The Enemy

The Sworn Enemy & I

Ji Eun's POV

       "Ok class. I"m going to give back your exam paper. I'll call your names one by one." says Mrs Jang. "Oh Yujin... Shin Minah..." Mrs Jang started calling up names and soon she called my name. She handed me the paper with a wide smile on her face which means I did well again. I returned the smile and went back to my seat. *Now... What did I get...* I thought as I slowly flipped the paper over. Then I saw it. Right at the top right corner showed '97/100' in red. *Yes! Increased by 2 marks.* I mentally cheered as my left hand balled into a fist.

       *Now all that's left is...* "I am proud to see many of you getting high scores but as usual, we have the top 2 scorers in our class again this year." said Mrs Jang as I bit my lip in anticipation. "It's gonna be the 2 of them again huh." "I wonder who's the top scorer this time." "They both got the same scores for the final exams last year right?" "Yeah yeah" The class erupted into whispers as they anticipated the results. "So, in 2nd place it's..." *Please please please* I chanted mentally as I held both hands together. "Park Ji Eun!" *Damn it. That means he's-* "And the top scorer is Kim Wooshin!" announced Mrs Jang as she clapped. "Woo! Congrats!" "Yeah! You're the man!" said some of the classmates as they congratulated him.

       "Congratulations both of you. Keep it up." praised Mrs Jang with a smile. Just then, the bell rang and the class was dismissed for lunch. I was slowly packing my bag when a figure approached my table. "You've work hard." said the person in an amused tone. "Shut up." I replied. I didn't have to look up to see as I already know who it was. "Don't need to get all grumpy." he chuckled. I finished packing and looked up at him at him in the eye. "Mind your own business. Now shoo." I said with a glare. He smirked and then walked out of the class. I sighed in exasperation and got up.

       "Cheer up." said someone. "I'm fine." I replied. "Yeah, right. Come on, I'll get you your favourite pudding." with that, my lips curved into a smile. "Thank you!! You really know how to cheer me up, Eunwoo ah." I said happily as I hugged my one and only best friend. "No problem, anything for my best friend." he smiled and pat my head. I broke the hug then grabbed his arm and left the class quickly as we head to the cafeteria.

 

-At the cafeteria-

 

       "I'll go get the pudding. Be right back." said Eunwoo as he placed his tray and went away. The vending machine was just at the corner of the cafeteria which could be seen from our table. He got the pudding and smiled as he walked back to the table. As he was walking back, he received a couple of heys and hellos and also dreamy smiles from girls. "Popular as always huh?" I smirked as soon as he sat down. "Says the school's 'Goddess'." he smirked and gave me my pudding. "Whatever 'Prince Charming'." I giggled as I started eating.

       I was peacefully eating when the caferteria erupted with squeals and giggles. I looked up to see a group of boys and one of them being my sworn enemy. "Urgh. Can't I eat in peace?" I groaned. Eunwoo looked at me and chuckled. "Seriously, what do they see in that jerk that's charming or attractive?" I frowned. "Well, you know how you girls these days go for those with a cold vibe that screams 'bad boy'. That's the school's 'Ice Prince' for you." said Eunwoo in a matter-of-fact tone. "Pfft. Well, at least not me and are you like, jealous?" I said as I wriggled my eyebrows to . "Why would I be when I have you, the 'Goddess' on my side?" he smirked and winked. I laughed as I shook my head in amusement then continued eating. As I looked up, I immediately had eye contact with the 'Ice Prince'. We stared for a few seconds when he stucked his tongue out and I rolled my eyes looking away. I admit that he is good looking but really, he's just a jerk.

       Now you guys are probably wondering how this rivalry between us started. Well, let me tell you the story. It all started 2 years ago on the first day of high school. The first years were required to gather at the hall and were needed to be with our assigned class. As I found my class, I was walking towards a seat when someone bumped into me. "Watch where you're going." he said. I looked at him and glared. "You're the one who bumped into me first." I said. "Excuse me? It was you. So, apologise." he said as he continued staring straight at me. "Whatever." I said as rolled my eyes and went to seat on an empty chair in the second row. He looked at me before he sat and faced the front. *Great. It's just the 1st day and I've already made someone dislike me.* I thought when someone sat beside me on my left. I turned to see that it was a boy who was rather good looking and not to mention, has very fair and milky skin.

