f o u r

Steal My Heart 《정철》

"What do you mean nothing happened?!" Mingyu was as depressed as ever when Jeonghan delivered the sad news to him, and it was during lunch time when they were eating Mingyu's favorite meal.

 

"If worse, I made him more worried about me, but in a way that he just doesn't want to see me having a mental breakdown because in the end he gets the blame for everything."

 

"What are these two talking about?" Soonyoung asked Jihoon who was also clueless about the current topic.

 

"They're talking about how complicated love life is. That's why I choose not to have one." The shortest one in the group of friends proudly said.

 

"Forever alone." Soonyoung mumbled. Jihoon heard him and glared in return.

 

"Anyway, you have to seduce him harder. Like, crossdress or throw yourself at him or something that would arouse him, but of course leave him alone with a fcking hard on and don't even dare to relieve him unless he begs for it." Mingyu stated, all three of them shocked.

 

"WHAT?!" Was Jeonghan's response as the blood rushed to his supple cheeks. Asking if Seungcheol liked him was bad, but crossdressing is a lot worse.

 

"Is Jeonghan planning to become a e...?" Soonyoung whispered to Jihoon.

 

"Yah!" Jihoon hit Jeonghan in the head so hard that the older winced in pain. "What did I tell you about taking care of your beauty?! Why are you planning on becoming like a e?! You want to all of them d's, huh?! You want to crossdress?! What else do you want?! Dance on a fcking pole?!"

 

The whole university shot dirty looks at the long-haired beauty, some of the boys their lips while imagining Jeonghan dancing on a freaking pole.

 

"Owh owh stop it! I am not planning on doing any of those stuff! Now stop misunderstanding me!!!" Jeonghan screamed, fixing his disheveled hair with his hands.

 

"Jeonghan? Is it true? You're planning to be a e?" Seokmin suddenly joined them in their lunch table followed by the rest of the members in the Jeonghan Lovers Club.

 

"Say it again, Seokmin." The older shot daggers in his direction and attempted to fling a broccoli, but Seokmin was quick to catch it with his mouth.

 

"Ah, my boyfriend is finally feeding me."

 

"Shut up! I'm not your boyfriend!"

 

"He's not your boyfriend!" Wonwoo and Dino who were behind him retorted together. Wonwoo was about to punch him though.

 

"You're mine, Jeonghan." The boxer goofily smiled.

 

"Not just yours. You have to share him." The fetus added with a scowl, acting possessive.

 

"Okay guys, can we now eat peacefully?" Mingyu rolled his eyes at the sight of his crush deeply in love with his bestfriend. A great number of knives stabbed his heart metaphorically, and he suddenly felt jealous.

 

"Sorry." The three boys sat down in front of their object of endless affection.

 

"But imagine the wonders of Jeonghan becoming a p-" Wonwoo stated as he went off to lala land, but he quickly cut his words as Jeonghan banged on the table in rage.

 

"It is wonderful, I strongly agree." Seokmin stared wistfully into nothing at all and Dino, still being innocent as a newborn baby, just copied his actions.

 

"Can you stop Jeonghan in your minds? That's shameless disrespect." A deep voice growled, and everyone in the table stopped eating and turned to none other than Choi Seungcheol.

 

"Seungcheol, I think they didn't have any intentions of doing that." Jeonghan said nervously as he observed the obviously haggard look of his roommate.

 

"Just take a look under the table and you'll realize how hard they are for you." Seriousness took over the place and instantly the three boys blushed at the reality of Seungcheol's words.

 

"We're so sorry..." Seokmin looked down on his food.

 

"We didn't know how to limit ourselves." Wonwoo added, playing with his own fingers.

 

But Dino said nothing. He just looked down as well, symphatizing with his other friends.

 

Mingyu, Soonyoung, and Jihoon exchanged meaningful glances.

 

"You're not sorry enough." Seungcheol folded his arms in disappointment. "I want the three of you out of my sight. Right now. And don't even think of getting closer to Jeonghan or else I will really, really get harsh on you. Understand?"

 

"Yes." The naughty trio stood up with Seokmin and Wonwoo pulling their shirts down, and Dino nervously clutching his Michael Jackson lunch box and Michael Jackson water bottle. They were gone in a second.

