The New Enemy

The Sworn Enemy & I

Ji Eun's POV

              "Mmmrrghh" I stretched as I sat up in bed. I looked at the clock on the wall to see that it's 9:15am. *Another day at home...* I sighed. On the day of the incident, my mum brought me to the doctor and he told me to rest for 2 days. I did say that it wasn't necessary as I didn't get hurt that badly but he still insisted, so yeah. 

              "Good morning, eomma." I greeted as I entered the kitchen. Mum was making pancakes and scrambled eggs for breakfast today. "Morning, sweetheart. Take a seat. Breakfast is almost ready." she said and I took a seat at the dining table as I yawned. Mum then placed the pancakes and eggs on the table and sat down in front of me. "How are you feeling?" she asked. "I'm fine. Don't worry." I said and gave her a reassuring smile. 

 

-Later that evening-

 

              "I'm so boreeeeeeeed." I breathed out as I laid in bed. I have just ended the phone call with Eunwoo which lasted for 2 hours. We talked about school stuff and what not. I then rolled over and buried my face into the pillow. Just then, a noise could be heard from the balcony. *Must be that idiot.* I thought as I got up and went over to the balcony. Yeap, of course it was.

              Wooshin smirked at me as I got out. "How are you?" he asked. "I'm fine, thanks for asking." I answered. "How many rest days did you get?" he asked. "2 days. Coming back to school tomorrow." I answered and he nodded his head. "Why? Missed me that much already?" I asked with a playful smirk. "No. I just wanted to know how many days of peace I have left but sadly, you're coming back tomorrow." he said and let out a breath of exasperation. "Mhmm." I chuckled. "Well, then. Go rest and see you tomorrow." he said. "Ok. Night." I said and lifted my arms of the railing. "Night." he replied and I gave him a small smile before entering my room.

 

-Next day-

 

              "Princess!!!!!" greeted Eunwoo enthusiastically as I stepped out of the gates. I laughed and shook my head in amusement. "Good morning to you too." I giggled. Eunwoo smiled and ruffled my hair. "Feeling better?" he asked as we started walking. "Yeap. Much better." I smiled brightly. "Good." he replied with a smile. Just then, the gate in front of us swung open and Wooshin stepped out. 

              "Morning!" I greeted. Wooshin looked at me and raised his hand in acknowledgement. He then shifted his eyes towards Eunwoo. I looked at Eunwoo to see him staring straight back at Wooshin. *Erm, is it just me or did the air just got tense?* I thought as I looked back and forth between the two males. "Well, err. Do you want to go to school together?" I asked Wooshin. His eyes then shifted towards me. 

              Seconds later, he replied, "Maybe next time." and walked away. *Ok, did I missed anything?* I thought as I watched Wooshin walking away then looked at Eunwoo who was doing the same. Eunwoo then looked at me and said, "Let's get going." then started walking again. *Something weird is going on between them.* I thought but then shrugged it off and followed Eunwoo.

              "Welcome back, Jieun!" "Jieun! You're back!" "Good to see you again!"  "Omo, Jieun ah! Are you feeling better?" My classmates swarmed towards me as soon as I entered the classroom. "I'm fine guys. It's good to be back!" I giggled and walked towards my seat. As I sat down I happened to glance towards Wooshin's desk and found him looking at me. However, he slowly looked away and I frowned. The way he looked at me seemed like he has something to say but it was probably just me.

 

Wooshin's POV

              Jieun might not have noticed it but the girl who tripped her that day was present everywhere she went. I know, I know. You guys are probably like, "How come you noticed it?" "Were you following her around?" etc. Well, let me explain. Since that incident, I couldn't help but look out for Jieun. No, I wasn't following her around. I'm not a creep or a stalker, ok. Don't get the wrong idea. I'm just... looking out for her. I mean, I have this feeling that that girl is planning to do something to Jieun again.

              Now it was gym period and it was held in the school field. *Looks like she's not here...* I thought as I scanned around for that girl. I then looked at Jieun and she was happily chatting with Eunwoo. As I watched her smiling and laughing with Eunwoo, I felt a weird tug in my heart which made me cough and look away. *What was that weird feeling?* I thought. Just then, Mr Lee blew the whistle and called for the class to gather.

