrumptious stew boiling in the pot.

 

GRRRKRRR...

 

"What was that sound?" Seungcheol inquired, raising one eyebrow.

 

GRRRKRRR...

 

"I asked, what was that sound? C'mon, don't pretend that you can't hear me, Jeonghan. I know that you also hear that sound." Seungcheol pressed on.

 

"It's... it's the..." Jeonghan blushed in return, making the other furrow his brows.

 

GRRRKRRR...

 

"Is it going to rain? I hear thunder!" Seungcheol covered his ears in fear.

 

"You stupid exaggerating idiot!" Jeonghan playfully smacked his left arm. "That was only the sound of my stomach growling! Now thank you for not helping me earlier! Because I am already planning to eat you alive because of starvation!"

 

One corner of the raven boy's lips curled up into a smirk. "Do you think you're this lucky to taste and eat my chicken stew? Ha! Well you're wrong! Only selected people could taste it, and you're not part of that list!"

 

"Who says I'm going to taste it?!" Jeonghan huffed. "I bet it's the most bitter and watery stew ever! I bet even the rats could die just by eating your stew!"

 

Seungcheol got himself a chair and sat down, pouring the hot stew onto a bowl and stirring it with a pair of chopsticks. "I bet... it's the most delicious stew I ever made."

 

"Said who?"

 

The older boy didn't even reply and just took a sip of the soup in the stew, and his eyes fluttered close while sipping it, enticing his roommate more. "Mmm... so warm... so delicious... so- HEY! GIVE BACK MY BOWL OF STEW!"

 

Jeonghan dashed out of their room and into the hallways with the bowl of soup in hand. He didn't dare to spill it so he put a lid on top of it like the cunning vixen he is.

 

"Yah! Yoon Jeonghan! Give me back my chicken stew!"

 

"Over my dead, fabulous body!" Jeonghan cried out and ran faster since Seungcheol was trailing not so far behind him.

 

"! Mingyu, open up!" Jeonghan loudly knocked on the door of Mingyu and Wonwoo's shared room, wanting to get away from Seungcheol as much as possible.

 

The door was opened by a very confused Mingyu dressed up in pajamas to let Jeonghan in. The long-haired boy locked the door and sighed in relief.

 

"What's going on?" Mingyu asked, fixing his bed hair to look the least bit presentable in front of his best friend. "Were you two playing chase or what? Ghad, it's almost midnight, Jeonghan. And out of all the people to play with, I never thought of Choi freaking Seungcheol playing that game. Or any kind of game. Unless it's a quiz bee. That's an exception."

 

"Shh, be quiet!" Jeonghan strained his ears to hear if Seungcheol was still calling out his name.

 

Seconds later, Seungcheol finally said something after inhaling large intakes of oxygen. "We're not yet done with this, Yoon Jeonghan. You can run but you can't hide."

 

Silence.

 

"Is he gone?" Mingyu asked.

 

"I don't know. Let's open the door to find out." Jeonghan suggested and the taller boy nodded in agreement.

 

"One, two, AAAHHH!"

 

"Trick or treat!" A small figure dressed up in black surprised the two of them.

 

"Hoshi! You're way advance for Halloween! Get lost, will you?"

 

"Ugh! I was just practicing." Hoshi told them and took off his scary mask. "Maybe with this costume, I can finally scare the wits out of Jihoon."

 

"Whatever. Just run along and go bother someone else." Mingyu closed the door after Hoshi heeded his command. Once the two of them were ready to talk, they positioned themselves on Mingyu's bed.

 

"Wait. Someone's missing. Where's Wonwoo?"

 

"Oh. He was sent into the principal's office for having bad grades. Almost got kicked out of boxing varsity." Mingyu sadly informed him.

 

"He was sent too? No way! I was also sent into the principal's office a week before. That's why Seungcheol was tasked to be my tutor so I moved in to his room."

 

"You're saying that Choi Seungcheol... is your roommate?!" Mingyu panicked. "Why did you just tell me now?! Ugh. I could've helped Wonwoo earlier."

 

"What's the matter with Seungcheol anyway? Why do people get so irked by him? And what does Seungcheol have to do with you and Wonwoo?"

 

Mingyu bit his lip. "You don't know?"

 

"I don't even know what I don't know so just tell me directly!" Jeonghan demanded his best friend.

 

"Okay. Lean closer to me and I'll tell you. But since you don't know yet, and if I tell you, then you will already know, but don't let Seungcheol know that you know."

 

"What?"

 

"Nevermind! It's so disappointing to have a best friend who's dumb. All beauty but no brains." Mingyu muttered under his breath.

 

"I heard that!"

 

"Now back to the main point."

 

"Okay. I promise I'll keep quiet."

 

"Your tutor Seungcheol has this black diary that contains all his secrets about the key to becoming very, very smart. Sometimes, before taking difficult tests, he would read it and smile one of those rare smiles like he feels he's the most intelligent person in the world. Rumor has it that one student saw the diary on top of Seungcheol's desk, and he tried to browse through the pages but Seungcheol caught him and did taekwondo on him. The student dropped out of school after that."

 

"What the heck..." Jeonghan breathed out, trying to absorb the whole story. "So Seungcheol isn't naturally smart, he just has a whole set of top secret study hacks?"

 

"You could also say that." Mingyu agreed. "So please, Jeonghan. Please get it for me so that I could help Wonwoo pass. I don't want him to be transferring to a different room just like you did. Joonmyeon gave him as second chance. If he gets Seungcheol's diary, then he'll pass and we'll not be separated anymore."

 

Jeonghan shook his head. "Oh, the things you do for love."

 

"I d-don't love him!" Mingyu opposed but his reddening face was denying him. "I just really, really like him!"

 

Jeonghan happily visualized what it's like for Mingyu and Wonwoo to finally be together, but he just let out a sad sigh since all of the students know who Wonwoo likes. And it isn't Kim Mingyu. It's obviously him.

 

Mingyu was too kind to Jeonghan. Imagine, your crush liking your BFF and still having no hard feelings toward him. Martyrdom, you might say.

 

"You're so lucky to be adored by him." Mingyu dreamily stated, his eyes hazy. "I would do anything for him to like me back."

 

"Okay... I'll get that diary for you." Jeonghan finally gave in.

 

"You have a month! Omigosh, you are the bestest best friend everrr!" Mingyu almost hugged Jeonghan to death. "You have to seduce Seungcheol to get that diary, okay? I know you can do it!"

 

"Yes, you too." Jeonghan wriggled out of Mingyu's deadly grasp. "But first, lemme eat my chicken stew... w-wait. SEDUCE?!"

 

--

A/N: You mean Seungcheol's chicken stew! ㅋㅋㅋ

 

So now the description of this book finally made sense to you readers! Haha it took me 2 chapters before I made everything clear.

 

The task: Jeonghan has to get Seungcheol's mysterious diary and hand it over to his BFF Mingyu in order to help Wonwoo in his studies. 

 

The things Mingyu does for love. Lmao

 

QOTD: I'm really curious, but can someone explain why Mingyu and Wonwoo became the "Meanie" couple? (Why not MinWoo or WonGyu or whatever)

 

P.S. I'M GOING TO TOKYO JAPAN FOR 6 DAYS! IS ANYONE OF YOU IN JAPAN? hihi ♡