The School Camp

The Sworn Enemy & I

Ji Eun's POV

              It was 8 in the morning and I was already awake. Recently, I kept getting dreams of my childhood memory. *I wonder what this means...* I thought as I sighed and continued staring at the ceiling. However, I find one thing wierd. I can remember my memories vividly but I can't remember the most important thing. His name. I mean, that is the most crucial thing that could make it so much easier in finding him. Now, the only thing that could help is, the keychain he gave me. 

              "Knock knock." I snapped out of my thoughts to see Eunwoo sitting beside the bed. He chuckled and said, "Daydreaming huh?". "None of your business." I said as I stucked my tongue out. "How are you feeling?" he asked. "Better. My head doesn't hurt anymore." I said. "Good." he replied. Just then, the door opened and my mum and Jiho walked in.

              "Good morning honey." greeted mum with a smile. "Morning mum." I said and smiled. "The doctor said you could go home tomorrow." she informed. "Jinjja? Ah, that's good." I smiled. After that, all us had breakfast in my room and they stayed for a few hours before each of them had to leave. Soon enough, I was alone again in the room.

              "I'm bored... Shall check my Twitter." I said as I took out my phone. As I was scrolling through Twitter, I saw a few retweets by Wooshin. As I kept scrolling, I realised the retweets were all regarding missing someone and memories. *I wonder who's he refering to.* I wondered. I shrugged then continued scrolling. Just then, Wooshin's ID caller appeared.

              "Yoboseyo?" I answered. "Hey." he said. "Hey." I replied. "How are you?" he asked. "I'm fine." I said. "That's good. When are you coming back?" he asked. "My mum said the doctor told her I could go home tomorrow." I informed. "I see." he said. Since I was bored, I decided to again as per usual. "Why? Do you miss me? I bet you do." I chuckled. After I said that, Wooshin stayed silent for awhile. *He's probably making a face right now.* I smiled as I imagined his usual reaction.

              Soon, he spoke, "What if I said I do miss you?" he asked and my heart suddenly skipped a beat. *What?* I thought as I froze at his unexpected question. "W-what..." I stuttered as I didn't know what to say. Just then, I heard him chuckle. "Relax, I'm just kidding. Why in the world would I miss you?" he said and chuckled again. "Yah-you! You're gonna get it from me when I see you." I hissed and huffed. He chuckled again before saying, "Whatever. I'll hang up now. Bye." he said and ended the phone call. "This boy-urgh!" I groaned in frustration. *But what was that feeling just now...?* I thought after calming down. *He'd always teased me but why... Urgh. Whatever.* I frowned and laid down.

 

Wooshin's POV

              *Should I or should I not call her?* I debated mentally as I stared at my phone with Jieun's caller id. I bit my lip while my right leg was tapping continuously. "Forget it." I said and meant to press 'back' but I pressed 'call' instead. My eyes widened and my fingers moved quickly to end the call. However, Jieun already answered it which made me bring my phone up to my ear quickly. 

              "Yoboseyo?" she greeted. "Hey." I said. "Hey." she replied. My mind was blank but I managed to blurt a "How are you?" to which she replied, "I'm fine." "That's good. When are you coming back?" I asked. "My mum said the doctor told her I could go home tomorrow." she informed and I actually felt relief. "I see." I said. There was a minute of silence when Jieun said, "Why? Do you miss me? I bet you do." she teased with a chuckle which made my heart skip a beat. *I do miss you actually...* I said mentally. 

              I realised I had been silent for awhile and quickly said, "What if I said I do miss you?" I blurted out. *What the-?! Why in the world did I say that????* I thought as I mentally buried myself. "W-what..." she said with a stutter. *See. You're freaking her out, Kim Wooshin.* I thought as I mentally face palmed. "Relax, I'm just kidding. Why in the world would I miss you?" I said added a chuckled to make it sound that it was really a joke. . "Yah-you! You're gonna get it from me when I see you." she hissed. I chuckled and said, "Whatever. I'll hang up now. Bye." then ended the phone call. *Way to end a phone call, Wooshin.* I thought as I mentally face palmed again. *It's ok... I shouldn't be falling for her anyways.* I thought and let out a sigh.

 

-The next day-

 

              School had just ended and I was on my way home. I saw the convenience store and decided to buy a few snacks for myself. I picked up some drinks and chips then walked down the aisle and spotted Pepero sticks. *Shall just take a few boxes.* I thought and took two different flavoured Pepero then went on to pay. After a few minutes walk, I finally reached home.

              After having a shower and dinner, I went up to my room. I opened my bag to take out my assignments and saw afew extras. "Ah, right. I'm supposed to pass these to her..." I muttered. Apparently the whole class and lecturers found out Jieun and I were neighbours so they had me pass her assignments to her. I looked outside to see that the lights in her room was on. I then got up and walked over to the balcony.

