o n e

Steal My Heart 《정철》

"Goodbye, Lee Jihoon." Jeonghan silently muttered as he opened the door of their shared dorm room. "You know I'm doing this for my own poor yet fabulous sake, right?"

 

Today is the day he fears the most. Because today, he's going to move in with Mr. Choi.

 

He didn't tell anyone, of course. He might die telling.

 

"You son of a b...beagle! I told you to study more and look at you now! Slipping into the deepest part of hell with that devilishly intellectual Seungcheol!" 

 

He could almost hear Jihoon's small voice scold him for being too lazy. Too bad the other had left for an intense choir practice and Jeonghan didn't want to excuse him for something as petty as his departure.

 

"Well you're just saying that because you're jealous of him." Jeonghan replied to Jihoon's empty but crinkled bed.

 

His dorm mate was always top 1 in the university but when Seungcheol enrolled, all his dreams of being valedictorian were shattered.

 

Apparently.

 

Jeonghan might have done too much research on this mysterious Mr. Choi. He already knows everything from the grades the boy receives down to the names of his family members and extended  family members from the 1st generation.

 

It's very normal to research about Choi Seungcheol, right? I mean, won't you know your future room mate more? And what if he snores or something... I still haven't done research on that. Jeonghan thought.

 

"Jihoon, you're so lucky you won't have a room mate who's a creepy guy who barely attends class." Jeonghan told the empty bed once more.

 

"Who are you talking to?"

 

A deep voice startled Jeonghan from vocally spacing out and he suddenly jumped in surprise, his fabulous hair flipping against the other guy's face.

 

"Sorry!" Jeonghan exclaimed, raking his hands through his hair.

 

"Mmm... strawberry."

 

"Oh, Wonwoo. It's just you." Jeon Wonwoo is just another creepy guy who likes to stare at Jeonghan with his sharp eyes. A lot.

 

And also, Wonwoo fancies Jeonghan. A lot.

 

"Who do you expect it to be, Beautiful?" Wonwoo smirked in a y way and leaned down to touch Jeonghan's hands.

 

The older just shied away from his touch. He hated scenarios with Wonwoo. Just those eyes of the man give him shivers! How could they be so damn sharp?!

 

"Relax, Beautiful. I'm just going to help you carry your duffel bag. A boy as pretty as you shouldn't be tiring himself, right?" Wonwoo chuckled in a deep voice.

 

Jeonghan mentally cringed. Just go to Mingyu, you idiot! Don't you notice that he likes you a lot?!

 

"Yeah... thanks? If you insist?" He awkwardly replied, not sharing eyes contact with the man. Wonwoo was totally invading Jeonghan's personal bubble right now, which made it more awkward.

 

"Anything for my precious."

 

"He's MY precious!" Someone magically appeared between the two of them and pushed Wonwoo away from the very flustered Jeonghan.

 

"Seokmin? How come you're also here?" Jeonghan asked and Seokmin smiled his famous 100-watt smile.

 

"I wanted to help you transfer to Seungcheol's room. I know that someome like you must have a lot of hair products and they weight like a ton, so I'm going to help." Seokmin told him while Wonwoo was practically staring daggers at the guy.

 

"WHAT?!" Jeonghan yelled and mussed up his hair like last time. "HOW DID YOU KNOW?!"

 

"How did I know that you use a lot of hair products? Well, It's kind of obvious because you have long-"

 

"No, stupid!" Jeonghan slapped the back of Seokmin's head. "How did you know that I'm transferring to Seungcheol's room?!"

 

"The whole university knows. Technically, the whole university knows everything about you, Jeonghan." Another man appeared outside the room. 

 

"I can totally relate to you guys." The guy, Dino, interrupted. Then he patted Seokmin's and Wonwoo's shoulders. "Choi Seungcheol, whoever he is, must be lucky."

 

"Very, very lucky." Both Wonwoo and Seokmin admitted, sighing as the image of Seungcheol possibly sleeping beside Jeonghan was etched in their minds. Plus the idea of Seungcheol getting to hear Jeonghan's beautiful and y morning voice. All the ideas just torment them and make them feel jealous.

