Chapter Six: Giving Your Demon a Bath

Taming Your Demon- For Dummies

Warning: I didn't think it was enough for this chapter to be rated mature, but there is some mention of torture and drowning. Just be forewarned.

No, this was not happening again. Seungcheol rushed down to the basement, throwing the wardrobe door open; he found nothing. He then turned around in panic and made his way back upstairs. The only thing he could think to do right now was check everywhere Woozi could possibly be. He looked behind the couch, inside cupboards, the fridge? Nope. His heart was racing and his skin was slick with nervous sweat. For all he knew, Woozi had just run away. With a hood, he could probably hide his horns, and he could tuck his tail into his pants. He could be headed out to find someone competent enough to help him, or just getting away from Seungcheol in general; god knows he’d been itching to get out of this damn house. There was also the possibility of him being in trouble, though. Someone spotted him through a window and notified the police, or he attracted the attention of the wrong people and... No, Seungcheol needed to stop having thoughts like this.

There was no time to think about the ‘what if’s’ of the situation, he had to keep looking. Seungcheol threw pillows off the couch in a hopeless attempt. “Woozi!” Nothing, he was nowhere. Did he really run away or something?

He looked around, standing still for a moment to think, and breathing heavily to catch his breath.

At the sight of his bedroom door hanging open ever-so-slightly, Seungcheol darted towards it. He threw the door open and huffed as he searched around the room, which was... oddly clean. His eyes eventually landed on the familiar sight of pink hair, and he felt a weight being lifted from his chest in an single instant. Woozi was asleep, from the looks of it, lying haphazardly on his stomach across his unmade bed, with his stubby legs dangling from the edge of the mattress.

This kid, was he trying to give Seungcheol a heart attack? How did he even manage to fall asleep like this? He wasn’t exactly in the most comfortable position.

Seungcheol felt a smile tug at the corner of his lips nonetheless, as he leaned down. He lifted the demon up into his arms and maneuvered him into a more comfortable position, rolling him onto his back carefully.

With the chance to look upon his face, Seungcheol felt a lump catch in his throat; his breathing nearly stopped.

His eyes.

The usually soft and round peepers were eerily wide. The whites of his eyes were littered with irritated red veins, and the pink conjunctiva was swollen. The iris itself was the most shocking, though. What was once a chestnut brown, was now bright red, with flakes of orange and gold decorating a thin slit of a pupil; just like a cat or… a snake? Seungcheol found himself in a trance for a moment, staring into the demons glowing eyes, frozen in fear. The sight of a glimmer sliding down the boys pale cheeks shook him out of it, and Seungcheol quickly realized that Woozi was... crying?

Oh god, what was wrong with him?

He moved the demon so that his head was rested comfortably against the pillow before bolting out of the room and down to the basement. He snatched his trusty black-magic book from where it had been hidden, on a bookshelf in-between a few boring cook books, before making his way back to where Woozi was. He locked the door behind him for safe measure.

Based on everything so far, what was happening to Woozi was either some demon bull he wouldn’t understand, or black magic. Since Woozi had never happened to mention that he might become frozen, or that his eyes glowed red in some situations, he opted for the second option. He took a worried glance at the boys face, gulping, before opening the book. His best bet at this point would be to backtrack. He could read the symptoms of some spells and figure out if any of them matched his current situation. Woozi seemed to be awake, but he couldn’t move? Or maybe he really was asleep. He seemed to be in a tranquilized state, though, so he should look out for spells that prohibited movement, or something.

He flipped through the pages, skimming over words with a concerned expression. Army of imps, shapeshifting, puppeteer, para- Oh, this could be it!

Paralysis… will cause pain upon casting, but only physiological… temporary… will last depending on the ability of the magic user responsible… tricks the mind into complete bodily paralysis… This had to be it, right? Seungcheol flipped the page with a heavy heart. He wasn’t sure what he was going to do if the reversal spell turned out to be another foreign code. Seeing as it was all in Latin, he still had a bit of hope. He grabbed his Latin translation dictionary off the shelf and translated as little as he needed in order to understand what he needed to do.

