Chapter 4

Exo planet

It was the next morning when Baekhyun woke up with a soft groan his back still hurt as bad as when they were disinfecting it but overall he already felt better than yesterday which seemed to be a good sign after what he had gone through. “oh you’re awake” the gentle voice of Mrs. Kim said as she came up to the bed with a tray of food which she put on the nightstand before she turned to the boy on the bed “hello Baekhyun I’m Joonmyun’s mother” she said with a smile “nice to meet you” Baekhyun muttered weakly “you must be hungry” “a little” “alright let’s get you up” she said and smiled apologetic at the boy when he groaned “I’m sorry Baekhyun but you have to sit straight to eat your food” she said before she helped him sit up which took some time. After being seated Mrs. Kim placed the tray on his lap and smiled at him “go ahead and eat I’ll go and grab some medicine for you it’ll numb the pain in your back and will lower your fever” she said before walking away Baekhyun looked at the food and realized how hungry he actually was he probably hadn’t eaten in 2 days or so.

He started munching on some toast when he noticed Joonmyun who was still in the chair next to his bed he was covered by a blanket signaling Baekhyun that he had probably slept here a small smile came to his lips as he saw it the older had kept his word of staying by his side.

“he stayed here the whole day”

“sorry?”

“Joonmyun he wouldn’t move not even to get something to eat I ended up bringing him something” Mrs. Kim smiled as she placed the medicine on the nightstand and took a seat on the feet of the bed as she started a small conversation with the boy while he ate. It didn’t take long before Baekhyun had finished all the food and had taken the medicine Mrs. Kim smiled as she took the now empty tray with her as she walked away letting Baekhyun alone with the sleeping Joonmyun.

Now that he was in a sitting pose Baekhyun could look around him it seemed like this village had taken shelter in a gym hall and just like Joonmyun had said he didn’t really see people around their age he did see a group of children run around who were scolded every time when they came to close to the bed where he sat. He quickly turned his head to Joonmyun when he heard a groan and smiled a little when he saw that the latter was waking up “good morning to you to” “you’re already awake did you eat something? Taken medicine?” Joonmyun asked worried since the other didn’t take any medicine yesterday “I did don’t worry besides I already feel better than yesterday except my back maybe” “I hope that you’ll heal soon” “yeah me too” Baekhyun muttered.

Joonmyun smiled a little at the boy in front of him as he started a conversation hoping to take the boys off of what had happened just a few days ago it didn’t take long though before Mrs. Kim came back with Mr. Choi right beside her. “oh honey you’re awake” she said with a smile as she saw that Joonmyun was awake “yeah I woke up a few minutes ago” Mrs. Kim simply nodded before she turned her attention towards Baekhyun who looked a little confused at Mr. Choi “sir it’s not time to change the bandage yet right?” he asked secretly hoping that the man really wasn’t there to change his bandage “you’re right Baekhyun that’s not what I’m here for” Mr. Choi asked which also sparked Joonmyun’s curiosity “then why….?” “the organization would like to talk to you about what happened” at this Baekhyun froze he hadn’t even thought of this of course people would want to know what happened especially the organization “Mr. Choi isn’t that a little harsh I mean it just happened” Joonmyun said a little pissed that the organization would want to talk to the other this soon he had just woken up for god sake. Mr. Choi sighed softly as he turned his attention on Baekhyun again “I know that it’s soon but they would like to know in order to protect others” “when will they come?” Baekhyun asked a little hesitated “they will come by today if you don’t want to talk they won’t force you” “n-no I’ll do it” “are you sure?” Joonmyun asked as he looked worried at the younger who simply nodded with a small smile “yes if they know what happened they might be able to prevent it from ever happening again” “if it’s too much Baekhyun you can always tell them that you don’t want to talk anymore” Mrs. Kim said with a gentle smile to which Baekhyun simply nodded “I will” he muttered softly “they will probably arrive in about two hours if you want you can rest or would you like something else to eat?” “no I’m fine thank you” Mr. Choi and Mrs. Kim both nodded before they made their way back to where they came from.

