Chapter 6

Exo planet

Baekhyun p.o.v

It was in the middle of the night when Baekhyun woke up to yet another nightmare about ‘that’ day he sat up and looked around himself for a bit only to be met by darkness and soft snores from Joonmyun and the sound of other people’s breathing. He sighed softly as he hoped out of his bed and made his way towards the bathroom to get a glass of water when he spotted the flowers. “flowers won’t grow without light so maybe I should give them some” he muttered to himself as he quickly made his way over to the table filled with pots. He took a deep breath as he held his hand above one of the pots once he breathed out slowly his hand started glowing a gentle light which shone upon the dirt. Satisfied with the result he repeated this with all the other pots before he headed back to his bed completely failing to notice that someone had seen him do all that stuff.

As Baekhyun snuck back into his bed he fell asleep with a small smile on his lips as he knew that soon the building would be filled with beautiful flowers. All that he hoped for was that the flowers would help to bring some hope to the people again.

The next day Baekhyun woke up early, to early if you asked him, he decided to turn around and try to sleep some more. When he did he noticed how the bed next to him was empty “Hyung?” he sat up slightly to see if he could see the other “he’s probably in the showers” he mumbled to himself “I guess that I also could use a shower.” After grabbing some clothes he made his way to the bathroom a small smile formed on his lips when he walked past the table with the pots on it. When Baekhyun was about to open the door of the bathroom he stopped in his tracks as he heard someone inside.

why didn’t you tell me?

Baekhyun immediately recognized it as Joonmyun’s voice but he didn’t hear anyone else so who was he talking to?

I know that I should figure it out myself but still you could’ve dropped some hints

only because I saw him!

fine but I think it’s still unfair

Being the curious guy that he is Baekhyun decided to just go inside and see what was happening and when he did he was shocked at what he saw. There in the middle of the bathroom stood Joonmyun surrounded by a circle of water which floated in the air. “Hyung?” Joonmyun’s eyes widened as he noticed the younger who was now standing in front of the door “B-Baekhyun?” “so this is why you were already awake?” Baekhyun smiled as he walked over to the older and poked the water “this is so cool.” Joonmyun snapped out of his shock when he watched the younger “wait you’re not freaked out? Or shocked?” he asked “should I be?” Baekhyun chuckled softly at the look on Joonmyun’s face. “well I suppose not since you are a walking light bulb” “what?” “I saw you yesterday Baek with the flowers” “then I suppose that we can stop being all secretive about it” the younger said with a small smile.

I told you it wasn’t so hard to find the other’s Joonmyun

Regina said with a sly grin as she appeared “oh please if I wouldn’t have seen him yesterday I would’ve probably never found out” Joonmyun said as he rolled his eyes at her “well now you found him so let me introduce you two.” Joonmyun quickly got rid of the water “Joonmyun this is the guardian of light Baekhyun, Baekhyun meet the leader of the guardians Joonmyun the guardian of water” a grin appeared on the younger’s lips as he gave a small nod of knowledge. “our leader huh? Well it’s nice to meet you leader” “it’s also nice to meet you” the two laughed as Regina just watched with a smile.

“wait now I’m curious where is your mark?” “it’s on my right shoulder” “what? How come I’ve never seen it? I have cleaned your wound so many times” Baekhyun smiled “well I’m the guardian of light I can cover something like that up with a small illusion of light.” Joonmyun chuckled “sneaky” he said with a smile “how about you?” “mine is pretty obvious” the older said as he showed the other his palm. The two of them stayed inside of the bathroom for a while just to talk about their powers and how they got them, which was harder for Baekhyun then for Joonmyun, they even showed each other some tricks that they learned to do along the way.

“so what were you doing with those flowers yesterday?” “well flowers need light to grow so I thought why not help them out a bit” Baekhyun smiled as he created a small ball of light on his palm “I just hope that those flowers will bloom and give the people some hope” “they will I’m sure” Joonmyun smiled at the thought of a room filled with flowers. It didn’t take long before Mrs. Kim found the two of them and almost kicked them out of the bathroom in order for the two of them to eat some breakfast. The rest of the day was mostly spend with the two of them playing with the children and telling them stories of when they were children. And of course when everyone was asleep Baekhyun snuck out of his bed again and made sure that the flowers got enough light only this time Joonmyun was there to help him by giving the seeds water to.