       Just then, he looked at me and smiled. *My, he is really good looking.* I thought as I returned the smile. "Hi, I'm Cha Eun Woo." he introduced as he held out a hand. "Park Ji Eun." I replied as I took his hand and shook it gently. "So, high school huh. Kinda nervous." he said. "Yeah, I know right?" I chuckled while he smiled at me. Then the principal came up the stage, welcomed and gave us a talked about the school etc. Soon, we were escorted by our form teacher, Mrs Jang, to our classroom which had the sign '1-8' on top. We were then called one by one and was assigned to a table each. My table was at the last row and Eunwoo's was the table diagonally away from my right at the row infront of mine. I looked forward and noticed that the person that bumped into me was still standing infront.

       "Kim Wooshin." Mrs Jang called out and he stepped out. Mrs Jang then pointed to a table which was at the 4th row, a table diagonally away from my left. *So, his name is Kim Wooshin.* I thought as I mentally took note. Soon enough, 3 months had passed and we were getting back our 1st exam papers.  "Ok class. I"m going to give back your exam paper. I'll call your names one by one." says Mrs Jang. *Woah, '90/100'* I thought as I got back my paper and mentally praised myself. "Now, I am pleased to announce that the top 2 scorers are from our class." said Mrs Jang. "Firstly we have Jieun with 90/100 and Wooshin with 91/100. Congrats, both of you. Keep it up." she smiled and clapped along with the whole class. *That makes me 2nd and him 1st...* I thought as I looked over at Wooshin to see him already looking at me. I was about to smile at him when he stucked his tongue out at me and smirked. *Did he just- Oh, you wait. I'll get 1st in the next exam.* I vowed as I balled my hands into fists.

       Then that's how our rivalry started. We both kept competing for the 1st place in every exams from that day on. Luck was probably on his side this time so he won for a start. However, he was only 1 point higher and I lost just by that 1 miserable point. Urgh. "You can give me that pudding if you don't want to eat it you know." I snapped out of my thoughts by Eunwoo's words. "What?" I said in confusion. "You've been frowning and stabbing that pudding since a while ago." he smirked. I looked down at my pudding to see it all smashed. "Oh." I said as I showed a sheepish smile and ate it. "Him getting 1st seemed to be bothering you quite alot." he said. "It's just annoying how he has 'Hahaha. I won again.' shown across his face whenever he wins." I frowned. Eunwoo didn't say anything but chuckled at my actions.

       Hours passed and school ended. I am now walking back home with Eunwoo. We both stayed in the same neighbourhood and he stayed just a few houses away. "This ice cream never fails to cheer me up." I said as I ate happily. "Yeah, I can see that." said Eunwoo with an amused smiled. "What?" I asked as I looked at him. "You're quite the messy eater when it comes to ice cream." he chuckled as he placed his thumb on the left corner of my lip to wipe the smear off. "Thanks." I said and gave him a cheeky smile.

       When we were reaching my house, we noticed there was a moving lorry parked in front of the house next to mine "New neighbour?" he said as we walked pass the house. "Probably." I shrugged. "Well then. Bye, see you tomorrow." said Eunwoo as he waved. "See ya!" I said as I waved back. I took one last glance next door before I entered my house. "I'm home." I said when I entered. "Oh, you're home." Go was up quickly and help me prepare dinner." instructed mum. "Alright. Oh, by the way. Are we having new neighbours?" I asked. "Yes. They're moving in tomorrow. Their stuffs are coming in tonight." said mum. "Ah, I see." I nodded and proceeded up to my room.