“are you sure about this Baekhyun? I mean if you’re not comfortable with it you don’t have to do it”

“I know, but if I don’t tell them now I’ll have to do it some other time so if I tell them now I can maybe try to put it behind me”

Joonmyun wasn’t sure how he had to react to the younger he had gone through so much yet he seemed so strong right now “Baek you-” “I’m sure that Hyung would want me to do this” Baekhyun said with a sad smile as tears started building up in his eyes “he would want me to try and help others this way other attacks might be prevented” as soon as Joonmyun saw the tears he felt his heart break. When tears started spilling out from the other’s eyes Joonmyun quickly took a seat next to him and pulled him into a comforting hug as careful as possible of course as he didn’t want the boy to get hurt even worse “it’s okay let it all out” he whispered “you don’t have to keep it all for yourself Baekhyun” at this Baekhyun’s strong walls seemed to break as he broke down in tears and hold onto Joonmyun as if he was the last thing that kept him alive.

The two of them sat like this for a while Baekhyun kept crying until his tears seemed to have dried up but Joonmyun didn’t mind he was glad that the boy cried all of his pain out, after all the crying the other had exhausted himself and had fallen asleep to Joonmyun’s relief. It was about an hour later when the big doors opened and a few men from the organization walked inside “Baekhyun wake up” Joonmyun softly shook the boy waking him up “I’m sorry” Baekhyun muttered as soon as he noticed that he particularly laid on top of Joonmyun which made it impossible for the other to get up “it’s okay do you feel better?” “yeah thank you” “don’t need to thank me” Joonmyun said with a soft smile as he helped the younger to get into a comfortable position.

As soon as Baekhyun was seated Mr. Choi came towards the bed with two men from the organization one of which Joonmyun recognized as Minho but the other man didn’t seem similar “Baekhyun how are you feeling” Mr. Choi asked when he was close enough “I’m good” “great now I would like you to meet Minho and Jinki, gentleman this is Baekhyun” “it’s good to see you’re doing better than the last time we met Baekhyun” Minho said with a smile “ah yes” “now why don’t we all take a seat Joonmyun you can go now” Joonmyun nodded and was about to stand up when Baekhyun grabbed his arm “no please stay” he almost whispered Joonmyun simply nodded and took a seat next to the other and gave his hand a soft squeeze “I’ll stay” he said with a determined look towards Mr. Choi who simply nodded.

“alright Baekhyun I know that this might be hard for you but I would like for you to answer our questions”

“now if you really don’t want to talk anymore just say so and we’ll stop”

Baekhyun nodded slightly “alright first of all do you remember how they got inside?” Minho asked “the window” “the window?” Jinki asked shocked “yes everything was normal like every day when suddenly I heard this sound through the whole building like someone ran a nail across a school board after than the glass shattered and everything turned into a scene that you can find in hell” Baekhyun said and fought the urge to cry again as he remembered everything that happened. “could you tell us how you escaped?” Minho asked this time more careful “my brother” Baekhyun said and let out a small sighed “h-he dragged me along with him outside and when I thought that we were done for and gave up he pulled me along with him” this times he didn’t fight the tears and just let them fall “he didn’t give up even though it was clear that we wouldn’t survive and when we I thought that we might have made it one of those creatures showed up and k-killed my brother” by now Joonmyun had pulled Baekhyun into a hug again “I ran, I couldn’t watch how that thing killed my brother so I ran….” “you can stop now Baekhyun” Joonmyun whispered “n-no it’s okay, I ran and when I did the creature followed me and got clawed my back after that everything is blurry” “that’s when we found you” Minho said “I’m sorry that we had to make you relive this all Baekhyun but now we might prevent something like this from happening again” Jinki said Baekhyun simply nodded as he leaned into Joonmyun suddenly feeling exhausted.

Minho who saw that Baekhyun leaned into Joonmyun smiled gently at him "we'll let you alone now in order for you to rest" he said "once you're fully recovered we'll come and check on you again" Baekhyun nodded slightly grateful that Minho ad Jinki let him rest. "Joonmyun take care of him I'll see these two gentle man out" Mr. Choi said "of course" the three men walked away leaving the two alone. Joonmyun helped Baekhyun to lay down "you should rest" "thank you for staying Hyung" Joonmyun smiled down at the younger and softly ruffled his hair "I wouldn't leave you alone now sleep" Baekhyun nodded and pretty much fell asleep as soon as he had closed his eyes. Joonmyun smiled as he watched Baekhyun he wasn't sure why but he felt that he had this conncetion with the other but he couldn't put his finger on it what it was. He might consider the other like the little brother that he never had "don't worry Baekhyun from now on I'll make sure that you don't have to go through something like that again." 


Next update: 29-7