              The class was split into girls and boys. The girls played volleyball while the boys played soccer. It was 30 minutes into the game when I noticed Jieun heading out the field towards the toilet. I was about to look away when I spotted the girl from around the corner. She then slowly followed Jieun. "Guys, I'm heading to the toilet for awhile." I said to my team mates then headed towards the direction Jieun went.

 

Jieun's POV

              I was about to enter the toilet when someone covered my mouth and dragged me away. "Mmmph!" my voice was muffled as I struggled free. I was dragged along a narrow alley and was headed towards the back of the school. Then I was released and stumbled forward. I looked back and was surprised to see the girl from the other day.

              "You! Who are you? Why are you doing this to me?" I asked as I stepped back slowly. "Of course you don't know me. You're busy stealing all the attention from Eunwoo." she chuckled. "What are you talking about?" I frowned. "Shut up. Hearing you talk makes me want to puke. Now, prepare to suffer." she smirked and stepped closer towards me.

              I was about to run away when she caught me by my hair and pulled me back towards her. "Where do you think you're going?" she laughed as she started hitting me. "S-stop!" I breathed out in pain. After a while, she pushed me away and I stumbled to the ground. "Urgh." I groaned as I struggled to get up. Just then, I heard familiar voices nearby before I felt something hard hit me on the head and my vision went dark.

 

Wooshin's POV
              *What's taking so long?* I thought as I looked towards the girls toilet. It has been almost 10 minutes and they still haven't left. I got impatient and decided to call for Jieun. "Ya, Park Jieun! Are you inside?" I said as my voice echoed in the toilet. I called 3 more times and there was still no response. *That's it.* I thought and boldly stepped inside. "Yah, Park Jieun!" I called out as I checked every stall. *She's not here.* I frowned.

              As I stepped out, Eunwoo walked by. "Yah, why were you in the girls toilet?" he asked as he looked at me weirdly. *Tsk. He must be thinking i'm some byuntae.* I thought. I stared at Eunwoo and he frowned. He then sighed and asked, "Have you seen Jieun?" I looked away and said, "I was looking for her." He frowned deeper and asked, "Why were you already looking for her? You know something don't you?" I looked at him but kept my mouth shut. "Tell me what you know." he said as he stepped towards me.

              I sighed and said, "That day, someone did actually trip Jieun on purpose." "What? Why didn't you tell me?" he glared. "I just didn't want you to make a big fuss about it." I replied. He was about to say something when a muffled voice could be heard around the corner. We exchanged quick glances at each other before running towards the voice. We found ourselves in a narrow alley which lead towards the back of the school.

              As we got closer, the sounds got louder. As we got to the back of the school, our eyes widened at the sight in front of us. Jieun got pushed down and was struggling to get up. Just then, the girl picked up a brick which was on the ground and to my horror, she got down on her knees and swung her arm. "Jieun ah!" "Andwae!" shouted both Eunwoo and I as the brick collided with Jieun's head, knocking her out. The girl then looked up at us in shock as the brick slipped off her hands then got up quickly and ran away.

              "You go bring her to the nurse, I'll go after her!" I said and ran towards the direction she went. The girl was in front of me and I ran faster and caught her by the arm. "Let me go!" she screamed as she struggled to free her arm. "Why are you doing this? Who are you?!" I exclaimed as my grip tightened. "It's unfair! She always gets the attention! Why must it be her!" she shouted. "What are you talking about?" I frowned. "I like Eunwoo but he doesn't! Instead, that girl receives all his attention! I hate her! She's my enemy!" she exclaimed in anger. "No." I hissed as I narrowed my eyes.

 

 

 

 

               "She's my enemy."

 


Updated!

 

Hey, guys! Sorry for not updating on the weekend. The internet was down, unfortunately.

So how do you guys find this chapter? Was it a little crappy? Idk. Well, do leave a comment to let me know if you're enjoying this story so far! ^^*