 

Jeonghan felt sadness wash over him as he watched his three lovers leave and head onto a new unoccupied table, one that's very far from them. Somehow, he has gotten used to their jokes and mild bantering, especially when they're fighting over him. They made him feel somehow special and loved.

 

But Seungcheol was right. They've already gone too far this time, even cute little Dino. Maybe it was right to spend some time without them. Who knows, they might be Jeonghan's sasaengs or stalkers in the future.

 

But as Jeonghan looked for Seungcheol in the area, he realized that the older was already gone without a last word.

 

"Whoa. That was something else." Soonyoung breathed in and out quite heavily.

 

"I've never seen Seungcheol that mad before. He doesn't even get the slightest bit of mad if he loses in a national quiz bee." Jihoon said.

 

While Mingyu just evilly smirked at Jeonghan. "Good job. Now you've made him jealous. Very, very jealous."

 

"I didn't even see that coming." Inside, Jeonghan was very flustered, nervous, giddy and plain flattered at the same time. He had a wide grin stretching from ear to ear, and there were those hackneyed butterflies fluttering in his stomach.

 

Can it be that Seungcheol likes me now?

 

--

 

"And now you transpose x to the other side, and substitute this number to x."

 

They were in the library, reviewing for algebra, since Jeonghan was really weak at algebra and Seungcheol volunteered to teach him even this was off their tutoring schedules.

 

They were the only ones in the library, which made it easier for Seungcheol to teach but harder for Jeonghan to concentrate.

 

His mind was off sums and variables, it flew away the window to the thought of Seungcheol reprimanding the three unlucky lovers earlier, and how dominant he was.

 

"Yah. Are you even listening to me?" The older poked Jeonghan in the forehead with the tip of a pencil (not the sharp one with lead but the one with an eraser on it).

 

"You were discussing about polygons. Right?"

 

Seungcheol shook his head in disdain. "That was way, way back in the first quarter. I was talking about algebra here."

 

"Oh." Was all Jeonghan could say as his mind ventured off to Seungcheol's weary yet very distracting appearance.

 

"Yoon Jeonghan! Focus! Or else I will give you a punishment that you definitely won't like." The black-haired boy smirked at him, sending chills down the other's spine.

 

"How do you know if I don't like it if you haven't tried it on me yet?" Was Jeonghan's witty comeback.

 

"Because I guarantee, your whole body will be sore after my punishment." Seungcheol stated, spinning the pencil between his fingers.

 

"Aaah! You ert!" Jeonghan slapped him on one of his cheeks. "You plan to penetrate me, don't you?! You shooed away the others because you plan to me alone!"

 

The old librarian looked suspiciously at them before shushing them. "Boys, this is not a hotel. But it's okay since I'm a big JeongCheol shipper and I ship you two so hard! Aaah, now that I've said it, I can finally rest in peace."

 

The unlikely couple just blushed to the max at the old lady's very disturbing words.

 

JeongCheol? Jeonghan smiled at nothing. Is that what everyone calls me and hyung? Omo it's so cuteee! Jisoos bless this old woman!

 

"We are not doing 'that', and we are definitely not what you call 'JeongCheol', old woman. Ugh, just being together with him irks me, what more combining our names?"

 

Seungcheol glared at Jeonghan while gently rubbing his cheek to soothe the pain. "You always jump to conclusions. I was going to say that as a punishment, you have to clean our dorm for a whole week. Aish, you also have a naughty mind, haven't you?"

 

This made Jeonghan blush hard, because his naughty side only surfaces when he's with Seungcheol. And ever since he was the guy wearing nothing but a fcking Pororo towel, he has to admit that he finds Seungcheol the epitome of iness.

 

"No I don't." Jeonghan looked away, refusing to share eye contact with the other.

 

"Don't worry. I don't lust over you like they do. Because I don't even find you attractive."

 

"They why did you act all jealous earlier, when you scolded Seokmin, Wonwoo, and even Dino?"

 

"Because I hate those kind of people. No... not hate. I abhor them."

 

"Why?"

 

"Long story." Seungcheol just shrugged the issue off. "Anyway, let's continue reviewing for algebra. It's only thirty minutes before my next subject."

 

"Okay." Jeonghan desperately wanted to know every detail of Seungcheol's "long story", but if he doesn't want to tell it, then it's fine. It might be a part of Seungcheol's past that he hasn't researched about.

