Chapter three: What Do Demons Eat?

Taming Your Demon- For Dummies

It had to have been at least three hours before Seungcheol returned. Of course, when you’re shivering and lying uncomfortably against a wooden floor, cursing the universe, it would feel like it was a lot longer.

He twitched his head up and watched as the door flung open, and shut loudly. Footsteps trudged clumsily towards the bed; stumbling and crashing his foot against the wooden leg painfully.

“Ah, !” Seungcheol jumped up and down a little, and Jihoon furrowed his eyebrows at the odd behavior.

Seungcheol’s seemed to wobble from side-to-side blindly, until he finally found his way to the edge of the bed, practically falling onto it, and pulling himself under the blankets.

The springs in the matress above Jihoon’s head creaked at the new weight on top of it, and Jihoon watched the mattress shift as Seungcheol seemed to be getting comfortable. Had he forgotten about the poor, abused demon hiding under his bed on the cold floor, or was he just being an ? Jihoon scooted over just enough to peek up from underneath the bed, eyeing a stray hand hanging off the side, swaying like a pendulum.

The boy looked around the room, hearing nothing but the sound of Seungcheol’s obnoxiously loud breathing, and decided it would be safe to come out for a bit. He stood up and wiped the dust from his pants, before turning towards Seungcheol with a scowl.

This , was he asleep? Jihoon leaned into the boys face, feeling just a little betrayed at the sight. His cheeks were tinted red, and he had a goofy smile on his face as he snored out each deep breath. Jihoon shook him lightly, and leaned into his face to whisper.

“Seungcheol?...”

He backed his head away in disgust when Seungcheol breathed out a puff of hot air in Jihoon’s direction. His breath smelled bitter, like alcohol... Of-ing-course this bastard was drunk, he just had to get intoxicated enough to forget about Jihoon. No, this was not happening, there was no way he was sleeping on the floor. Jihoon shook him again, harder, slapping him against the face, just hard enough to get his attention. “Yah! Wake up, you !”

Seungcheol opened his eyes slightly, immediately recognizing the angry face above him. “Woozi?... wha-.. what are ya doin?”

He had the stupidest expression of innocence on his face, and Jihoon felt the need to punch it off of him.

“Did you seriously forget? God, why did I have to be bonded to such an imbecile?” Seungcheol watched drowsily as Woozi ran his hand through his pretty pink hair, sighing.  He chuckled, and Woozi shot him a dirty look.

“This isn’t funny, dip.”

“Is that your natural hair color?” He slurred.

This guy really was an idiot. Jihoon felt his last shred of hope fade away as Seungcheol stared at him with that same dumb expression, implying he was being serious about the question he’d just asked.

“You’re the first human I’ve met, but I honestly can’t understand how your species has survived all this time. Of course it’s not, . Does pink really seem like the kind of hair color you’d associate with a demon?”

Seungcheol shrugged. “I don’t know, you pull it off pre’y well.”

Jihoon looked away from the boys gaze, staring at a wall instead. “Not the point, dickhead, it’s just not a demonic color…” He pointed to his hair with a frown. “This was my father’s idea of a punishment. It’s magical and permanent, and I’ve tried everything I know to fix it, but it just won’t ing change back…”

Seungcheol grinned like the idiot he was proving himself to be. “It’s pretty, don’t change it.”

“Shut the up and bring me downstairs like you were supposed to in the first place. I never thought I would say this, but I’d rather sleep in that wardrobe again than on your cold- floor in here.” Jihoon felt his face heating up in embarrassment at Seungcheol’s comment, but ignored it for the sake of securing his safety.

The human seemed to look off to think for a moment, before closing his eyes and pouting like a child. “…’m too tired… not right now.” He pulled his blanket up further and began to doze off, while Jihoon shook him desperately.

“Seungcheol, are you ing serious? Weren’t you the one worrying over me being found a couple hours ago?” God, why do humans drink? It seems to drain them of any common-sense!... Not that they had much to start out with in the first place. “What am I supposed to do if you fall asleep?”