Baekhyun! Baekhyun! BAEKHYUN!” a soft groan left Baekhyun’s lips as he opened his eyes and sat up straight in bed “what’s wrong?” he asked as he tried rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as he looked at Joonmyun. “come on there is something I need to show you” Baekhyun looked confused at the older as he grabbed his wrist and almost dragged him out of bed. When the two walked towards the back of the church Baekhyun noticed that all the kids were gathered around the table where the flowers were stalled out. “Oppa!” one of the girls said excited as she saw the two of them coming towards them at this all the kids turned around and ran towards them before they started pulling them to the table. It was kind of nice to see the children this excited since it didn’t happen a lot “Oppa look!” one of the girls said excited as she pulled on Baekhyun’s hand and pointed at the table. Being curious about what the kids are so excited about he looked at the table and his eyes widened in shock. Because there on the table stood pots full of beautiful flowers in all kind of flowers, but the most beautiful one was the flower* in the middle. The flower was almost see through but the parts that you could see where a beautiful silver making it almost look like the skeleton of the flower. And while all the other flowers were beautiful this one flower seemed to stand out as it had an almost magical glow to it.

Baekhyun smiled at Joonmyun who seemed to be just as happy to see flowers again after so long “you did such a good job guys they’re beautiful” Baekhyun said as he smiled at the children who all seemed to be proud of the flowers. It was so nice to see all those flowers like this and all that Baekhyun could think about was how one day people would be able to walk around in fields full of these flowers again.

Joonmyun, Baekhyun I’d liked to talk to you

The two looked at each other before they turned towards the children “kids why don’t you go and play for a while then when everyone wakes up you can show them your flowers” the children nodded excitedly to Joonmyun’s suggestion before running towards their beds. While the kids went to their beds Baekhyun and Joonmyun quickly made their way towards the bathroom where Regina was already waiting on them. As the two entered the bathroom they curiously looked at Regina who gently smiled at them “boys I called you here because there are somethings I wanted to talk about” “is something wrong?” Baekhyun asked curious. “well after the forces attacked your village it seems like they’ve become more active I haven’t found the reason yet but I’ll keep you updated” as Regina was talking Joonmyun noticed how Baekhyun slightly shifted when his village was mentioned. “what about the others?” Baekhyun asked “the others?” “yes the other guardians are their powers already activated? Do we know who they are?” “well that was the other thing I wanted to tell you. There has been one more guardians who has woken up his powers right now he’s still training but he should be powerful enough to go outside in a week or two.” “really? That’s great” Joonmyun said with a smile if more guardians were awakening it would mean that they would be able to defeat the darkness faster.

"while I’m training him I will be absent for a while but I want you two to continue training since I want the three of you to meet soon and you’ll have to be ready to go outside” Regina explained the two nodded. but wait if we want to go outside don’t we need a very good excuse I mean the only people who are permitted to go outside are the organization and once in every two months the leaders of the villages go outside but other than that nobody is allowed to even set foot past the doors.” “don’t worry we will think of something when he’s ready” the two boys nodded now I must go but before I do compliments on the flowers” and with that she disappeared. Baekhyun chuckled I can’t believe that it actually worked” “what the flowers?” “yes! of course I hoped that it would work but I never thought it actually would work” “let’s hope that the flowers will bring hope again” Joonmyun smiled at the younger as he other nodded.