 

"Oh, and don't even dare to search me again on the net. Because it's not there." The older one easily read what was going on in Jeonghan's mind, causing the other to pout.

 

"I told you, don't pout."

 

Jeonghan pouted more. He wants to see his tutor's reaction towards his irresistibly cute pouts.

 

"Fine. Pout all you want. I'm done teaching you." Seungcheol stood up and gathered all his books and his pencil case.

 

Jeonghan was disappointed. He wasn't expecting this to happen either. Why is Seungcheol so unpredictable in every situation?! Why is it so hard to read him? Jeonghan just didn't understand anything about his roommate.

 

"I was just teasing you, Seungcheol."

 

The other turned to him with a skeptical look on his face. "Okay. One last warning before you fail in algebra." Seungcheol slid into his previous seat beside Jeonghan with slight hesitation. Once he saw that the younger was indeed dead serious now, he became less worried.

 

"Don't make tutoring hard for me, Jeonghan. You didn't even do your part in the morning." The older frowned.

 

"What should I do to you this morning?"

 

"Aigoo. You didn't even bother to wake me up! So as usual I came in late for class and I'm clearly one step away from being suspended." Seungcheol sounded somehow depressed about what happened this morning.

 

"Where were you last night? You slept late, huh? I didn't see you last night! Look at you, your haggard face gives you away. You came home late yesterday right? And we were supposed to sleep at the same time! And don't even tell me that I didn't bother to wake you up, because I did!"

 

"My whereabouts are not your business. And if you really woke me up, I should have be awake by the time you were preparing breakfast! But I slept in until the first subject!"

 

"What the heck are you saying?" Jeonghan suddenly stood up from his seat in confusion. "I did everything to wake you up, Mr. Choi! I played my favorite song Mansae full blast in the speaker system, jumped on your bed, tried hitting you with a pillow, tickled you to death, poured a bucket of cold water on your face until your lips went numb, but you didn't even wake up! And now you're accusing me of not doing my part?"

 

Seungcheol has nothing to say at the moment. That's why I woke up with the bed dripping wet. Thank goodness I really thought I peed on my bed!

 

So as usual, the librarian broke the deafening silence. 

 

"Look at you two. Fighting like an old couple. How cute! JeongCheol is real!" She whipped out her phone and began to take pictures of the two of them, mumbling about how she's going to show it to everyone and posting the pictures on Twitter.

 

"We need to get out of this crazy ." Seungcheol said, not wanting to deal with the ridiculous librarian anymore and Jeonghan nodded.

 

After they gathered all their belongings, Seungcheol motioned for Jeonghan to walk faster.

 

"Wait!" Jeonghan exclaimed, trying to balance all the books he has in his hands.

 

"Aish. Look at you. One more step and you'll probably lose your balance." The older put on a sarcastic tight-lipped smile and got half of the books Jeonghan was carrying.

 

"Thank you." He breathed out.

 

"No problem. Now let's go!" Seungcheol gently grabbed Jeonghan's free hand and the two started to walk briskly, wanting to get out of the library as soon as possible.

 

Jeonghan was in a flurry of mixed emotions. Seungcheol was holding his hand! Suddenly the burden of carrying a lot of books wasn't a burden anymore. And the way he held it was so gentle that he was afraid to tighten the grip, as if Jeonghan was a fragile, porcelain doll.

 

Once they were out of the library, the silver-haired beauty unconsciously squeezed Seungcheol's warm hand in return. The latter turned to him and said:

 

"Promise me we'll never hold our tutoring sessions in that cursed library ever again. Okay?"

 

Jeonghan smiled and giggled cutely, it was enough to qualify as an aegyo. "Okay."

 

Then Seungcheol looked down on their hands, and for the first time he smiled back rather secretly.

 

--

A/N:

 

Who wants to have diabetes because of JeongCheol fluff?

 

/shouts/ not me! I don't want to die yet! Hahaha

 

QOTD: Which version of Mansae is your favorite?

 

Mine is part switch version! Firstly because there were no girls included (except for Jeonghan, joke)! Not that I hate girls in mv's, but I usually want mv's to just focus on the group and not have many extras. And secondly there were a lot of GyuHan (mingyu x jeonghan) moments OMG I ship them too :">