“Jus’ sleep here and be quiet, you're giv’n me a headache..” Jihoon yelped in shock when Seungcheol pulled him by the wrist onto the bed, the boy’s smaller frame flopping over Seungcheol’s stomach. He adjusted the startled demon around until he was lying under the blanket beside him, completely confused and utterly infuriated.

“What the fu- ah!” The intoxicated boy quieted him by pulling the demon into his chest, wrapping both arms around the smaller boy tightly. Jihoon seemed to freeze in shock; staring wide-eyed at Seungcheol, who was already drifting back to sleep. “S-Seungcheol, I..” He struggled, but apparently drunken and sleepy, this human had an iron grip. It was useless. “What if your roommate walks in?”

Asking was pointless too apparently, as Seungcheol began to snore steadily with his nose nuzzled into Woozi’s hair. After another minute of struggling, he felt himself growing tired...

He sighed, staring up at the ceiling. Seungcheol’s bed was much more warm and comfortable than his floor. He felt his eyes drooping shut, and shook his head in an attempt to stay awake. There was no way, no ing way he was going to fall asleep with Seungcheol wrapped around him like a snake… even if he was… really tired…

Despite his best efforts to keep his eyes open, they eventually fluttered shut, and Jihoon drifted off to sleep.

~

Seungcheol’s head began to pound as his morning alarm blared, and he quickly threw his hand down on the obnoxious machine to cease its noise. His eyes felt crusty, and his whole body was sweaty and warm. He rubbed his palms over his tired face and thought back to last night, grimacing at the vague memories flashing through his head. He remembered going outside, and roasting marshmallows... Then they started playing some dumb drinking game Soonyoung had made up, and 13 shots later… that’s it, everything else is blank. He vaguely remembered dancing to AOA in front of his neighbors open window, but he also kind of hoped that had just been a nightmare.

He stretched his limbs with a yawn, quirking his eyebrow as he suddenly noticed that he was much more than just "warm." He felt sweaty, like there was a heated blanket wrapped around his body.

Seungcheol lifted the blanket to reveal something he’d never believed he would ever see in his life. There, with his pudgy round face squished against Seungcheol’s belly, and his short arms wrapped tightly around his waist, was Woozi. The little demon with a foul mouth and horns to match was cuddling with him under the blankets, sound asleep.

Seungcheol was in shock, and he willed his mind to remember what he had done for this to happen. Wasn’t he supposed to have taken Woozi back to the basement?....

Okay, so maybe he wasn’t the most predictable drunk, but he would have thought he’d had enough sense to do that, at least! Woozi sighed in his sleep, nuzzling his face against Seungcheol shirt. He felt his heart leap at the sight.

With his mouth closed, the little guy was really too cute... But now was not the time to admire his sleeping face! Even though Woozi’s cheeks were flushed red, and there was just the slightest hint of a smile on his lips, and... God.

This was not okay.

He kept the blanket lifted with one hand, and gently shook the snoozing demon with the other. “Woozi, wake up…” He shook a little harder, patting the boys face lightly, and Woozi began to stir.

“hmmm emn mrr mnts” The boy was mumbling nonsense with his face against Seungcheol’s stomach. Seungcheol continued to shake him, until the demon lifted his face and cracked a tired eye open, looking around in confusion.

He seemed to realize what was going on quickly, as the boy jumped up into a sitting position, and wiped away the drool from his chin in embarrassment.

“Woozi, why are you in my bed?” The demons face went red at that, his brief expression of surprise replaced with one of pure fury.

It was nice while it had lasted, he supposed.

“Are you ing kidding me?” Despite the tough front he put on, Seungcheol could see his tail curling nervously in his own hand. It was a little strange how Woozi expressed his emotions through his tail, though he supposed he should learn to stop being surprised by the demon at this point. “You came back yesterday, drunk, and put me in a headlock before falling asleep. I was forced to smell your awful alcoholic breath for an entire night, you dickhead, so that’s why I’m in your dumb bed... Not to mention you snore like a dying cow, and you ask idiotic questions when you’re drunk...”