 

"But do not fear, my dude in distress!" Dino placed an arm around Jeonghan's shoulders, and the latter forcibly pushed him away. Dino didn't mind it and just blabbered away.

 

"I will protect you with all my might."

 

Meanwhile Wonwoo and Seokmin just burst out in laughter at Dino's promise. Plus the fact that he sounded so serious and dedicated.

 

"How could you protect a guy who's taller than you?" Seokmin laughed out loud in Dino's face.

 

"Well excuuuse me!" Dino stood on his tippy toes and playfully punched Seokmin. "Height isn't a problem to me, as long as I love Yoon Jeonghan!"

 

"Guys, this is already getting stale. Why don't we just go to Room 701 so I could peacefully sleep after all these hours of packing up?" Jeonghan prodded his three admirers, who immediately nodded in return.

 

"We're terribly sorry, your beautiful-ness! We didn't remember that you still need to get your beauty sleep. Now let's go to Room 701!" Dino commanded them and grabbed one duffel bag of Jeonghan. Seokmin grabbed the last one, until finally Jeonghan's sore hands were free of the heavy luggage.

 

--

 

The foursome arrived in front of Seungcheol's room. Jeonghan was already having sweaty hands because of intense nervousness. Who could not get nervous when you're just a dumb guy rooming with a great prodigy?

 

"Babe, you're already sweating." Wonwoo noticed and took out his polka-dotted handkerchief to wipe Jeonghan's glistening forehead.

 

"Don't 'babe' me!" Jeonghan spanked his arm in disgust. "Call Mingyu babe instead..."

 

"What?"

 

Shoot, Jeonghan. He almost spilled his best friend Mingyu's most precious secret! Good thing Wonwoo's as deaf as a wall or else he's going to die soon.

 

"Nothing, I just remembered that my BFF Mingyu likes the movie Babe. You know, the pig."

 

"Pigs are disgusting." Wonwoo cringed and Jeonghan just narrowed his eyes at the taller guy.

 

"Hey, Jeonghan. Are you okay?" Seokmin asked.

 

The long-haired boy just hummed in response.

 

"You sure? Dino's gonna ring the doorbell now."

 

"I am!" He shouted louder to boost up his confidence. You can do it, Yoon Jeonghan! Remember, you are the ultimate bae. And nobody could resist you. Not even Mr. Choi Seungcheol.

 

"You finally arrived." The door opened to reveal Seungcheol himself, still wearing school uniform. He was holding an English book and Jeonghan was pretty sure it is an encyclopedia.

 

How nerdy, Jeonghan almost said that out loud.

 

"You are Choi Seungcheol?" Dino asked and the three admirers of Jeonghan instantly went berserk.

 

"Don't ever like Jeonghan or else you will face my wrath!" -Seokmin

 

"Don't ever or abuse or bully Jeonghan or else I will hunt you down and kill you!" -Dino

 

"Don't ever touch my Jeonghan's hair. Nor smell it. Or else I will torment you. Forever." Wonwoo clutched Seungcheol's uniform collar and almost raised him above the ground.

 

"Chill, dude. I will never dream of wanting your Jeonghan's hair." Seungcheol calmly said. "If I were him, I'd rather donate it to someone who makes wigs for cancer patients."

 

"Jeon Wonwoo! Let go of him! Right now!" A deep voice shouted.

 

Wonwoo hesitated to look in the direction of the voice. But when he did, he regretted it.

 

"What did coach tell us about using boxing only for self defense and not for threatening other people?! You nasty, disrespectful boy! Show some respect to the most intelligent student in school!"

 

"But Mingyu..." Wonwoo whined, not wanting to let go of Seungcheol.

 

"We're going to talk. And I mean, right now!" Kim Mingyu pinched Wonwoo in the ear and dragged him away from the unnaturally calm Seungcheol.

 

"Bye Jeonghan! Take care! If ever that Seungcheol beats you up, I'm always here if you need me as a boydguard!" Were Wonwoo's last words.

 

"I wonder what kind of talk that would be..." Seokmin smirked and nudged Dino, and they both exchanged naughty glances.