To his relief- and from what he could understand- the spell was entirely mental. It tricked the victims mind into believing they were paralyzed through a bit of psychological torture. The trick to un-paralyzing him was to find a way to snap him out of his trance. He was still aware of everything, and his sense of touch was…

oh, thats it.

An idea popped into his head, and Seungcheol decided to take a shot in the dark on this one. If it worked, he could dub himself a genius later on.

Seungcheol sprinted into his bathroom and threw on the cold tap, which began to fill the bath tub heavily. He plugged the drain before going back into his room and swooping the limp demon up into his arms, carrying him and sitting beside the tub. He carefully stripped the boy of his clothes, leaving his boxers on for the sake of protecting the paralyzed demons last shred of dignity. Hopefully Woozi would forgive him for it just this once; he was trying to save his life, after all. He stuck his hand in water to check the temperature and clicked his tongue nervously.

It wasn’t cold enough.

With Woozi’s drooping head rested against his knees, Seungcheol held his palms over the water and muttered a quick incantation, which prompted thick ice crystals to dance across the surface of the rising liquid, before shattering and sinking to the bottom. The ice gleamed white as it melted and blended into the rest of the surrounding water. Once he felt satisfied with the results, Seungcheol hoisted Woozi’s light body over the surface and drew in a large breath. It was now or never.

He Pushed him under the water and felt his arms sting in the cold. The Bath water continued to run and the height of the daring liquid slowly reached the edge of the tub, but Seungcheol paid it no mind. He stared down at the dull red glow which shun through the muggy water and stared up at his own human eyes lifelessly. A few seconds passed and he saw no change in the demon, so he pulled him back up for air. The moment the demons mouth reached the surface, Seungcheol watched his chest rise and fall rapidly, but he remained limp. Seungcheol swiped a thumb comfortingly across the demons cheek, before submerging him again.

Jihoon stared up through the muggy water. Strong hands held him in this cold ocean, and a looming figure towered over him. He felt his lungs stinging and his whole body felt numb with cold, yet he couldn’t find it in himself to care. Just a moment ago he had been praying to a god he despised and begging to die, just to escape the pain. How long had he been trapped like that? Stuck with the feeling of volcanic iron being pushed into his flesh and melting his insides. An hour? Two?

At some point he had pushed his way into the deepest section of his subconscious to ignore the pain, and in the process he supposed he had lost track of time. At least the pain had faded, though, replaced with a tingly stinging sensation brought on by the sub-zero ocean he was currently being drowned in, and a morbid feeling of emptiness in his gut. He felt strong hands grip tightly at his waist and neck to pull him up, forcing him to choke in a couple more painful gulps of air. The water stung his eyes and blurred his vision; he only saw the figure of a man shaking the living daylights out of him and screaming incoherently.

Why did they sound so worried? Why worry over someone like him? Jihoon couldn’t blink, and therefore his vision remained unclear. He watched a limb rise and come towards him quickly. His cheeks stung red.

Seungcheol slapped Woozi again for good measure, shook him a little, called his name; it was all pointless. Woozi’s red eyes stared up wide and lifeless, and his body remained limp. Seungcheol bit his cheek before pushing the demon back under.

Jihoon drew in a sharp breath as he felt hands moving him under the water once again. Bubbles rose from his parted lips and he felt his brain rattle as he crashed to the bottom of the water, against the hard… bottom? Was he in a bathtub? He stared and waited, but the human kept him under. He was going to die, wasn’t he? But why would this person kill him when it seemed like they were worried? Jihoon’s brain pounded into a headache as he tried to wrap his mind around it. As he pondered, he felt his heart thudding in his chest, and a realization hit him much harder than the cold water.

He didn’t want to die. At this point it seemed he had lost interest in a lot of things, but he was certain that he needed to live. For some strange reason, he knew that dying now would be a mistake.