“Watch your voice, Jesus. Might I remind you that you’re still supposed to be a secret?” Woozi shifted so that he was sitting on his knees, still positioned between Seungcheol’s legs and underneath his blanket. These past couple days had to have been the strangest thing that’s ever happened to him. There was literally a demon in his bed.

“Seungcheol, are you awake?” Jeonghan knocked on the door politely.

“Augh!”He yelped as Seungcheol shoved Woozi down so that he was flat against his stomach again, trying to eliminate the obvious human-sized bump in the blanket, and pulled the sheets back over himself. He placed his hands on his lap; partially to look casual, but also to hold Woozi’s head down and keep the moody demon from sitting up suddenly.

“Yeah, I’m awake!” Jeonghan opened the door, immediately giving Seungcheol an odd look.

“I, uh… breakfast is ready. I’ll… give you some privacy…” He closed the door again, and Seungcheol raised an eyebrow. Wait, was Woozi that obvious? Did Jeonghan notice? He looked down at his lap, feeling his face heat up in embarrassment. Woozi’s tail had lifted up the blankets, conveniently close to his crotch, making it look like he might have some... "morning business" to deal with.

He sighed, leaning his head against the headboard of the bed. What a mess his life was turning into, all because of this whole d-

“Ah, !” He jumped back in the bed, knocking his head against the wood behind him. “Seriously? What’s with demons and biting people?” He lifted his shirt to look at his stomach, where there was blood beading out from two puncture wounds, paired with a couple bruises in the shape of molars. Yup, this thing was definitely a demon.

“Quit treating me like an inanimate object if you don’t want to get bitten, . You smell like , go shower before you hold me anywhere near your dirty human body.” Woozi backed up as far as he could without falling off the bed, his face scrunched up in displeasure.

Seungcheol got up feeling offended. This would be the second night in a row that he’d woken up next to someone unexpected, and smelling like death. “Fine, I won’t, but that means you need to start listening to me. You’re going in the basement, and you’re not coming up no matter what, okay?”

Woozi huffed out in annoyance, sitting on the edge of Seungcheol’s bed. “You can’t keep me in the basement forever you know; you need to start working on that reversal spell. I’m not going to hide in your wardrobe and pretend to be your secret pet while you around doing jack-.”

He sighed. “Okay, I’ll try to figure something out today, Just… Okay, here’s what’s going to happen. When Han and I leave, you can head into the basement and stay there until I get back. I’ll try to do some research today… Maybe I’ll find something to help us out.” Woozi nodded hesitantly, and Seungcheol patted him on the shoulder in an encouraging manner.

“Coups! We’re going to be late!”

“, okay I gotta run Woozi.” Seungcheol threw off his clothes and started changing into his school uniform. Woozi looked away, opting to stare at a wall in his embarrassment. “See you in a while.” Seungcheol waved bye to Woozi, who ignored him. He took notice with a quick glance, that the bundle of mood-swings was in the same dirty pajamas he’d been wearing since he got here; he’d have to remember to give him a change of clothes later.

“Seungcheol!”

“I’m coming!”

Seungcheol ran out the door with a bag slung over his shoulder, and Jihoon was left alone once again. He slumped down on the bed with an irritated sigh. Why did he have to be summoned by such a ?

A low grumbling sounded through the vacant room, and Jihoon placed his hand over his empty belly with a frown.

Would he at least be smart enough to feed him, though?