 

"Uh, guys. It's getting late now. You can go back to your dorms and rest. Thanks for helping me!" Jeonghan cheerfully said, to divert his attention from Seungcheol who was creepily staring at him like there's no tomorrow.

 

"You're always welcome, our one and only ethereal beauty." Seokmin and Dino bowed down to Jeonghan as a sign of respect. After that, they literally growled at Seungcheol like a pack of wolves ready to devour their prey. 

 

"The Jeonghan Lovers Club will always keep an eye at you, Choi Seungcheol." And after that, they marched away.

 

Seungcheol and Jeonghan didn't speak a word until the duo was out of sight.

 

"Some lovers you've got there." Seungcheol said. "Ethereal beauty? They must be very blind."

 

"Excuse me?!" Jeonghan was shocked at his new roommate's rude comment. "It's not my fault I'm this hot!"

 

And I thought you would be nice to me because you smiled at me during our first meeting... but that was just because Joonmyeon was there!  Jeonghan bitterly sighed.

 

"Where? Which part of your body can be qualified as hot?" The older looked at him from head to toe and Jeonghan swore he almost melted at Seungcheol's intense gaze. "I don't see anything that's hot about you."

 

"Then you're the one having a problem with eyesight."

 

Jeonghan was proud of himself because Seungcheol didn't prepare a witty comeback for this one. He just stayed silent for a while.

 

"My vision is perfect. They must have very low standards, then. But anyway, come in."

 

Seungcheol widely opened the door for Jeonghan to enter with all his belongings.

 

The younger boy gasped in awe as he slowly took in the full view of their room. Jeonghan would really look good together with the view because everything is beautiful in here. Well, Seungcheol's attitude an exception.

 

"What? You're not gonna help me?" Jeonghan looked at the other who was just standing by the door with his arms folded and an overconfident look was adorning his face, while the long-haired boy struggled as he tried to carry all three duffel bags at once.

 

"It's not my fault you decided to buy the whole shopping mall, Yoon Jeonghan."

 

"You're really something else, aren't you?! I can see why you don't have anyone as a friend and you prefer to live alone!"

 

"My, my." Seungcheol closed the door as soon as Jeonghan was fully inside along with his numerous duffel bags. "Looks like someone has done a detailed research about me."

 

At this snarky remark, Jeonghan automatically blushed. "N-no! It's not what you think!"

 

Him and his big fat mouth.

 

"I have nothing left to think about, Yoon Jeonghan. If you're interested in me, you should have said so. I can live with a straightforward roommate."

 

"I don't like you! Why should I like someone as mean and as cold as you?! I'm not that dumb to like you, you know!"

 

"Good. Because we are here in this university to study first and postpone relationships until we are able to graduate and find a stable job." Seungcheol told him. He picked up one big duffel bag from the floor and curiously opened it without asking permission from Jeonghan.

 

He was surprised by the amount of teddy bears, chocolates, roses and some wilted flowers, bouquets, letters, and other things inside the bag.

 

"Wow, you have so many gifts from your multiple suitors. Too bad they're going straight into the garbage can."

 

"WHAT?!"

 

"Rule number 1: Don't let your love life affect your studies."

 

"I beg to differ! Love life isn't my-"

 

"Anyways, I'll just hide this whole bag in some place that you would never think of. I'll just give them back to you if you show me your test with a big, fat 100 on it."

 

Jeonghan just pouted and sat down on one of the couches in the room.

 

"I'll definitely get back at you, Mr. Choi."

 

"Good luck on that." Seungcheol chuckled.

 

Oh, I WILL get back at you. Jeonghan thought. Nobody can resist me. Nobody can ever resist Yoon Jeonghan.

 

--

A/N:

 

OMG I GOT SO MUCH LOVE FROM JUST POSTING THE INTRO!!! How could I ever thank you guys *cries Han river*

 

I hope you like the 1st ever chapter! Honestly idk how it even went. Lmao.

 

QOTD (Question of the day): Who is/are your bias/es in Seventeen?

 

Mine are the 95 liners. Yeep, all of them ;)