 

-Dinner-

 

       It was half way through dinner when mum spoke. "Oh, right. Jieun ah, did you get back your exam paper?" asked mum. "I scored 97/100." I stated and mum nodded. "And what did that enemy of yours get?" I looked to see my older brother wriggling his eyebrows with a smirk across his face. *He just had to bring it up.* I thought as I mentally stabbed him. I narrowed my eyes at him before answering. "Just a point higher than me.". "Aww. So my baby sister got 2nd this time. Boohoo." he teased. "Shut up." I hissed as I glared at him while he's still making faces. "Park Ji Ho. Stop teasing your sister. I don't want to see any dead bodies on my dining table." said mum.

       If you guys are wondering, yes, I do have a brother who's 2 years older than me. He likes to tease me and all but he's actually a really sweet and caring brother. Not to mention, protective of his younger sister. Yeap, he's that kind of brother who looks out for his younger sister eventhough he rarely shows it. There was once where I was in middle school and some boy tried hitting on me or in other words, tried to make me fall for him by buying me drinks and even followed me around school. I was actually creeped out but decided to just let him be. However, one day, he suddenly stopped doing all that. He stayed away from me and didn't even dare to have any eye contact with me. Soon, I found out that it was all my brother's doing. My brother knew about this boy and what he was doing so he actually confronted the boy and warned him to stop.

       So yeah, that was what happened in the past. I wonder what would happen if I tell him that I have a crush on some boy or when I actually have a boyfriend. Kekeke. Anyways, we finished eating dinner and I was washing the dishes. "So, 1 point apart again huh." he chuckled. "Mhmm." I replied. "Cheer up. Don't take it too seriously. At least be proud that you're in the top 2." he said. See, what'd I tell you about my brother being sweet and caring? "Yeah, I am. It's just, that jerk tends to be really annoying." I complained. "Then would you like it if he suddenly got stupid and drop his grades?" he asked. I looked up to see him looking at me with a smirk. "You know I could probably do something if you want." he said wriggling his brows. "No. Eventhough he's my sworn enemy, I wouldn't want you to do anything." I said with an amused smile. I wiped the last plate and placed it on the rack.

       "So you do actually care for this 'sworn enemy' of yours." he said as I was about to leave the kitchen. I turned around to see him smirking. "No, what I meant by 'wouldn't want you to do anything' is 'I want to fight by myself and win with my own abilities'." I said as I narrowed my eyes and placed my hands on my hips. "Are you sure?" he teased further. "Whatever." I rolled my eyes and went up to my room. After I finished doing my usual night routine, I went to tidy up my study desk when I knocked over my school bag and my file slipped out. "Tsk." I clucked my tongue as I squatted to pick up the papers that fanned out. As I was putting it back into the file, I came across the exam paper from this morning which immediately reminded me of that jerk. I frowned as I shoved the file into my bag and went to bed.

 

 

 

 

          "I hate you Kim Wooshin."

 


 

Hello guys! How did you find the 1st chapter of my new fanfic? It's quite long huh. Hehe.

 

 

Anyways, let me talk about the characters a little.

 

Firstly, Wooshin from UP10TION. They have just debuted recently with "So Dangerous" and I love them. Not to mention one of the member, Hwanhee, who looks and sounds similar to EXO's Baekhyun. No one can deny that fact. Of course, Wooshin who's real name is Kim Wooseok, is my biasin the group. He is really good looking I mean, just look at his eyes. I can't help but choose him as my bias the moment I saw his eyes.Not to mention his fingers.Damn, they're so so pretty like asdfgh- I kennut. XD I also find it cute how he likes to hug s especially the maknae, Xiao. Hug me too juseyo~ Kekeke.

 

  

 

 

 

Secondly, Cha Eun Woo from ASTRO. The group hasn't debuted yet but they acted in the web drama "To Be Continued" and gained popularity from there. As for Eunwoo, his real name is Lee Dong Min. He's born on the 30th March 1997 and he is the visual of the group. He's really good looking~

 

 

 

 

Lastly, Park Ji Ho who is Ji Eun's older brother in this fanfic. In real life, he's one of the popular ulzzangs.

 

 

 

 

That's all for this chapter. See you in the next one!

 


Credits to the right owners.