~

Seungcheol yawned, watching a squirrel pick through a pile of crumbs outside the window he was currently staring out. He was trying to think, despite his teachers loud ramblings making it rather difficult to do so. What was he going to do? He didn’t even know where to start with figuring out the reversal spell. Seungcheol couldn’t even get basic Latin down, let alone decipher an unknown language written in code... The only person he knew who had any basic of understanding of languages was Jisoo; he spoke fluent Korean, Latin, and English. If anyone would be able to figure it out, it’d be him, but there was no way for him to ask for help. What would he say? ‘Hey I accidentally summoned a demon from hell and I need you to decipher this spell so I can send him back, please don’t call the police.’ No, Jisoo was Christian, a good kid, plus he was studying to become an assistant priest. If anything, he’d probably just try to kill Woozi and exorcise the spirits possessing Seungcheol’s body.

He breathed out in frustration. In a way, he wished he could just tell someone, but he had a nagging fear that no one would listen to him. It was an absurd story, he honestly couldn't believe it himself.

“That’s it for today, everyone. I’m sure you all got the email I sent out, but in case you didn’t, I am having an extra class in the main lecture hall that you may be interested in.” Seungcheol snickered. It was funny how Mr. Lee still believed people listened to him. Why would anyone want to sign up for extra time with that boring -

“The class will be an informational lecture on demons. Specifically, different types of demons. Many students’s asked that I cover the topic, so although it is not part of my curriculum, I decided to indulge their requests. It will be after lunch today and if anyone’s interested, feel free to join in.”

Seungcheol bit his cheek, feeling conflicted. Maybe the first step to solving his problem could start with this? Aside from the fact that Woozi was a demon, Seungcheol didn’t really know anything about him. Woozi wouldn’t even tell him his real name, so there was no way he’d say him anything else about himself… well, if Woozi wouldn’t tell him, Seungcheol would just have to figure it out himself.

 He stood from his chair and followed after Jeonghan into the rotunda. “Hey, Jeonghan, I’m not going to be in the library after lunch, I’m going to Mr. Lee’s seminar.”

Jeonghan turned to him with a bewildered expression, stopping in his tracks. “You… You’re willingly going to an extra class? Mr. Lee’s extra class?”

Seungcheol scratched his head, chuckling awkwardly. “Yeah I… Thought it looked interesting.”

Something was wrong, something was terribly wrong with Seungcheol. Black magic, people hiding under his bed, and now he wanted to learn magic? Someone was probably wearing Seungcheol’s skin and pretending to be him, this was not the Seungcheol he knew. “I won’t wait up for you after school then, I guess?…”

“Yup. Let’s grab some lunch; I’m starving.”

~

Seungcheol sat down in the lecture hall, somewhere near the back, hoping Mr. Lee wouldn’t draw attention to his unprecedented appearance. There weren’t many people besides himself; a group of girls giggling near the front, a few people sitting by themselves here and there, and… ugh, Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was sitting further back from Seungcheol, on the other side of the room in a corner in his lonesome. Maybe all those rumors about him being a bad omen were true. Nothing but awful things had happened to him since bumping into him the other day….

Seungcheol looked away quickly when Kyungsoo turned towards him, feeling his palms go sweaty. He hoped to god Kyungsoo wasn’t the reason for his misfortune, or else he was probably going to die in seven days or something.

“Thank you to everyone that came today, it’s nice to see that you are interested in learning things outside of general magic study.” Seungcheol scoffed. Honestly, he was just interested in learning anything other than magic.

Mr. Lee the presentation screen, displaying in large bold text, ‘A study In Demons’. Honestly, Seungcheol hadn’t been very interested in demons before, so he hadn’t really realized there were a variety of them. He kind of just thought they all came in the same shade of huge and aggressive; though Woozi crushed that stereotype pretty quickly.

“Before we get into this, I would just like to remind everyone that our knowledge of demons and the underworld is rather vague. Only historical cases of the use of black magic in war, or scientifically documented experiments done in the past, offer us valid information.” Okay so basically all of this stuff could be real or bull, but Seungcheol had no other choice but to believe it.