Obviously there wasn’t much time until he lost consciousness from lack of oxygen, so he needed to act fast. He needed to move. He started with his eyes, concentrating hard with what little energy he had left until he could blink; slowly at first, but his control increased rapidly. He attempted his limps next, squinting until he felt his toes and fingers wiggle numbly, and then, he bent his legs. His lungs twitched in his chest as he watched his vision fog over in grey blotches. Once he had the use of his arms, he made one final attempt to get up, and pushed against the arms holding him under.

Seungcheol felt small hands pushing against his wrist, which were shivering against the hold he had under the icy water, and quickly moved to pull Woozi out. The moment the demons mouth reached the surface, he lurched and coughed out the water in his lungs, before gasping air in desperately. Seungcheol patted his back in an attempt to aid his choking, feeling the color return to his face with relief. He hoisted the demon up into his arms after the boy managed to control his breathing once again, and wrapped his shivering frame with a fluffy towel, staring into his face with worry. The red in his eyes began to dull and faded back to a soft brown. Seungcheol assumed that meant he was going to be okay for now, and smiled in relief.

Jihoon blinked away the water in his eyes and coughed his lungs out. When he finally managed to clear his vision, he whipped up to identify the unknown person from before.

Seungcheol?... Seungcheol had been the one drowning him? Jihoon sat shocked for a moment, staring up at the man, unable to decide whether he was his savior or not.

“Hey, are you okay? You scared the out of me.” Seungcheol rested his palm against Woozi’s cheek with worry; it was cold to the touch. “What happened?”

Jihoon opened his mouth to speak, to explain. Obviously someone had put him under a spell. Two spells, if he was correct. Based on all that he had expirienced, the first one must have been to paralyze him, and the second did something… else. He wasn’t sure what, but the point was that the magic user probably hadn’t been aiming for him, unless his identity had been blown. He opened his mouth to warn him, but Instead the words twisting around his tongue were not his own.

“I’m fine.”

Seungcheol raised an eyebrow at the trembling boy, whose lips had turned an eerie shade of periwinkle-blue. “Are you sure? Do you remember anything? Like… how the hell you managed to get yourself paralyzed?” He chuckled sarcastically, expecting to get hit, but Woozi’s face remained strangely complacent. The Demon simply shook his head in response.

Okay, so maybe Seungcheol shouldn’t be relieved just yet. He considered interrogating him more, but seeing the poor thing shake like a Chihuahua didn’t exactly fuel his detective instincts. Not to mention it was getting a little uncomfortable to be kneeling in a puddle like this. The water was soaking into his sweatpants.. “Come on, let’s get you dry… and clothed.”

He stood up and shut off the tap, which was spilling all over his nice bathroom floor, not forgetting to pull the drain as well. He offered Woozi a helping hand, which the demon took immediately. Seungcheol felt his heart thump a tad faster as he helped him up and led the demon into his bedroom by the hand, just like Jeonghan had done before.

“Get yourself dry, I’ll go get you a change of clothes.”

Woozi nodded stoically, and Seungcheol offered a worried glance before leaving the room. As he rummaged through the shopping bags, he felt himself growing frustrated. Technically this whole emotionless, submissive façade could just be trauma from being paralyzed for god knows how long, but Seungcheol couldn’t help the nagging feeling in his gut that suggested otherwise. He pulled a light blue sweater and a pair of white sweats, plus a change of fresh underwear out of the bags. Anything Seungcheol deemed dry and warm to make up for his little ice bath trick.

He came back into the room with the clothes bundled in his arms, and kneeled before Woozi. The helpless thing was still shaking with a towel wrapped around his shoulders, his hair dripping wet. Seungcheol smiled endearingly and moved to help him. “You’ll catch a cold if you don’t dry your hair, shorty.”

He ruffled the pink strands with the towel, his brief smile fading when Woozi, well… He did nothing. He just sat there. Usually calling him short would get a swear-filled rant in the least. Seungcheol never thought he would say this, but he kind of missed the foul-spoken, violent demon he’d grown accustomed to.

