The Project

The Sworn Enemy & I

Ji Eun's POV

        "Since x+2=6 therefore...." Mrs Jang's voice trailed as my mind drifted off. Just then, a cumpled piece of paper was thrown at me. I looked up to see it was from Eunwoo. I frowned and he motioned me to read the paper. "Are you okay? You look tired." I chuckled as read the note. I was probably too shocked last night which made me have troubles sleeping. I then took my pen and wrote down my reply. "I'm fine. Just found out something really horrible last night." I wrote, crumpled and threw it back at him. Eunwoo read it and looked at me with a curious face. I then mouthed "I'll tell you later" which he nodded to and faced the front.

        A few minutes later, the bell rang and class ended. Eunwoo then came up to me and asked, "So, what happened?" I looked up at him and sighed. "I found out who my new neighbour is." I answered. "Who?" asked Eunwoo curiously as he rested his elbows on my table. I moved my face closer to him and whispered, "Kim Wooshin." "Jinjja?!" said Eunwoo in surprise which made me slap his arm for being too loud. "Shh!" I hushed as I took a quick glance at Wooshin. "Well, that's interesting." Eunwoo chuckled as he glanced at Wooshin as well. "Interesting? Pfft." I said as I rolled my eyes. He chuckled then ruffled my bangs.

        Soon enough, Mr Lee, our Arts and History lecturer entered the class in graceful manner. The class then stood up and greeted him. After everyone had settled down, he started by giving as an announcement. "Ok class. Today I have some news." he said. "I have a project which will need you guys to go out somewhere for research and then write a 800 word report on it." he said as the class groaned at the mention of the '800 word report'. "Now now, this project holds 30% of your final grades so you better do your best." said Mr Lee with a smirk which earned some gasps. "Oh and lastly, you guys will be working in pairs which, I have already paired." I frowned when he said that and I had a bad feeling about this. 

        "I'll say out who pairs with who and I expect you guys to be in your pairs immediately after that." said Mr Lee as he took a breath and started saying out names. "Lee Chaerin and Kwon Jungshin. Cha Eunwoo and Park-" *Omg, please let it be me!* I held my eyes together as I prayed silently* "Chanyeol." *Damn it.* I frowned as both Eunwoo and I looked at each other and pouted. *Then who am I with?* I wondered as I looked back in front. Mr Lee continued saying out the pairs when I finally heard my name. "Park Jieun and Kim Wooshin." said Mr Lee as my shoulders immdiately slumped and my jaw dropped. Just. My. Luck.

 

-Minutes later-

 

        I am currently sitting in front of the jerk who was having a staring competition with me. The others kept glancing at us occasionally as it was really rare to see the 2 top scorers in the class being paired up. I swear Mr Lee is this doing this on purpose. I frowned and then sighed. I got bored of looking at his face so I looked away and picked up the assignment paper. "Research on a historical artefact and write a 800 word report on it. Marks will be awarded on quality and accuracy of report." stated the instruction. I sighed and then looked up to see him still staring at me.

        "Quit staring or are you actually infatuated with me?" I smirked as I leaned forward. Wooshin's eyes narrowed as he shook his head in amusement. "In your dreams." he chuckled. I chuckled as I slid the paper to him. "So what artefact do you want to research on?" I asked. "Don't know, don't care. You choose." he said. I frowned and sighed in defeat. "Fine." I said as I took out my phone and googled some artefacts. After a few minutes of searching, I decided on an artefact which I found interesting.

        "How about the Gyeongcheonsa Pagoda?" I suggested as I showed him a picture of it. He looked at it and shrugged. "I'm fine with that." he said. "Ok then. The Gyeongcheonsa Pagoda it is." I said as I wrote the name down on the paper. Just then, Mr Lee came up to us. "So have you two decided on something?" he asked. "Mhmm. The Gyeongcheonsa Pagoda." I said as Mr Lee nodded. "Hmm, good. Continue with the research then." he said and walked to another pair. 

        "Ok, so how are we gonna do this?" I said and looked at Wooshin. "I don't know." he stated bluntly. *I can't believe I'm actually working with this guy.* I thought as I frowned. Wooshin sighed as he leaned forward and took the paper. "Fine. Let's do it this way. We both do our own research on it, gather as much facts as we can and then compile it. Done." he said. *Why, that's a good plan.* I thought. "Well, ok." I shrugged and started on my research. 

        Just before class ended, Mr Lee spoke. "Well, it seems most of you have already started on the research. I expect good reports and also look forward to see nice pictures or your chosen artefacts." he said. "Oh and please. You can't take any photo off from the internet. I will know whether its taken from the internet or not as I will have to see at least 1 photo of each pair together in one picture with the artefact." Mr Lee added with a smile and walked off. *Great. Now I actually have to go out with this jerk.* I thought with a frown. 

        "Where is this thing exactly?" asked Wooshin. I looked up the internet and sighed in relief. "It's at the National Museum in Seoul." I stated earning a nod from him. "So when do you want to go there and take a stupid photo with that thing?" he asked. I mentally giggled when he said that. "I don't know. The weekends?" I suggested. "Hmm. Ok." he nodded in agreement. After that, he got up and went back to his seat. I then let out a long sigh in relief.

        "Everything ok?" asked Eunwoo with an amused smile. "Wipe that smile off." I demanded as I pointed at his face. Eunwoo laughed as he patted my head. "Calm down." he said. "I can't believe I have to go out with him just for a bloody photo." I groaned. "Well, I bet it's gonna be an interesting date." Eunwoo said with a smirk earning a smack on the head from me. "Ah! FIne, fine! I'm sorry. Man, that hurts." apologised Eunwoo as he rubbed the back of his head to ease the pain. I laughed at him then muttered a sorry as we both got up and went for lunch.

 

 

 

 

        *Weekends, please come slower.*

 


Updated!