The White Christmas

The Sworn Enemy & I

Ji Eun's POV

               *Hmm? It's this meadow again...* I thought as I looked around. I was my younger self again. Just then, I caught sight of a familiar figure. *Oh! It's him!* I smiled as I ran towards him. "Oppa!" I called out happily as I hugged him. "Nice to see you again." he smiled as I looked up at him. "I thought you promised to find me." I pouted. "I already did." he said with a giggle. "Eh?" I said in confusion. He then bent to my eye level then whispered, "Look closer. I'm right where you are."

               "Mmmph..." I groaned as the sunlight hit my eyes. I blinked my eyes and stretched as I got up. "Look closer. I'm right where you are." "Right where I am huh..." I spoke softly as I recalled his words. I then blinked and shrugged before getting out of bed. "Morning, eomma!" I greeted as I entered the dining room. "Morning, sweetheart. Here, have your breakfast." said mum. I sat down and looked down at the breakfast served. "Mmm! This is really nice." I commented and mum laughed.

               "Morning, Eunwoo!" I greeted and waved as I stepped out of the front gate. "Morning!" he greeted back and patted my head. "Kaja." he said and we started walking. "It's Christmas tomorrow. You have any plans?" he asked. "Hmm... Not really." I said. "You?" I asked. "The usual. My family's having a gathering over at my grandma's." he said. "Ah, that sounds really nice." I said. "I actually wanted to spend Christmas Eve with you though but my grandma's at Daegu and mum wanted to help out with the preparations so I have to go there tonight." he said with a sigh. "It's fine, Eunwoo ah. There's always a next time! Besides, my relatives are coming over tonight." I said with a shrug. "Talking about Christmas, it hasn't snowed yet." he said lookiing up at the sky. "Yeah... Hopefully it'll snow by tomorrow. So it'd be a white Christmas!" I said and he nodded in agreement.

 

-Hours later-

 

               "So that's all for today. Have a Merry Christmas everyone!" said Mrs Jang as she dismissed the class. "Kaja kaja." said Eunwoo as I finished packing up. "Kaja." I said and got up. As we were walking out, Wooshin and Sunyoul walked into the class. "Oh, mian." said Sunyoul as he gave way for us to walk. "Gomawo." I said as I took a quick glance at Wooshin before leaving. "You know. I noticed you and him had been acting quite different lately." said Eunwoo. "Eh? What do you mean?" I asked. "Well, you both would always be annoying one another but now you guys are just... Awkward?" he said and I gulped nervously. "W-well. That's normal. You don't expect us to be annoying each other 24/7 right?" I said and laughed awkwardly.

               Well, Eunwoo's actually right. After the last day of the camp, the both of us had been quite awkward with each other. You guys probably want to know what happened right? Alright, I'll tell you guys. So, on the morning of the last day of the camp, I woke up to a comfortable warmth which turned out to be none other than Kim Wooshin himself. The moment I realised that, my eyes snapped open and looked up slowly only to see him looking down at me in surprise as well. After a moment of staring at each other like that, we quickly got off each other all flustered. "M-morning." I greeted in embarassment. "M-morning." he greeted back. After a moment of awkward silence, Wooshin got up and said, "W-well. I'll go and look for Sunyoul."

               Then yeah, none of us spoke of it which meant we literally got awkward with each other and barely talked let even annoy each other. I know this is embarassing but I have to admit, I actually missed the way we were before. I wanted to clear things up with him but I'm too embarassed to as it was technically me who actually laid and snuggled up to him overnight. *Aish! So embarassing!* I thought as I shook my head. "Wae geurae?" asked Eunwoo. "Oh? Oh, nothing. I was just shaking a fly away." I lied. Eunwoo nodded then said, "Well, I'll see you soon then." I looked to see that we already reached my front gate. "Mhmm. See ya and Merry Christmas!" I said as I stepped forward to give him a hug which he gladly returned. We then waved each other goodbye and I entered the gate.