Seungcheol averted his gaze towards a wall as he dried the rest of the demons body, feeling slightly flushed. There was no way the usual Woozi would ever let him do something like this. When Seungcheol felt satisfied with his work, his eyes flickered down to the soaked boxers, nervously gulping.

“You can change yourself… right?”

Woozi nodded and immediately moved his hands down to remove his wet clothes. He managed to expose a hip-bone before Seungcheol fumbled to stop him; slapping his hands down on the demon's arms in a flustered panic.

“Wait until I turn round first, Jesus!” Seungcheol stood up and whipped around to face a wall. He felt himself flush bright red, his chest humping wildly. This new Woozi was proving to be much more dangerous than the usual one. “Just… tell me when you’re done, okay?”

Woozi removed his damp boxers and changed into the fresh set of clothing set out for him. He felt an uncontrollable fear persist as he did. Not because Seungcheol was acting more erted than usual... but because he didn’t respond to it. Actually, it was more like he couldn’t.

The demon stood behind Seungcheol and smoothed out his sweater before speaking. “I’m done.”

Seungcheol peaked around to make sure before turning around completely. He was relieved to see that Woozi wasn’t , and even more relieved to see that he looked adorable in his new clothing. Seungcheol felt just a little proud knowing he was the one who had picked them out... but he also supposed that someone who looked like Woozi would look cute in anything. He ruffled the demons hair lovingly, which would usually prompt a death glare. Seungcheol frowned when the only response he received was an emotionless gaze.

“Woozi, you have to talk to me. What the hell happened to you?

Something was wrong, something was incredibly terribly wrong with him. Every time Jihoon went to move, or speak, or punch Seungcheol in his dumb erted face, he felt… scared. Was this the result of the second spell? This dumb state of permanently submissive, and cowardly? It was frustrating, incredibly so, but Jihoon couldn’t bring himself to do anything about it. When he thought about retaliating his mind would shoot back to images of fire against his skin and it made the hair on his neck stand on-end. Instead of doing anything, he simply stared into Seungcheol’s stupid worried face and bit his tongue.

Seungcheol sighed. He supposed he wasn’t going to get anything out of him now. “Don’t worry about it…. I’ll figure something out, I’ll fix you. Just tell me if you remember anything, okay?”

Woozi nodded. He supposed he could promise that, though he doubted he’d be able to say anything if the topic arose again. Seungcheol turned away from the demon and sneezed somewhere in the opposite direction. He cringed. “Ugh. Hey, could you grab me some-?” He sniffed, catching sight of a pink head scampering into the bathroom with lightening speed. “Woozi?”

Woozi returned holding a box of Kleenex, and Seungcheol took a few to clean himself up. He smiled in confusion. “Uh… thanks?” He moved to throw the tissues away and felt the dampness on the knees of his pants creating uncomfortable friction against his skin. He might as well dry himself up; he couldn’t let himself catch a cold now, of all times. “Woozi, can you-“

Seungcheol’s eyes widened when Woozi moved forward before he could finish his sentence, His hands fumbling with the drawstring on his sweats.

“God, no!”

He held the demon back quickly, who looked up at him without so much as a sign of embarrassment.

“I was going to ask you to leave the room so I could change!” Woozi nodded, not a hint of shame on his face, and walked calmly out of the room. Once the door clicked shut, Seungcheol sat on the edge of the bed and tugged at the collar of his tank top, his face flushed.

He needed to fix whatever the hell was going on with Woozi, and fast. He wasn’t sure how much more he could take of this.

He changed out of his wet clothes and into a simple t-shirt and another pair of clean sweats.. When he walked out of the room, he jumped. Woozi was standing on the other side of the door silently, staring forward. “Jesus, don’t do that!”

Woozi looked up at him curiously. “Don’t do what?”

“Stand there like that! Go sit down, act normal! This whole thing is starting to creep me out.” Woozi nodded and did as he was told, sitting down on the floor. Seungcheol ran a hand down his face in exasperation. “On a chair, or a couch… Please.”

