The Childhood Memory

The Sworn Enemy & I

Ji Eun's POV

         Today is Sunday and I was getting ready to go out to the library to meet Wooshin and compile our research. I was fixing my hair when suddenly, something was thrown at my balcony door. *What was that?* I frowned and went to open the balcony curtains. "What are you doing?" I asked as I stepped out to the balcony. 

         Apparently, it was Wooshin who had been throwing things at my balcony to get my attention. "I don't think I can go out today." he said. "Why not?" I raised an eyebrow. "I'm a vampire, I can't go out in the day. The sun burns." he said sarcastically in monotone. "What does it look like?" he added as he shook his body that was covered with a blanket. "Oh." I said. 

         "You caught a cold?" I asked. "Well, what do you think?" he said as he narrowed his eyes. "Fine fine. Then what about the report?" I sighed. "I'll just email you my research then you compile it." he said. "So i'm gonna do the report myself?" I said narrowing my eyes. "Well, its your fault I got sick!" he rebutted. *He's got a point.* I thought as I sighed. "Fine." I said. "I'll give you my email then. Send your research to me by 12pm." I said. "Yes, ma'am." teased Wooshin. I rolled my eyes and entered my room.

 

-Next day-

 

         "So how did it go?" asked Eunwoo as he sat beside me during lunch. "Ok, I guess. He's quite cooperative." I shrugged. "So you're starting to find him nice then?" he said as he raised an eyebrow. "No! Well- urgh. A little bit." I groaned. "Hmm, so anything interesting happened?" he probed. "Well..." my voice trailed as I recalled him resting on my shoulders and those short moments which made my heart race. I shook my head to snap back to reality and answered, "Well, not really." "Hmm. If you say so." said Eunwoo with a shrug.

         Talking about Wooshin, I didn't see him in school today. *Did that idiot caught a really bad flu?* I frowned. Just then, I felt something soft poking in between my brows. I looked to see Eunwoo's finger poking my forehead. "Keep frowning like that and you'll age faster." he teased. I glared at him as I slapped his finger away. "What's bothering you?" he asked. "Nothing much... Just thinking of what to eat for dinner." I answered which, was a lie. I just didn't want to tell him I was actually worried about that idiot.

 

-Later that evening-

 

         I stretched as I completed my assignment. I then looked at the other set of assignments which was at the side. I sighed and looked over to the balcony. *Is he asleep?* I wondered as I made my way over to the balcony. I looked to see that the curtains were all closed but the lights were on. I looked around and picked up a small stone that was laying on the ground then threw it at his balcony door. It made a sound as it made contact. Almost immediately, I heard shuffling in his room and a shadow could be seen approaching the balcony.

         The curtains shifted a little and Wooshin peeked through. I saw him frowned as he mouthed, "What do you want?" I then mouthed back, "Assignments." I saw him sigh before he opened the door and stepped out. I noticed he was still all wrapped up in his blanket. I admit, he looked cute all wrapped up like that but whatever. "Where is it?" he asked as he let out a yawn. I quickly went back in to take his set of assignments and stepped out again. "Here. Assignments to be handed in by this Friday." I informed as I passed the papers over to him. "Thanks." he said as he flipped through the papers. 

         "But then..." he said after a while. "How come my assignment's with you?" he added and looked straight at me. "W-well. Since you live just next door and also considering you got sick partly because of me so yeah." I answered. "Partly? Hello, I got sick entirely because of you." he glared. "Fine, I'm sorry! But seriously, we could've just came back for it the next day instead of you running under the rain like that!" I rebutted. "Well, I did what I did because I cared for our grades ok!" he shot back. *Our grades?* I thought as I stared at him, surprised at his unexpected, actual reason. 

         "But you said you went back because you didn't want to go out with me and take the picture again if we lost the camera..." I spoke in confusion. "W-well... That too!" stuttered Wooshin as he looked away not before I noticed his cheeks were tinted with pink. *Omo omo. Is he blushing or is it just the flu?* I thought. We stayed silent for a while before he spoke. "Well, then. Since that's all, I'll go back in." "Wait." I called out and he turned back silghtly to look at me. "Erm... Get well soon." I said softly then glanced up at him. To my surprise, his eyes were widened slightly and his cheeks were slightly flushed. "T-thanks. I will." he replied and quickly went inside his room.

         *I think he really caught a bad flu.* I thought as I went back into my room.

 

Wooshin's POV (Woohoo! Finally his pov)

         I quickly went back in and closed the curtains. "What is wrong with me..?" I whispered to myself as I shook my head slightly. I walked back to my bed and plopped down then looked up at the ceiling. I don't know why but I've been feeling so weird since we went out that day. Like during the train ride home where our faces were so close and I found myself staring into her brown orbs. From that moment on, I can't help but feel this unexplainable feeling whenever I'm around her. "Urgh. Must be the flu." I murmured as I shook my head vigorously and pulled the blanket over my head.

         *Where am I?* I thought. When I opened my eyes, I found myself in a beautiful meadow that was filled with different flowers everywhere. *This place somehow feels so familliar...* I thought. Just then, a small figure approached me from behind. It was a girl with long brown hair that was in braids. She was looking down and then I heard sobs from her. *Is she crying?* I thought. "Shh, why are you crying?" I asked. "I-i need t-to go home s-soon..." she said in between sobs. Just then, I pulled her into my embrace like it was the most natural thing to do. "Shh... It'll be alright. We'll see each other again." I said soothingly to calm her down. "J-Jinjja?" she asked. I nodded then said, "Wherever you go, I'll always find you. I promise." I said. The girl then looked up at me and smiled happily.

         Just then, my alarm rang and woke me up. "Urgh..." I groaned as I rubbed my eyes and yawned. Then I sat up on my bed. "It's been years already..." I murmured. I know this may sound ridiculous but that dream was actually part of my memory from when I was 9 and that girl... Was the first girl I've ever had feelings for. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember her name. Stretching my body, I got up and headed for the shower. Luckily I recovered fast and I'm back to normal. After having a little bit of breakfast, I left for school.

         As I stepped out, I heard a voice from behind. I turned to see it was Jieun. I acknowledged her and conitnued walking. She then caught up with me and walked beside me. Just then I heard her humming happily. She looked so happy I couldn't help but ask, "What's wrong with you? You look like you're over the moon." "Oh, jinjja? Well, it's just that I had a nice dream last night." she said. *A nice dream huh...* I thought. "It's been a long time since I had a nice dream so I'm really happy I dreamt of that last night!" she said and beamed. *That?* I thought. I was about to ask what that dream was but when I looked at her, I saw the face of the girl from my memory for a brief moment. *What was that?* I thought as I shook my head. "You ok?" asked Jieun. "Y-yeah. I'm fine." I said as I looked forward. 

 

 

 

 

          *Why does she suddenly remind me of her...?*

 


Updated!

 

Hohoho, things seem to be getting insteresting huh? What do u guys think? :3