“While demons are generally split into distinct types, there have been recorded cases of Demons being a mix of two, so it is likely that the combinations of different demon species could be infinite. I will only be covering purebred species today, or else this class would go on forever.” Purebred? Maybe demons really were dogs…

The screen changed into a picture of a true monster, ripped and angry with red glowing eyes. “Here is an artistic rendition of one of the most common species of demon. They are known to be aggressive, strong, and often times twice the size of the average human.” Definitely not Woozi, at least we’ve narrowed it down by one. “This type is fittingly named ‘Illia-Fortitudo’, meaning ‘immeasurable strength.’ This demon is the most commonly known to us because it fits into the most basic demon stereotype human’s have generated: Monstrous and powerful. A real documented case involving this type was done by a German scientist in the early 1500’s. He used one of the earliest forms of black magic, a child sacrifice, to summon a demon with the intention of using it for revenge against a known murderer. He recorded his study of the demon in a journal, but died prematurely at the hand of said demon 10 days into his research. While they are generally willing to do demonic tasks-in exchange for the right sacrifice- they are unpredictable, and multiple cases like this have ended in the death of the human charge.”

Okay so this type was exactly he’d expected Woozi to be? Seungcheol sketched down a couple notes for reference later on.

“The next type, while not as common as the Illia-Fortitudo, is found most popularly in the media. You may have watched fictional shows in the past where someone buries a bag of offerings at a crossroad, or sticks some blood and hair at a shrine, and a demon pops up offering them a deal, yes?” He changed the slide again, switching to a picture of a generic man in a suit? “Well, these things are real. They appear completely human, which is meant to make whichever human summoning them feel they can trust them, subconsciously. The only distinct difference might be their eyes, as it is said they are either black, red, or yellow. They are called ‘mortis vinctos’ meaning ‘death bound’, more commonly referred to as ‘cross-road demons.’ As their stereotypical portrayal in movies and fairytales implies, their purpose as demons is to collect human souls for hells use, though we are not certain what the souls are used for exactly.” Seungcheol was suddenly really glad that Woozi had horns and a tail. Cross road demons looked completely human, so Woozi probably wasn’t collecting his soul and taking him to hell later on, thankfully. “There is not much else to say about this type. They are called the salespeople of the underworld, since they are known to be sharp-tongued and dangerously persuasive. Humans generally have been known to summon them for a push in life. Sudden fortune, finding true love, bringing someone back from the dead, crossroad demons cover it all; if you’re willing to pay. While the price varies, most commonly it is said that your wish will be granted for a number of years before the demon returns to drag you to hell.”

 The teacher went on to explain a few more species: formam informi; a shape shifter demon known to devour human bodies and take over their lives, blending into human society, commonly used to get rid of someone without anyone noticing they’re gone. Then there was mes comprehendat; which upon consent will enter the body of a human and use them as a host, giving the human immeasurable power at the price of the demon being able to use the body whenever it wants to. None of them seemed like Woozi, honestly. Woozi was small (and pretty weak, based on his experience) with a foul mouth and pink hair, plus seemingly zero motive to kill or possess anyone (aside from the occasional bite.) Seungcheol tapped his pen in frustration. This was useless.

“Does anyone know the most basic way to summon a demon?” Seungcheol quirked his head up in interest at that, his lips nervously. “Trick question, it’s illegal, so none of you should know.”

A few people in the room chuckled, but Seungcheol was not amused, not in the slightest.

“The most basic summoning of a demon, it’s kind of like rolling a dice of chance. Because the spell is not specific to one species of demon, the outcome will be whatever your subconscious yearns for. If you wish for ruthless, murderous revenge, Illia-Fortitudo will likely appear. If you desire riches and you have an open mind about spending an eternity in hell, a cross-roads demon is your best bet. I’m saying this, because this last species is one most people would probably be embarrassed to admit to summoning, if it were legal to do so.” Seungcheol quirked an eyebrow at that. Embarrassed? He supposed if someone was hoping for a buff puff of demon rage like illia-fortitudo, and a tiny thing like Woozi showed up you might be a little embarrassed? “Demons abide to the rules of the seven deadly sins; Greed, envy, wrath, sloth, gluttony, pride, and of course, lust.”