               "There! Now the Christmas tree is complete!" cheered mum as we lit up the Christmas tree in our living room. "Is the food ready?" asked mum and I nodded in response. "Great. Now we'll wait for them to come before we can dig in." she said. "Shall we watch a movie while waiting?" suggested Jiho. "Well, good idea!" agreed mum as she went over to the sofa. I sat beside mum and Jiho sat on my right so i'm in the middle. Mum chose a movie and it soon started playing. Not long into the movie, my aunty and her family arrived.

 

-At the dining table-

 

               "It's really good to be eating like this after so long." said my aunt. "I agree." said mum who was sitting beside her. "Well, how have you two been doing?" she asked smiling at my brother and I. "We've been good." replied Jiho to which I nodded at. "Good good. So, any love stories to share?" she smiled. *Here we go.* I sighed mentally. "Well, my relationship has been going well." replied Jiho. Did I mentioned that he already has a girlfriend? Well, I'll just tell you guys that she's really pretty. "That's good. Then what about my pretty niece?" she turned and smiled at me teasingly. "Erm, I'm not in a relationship currently." I said.

               "Have you even been in a relationship before?" I turned to see my cousin, Jaehyun smirking at me. I narrowed my eyes at him before looking away. "I bet even if you want to be in a relationship, it'd be difficult since someone would be on sister protection mode." he said teasing my brother and I. "Now now." said my aunt. After dinner, all of us went to sit in the living room. "So, how has my pretty cousin been doing?" said Jaehyun as he ruffled my hair. "I'm good, thank you." I said as I glared at him. "Naww, what's with that look? I'm hurt." he said as he placed a hand on his chest dramatically. I then giggled as I punched him on the shoulder. Jaehyun is the closest and only cousin I have on my mum's side. He's 2 years older than me and also the same age as my brother so that's why we probably got along.

               A few hours later, my relatives took their leave. "Thank you for helping me with clearing up the table sweetheart." thanked mum as she gave me a side hug. "No problem mum." I smiled. "Well then, what plans do you 2 have for tomorrow?" asked mum as we sat on the sofa. "I'm taking Hyeju out on a date tomorrow." said Jiho. "I'm probably staying home? Since Eunwoo's at his grandma's-" "And you don't have a boyfriend to spend Christmas with. Boohoo." teased Jiho. "Shut up!" I said as I threw a pillow at him and glared. "Park Jiho stop teasing your sister." said mum. "Well, then you could stay home with me and bake cookies." said mum. "I'm fine with that." I smiled.

               A while later, I went up to my room for bed. "It must be sweet to have a boyfriend to spend Christmas with..." I said to myself as I stared up the ceiling. *If only I found the boy, I wonder if we'd be a couple then? I only he was here- What the?* My thoughts were interrupted by a noise from the balcony. I got up and slowly went towards the balcony. I looked to see Wooshin at the balcony. I took a deep breath before stepping out. *I'm getting all nervous for some reason.* I thought.

               "Hey." greeted Wooshin as I stepped out. "Hey." I greeted back. "How are you?" he asked sounding a littler awkward. "Good. You?" I said. "Good." he replied and then there was silence. *It's getting awkward again...* I thought as I looked down. "It hasn't snowed yet huh?" asked Wooshin after a while. "Y-yeah. It hasn't..." I spoke. "Wonder when it'll snow." said Wooshin as he looked up at the night sky. "I really hope it snows on Christmas.." I spoke softly while looking at the sky. I then felt someone staring at me and looked to see Wooshin looking at me.

               "W-what? Is there something on my face...?" I asked a little flustered. Wooshin looked away and said something which I couldn't catch as it came out like a whisper. "Sorry?" I said as I leaned forward. "Nothing." he said. "Erm, I wanted to ask you something..." he spoke. "What is it?" I asked as my heart started beating fast. "Are you... Free tomorrow?" he asked looking away with a hint of pink on his cheeks. "Erm, well. I guess." I replied with a blush creping up on my cheeks.

