Chapter 5

Exo planet

Joonmyun p.o.v

The next morning Joonmyun woke up early to practice before he went to Baekhyun and have breakfast with the younger after what happened yesterday Joonmyun figured that the younger would like some company. It was just when they finished their breakfast when a group of children came running towards them “Oppa!” one of the little girls said with a bright smile “hi everyone” Joonmyun said with a smile as he ruffled one of the boys hair who in return pouted. Joonmyun took two girls on his lap while some children took a seat on the bed with Baekhyun and others stayed near Joonmyun “Oppa look!” one of the girls said as she hold out a small bag to him “what is this Chohee?” he asked with a smile “a flower!” “a flower?” Joonmyun asked confused it has been almost 10 years since he has last seen a flower. He took the small bag from Chohee and opened it expecting it to be one of the colorful flowers that he had seen those many years ago but instead he saw a bag full of seeds, of course it weren’t real flowers they had all withered away the day that the darkness took control over the planet. It was kind of sad that he could remember wat flowers looked like but these children who have never been outside don’t even know what a flower is or what it feels like to run around in the sun. “this is not a flower Chohee” Joonmyun handed the bag back to the girl who looked up at him in confusion “but the woman from the organization said it was a flower” she said a small pout on her lips “these are seeds if you put them in the ground and give them water they will turn into beautiful flowers” “really?” “yes” at this the children around Joonmyun all smiled at the thought of the flowers.

After Joonmyun told the children what to do with the seeds part of them had ran off in the search of ground where they could put the flowers into “well it would be nice if we could really get some flowers around here to lighten up these dark days” he muttered to himself before he turned to Baekhyun. He was surprised to find a group of children seated on the bed all glued to Baekhyun’s lips as he was telling a story from when he was little “Noona did you really do that?” one of the boys who was almost laying on top of Baekhyun asked “Yoogeun Baekhyun isn’t your Noona he is your Hyung” Joonmyun said once he realized the boys mistake. As soon as Joonmyun said this the little boy quickly turned to Baekhyun again and looked him over “did you think I was a girl Yoogeun?” Baekhyun asked with a chuckle “I’m your Hyung Yoogeun just like Joonmyun Hyung” “but Hyung is pretty!” “thank you Yoogeun you’re also very handsome” after this Yoogeun had a proud smile on his face.

The kids stayed for a while listening to Joonmyun as he explained what a flower looked like. it was only when Mrs. Kim came to collect the children “alright kids let’s go Baekhyun needs to rest or else he’ll never get better” she said “but I want to hear more about the flowers” one of the girls whined “I will tell you tomorrow alright?” Baekhyun said with a smile as he softly patted the girls head who nodded excited before she ran off with the rest of the children. Joonmyun turned to Baekhyun with a smile “they like you” “they’re so cute” Joonmyun nodded in agreement but before he could say anything he was cut off “Joonmyun I wasn’t only talking to the children” Mrs. Kim said in a stern tone “what? But mom” “no buts! Baekhyun’s needs his rest” she scolded which caused Baekhyun to chuckle “it’s okay I asked him to stay with me”

“well then I guess it’s okay but you do really need your rest Baekhyun so don’t make it to long alright?”

“alright”

Once Mrs. Kim walked away Joonmyun looked at Baekhyun with a confused look “why did you tell her that?” “I didn’t want to be alone” he said almost in a whisper “do you have nightmares?” Joonmyun asked carefully and it almost pained him when the younger nodded in repeat. “you should go to sleep” “but what if I have another nightmare?” Joonmyun smiled gently as he stood up and carefully helped the younger to lay down “don’t worry I’ll be right here when you wake up” Baekhyun nodded with a small smile “thank you Hyung” “it’s okay now go ahead and rest you’ll need to get back all your strength” at this the younger closed his eyes and almost immediately fell asleep.

It has been a month since Baekhyun was brought in it took a while for him to heal and even though he still isn’t completely healed he can now walk around and do everything on his own again which was a relief for him. Ever since he was healed he has been walking around the building helping everyone who needed help and there wasn’t a day that he wouldn’t play with the children. It was a relief for everyone to see that Baekhyun was up and going around and it didn’t take long for everyone to enjoy having him around especially the elders and the children loved him since he would come to talk or play with them.

Joonmyun who had been daydreaming quickly snapped out of it when he heard Baekhyun call him “huh? Oh is something wrong?” he asked which caused the younger to chuckle “nothing’s wrong you were just spacing out” “oh really?” Joonmyun scratched the back of his head with a sheepish smile which caused the younger to smile at him. “Oppa! Come play with us!” Chohee almost yelled as she ran towards the two with a small group of children behind her “I’m sorry guys I have to do something first but after I’m done I’ll come and play with you alright?” Baekhyun said as he softly ruffled Chohee’s hair. Joonmyun curiously looked at the other who simply mouthed a ‘I’ll tell you later’ before he walked off “alright guys let’s go and play” he said as he turned to the children who happily cheered and dragged him towards their beds.

Unlike all the other beds in the church those of the kids had been placed in some kind of circle with a place for them to play with the toys which were mostly hand downs from Joonmyun or toys that the organization had found. Once Joonmyun was older he even made a few toys for the children he would still do it if they would ask them about it but most of the children were happy with their toys so they didn’t really bother.

After about an hour of playing Baekhyun had come to join the children “Oppa come and play with our dolls!” Chohee said with a bright smile as she pulled him towards were the girls were playing with their dolls. Joonmyun smiled a little as he watched the younger play with the kids before he turned back to the boys and noticed that Yoogeun was walking around with a pot “what is that Yoogeun?” “a flower!” he said proudly as he showed the pot. Baekhyun who had heard the boy exclaim had walked over to them “really? Did you put the seed in?” he asked with a smile “yes! and I gave it water just like Umma said”

“good now you have to make sure to water it every day in order for it to turn into a beautiful flower”

“really? What will it look like?”

“well it can be every color but we’ll only be able to tell when it’s fully done with growing”

“I want it to grow quickly then!” Yoogeun said with a small pout as he looked at the dirt which caused the two older boys to chuckle “well who knows maybe if you’re lucky it will bloom sooner than you think” at this the boy grinned. “do you also want a flower Oppa?” Chohee asked as she softly tugged Joonmyun’s sleeve “well I might take one but can I trust you to take care of it?” “of course!” the children quickly went to work to fill another pot with dirt and put the seed in there. “do you think that those flowers will ever bloom?” Baekhyun asked almost hopeful as he watched the children “I’m not sure I mean flowers need light to grow and last time I checked we don’t really have that much light” “the kids would be so disappointed if they hear that” “than let’s not tell them.”

After the kids had planted the seeds the two older boys helped them to get ready for bed and made sure that they were all tucked in before they left for their own beds. “so what did you do in the hour that you were gone?” Joonmyun asked kind of curious as he his side in order to see the other.

“oh my shoulder was bothering me a bit so I took a hot shower to loosen up a little and it took so long because I was having a hard time rewrapping the bandage”

“why didn’t you tell me I would’ve helped you” “yeah I know I just didn’t want to disappoint the children” “I’ll rewrap it for you tomorrow” Baekhyun nodded a little “alright goodnight Hyung” “goodnight Baekhyun” Joonmyun said as he closed his eyes and dozed off.


I'm back~ I want to say sorry for not updating I was planning to do so before I went on vacation but completely forgot it while packing and stuff.

Also I want to say thank you to my 40 subscribers I really hppe that you guys enjoy the story!!

Next upate: 10-09