After talking for a bit the two decided to take a shower since they were already there anyway “oh you’re finished let’s go” Joonmyun said as Baekhyun came out of his shower stall. When they walked out of the bathroom they were met with the whole church in an uproar people were running around and talking in excitement with each other. The boys walked to their beds in order to put their stuff away before they went to look for Mrs. Kim and see what’s going on. It wasn’t hard to find her as she stood together with a group of woman and seemed to be in a deep conversation about something, but as soon as the two approached she stopped and smiled brightly at them. Joonmyun looked confused at his mother “mom what happened?” he asked “oh Joonmyun a miracle has happened!” she said and pulled him in for a hug “a miracle?” “yes the flowers of the children have bloomed!” “isn’t that something that flowers do?” Baekhyun asked also confused. “you boys haven’t seen the flowers yet?” one of the woman asked “we did” “did you see the flower in the middle the one which almost glowed” another woman said. The two boys nodded “this flower means that the guardian of light was here” Mrs. Kim said with a bright smile “right here! The guardians have stepped out of the shadows to come and save us.” As soon as Mrs. Kim said this the other woman started to talk in excitement to so the boys saw this as cue to leave.

“oh boys come here and help us decorate!”

Baekhyun looked at Joonmyun who shrugged before they went over to the woman “can you two help the children make the flowers and after that you can help us hang the streamers” “flowers?” “ah yes the children are making flowers out of colored paper and with those flowers we’re making streamers, flower crowns, hairclips and other decorations.” At this Baekhyun’s eyes sparkled like a kid “that’s a great idea come on Hyung let’s help them” he said with a bright smile as he pulled Joonmyun towards the table were the kids were making the flowers. All the kids were already covered in their paper flowers the boys all had one pinned on their shirts while the girls wore the flowers in their hair. As soon as the Baekhyun and Joonmyun arrived they were given multiple sheets of colored paper and a pair of scissors and were set to work. The rest of the morning was spent making flowers together with the children and eventually the adults also started making the flowers. Baekhyun smiled while he made a new hair pin it has been a long time ago when he had seen people this happy and actually enjoy themselves, it was a nice sight and he wished that it could stay liked this.

After making more than thousand flowers they started putting them on strings or made hairpins or anything else that they could come up. Once the first few streamers were ready Baekhyun and Joonmyun had gotten the task to hang them everywhere in the church. While they were hanging the streamers the two couldn’t help but feel a warm feeling inside of their chest, it was because of them that the people were feeling happiness and hope right now. “I’m glad that it worked” Baekhyun muttered as he hang another streamer above a few beds “I didn’t expect it to have this kind of effect thought” Joonmyun said with a chuckle as he looked around the church. Baekhyun chuckled as he looked at the older who was just like him covered in flowers, let’s just say that the kids were having tons of fun while decorating the two of them. “I hope that every village will once be able to feel like this” “I’m sure they will especially if news will leak out that a guardian was spotted” Joonmyun said with a grin before he moved to another spot to hang another streamer next to the other.

It was around 2 o’clock in the afternoon when the doors opened and a group from the organization walked inside and their eyes widened as soon as they saw how the church looked. Baekhyun and Joonmyun looked at each other slightly worried that something happened since the organization never comes by today. “did something happen?” Mr. Choi asked the leader worried “no we actually did an extra check up on all the villages today” one of the men, who Baekhyun recognized as Jinki, explained “but now we’re curious what happened here.” At this Mr. Choi’s face almost brightened “oh it’s a miracle! One of the guardians has blessed us” “the guardians?” Minho asked shocked “yes follow me I’ll show you” as Jinki and Minho followed Mr. Choi the rest of the organization started looking around.

What caught Baekhyun’s attention was one woman who was holding a large bag as she walked over to the children “Unni/Noona!” all the children ran towards her with bright smiles. “hello kids! You did such a good job with the first flowers so I brought you more then we can give these flowers to people who don’t have any yet.” When Baekhyun heard her say this a smile formed on his lips soon every village would be filled with flowers again he turned to look at Joonmyun who grinned at him. They really did it they gave the people hope again and soon even more people would feel this way. The two of them watched in joy as the children started planting their flowers and were trying to guess what kind of color the flower would be. For the rest of the day people were just enjoying themselves and talked about a brighter future where the darkness would no longer exists.


Hey guys~

This is the last chapter that I had ready before I started posting this story. So from now on I will have to write the chapters on the spot. So I wanted to say sorry in advantage if I ever miss an update because I haven't finished a chapter yet. 

Thank you for everyone that reads this story! and don't be afraid to leave a comment I love to read them ^^

Next update: 24-09

*The flower only instead of white it’s silver with an almost magical glow.