               "Well, you wanna go out somewhere?" he asked. *Omo, is he asking me out on a date? Omo omo.* I mentally got excited. "I mean, since I don't have any plans tomorrow and so do you..." he said as his voice trailed away. "S-sure." I said as I blushed. "Don't worry, we're only going out as friends. S-so yeah. Don't get wrong idea." he said as he looked away and rubbed his nape. He's still blushing thought. "Y-yeah! Totally. Pfft." I said as I stuttered a little. "See you tomorrow then." said Wooshin. "Yeah, see you." I said as I smiled and entered my room.

 

-The next morning-

 

               I woke early the next day and went down to be greeted by the smell of freshly baked cookies. "Mmm! That smells really good!" I said as I entered the kitchen. "Good morning, sweetheart." greeted mum as she took out the batch of cookies from the oven. "Morning, eomma!" I greeted back and kissed her on the cheek. "I thought you said you wanted to bake together." I pouted. "Sorry, dear. I got a little excited." she giggled. "It's alright. Anyways, I'm going out later." I said. "Oh? I thought Eunwoo was at his grandmother's?" asked mum in confusion. "N-no. I'm going out with someone else." I said.

               "It's a boy isn't it?" said mum with a smile on her face. "W-well..." I said as my voice trailed off. "Have fun then. Make sure you dress up nicely." said mum with a wink. "Tsk. Eomma, we're only going out as friends." I said. "Sure." said mum with an amused smile. *Eomma, really...* I thought as I shook my head.

               "Presents time!!" shouted the 3 of us as we began tearing up the presents. "Omo, this bag is really pretty! Thanks, eomma!" I said as I hugged mum. "Wow, this is quite cool." muttered Jiho as he looked at the present mum gave him in aww. "Thanks, eomma." he said. "Thank you to the both of you too for these lovely presents." said mum with a smile. "Your present was cute too." I said to Jiho. "The same to you too." he winked. He bought me a cute necklace and bracelet set while I bought him a watch from his favourite brand. "Anyway, I should get going." said Jiho as he got up. "Bye!" I said as I waved. "I should get ready too." I said as I slowly got up. "Make sure to make yourself pretty." said mum with a teasing smile.

               "Now, this should be fine right?" I said as I looked at the outfit I laid out on the bed. I chose to wear a white sweater with blue jeans and a pair of white muffins just in case it gets too cold. After dressing up, I went to apply light makeup and sprayed perfume. "Guess this is good." I said as I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked at the clock to see it's 1:55pm. Wooshin said to meet at 2pm. *I probably should get going.* I thought and went down.

               "My my. You look lovely." commented mum. "Thank you." I smiled. "Well, then. Go have fun on your date." teased mum. "Eomma!" I pouted. "Fine fine. Now get going." she smiled. "Bye!" I said as I went off. As I got out of the gate, Wooshin was already waiting for me. He was wearing a simple sweater and jeans. He looked really cute actually. "Hey." I greeted. Wooshin looked at me and smiled before greeting back. "Kaja." he said and started walking.

               "Where are we going?" I asked. He glanced at me and said, "I don't know. We'll just walk to wherever we feel like." he said which made me giggle. "What?" he asked looking at me. "Nothing. I just didn't expect you to say that." I smiled. He smiled and looked back forward. "First of all, are you hungry?" he asked. "Kinda. I only had some cookies my mum baked this morning." I replied. "Well then, does a cafe sounds good to you?" he asked. "Mhmm. Sounds good." I smiled as I nodded.