He sighed in relief as Woozi sat down on the couch instead, and moved to join him; falling onto his armchair in exhaustion. This behavior… it couldn’t be another black magic spell, could it? Obviously it was possible that Woozi was simply traumatized, and he would get better with time, but the possibility of a curse was way too possible for Seungcheol to ignore.

Hell, what problem these days didn’t relate to magic?

Seungcheol looked to Woozi with a determined expression. He should confirm it first, just to make sure. Woozi’s personality seemed to have taken a complete 180 degree turn since the last time he talked to him. He was emotionless, passive, and seemed to follow orders well… “Hey Woozi, come here.”

Woozi stood from where he was sitting and came towards Seungcheol, standing just in front of him.

“Uh… jump three times” Woozi began to jump as he was told, his face completely stoic, and Seungcheol almost chuckled at the sight... but, now was not a laughing matter.

Okay, so he seemed to do everything he was told… but before, he didn’t really seem willing to talk. Could he only follow physical instructions? “Woozi, are you under a spell?”

Jihoon felt his heart thudding in his chest. Every ounce of him wanted to scream yes, but instead, his worthless ing meat-suit stood and did absolutely nothing. What was the use of having a mouth when he couldn’t use it to say anything of importance?

Okay so it’s obvious he isn’t going to answer anything about what was happening to himself now, but maybe that was just an exception. What was something he could ask, which Woozi would refuse to answer with every ounce of his tiny demon body in regular situations? He was an impersonal little , and he didn’t seem to be too fond of talking about himself unless it was in exchange for food so… maybe something about his family? He had been curious about them anyway, so this was a good chance. “So Woozi, tell me… Uh, what does your dad look like? He was a naga-something or another- can you explain it a bit?”

Oh please, really Seungcheol? Jihoon willed his useless arms to move and strangle the human, but a pounding fear rattled in his brain and his knees began to shake at the thought. Instead he swallowed his pride and began to explain. Seungcheol could have asked him anything, so why the hell did he have to bring up his family?

“My father is a rare mix of demons. Naga’s are a category of demon species involving any mix involving reptilian characteristics. The lamia- one of the most popular breeds- are a mix that is generally half human traits and half snake. On the other hand, a Kasha is an ancient breed of demon, popularly characterized as a giant flaming feline. Because of the animalistic tendencies of the two breeds it is extremely rare for there to be a mix of them. Snakes and Cats just generally don’t mate. My grandparents were a rare exception to this rule, though. My father was born a perfect split between the two, and has the upper body of a flaming black cat, and the lower body of a rattle snake. His tail is long and winding, and his scales are various shades of browns and reds tattering off into a black and white rattled tip. The upper half of his tail fades out as the scales and rough skin are replaced with long ebony fur. His eyes are red and gold and his flames surround the area around his face like a lions mane. For the sake of practicality, he uses his magic and camouflage ability to appear partially human most of the time, though.”

Seungcheol gulped, looking the pink haired demon up-and-down. This little thing came from the genes of a monster like that? He hadn’t really expected that level of detail, and at this point he was praying silently that father dearest didn’t pay them a visit any time soon. Obviously his suspicions were confirmed, but Seungcheol felt his curiosity growing by the second. It that’s what his dad was like, what the hell did his mother look like? “What about your mom?”

Jihoon felt his eye twitch, but he knew trying to fight this was useless. It was ironic; he really was just a slave now, wasn’t he? “My mother is the result of a Succubus crossed with a necromancer. Traditionally, Succubus’s are to appear fully human, with the exception of a trademark demonic trait such as horns or a tail. My mother is genetically designed to fit human standards of beautiful. She’s thin and tall, with long slender limbs, graceful and demure. Her lips are full, her nose is pointed, and her eyes are large and bright. Her hair is long and black, a bit wavy. Necromancers, on the other hand, don’t have a set appearance, but pure necromancers are rumored to be completely skeleton. In order her to be part necromancer, she is required to be partially dead. Her partial deadness gives her the ability to control the souls of the damned like Necromancers are known for. Because of this, her entire chest cavity is rotted. She has little skin and muscled in her upper torso, and her bones are the only thing that keeps her organs from floating out of the space within her chest. There are some other small areas where the rot of her necrobiosis is visible, but she covers it all up with a cloak so it’s hardly noticeable. She also has horns much like my own, just a lot taller.”