Seungcheol’s eyes widened as the screen changed, displaying a beautiful woman with horns and a tail, posing scandalously.

“We’re running out of time, so this will be the last one I talk about. ‘exhaurie passionis’ is a demon that feeds on the ual desire and satisfaction of humans; more commonly known as a succubus or an incubus. While it is more common that they prey on unsuspecting humans and possess them to acquire what they need, there have been cases where a human summons them willingly. The human gets ual satisfaction, and the incubus or succubus feeds on their pleasure. There have also been recorded cases in the past that involve an incubus killing the human after they feed as well, but it is a rare event. Incubus’ are known to be generally docile, and simply desire ual energy. They appear human, but with demonic traits such as horns and a tail. They are also said to be inhumanely beautiful, for the sake of seducing humans into love-making. I won’t get into the details of how they feed, but-” the sound of the bell rung throughout the room, and people began to get up to leave. “Everyone is dismissed, if there are any questions regarding this topic I’m more than happy to answer them.”

Seungcheol stayed in his seat, staring at the picture on the display screen. Human-looking but with demonic traits: check, generally docile: check, inhumanely beautiful?... He supposed being inhumanely cute wasn’t that different?

He was in shock. The spell he had used hadn’t said anything about what kind of demon he’d been summoning, so it must have been a general spell... Was Seungcheol really that deprived? Yeah, he supposed it had been a while since he’d done it with someone, but it wasn’t like he was desperate… And if that was the case, why did someone like Woozi show up? Shouldn’t it have been a tall, seductive, female demon?

Woozi was cute, he’s not going to lie, but he was also very much male. Then there was also the whole… food thing. He hadn’t thought about what demons ate, and now that he thought about it Woozi hadn’t eaten anything since Seungcheol summoned him (whoops, though Seungcheol had never been that great at keeping pets.) If Woozi was an incubus, and that’s a big if… What was he going to do when he got hungry?

Eventually he got up from his desk, gathered his things, and headed outside. On the bus ride home his mind was loud, his thoughts ceaseless.

Woozi could be an incubus, and he could also currently be a hungry incubus. Woozi was his responsibility, so he would have to… help him, right? God but there was also the fact that he was a he, how would that work?

Seungcheol ruffled his hair in frustration, staring down at the notes he’d taken. It was fine, how often could demons get hungry? Maybe it was a once a century kind of thing, he might be worrying about this for nothing…. Speaking of centuries, Woozi looked pretty young too, how old was he? He could technically be like 500 years old, but he looked about 15... oh god, what if he was 15??

Seungcheol rubbed his eyes, feeling more drained every second he thought about this. He would just have to talk to Woozi about it later on.

He fumbled with his keys, throwing the door open with a sigh.

“How was the seminar?” Jeonghan was standing at his usual spot in the kitchen, cutting vegetables idly.

“It was… something else, I guess. What can I say, it was Mr. Lee.” He chuckled. “I’m going to do some homework downstairs for a bit, call me up when dinners ready?” Jeonghan was worried, obviously. At this point he felt like he couldn’t leave Seungcheol alone for a second. He clenched the knife in his hand against the cutting board.

“Sure thing, Coups.”

“Thanks!” Seungcheol ran into his room first, rummaging through his drawers for anything that might fit Woozi. Sweater that had shrunk in the wash? That might work, but all of his pants were probably twice the size of him… His soccer shorts had a drawstring though, so he can just… Tie them on? This was ridiculous; he’d have to go shopping later.

Seungcheol gathered the clothing and headed down the basement, feeling oddly nervous. Hopefully this time Woozi would actually be where he was supposed to be. He opened the wardrobe slowly, the joints in the wood creaking slightly, and breathed out in relief. Woozi was curled up in the corner of the wardrobe with one of Seungcheol’s old jackets wrapped around him for warmth. He was adorable, completely and utterly precious, and Seungcheol felt his heart aching as he watched the boy snoring peacefully. He swallowed his emotions and shook the sleeping demon awake, gently. “Woozi, wake up…”

Woozi cracked an eye open at Seungcheol, before sitting up tiredly, yawning. “What?”