 

-In the cafe-

 

               "Thank you." I said with a smile as the waiter served my hot chocolate. "Mmm, hits the spot." I said and took another sip. Just then, I heard a chuckle. "What?" I said looking up at Wooshin. "Nothing. I just thought you looked cute." he said with a slight blush. "U-uhuh. Thanks." I said as I looked away and took another sip. "You should eat your cake." he said. "Oh, yeah." I said and took a bite of my chocolate mocha cake. "Omg. It tastes so nice." I said. "Are you always like this when you taste something nice?" asked Wooshin with an amused smile. "W-well. It's just my natural reaction..." I spoke softly and Wooshin laughed. *His laugh...* I thought as I looked at him.

               "What?" he asked. "N-nothing." I said looking down. *His laugh sounded familiar...* I thought. "Jieun ah." he said and I looked at him slowly. Just then, he lifted his right hand and reached towards my face. *M-mwoya...* I thought as my heart started racing. "You got some cream here." he said as he wiped off the cream that was on the corner of my lip. "Oh, haha." I laughed in embarassment. *Omo. Park Jieun. This is not the time to be unglam. Maintain.* I mentally scolded myself. Wooshin chuckled then went to eat his cake. *But... It's weird seeing him act this way. But I like it.* I thought as I smiled to myself.

 

Wooshin's POV

               Jieun and I had already left the cafe hours ago. Now we were walking along the streets in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was rather comfortable. You guys must be wondering why I actually asked her out today right? Well, it's because I actually overheard her conversation with Eunwoo yesterday morning about him spending Christmas at his grandmother's with left her with no plans for Christmas. It was a coincedence since I didn't have any plans today either. So I thought, why not.

               I glanced over at Jieun to see her looking at the lights in aww. I admit, she looked really cute. I intended to only glance at her but it was probably too long for a 'glance' as Jieun turned to look at me in confusion. *Damn that made her look even cuter.* I thought as I quickly looked away and felt myself blushin. *Ok, control yourself Wooshin. Or else you'll come off as a creep.* I thought as I took a deep breath. I then glanced at my watch to see that it was 7:30pm. Wow, time passed by so fast. "Wanna take a rest over there?" I asked as I pointed to a bench nearby. "Sure." she said and we went towards the bench.

               *Should I give it to her now?* I thought as I took a quick glance at her. I actually prepared a small gift for her. I didn't know what to get her so I just went with the first thing that popped into my mind. *I should just give it to her.* I thought as I took out the box that was in my pocket. "Here." I said as I handed the box over while trying to sound as cool as possible. "For me?" she asked with wide eyes. "No. For your pet dog." I said sarcastically. "Of course it's for you, babo." I said. "Tsk. Gomawo and I don't have a dog for your info." she said as she took the box. She then opened it and she gasped.

               "It's beautiful. Gomawo." she said smiling down at her gift. I smiled in relief seeing her reaction. I got her a keychain with a butterfly hanging from it. "You know... I actually have a similar keychain like this." she spoke softly. *Similar keychain?* I thought. "Really?" I asked. "Yeah. It was given to me from a long time ago." she said as she smile nostalgically. *I wonder how that keychain looks like...* I wondered. Just then, she turned at me and held out a small box.

               "What's this?" I asked. "Open it!" she said as she placed the box on my hand and urged me to open it. "Oh.." I said as opened the box. "Such coincidence huh?" she giggled. "Yeah. It is." I chuckled. Turned out she had also given me a keychain but with the letter 'W' hanging from it. "Thanks." I said. "No problem." she replied with a smile.

               "You know, I actually been wanting to apologise to you." she spoke. "Apologise? What for?" I asked as my brows furrowed in confusion. "W-well. On the last day of c-camp." she stuttered and I blushed as I recalled that morning. "O-oh... No problem. I- err. Didn't mind. Haha." I said with an awkward laugh. It's true though, I really didn't mind. In fact, I actually enjoyed the warmth. "Then why did you seemed awkward after that? You literally avoided me." she said with a frown. *What..?* I thought, surprised at her words.