Seungcheol couldn’t decide whether to find her attractive or monstrous, but either way he was terrified. His opinion about the family reunion still stood strong... And he still couldn’t believe that Woozi was related to either of them. “Okay, that’s enough.”

So now he knew for sure that this couldn’t just be some post-paralysis trauma. The only problem now was figuring out what spell had been used against him; and whether or not that spell could be reversed. Seungcheol wasn’t sure what he was going to do if the spell turned out to be permanent, but that was a worry for another day.

“Sit down and wait here.” He patted Woozi on the shoulder and smiled encouragingly; the demon simply nodded in response. He might as well test out his latest method of decoding spells again. He’d just have to backtrack.

Seungcheol took the spell book from his room and brought it back into the living room, sitting back down in his armchair. Woozi had followed his order, and was now sitting. Thankfully not on the floor, this time. The symptoms this time around were pretty straight forward. Suddenly good at following orders, complete change in personality, submissive behavior, and completely boring. He read through the spells slowly, reading though them with a concentrated expression.

His studying came to halt when the doorbell rang.

Seungcheol panicked a bit, throwing the book down on his chair as he stood up. He looked towards the door, and then back to his illegal demon with a frown.

Leaning down and placing a hand on Woozi’s shoulder, Seungcheol spoke seriously. “Listen, Woozi. Focus. Just because you’re not yourself right now doesn’t mean you’re not still very much illegal, and very much a secret. Go into my room and stay there unless I say otherwise, okay? Nobody can know that I’m hiding a demon in my house.”

“Okay.”

Without another word, Woozi stood up, and shut himself away in Seungcheol’s room.

He took a deep breath to compose himself before opening the door, and attempted to smile casually at the sight of his daily dose of sunshine, standing on his door-step.

“Hey, Coups!” Seokmin smiled widely from behind a stack of pizza boxes”

“Oh, Seokmin.” He chucked lightly, relieved to see that it wasn’t the police. “What are you doing here?”

With that, Seokmin’s smile dropped in disappointment. “Huh, are you serious? The game came out today, Coups! You know, freeskate 6? We’ve been waiting for it to be released forever, and you said that when it did we’d hang out and play.” The boy struggled with his pizza boxes and pulled a game case out of his back pocket. “Did you really forget?”

“No! Okay maybe… but, uh..” God Seungcheol really needed to go see a doctor about his forgetfulness. Though he supposed having to deal with the he’d gone through the past couple of days would make anyone a little bit amnesiac. He considered turning Seokmin away, knowing fully well that inviting anyone in at this point in time wouldn’t be the best idea... But seeing Seokmin with any expression that wasn’t 100% happy was hard, plus he had really been looking forward to trying out that game.

He sighed, moving to the side. “Come in, let’s set this puppy up.”

Seokmin beamed and made his way into the living room to set his pizza boxes down, before getting straight to work on setting up the game. Seungcheol stumbled forwards at the sight of his black magic book lying blatantly open on his armchair, and panicked to hide it before Seokmin could turn around. He managed to shove it under the couch just in time.

“Do you want to be first player or second player?”

“Doesn’t matter to me.” He faked a casual look and propped his leg over the coffee table.

Seokmin laughed. “Second player it is, then.”

Seungcheol took the controller offered to him and sat back in his chair, not forgetting to swipe a piece of pizza as well.

The game started casually with a little bit of dialogue back-story, giving them the chance to talk before things got heated. Seokmin cleared his throat awkwardly before speaking up.

