A Shoulder To Cry On

Baby Hyung

Minseok was extremely happy today. His parents were coming to Seoul to visit him. That in itself was enough to make him bounce with joy. But what made this day even better was the fact that his parents were bringing MiMi with them.

MiMi is an adorable orange tabby that Minseok got for his birthday when he turned 10 years old. Oh how wonderful that day was. He and MiMi were inseparable. He even cried when he moved out of the house to move in with his eleven other friends. But of course he got over it, and every once in awhile he would go visit his parents and his beloved MiMi.

He rushed around the house, cleaning and organizing things. The others simply watched in amusement as their cutie hyung skipped around happily, dusting and rearranging shelves.

After fixing up his and Luhan's shared room, he was about to leave the room when his phone rang from the nightstand. He smiled seeing his mother's name pop up on the screen.

"Umma! Hello~" he chirped into the receiver.

"Oh....M-Minseok..." 

Minseok furrowed his eyebrows. His mother sounded as if she was....crying?

"Umma, are you alright?"

"Minseok, I'm so sorry. We won't be able to come to visit you. Y-your father couldn't get the day off of work."

"Oh.." He mumbled. Disappointed, he slupped his shoulders. "W-well that's okay. Maybe we can plan out another visit?"

"O-of course. But there's something else I need to tell you."

Minseok raised an eyebrow. "Oh? What's up?"

"MiMi....she died this morning. I'm so sorry Minseok but she was an old cat. I'm sorry dear."

He froze. MiMi is dead?

"Minseok? Are you there?"

"I-i have t-to go..."

He hung up the call and dropped the duster onto the floor. Slowly walking out of the room and towards the stairs, he felt tears filling his eyes. The shock of the information, the overwhelming sadness from sudden memories, and slight anger from not being there during MiMi's last moments. It was all too much for him.

Some might think of this as an overreaction, but any pet owner can tell you how attached you can get to an animal. It would be the same as losing a human family member.

"Minnie? Hyung, are you okay?" Kai asked, concern lacing his voice. Minseok didn't even realize he made it to the bottom of the stairs.

"God Minseok hyung, what's wrong?" Suho asked. By now all the boys had circled around their hyung who had obvious tears in his eyes.

"Mi-" he choked a bit.

"Yeah hyung?" Sehun nodded, motioning for Minseok to continue.

"Mi....Mi."

"MiMi? What about MiMi? Are your parents bringing her?" Luhan questioned. Minseok shook his head.

"MiMi....s-she...s-she.."

"Spit it out hyung! You act like she died!" Kris exclaimed.

That sent Minseok over the edge.

With a loud wail, he fell to his knees, the tears finally coming out in streams that stained his chubby cheeks. Everyone sent a hard punch to Kris's arm before kneeling next to Minseok. Chen was the first to wrap him into his arms.

"Hyung? Did MiMi die?" He asked quietly. Minseok simply nodded as his wails got louder. Luhan pushed Chen away and pulled Minseok into his chest.

"Shut up, Chen! Don't remind him that MiMi died!"

Minseok's sobs became violent at Luhan's loud voice. Kyungsoo dragged Luhan away from Minseok by the hair while Baekhyun took his place hugging Minseok.

"It's okay hyung." He whispered, slightly panicky. Minseok almost never cried. At least not in front of everyone. No one really knew how to cheer him up since he was pretty much always happy.

"Let's not just let him sit on the floor." Chanyeol mumbled, snaking one arm around Minseok's waist and another under his legs. He gently lifted the crying boy, bridal style, and carried him to the couch. He sat down and placed Minseok on his lap.

"What should we do?" Kai whispered to Lay who simply shrugged.

"What if we got him another cat!" Tao exclaimed happily, sending Minseok into another round of violent sobbing. Kyungsoo slapped his shoulder.

"You can't just replace his pet." He hissed.

"Ow! Well do you have a better solution?" Tao hissed back, looking over at the couch where Chanyeol gently rocked Minseok while Suho sat on one side holding his hands and Baekhyun sat on the another side playing with his hair  

"Well....." Kyungsoo thought for a moment. "What if someone dressed up into the kitty outfit Minseok has? That way we're not exactly replacing MiMi."

Lay clapped his hands. "Good idea!"

"One problem. No one fits in Minseok's clothes." Kai sighed. "We're all too tall."

"Except for Satan, himself." Baekhyun said looking at Kyungsoo.

All eyes turned to Kyungsoo.

"No. No. Nope. Uh uh. Sorry but not happening." He said crossing his arms.

"Please hyung!" Sehun whined. "We can't just leave Minnie hyung to cry over MiMi."

Kyungsoo was about to refuse when Minseok whined loudly. "Mi...Mi....I-i, wahhhhhh!"

Kyungsoo sighed knowing no one could just watch someone like Minseok suffer. Turning to the stairs, he stomped up them and went to change his clothes.

Kai, Chen, Tao, and Lay quietly cheered before taking their places sitting around their crying hyung.

A few minutes later, Minseok's crying had quieted some when Kyungsoo walked down the stairs. Everyone turned to face him and saw something that would make anyone's jaw drop.

Kyungsoo in tight black pants, black sweater, and cat ears. Blushing slightly, he walked in front of where Minseok sat, kneeled down, and held his fist against his own face in attempt to be cute.

"I'm SooKitty." He shuddered at his own words. "Am I cute, hyung?"

Minseok looked at him a moment before tackle hugging Kyungsoo. "SooKitty!"

Taken aback, Kyungsoo fell onto his back with a clingy Minseok on top of him. Minseok nuzzled his face into Kyungsoo's neck, smiling softly.

"Thank you, SooKitty." He whispered, planting a kiss on Kyungsoo's red cheek.

"Y-yah! What about LuKitty?" Luhan whined, kneeling down, copying Kyungsoo's earlier actions. Kai quickly followed.

"No no. KaiKitty!"

"GalaxyKitty is better." Kris interjected.

"SeKitty. Cuter than all of you." Sehun sneered. 

"Pfft please." Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Ain't nobody got time for your basic cuteness. BaekKitty, is supreme."

"Everyone shut up." Kyungsoo said, standing up with a smiling Minseok in his arms.

"SooKitty for the win."

 

 

 

 

 

-

A/N ;-

I'm sorry for being gone. I haven't had access to a computer lately.