               "A-avoided you?" I repeated in confusion. "Well, I didn't mean to actually avoid you. I guess I just got... Shy." I said softly. "Oh." said Jieun as she looked down. "Well, did you actually missed me annoying you?" I teased to lighten up the mood which instantly worked. "Wha- In your dreams, Kim Wooshin." she said. "It does happen all the time in my dream." I further which made her blush. "Yeah right." she said and punched my arm. I chuckled and looked up. *Oh!* I thought as my eyes widened at the sight of the plant hanging above Jieun.

               "What are you- Oh..." she said as she saw what I was looking at. Jieun was actually sitting right under a mistletoe. I'm sure you guys know of the tradition thingy. "Well, it's just a mistletoe. I'm sure you don't believe or go with the tradition. I mean, people rarely do nowadays." she said. A thought ran through me before saying, "What if I do?". Then, I did the craziest thing ever.

 

Ji Eun's POV

               "What if I do?" said Wooshin. *Eh?* I thought as I looked at him. Before I had anytime to react, I felt his soft lips on mine. *OMG WHAT IS HAPPENING?* My thoughts were a mess and I couldn't process what was happening. However, I don't why but the kiss felt so right. Soon, my eyes closed and I slowly responded to it as I felt butterflies in my stomache. The kiss was soft and sweet, I was really melting into it but Wooshin slowly broke the kiss. We stared at each other for a moment before our eyes widened and we quickly looked away from each other.

               "S-sorry. I-I j-just erm. I'm sorry." he stuttered. "N-no. It's ok." I said as I blushed furiously. Then there it was, the awkward silence. Just then, I felt something cold landed on cheeks. *Is it...?* I thought as I looked up and saw white pretty snowflakes falling from the sky. "It's snowing..." I spoke softly and smiled as I reached out for the snowflakes. "So it snowed right on Christmas." he said. "Yeah." I replied and looked at him. Wooshin did the same and smiled. "Well, um. Do you wanna head home?" he asked. "Yeah, sure." I said and got up.

               By the time we reached our front gates, it snowed quite heavily and our footprints could be seen in the snow. *It is a White Christmas afterall..* I thought with a smile. "Well then, it was a nice day." said Wooshin. "Yeah. Thank you for today." I replied shyly. "You should get in quickly. It's getting really cold. Make sure you stay warm." he said. "Yeah, you too." I said and smiled up at him. He gave one last smile and a wave before going into his front gate. I quickly went in as well and was greeted by Jiho who was walking by to the living room.

               "Oh ho ho. My little sister is finally home. How was your date?" he smirked. "It went very nice. Thank you for asking." I replied and changed my shoes into my house slippers. "Mhmm." he chuckled. "Welcome home, sweetheart." greeted mum as she came out from the living room. "Did you have fun?" she asked. "I did and I'm very tired from walking so if you don't mind. I'm going up to my room now." I said as I quickly made my way up. "Oh, Merry Christmas by the way!" I said as I walking skipping up the stairs.

               It's now 11:15pm and I'm still wide awake. Why? Well, it's because I kept recalling the kiss from earlier on. *The softeness of his lips and the way his kiss felt... Kyaaaa!* I thought as I buried my face into the pillow. *I wonder if the kiss actually meant anything to him though.* I thought as I sighed. I mean, it's probably because I happened to be under the mistletoe and he was following the tradition, right? But one thing for sure, I had this wierd but in-a-good-kind-of-way feelng during the kiss. I couldn't help but wonder.

 

 

 

 

               *Why did it felt like we've kissed before?*

 


Updated!

 

Hohoho! How did you guys find this chapter?

I know I didn't update last weekend and I'm sorry but I hope this chapter actually made it up! Kekeke.

 

 

 

Now for some pictures....

This was how Jieun looked on the date

 

And this was how Wooshin looked on the date

 

 

 

 

See you guys in my next update! :D

 

 

Tell me, how was your Christmas? :)

 


Credits to the right owners.