              *Sigh, now what should I throw over this time....* I thought as I looked down to see if I could find any small stones or pebbles. *Aha! This would do.* I smirked as I spotted a pebble and picked it up. I blew on it and then threw it over. The pebble eventually hit the door of her balcony and I heard movement in the room. Almost immediately, she appeared by the door with a frown, as usual.

              "Do you really have to throw stuffs over like that? What if it gets scratch?" she said with a glare as she came out. "What do you want?" she said after a sigh. "Just needed to hand over your stuffs." I replied as I waved her assignments in the air. "Oh. Well, thank you." she said as she reached out and I handed her the assignments. "But then... How come you have my assignments?" she asked with a curious face. "Apparently the whole class and lecturers found out we live next door so yeah." I informed and she nodded. "Well, I guess that's all." she said and slowly turned around to enter her room.

               "Wait." I called out. "What?" she frowned. I quickly went back inside and grab a box of pepero. "Here. Catch." I said as I tossed the box over to her. She caught it and looked at me inquisitively. "I had extras, so I thought I'd give it to you instead of throwing it away." I said as I looked away, feeling shy of a sudden. "Aww, thank you." she said and smiled at me. The moment I saw her smile, my heart raced. My eyes widened a little before I let out a small cough then said, "Well, then." as I looked away and entered my room. *Calm down, Wooshin.* I thought to myself as I took deep breaths.

 

-The next day-

 

Ji Eun's POV

              I woke up and stretched then got ready for school. After having breakfast, I kissed my mum on the cheeks and left for school. As I got out of the gate, I was greeted by Eunwoo. "Hello, princess." he smiled. "Hello to you too." I replied. We then started walking. "Feeling better?" he asked. "Yeap, all better!" I replied enthusiastically. "Good." he said with a chuckle. Soon enough, we arrived at school.

              "Hey, the yearly school camp is coming. Are you excited?" Eunwoo asked as we waited for the lecturer to come. "Meh. It's the same all year. So yeah." I replied with a shrug. Just then, Mrs Jang entered. "Ok, class. Settle down." she said and everybody got back in their respective seats. "Ok, as you guys know, the yearly school camp is coming. After much discussion, it was decided that this year, you guys will be camping at Seoraksan!" she announced. "There, we will be doing some team bonding activities, hiking and then some sight seeing. We might be going to the hot spring there as well." she added and cheers could be heard.

              *Sounds interesting.* I thought. "So now i'll be giving out the consent form for your parents and also the itinerary list so that they'll know what you guys will be doing there." she said and started distributing the forms. "Now as for who you'd be sharing a tent with... You'll know on the day itself." she smiled. The form soon got to me and I read it. *2 nights huh...* I thought as I read the form. *Well, it'd probably be an interesting camp this year.* So I thought.

 

-Day of camp-

 

              "Ok, is everybody here?" called Mrs Jang. She then did a head count and nodded to the bus driver to indicate that everyone was onboard. He nodded back and started to drive the bus out of the school's premises. "It'll take a while to reach the destination, so you guys could probably take a nap." she informed. "Yes, nap." I muttered as I yawned. "Here, you can rest on my shoulder." said Eunwoo who was my seat mate. "Thanks." I said and smiled groggily as I went ahead to snuggle on his shoulder. Soon enough, I got comfortable and fell asleep.

               "Jieun ah. We're reaching soon." said Eunwoo as he nudged me gently. "Nnnngh." I groaned as I lifted my head and opened my eyes slowly. I blinked a few times and looked outside. I could see the scenery was surrounded with mountains and there was green everywhere. It was really a refreshing view. "We're here!" said Mrs Jang in excitement and everyone slowly got up. As I got down, I couldn't help but take in a deep breath of the area. It really smells refreshing. No kidding.

              "Ok, this way everyone." said Mrs Jang as she started guiding the class somewhere. We stopped at a sheltered area where we were given a briefing. "Well, now you guys are probably tired from the journey here so now i'll tell you your tent buddy. This is the list, so go head and take a look." said Mrs Jang as she placed the list on the table.

              I quickly scanned for Eunwoo's name hoping he'd be my tent buddy. Unfortunately, he's sharing with someone else. What a bummer. Then, I continued scanning for my name. *YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME.* I froze as I mentally screamed. There at the bottom of the list was my name and... Kim Wooshin. *God, why does it have to be him?* I thought as I groaned. "Why, hello tentmate." said a voice. I looked up to see Wooshin looking at me with a smirk across his face.

 

 

 

 

               *I'm totally gonna dread this.*

 


Updated!

 

Turns out Jieun and Wooshin are sharing a tent! Wonder how it'll turn out? 

And don't you guys find the first parts of the chapter cute?? So much for "I had extras" huh? Kekeke!