Chapter 9

Exo planet

“Oppa” Joonmyun groaned as he felt multiple small hands shake him “5 more minutes” he muttered as he buried his face deeper in his pillow which only caused the shaking to grow worse. “Oppa wake up!” with a second groan Joonmyun opened his eyes and noticed that there was a group of children in front of him. A large yawn left his lips as he sat up trying to get the sleep out of his eyes “morning Oppa” one of the girls said with a big grin “morning so why did you guys felt the need to wake me up at” he glanced at the clock “7 am?” normally he didn’t really mind to be woken up this early. But since he had woken up in the middle of the night to help Baekhyun with the flowers he wasn’t really pleased to wake up this early he’d rather slept for at least another hour. “we wanted to play with you and Baekhyun Hyung, but he won’t wake up” one of the boys said with a small frown. When Joonmyun turned to look at Baekhyun he noticed how his cheeks seemed a bit flushed so he got out of bed and walked over to the other to check if his suspicions were right. “sorry guys but I don’t think that Baekhyun will play with us today he seems to have a slight fever” with this the kids whined softly but accepted the answer and went off to start playing.

Once the kids were gone Joonmyun shook Baekhyun awake “I don’t want to play I want to sleep” Baekhyun muttered as he buried his face in his pillow. “Baek it’s me you have a slight fever so I’ll get you some medicine okay” he didn’t really expect the other to answer since it seemed that he had already fallen asleep again. But he did get a small nod “I’ll be right back”

It didn’t take him long to find Mr. Choi who seemed to have just woken up himself “morning Mr. Choi” “ah good morning Joonmyun, is something wrong?” “I was wondering if we have some medicine Baekhyun woke up with a light fever, but better to treat it now than when it gets worse” “I’ll see if we have some” Joonmyun nodded as he waited for Mr. Choi to return with the medicine. “here you go, let him take this after he had something to eat and tell him to get lots of rest for today then he should be as new tomorrow” “thank you” Joonmyun quickly grabbed a small piece of bread since he figured that Baekhyun wouldn’t be all to hungry and went back to the bed.

“Baek I need you to eat this and take the medicine after that you can go back to sleep” Joonmyun said as he softly shook the other awake. Baekhyun ate the bread and took the medicine before he laid down again and fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. As he turned around he saw the children playing at their beds and he knew that if he went there he would be playing all day so he decided to go to the bathroom first to talk to Regina about Baekhyun’s condition.

Joonmyun I was expecting you” Regina said with a smile as she appeared once Joonmyun closed the door “how is Baekhyun?” she asked “he has a slight fever, but he should be better when he wakes up tomorrow” he said as he took a seat on the floor. He grabbed a glass of water and started playing with it while he talked to Regina it was a simple training to concentrate his powers while doing something else to. It had taken a while for him to be able to do so but by now he could at least talk to someone while using his powers. “I suspect that you already know the reason behind Baekhyun’s fever” “I have a theory” Joonmyun muttered as he started forming shapes with the water. “I think it’s because he keeps waking up late at night while using his powers and then wakes up early again for training, am I right?” Regina nodded.

you are, while it wouldn’t be a problem for you or the others to use your powers for long period. This is because you elements are still around you, like for example water for you there is water around you that you can use. For Baekhyun this is not the case while he can create light out of thin air it does take a lot for him to do so, while the artificial lights do help him a little natural sun light is the best source for him. And because sun light hasn’t been seen for so long Baekhyun will have to create it himself which will get to him if he does it as much as he does now especially at night.

Joonmyun nodded “so how will it always be like this as long as the forces are at power” “no the more he trains his power the easier it will get. But if you want to help him out you can use a flashlight that way he can bend the light from it that way it will be less tiring than creating it” “okay I’ll keep that in mind.” After this did some more training before he went back to check on Baekhyun he was glad to find that the fever had already gone down a bit. Of course as soon as the kids saw him he was dragged off to play so he spend the rest of his day playing with the children.

Chanyeol p.o.v:

It had been a week full of training for Chanyeol as he was determined to go outside as soon as possible in order to help and according to Regina he was almost ready. Ever since Regina had told him he was almost ready he had been daydreaming about how it would look outside of the walls. Today was one of those days again where he was daydreaming about him helping people and defeating the forces. “Chanyeol someone from the organization wants to speak to you” he immediately snapped out of his thoughts he hadn’t even noticed that the organization had arrived. He almost jumped up and ran towards the small meeting room where the organization would always talk with the elders about the whole situation outside. When he opened the door he was greeted by his mother and Minho “Hyung, mom” he said with a big grin as he closed the door behind him. “take a seat Chanyeol” Minho said as he gestured to a set next to his Mrs. Park which Chanyeol quickly did as he was curious why he was called here.

“you’re probably wondering why you were called here right?” Chanyeol simply nodded “I talked with your mother about the fact that you asked to join the organization” Minho said Chanyeol took a quick glance at his mother a bit nervous about what she said. “I also brought it up to my team and my supervisor and they all thought that it would be good to have some new recruits so if you still wish to join and your mother gives permission than you’re more than welcome” Minho said. Chanyeol smiled “seriously? I can join the organization” he almost bounced in his chair in excitement as this was his dream ever since he was little “only if your mother agrees” Minho said in kind of stern voice. Chanyeol was quick to turn towards his mother who didn’t really seem all too thrilled about the idea “mom?” she looked at him and grabbed his hand giving it a small squeeze “is this really what you want?” Chanyeol didn’t even think before he nodded. Mrs. Park let out a soft sighed “well it was all you ever talked about since you were 8 years old, you were going to help people from all the terrible things that walk outside. So if this will make you happy then I will give you my permission to join” Chanyeol grinned as he pulled his mother into a hug “thank you mom” he kissed her on her cheek with a big smile. “but! You will write me at least once a month” she said in her ‘don’t even try to argue’ voice which caused Chanyeol to nod “I will mom promise” Mrs. Park nodded as she turned to Minho “and you better make sure he comes back in one piece” Minho was also quick to agree.

“well then welcome to the organization Park Chanyeol” “thank you” Minho smiled and stood up from his chair “next time when we come here I expect you ready to go” “of course” “good well we’ll see you in a few days then” he said before he walked out of the room. Once Minho was gone Chanyeol turned himself to his mother and noticed that she was crying “mom? Why are you crying?” he asked worried as he took her hand in his. She smiled and shook her head slightly “it’s nothing Chanyeol I’m just so proud of you” she squeezed his hands “you’ve grown up in such a great young man” “of course I was raised by the best” Chanyeol said with a big grin causing his mother to chuckle.

“just promise me one thing Chanyeol” he looked curiously at his mother “never forget to fight for what you believe in” he nodded and once again pulled his mother into a hug. After a minute Mrs. Park softly pushed him back “now let’s get your stuff sorted out cause you will have to be ready when they come again” she said with a smile. Chanyeol nodded and went with his mother in order to pack his stuff he was happy that he would finally be able to fight, but he was sad that he would have to leave his mother.


Next update: 5-11