“What do you mean ‘what’? I brought you a change of clothes.” Woozi got up and out of his hiding spot, feeling dazed. Seungcheol handed him the clothes awkwardly, willing his heart to be quiet.

“This isn’t going to fit me, douche-wad, it’s five times my ing size.” He was not cute, definitely not cute, not with that mouth at least.

“Be grateful, it’s all I could find. I’ll buy you clothes later so bear with it for now.”

Woozi grumbled incoherently, turning around to get changed. He peeked back at Seungcheol with a sour expression. “…Do you mind?”

Seungcheol whipped around to face the wall, feeling his heart jumping nervously against his chest. He waited a minute like that, attempting to stop his thoughts from running wild.

“I’m done.”

Seungcheol turned around and felt his mind collapse completely. Yes, the clothing was five times his size and the sweater was basically a dress on him, but that didn’t mean he looked any less precious in it. It was like every guys dream to see their girlfriend wearing their clothes... Except Woozi was a male demon- and Seungcheol should really stop having thoughts like this. 

Woozi sat down in the chair by Seungcheol’s desk, tugging at the long sleeves of his sweater idly. “Did you do any research today?”

“Kind of… I think I know what type of a spell it was, at least.”

He scoffed. “Oh?”

“yeah it’s like a… General demon summoning spell, not specific to one type… Or something.”

“Well that’s obvious, dip. I’m pretty sure there’s no spells designed to summon a demon like me.”

Seungcheol gulped. There was definitely, probably, some spells meant for that.

He crossed his arms, scowling. “Anything else? or did you really just waste the entire day learning bull we already know?”

“Hey, I don’t even know where to start with this thing, It’s not like I practice black magic every Wednesday night for fun."

“Then why did you have a black magic book? Figure that out first, idiot.”

Seungcheol ran a hand through his hair, annoyed. “, I don’t know, Woozi. I can’t remember how it's even possible for me to have it, or else don’t you think I would have done something about it by now?”

Woozi breathed out in frustration. “Fine, whatever, I just don’t feel like sleeping in your Wardrobe anymore. I’m going to break my neck if you keep sticking me wherever I’m hidden and leaving for hours every day. Where do you even go?”

Oh? Well, he supposed Woozi didn’t know any more about Seungcheol than Seungcheol knew about Woozi. They were both pretty much in the dark on both ends. Seungcheol opened his mouth to answer, but was abruptly interrupted by a low grumbling coming from the pink-haired demon.

He looked away, his hand on his stomach, with an embarrassed expression. “Uh, by the way… I’m hungry; do you think I could have something to eat?”

Seungcheol went still, staring at a wall with a shocked expression. It was now or never Coups; give him what he needs or let your demon starve, what’s it going to be? He took a deep shuddery breath before turning back to Woozi with a determined face. His demon, his responsibility, his problem; his mind was made up. He stepped toward the boy, who was looking just a little confused.

“What?”

“I’ll feed you… But, uh… How does this work? Do we have to have or something? Or just-” Woozi's face went flushed as he fell backwards in his chair, hitting the concrete ground with a pained yelp.

“Ow! jesus, what?!”

Seungcheol was in shock, moving to help Woozi up, who backed away in fear.

“I thought you said no weird stuff! You definitely agreed to no weird stuff, and this is weird stuff! What, I need to have with you to eat now? Is that how you roll? God I should have known this was going to turn weird, you were way too nice for a human.” Woozi was still trying to crawl away, as Seungcheol's mind blared in confusion. So that’s what he’d meant by weird stuff? Did this also mean he wasn’t an incubus?

Woozi got to the stairs and turned around on one of the steps, freezing in place when he spotted a familiar head of long silver hair standing before him, wide-eyed.

“Seungcheol… who… what the hell is that?”