Chapter 3

Exo planet

Baekhyun p.o.v

It was a normal day for Baekhyun he was sitting on his bed together with his brother talking about anything that came into their minds when suddenly the terrifying sound of claws scrapping along windows reached his ears “what was that?” his brother asked so he wasn’t the only one who heard it he looked around the room and saw that more people were looking around hoping not to find the thing that they thought had made the sound. Only when the sound of glass shattering and screams filed the air it became clear what had made the sound Baekhyun quickly turned to see what had happened and immediately regretted that decision cause right in front of him stood one of those terrible beasts.

It had big razor sharp claws which were at least just as long as Baekhyun’s forearm, crimson red eyes that were filled with bloodlust, a pair of giant black wings sprouted from its back kind of resembling a bat, the creature itself was at least 6,5 feet tall and its mouth even though closed revealed razor sharp teeth.

Upon seeing the beast in front of him every cell in Baekhyun’s body froze the screams around him became muffled he could feel pain in his hand and something warm running down his fingers but he didn’t dare to look away from the beast.

“Baekhyun!”

He did hear someone yell his name but he only started moving again when he was pulled away from the creature and was led towards the door which had swung open completely letting those beasts in and letting some lucky people escape although none made it very far. Baekhyun looked around as he was pulled along by his brother, people were running outside trying to save themselves the sounds of crying children and babies who had lost their parents in the chaos and even the cries from mothers who tried to find their children. A sound that also was heard multiple times was something that Baekhyun would never forget which was the sound of flesh being torn apart and the screams that came from the people of who the flesh was torn of off.

Baekhyun’s stomach had twisted at the sounds around him and he felt all hope sink when he looked in front of him and saw more of those beasts coming their way he stopped running and fell to his knees tears streaming down his face “Baekhyun get up! We have to get out of here!” his brother yelled as he tried to pull him up.

“Hyung don’t you get it!? We’re going to die here! We can’t escape!”

“you have to at least try! you can’t give up without trying!”

His brother yelled as he successfully pulled him to his feet and started dragging him along again the two of them had ran into something that was once a forest the trees that were once filled with green and life were now dead and grey. As they ran through the bushes Baekhyun felt how his clothes were slowly being ripped apart and felt how cuts were starting to form on his arms and legs, but he didn’t stop he just kept running after his brother.

“Hyung!”

Baekhyun yelled as he saw one of those beasts appear in front of him but it was already too late the beast had already stabbed his claws in his brothers chest tears started building up again as Baekhyun watched how the beast pulled out his claws from his brother dead body, but what really broke his heart was when he saw that his brothers heart was attached to the claws which the beast brought up to his mouth. He had turned around at this point and ran he could hear the beat behind him but he didn’t dare to look over his shoulder to see how close it was afraid that it was already on his heels.

Suddenly he felt something impact with his back he didn’t know what it was but he was pretty sure that it was the beast claws that had struck him which caused him to stubble he rolled over the ground until he finally same to a stop as he hit something that stood in the way. The pain that he was feeling right now was unbearable and he knew that once the beast had got a hold of him that it would only get worse until he died, but this never happened right before his eyelids fell close he could hear gun shots and voices coming closer before everything grew black.

Baekhyun

And the sound of his name being called Baekhyun slowly opened his eyes after blinking a few time he saw that everything was dark except for a small light in the distance ‘am I dead?’ “Baekhyun” again the same voice called him he looked in the direction were the light was coming from and noticed that it was coming closer “Baekhyun” the voice said one last time before he was engulfed in the light he blinked a few times to adjust to the sudden brightness before he turned towards were the voice came from.

There right in front of him stood a beautiful woman she had gentle green eyes which sparked with life, long brown hair with golden highlights and on top of her head sat a crown with flowers in every color which was something that Baekhyun had wished he could see a long time ago, she was wearing a white robe which was decorated with gold.

“who are you” Baekhyun asked as he took a small step back away from the woman “it’s alright Baekhyun you don’t have to be afraid I won’t harm you” she said with a gentle smile “my name is Regina but to most I am known as MAMA the spirit of the tree of life” “the tree of life?”

yes Baekhyun I have seen what you’ve been through today and I am very sorry that I couldn’t do anything but watch, but I am here to offer you something

“an offer? What will an offer help me now I’m dead!”

weak and in danger of dying yes, but you’re not dead yet if you accept my offer I can grantee you that you will survive this all” Baekhyun looked at Regina not sure if he could trust her “and what is this offer?” “you are chosen to become the guardian of light and help the other guardians in the fight against the forces” “fight against the forces?” he almost whispered “wait! Back up the guardians are just some fairytale that was made up to keep peoples hope up”

no the guardians are just as real as you and me Baekhyun and you are chosen to become one of them and as the guardian of light you will play a crucial part at defeating the forces

Baekhyun looked up at her if he had the power to defeat the forces he could avenge his brother and everyone else whose life had been take today and with all the other attacks but he would never grow strong enough to do that. When he thought about it his brother last words ran thought his mind ‘you have to at least try! you can’t give up without trying!’ this was enough for him to make a decision “so if I take this offer up I will be alive and be able to fight against the forces right?” “yes your body will grow stronger when you accept the powers you will survive and recover from the attack and after that you will be able to train your powers

“I’ll do it”

perfect!” Regina smiled brightly “now I want you to stand still I’m going to give you your powers this is done with some kind of orb this orb will enter your body and release the powers, where the orb entered your body a certain mark will appear with this mark you can find the other guardians as they have these marks to” Baekhyun nodded as he watched how Regina started muttering something in a different language before a bright shining orb appeared which seemed to have the brightness of the sun trapped inside of it.

I’ll see you on the other side Baekhyun

Baekhyun looked up at her and was about to answer when he felt a warmth spread through his body starting from his right shoulder and traveled from there on out through his whole body the warmth was the last thing he felt before everything grew dark again.

Author p.o.v:

Silent tears ran over Baekhyun’s cheeks as he remembered the horrific things that had happened that day subconsciously he had started to clutch onto the sheets as if it was the last thing that would keep him alive the last words of his brother kept running through his head the last moments with him ‘I won’t give up Hyung never I’ll defeat the forces and avenge you and everyone that had fallen because of them’ he thought as he started thinking about how to find the other guardians as soon as possible.

“Baekhyun?”

Joonmyun came next to his bed side with a tray of food he looked worried as soon as he saw the other boys tears quickly putting the tray on the nightstand he turned to the bed and put his hand on the others forehead “you should rest you have a slight fever I’ll get some medicine for you” he said and started to turn away but stopped when he heard a weak “wait” he turned towards the bed “please stay here” Joonmyun was stunned for a second by the request before he nodded and took a seat next to the bed.

“go ahead and rest I’ll be right here” Joonmyun said as he softly took the boys hand in his own “thank you” he smiled when the boys eyes closed and pretty much fell asleep immediately he looked at the other face he looked so peaceful like this the total opposite of the Baekhyun who looked like a broke child but who wouldn’t after what he’d been through.

“Joonmyun honey shouldn’t he be eating?”

Mrs. Kim asked when she appeared behind her son “I found him still awake and he seems to have a fever I told him to rest he can eat once he wakes up” “oh the poor boy I’ll go and get some medicine that he can take once he’s awake” “thank you mom” he said over his shoulder as she walked away.The rest of the day Baekhyun slept and Joonmyun didn’t move from the seat once his mother had brought him dinner and he had eventually fallen asleep with his head rested between his arms on the side of the bed


Next update: 16-07