“So, Seungcheol… what’s been up with you lately? You seem distant.”

Seungcheol swallowed. “Nothing, I’m good. Just a little stressed lately, don’t worry about it.”

“Is it school, or family? You know that if you’re ever having trouble with school you can tell me. I’m happy to tutor you.”

“Thanks Seokmin, but it’s okay. I’m the hyung, you shouldn’t be trying to take care of me like this.”

He chuckled, eyes glued on the screen with a solemn expression. “Yeah I guess so…” Seungcheol paid his attention back on the dialogue for a moment. “By the way, are you feeling better?”

“Huh?”

“You seemed really sick the past couple days. Like not even normal sick, too. You looked like you had lost every ounce of blood in your body, seriously, and you kept coughing up a storm during class. What the hell happened?”

Seungcheol bit his cheek nervously. “I just strained myself too much, I guess… I had an accident while doing some homework and ended up a bit sickly because of it. It’s nothing to worry about, though. Jeonghan’s healing magic is no joke; I’m perfectly healthy again.” Seungcheol posed and showed off his biceps for emphasis.

 Seokmin chuckled. “As long as you’re sure you’re fine… everyone’s been really worried.”

“tssk… tell them to stop worrying. I’m an old man, I can take care of myself.”

The both of them laughed, and Seungcheol felt the stress of today seeping away. Leave it up to Seokmin to make him feel relaxed when his entire life was turning to .

Their conversation’s quickly escalated into cursed yelling as the game progressed. About 10 minutes in, Seungcheol pretty much felt ready to commit a murder. Anyone that ever said Video games didn’t make people feel violent had obviously never played freeskate 6.

“Ah, that was definitely cheating!”

“It’s not cheating if it’s a feature in the game, idiot!”

Seungcheol’s body swayed violently in whatever direction his character was going in, as if it would help him go faster. He was nearly falling off his chair in an attempt to catch up to Seokmin’s character at this point, and the other laughed at his unnecessary enthusiasm. He stayed far ahead with ease.

“Ah damn it, come over here you bastard!”

Jihoon was standing against the door, listening, and he heard those words all too clearly. That wasn’t an order meant for him, right? Seungcheol wasn’t asking him to come. Despite that his skin felt hot and he sweated nervously. He couldn’t just ignore the fact that he heard that, but…

Seungcheol also had said that nobody could know he was a demon! So that should counter the order to come over there, right?

He moved over to Seungcheol’s drawer despite himself, and pulled out a large beanie. He used it to cover up his horns, which were thankfully small enough to not make a very obvious bump in the head-wear. Then he took his tail with a mind of its own in hand, and shoved it into the waist-band of his sweat pants. The tail curled around his leg instinctively and Jihoon tightened the drawstring of his pants for good measure. With that, he had no real reason to say no to Seungcheol. The thought of it made his legs quake.

He opened the door and walked out into the living room, watching as Seungcheol’s guest eyed him with a surprised expression.

Seungcheol grinned as he finally managed to catch up the Seokmin, cheering to himself. Until he realized that the other had stopped playing altogether, and looked over to him for answers. Seokmin’s eyes were wide.

“C-coups… you didn’t tell me you had a guest over…”

“Huh, what do you-“ Oh…. Seungcheol followed Seokmin’s gaze and copied his expression as he spotted Woozi standing innocently off to the side. “Oh that.. that’s, I mean…”

Seungcheol stuttered over his words, and couldn’t seem to find the right way to explain, and Seokmin noticed his suddenly nervous behavior with an expression he couldn’t identify.

He was so totally, completely, and utterly screwed.

A/N: Woah so you might have noticed that this chapter was really late. I promise I wasn't ignoring this story, something happened with my computer and I havn't been able to write for a while. It's fixed now though, so I'm going to try to get back to updating about once a week again. I've been thinking about writing some oneshots on the side too. To make up for the horrible cliffhanger I left everyone on, does anyone have any requests? Just write in the comments if you have a promt for a oneshot. Thanks for all the support!