Chapter 1

Exo planet

After the tree of life was attacked and the 12 guardians disappeared the dark forces took over and Exo planet isn’t what it used to be all the joy and colors are gone, the large green forest and colorful flowers gone. The only thing that was left was a big desert not a trace of live, people lived in fear nobody dared to go outside afraid that they would be caught by one of those demons. Because of this reason all the villagers moved to the biggest building inside their village and stayed there. Of course there were also a few brave men and woman who fought against the demons and helped the other people they are better known as the organization S.M. which was created by one of the bravest man on the planet Lee Soo Man, people see them as the heroes and a lot of people look up to them.

Joonmyun p.o.v

In one of the many gym halls which were now used as shelter by an entire village after the dark forces had attacked sat a teenage boy staring into space. It has been 10 years since his village had fled from the forces into the gym hall, since he’s seen the outside world he can’t even remember what it’s like to be outside. After the attack nobody dared to go outside scared that they would be killed just like so many others had only a small group of people were brave enough to get out of their hiding places and see what was still out there, these people are now known as the S.M. organization they come and bring resources to the survives every 2 days and tell about how other villages are doing. It’s good to know that there are still brave people who dare to fighting against the forces while others just sit and wait ‘just like me’ the boy thought bitterly as he watched the people from the organization do their work ‘why can’t I be like them?’ he was just like everyone waiting for the twelve guardians to appear and defeat the dark forces once and for all.

you can be so much more, Joonmyun

The boy sat up straight at the mention of his name he turned his head to see who was talking to him but he didn’t see anyone it was only when he looked back at the entrance that he came face to face with someone. Joonmyun nearly fell off his bed out of shock when he locked eyes with the one in front of him. There on his bed sat a beautiful woman she had gentle green eyes which sparked with life something you didn’t see a lot these days, long brown hair with golden highlights and on top of her head sat a crown with flowers in every color that Joonmyun could think off, she was wearing a white robe which was decorated with gold. Now that he had a good look at her it almost seemed like the woman was glowing Joonmyun quickly shook that thought out of his head and started wondering where she came from cause she was certainly not part of the village.

“who are you?”

The woman simply smiled at his question like she was expecting him to ask it “you don’t have to be scared Joonmyun I won’t hurt you” she said “that didn’t really answer my question but that’s also good to know”

my name is Regina but you probably know me under the name MAMA spirit of the tree of life

Joonmyun looked the woman over and thought back at the tales his mother told him this woman did seem like the MAMA his mother always described to him “but I thought that the tree died after the dark forces attacked” “my body did fall under the power of the forces but my spirit always remained with my children” “children?” “the twelve guardians” she said with an almost motherly smile.

“I thought that the guardians were only a myth to keep the hopes up of the people in a time like this” Joonmyun muttered “it’s not a myth Joonmyun and even if it’s a myth it did work didn’t it, you were just sitting here thinking about the twelve forces hoping that they would appear and defeat the forces” “only because I’m useless with just sitting here” “you don’t have to sit here you can help” “but how? My mother probably never let me join the organization which is the only way I can help people” “you will be able to help even better than with the organization” Joonmyun looked up at the spirit who had now stood up with a smile.

I have chosen you Kim Joonmyun to become the leader of the twelve, the guardian of water” she said as she put both her hands together and muttered something in a language that Joonmyun had never heard of before, as she muttered a gentle blue light seeped out from between her fingers which sparked his curiosity which was answered as soon as the fingers opened up and a blue orb was shown and if you looked real close you could see that there was watered trapped inside of it. “I Regina, spirit of the tree of life hereby grant you, Kim Joonmyun, the power of water” she said as the orb slowly started drifting towards him “together with this power and your fellow guardians, you will be able to defeat the forces and bring life back to the planet” Joonmyun kept his eyes on the orb this whole time and reached out to it once it was close enough. As soon as his fingers made contact with the orb a bright light emitted from it he quickly closed his eyes and only opened them when he thought that the coast was clear.

The first thing that he noticed was that the spirit and the orb were gone “what just happened?” he asked to no one in particular “congratulations you are now official the guardian of water” he heard the gentle voice of Regina say he quickly looked around but couldn’t see her anywhere “calm down Joonmyun” “why can I still hear you while you’re gone?” “that is because when I gave you the title of guardian I gave a part of my soul to you, so in other words you are now linked to the tree of life through me” “so I will always hear you in my head from now on?” “yes if you prefer I can take on a psychical form although only you will be able to see it” “please do it’ll be less weird like that” and just like that Regina was once again seated in front of him.

“so how does this exactly work?” Joonmyun asked “I mean I never really had any special powers before so I wouldn’t even know where to begin”

you don’t have to worry I will teach you everything you need to know about your powers there is only one thing that I can’t help you with only in a small portion

“which is?” “finding the others, it is your duty as leader to find and bring the guardians together” Joonmyun’s eyes widened at this “how am I supposed to find them!?” “as I said I can help you in a small portion, but the main thing that you can watch out for are the power marks that they have on their body” “power marks?” “yes it’s a tattoo like mark that appears on the place where the orb entered your body, like in your case the palm of your hand” Joonmyun looked down at his hand and sure enough, on his palm in a slightly darker tone than his skin sat a mark of what seemed to be a water droplet.

every guardian has one of those marks somewhere on their body this is the best thing to search for if you think someone could be a guardian

Joonmyun nodded slightly as he was still looking at the mark on his palm “well this is probably enough information for now, it’s time for you to wake up Joonmyun” “what?” as he looked up he was met by an empty bed and a dark room, suddenly his eyelids started to feel heavy he tried to keep them open for as long as he could but failed doing so.

Joonmyun! Joonmyun! Joonmyun!

The voice of his mother sounded in his head he slowly opened his eyes and was greeted by two pairs of worried eyes “oh thank god you’re awake!” Mrs. Kim said as she hugged her son “did something happen?” Joonmyun asked a little confused by his mother’s reaction “you fainted and started muttering stuff about the forces and the guardians” the woman from the organization said “MAMA” “what was that sweetheart?” Mrs. Kim asked as she curiously looked at him “huh? Oh it’s nothing I guess I had a really wild dream” Joonmyun said with a sheepish smile “well it’s best if you get some rest kid” the woman said “yeah I’ll do that” he nodded a little and dove under the covers again.

“goodnight sweetheart”

“night mom!”

Joonmyun waited until he was sure that the two were gone before he pulled his hand under the covers and looked at his palm and just like before in the middle of his palm stood the droplet like mark “so it wasn’t a dream” he muttered with a small smile.

That night he dreamt about how the world would look like after he and the rest of the guardians had defeated the forces and rebuilt the planet, he dreamt about feeling the sun on his skin, the wind in his hair and the grass under his feet he just couldn’t wait until that dream would come true.


Alright so that's it for the first chapter hope you guys like it! next chapter will be uploaded within 2 weeks if everything goes as planned. I'm still trying to figure out Aff so if a somethings look weird it's because I'm either messing around not knowing what to do or trying new things out. Also I named MAMA Regina since this means queen in Latin, acording to Google, please correct me if this is wrong.

Please comment, subscribe and upvote. Till next time~