One Afternoon - HyoHyun

SNSD One-Shot Fan Fiction

This is HyoHyun (Hyoyeon + Seohyun) one-short fanfic based on the “One Afternoon” song lyrics.

 

One Afternoon - From Lion Heart Album

 

It’s breaking, it’s breaking, the worn out memories

It’s disappearing, it’s disappearing, that certain face

Into my days that casually pass by

It was so hard and we were so young

After all this time, I want to open the door

And fix the broken time

 

Day by day, my sighs increase

There are days I think of you without any reason

In the scattered and broken time

There’s one scene that I want to find, that I want to see

When you gave me your hand for the first time

We were so inexperienced, nervous and irresponsible

That day was so intense, it was scary

I want to fix the broken time

 

Day by day, my sighs increase

There are days I think of you without any reason

In the scattered and broken time

There’s one scene that I want to find, that I want to see

When you gave me your hand for the first time

 

I’m curious what kind of thoughts you have

And how you’re living

Do you lean on the memories sometimes

And dream of those dazzling days?

 

I wanna see you, just as you are right now

I wanna hear you, your unfiltered voice

Even if there are long-time, mixed up misunderstandings

There is something I want to feel once more

On a clear afternoon like this

Como estas? (How are you?)

We broke apart under the sunlight


 

:: Flashback ::

 

Eighteen-year-old Seo Juhyun, or also known as Seohyun among her friends in school was sitting on the bench under the big tree on the secluded area of her school’s soccer field. It has always become her favorite spot whenever she wants to be alone. She will spend her time for hours there reading her favorite books or novel.

 

While she was busy reading, she didn’t realize that there was a person who was heading towards the bench with his backpack, wearing his soccer jersey. He supposed to have a soccer training scheduled on that afternoon. However, due to the unexpected circumstances, their coach had to cancel the training at the very last minute. So, he decided to have a rest at the bench just to kill his free time while waiting for his father to fetch him from school at 5:00 p.m.

 

While he was walking towards the bench, he was surprised to find out that there was a girl who was sitting on the bench, busy reading a book.

 

“What is she doing here? Aishh.. this is my favorite spot, though”, he mumbled. He kept on walking until he reached the bench area. He then cleared his throat, wanting Seohyun to notice on his appearance. Seohyun was startled and quickly put her book aside.

 

“W-who are you? W-what are you doing here?”, she asked with a wary look on her face.

 

“I am Kim Hyoyeon from Grade 12, and also a captain of a soccer team of this school. Who are you, and what are you doing here at my place, huh?”, he replied. Seohyun immediately got up from the bench.

 

“I am Seo Juhyun from Grade 11, and for your information, this place doesn’t belong to anyone. Anybody can sit here”, she replied. Hyoyeon snickered.

 

“Tch, such a cocky girl. You think you real cool, huh?”, he mumbled, but loud enough for Seohyun to hear.

 

“So what if I am cool? You feel offended?”, she said while crossing her arms. Hyoyeon ruffled his hair as he felt annoyed with Seohyun’s snobbish attitude.

 

“Listen to me, you bookworm! Leave this place right now, or else..”, he paused.

 

“Or else what?”, she replied with a poker face.

 

“Or else.. I will kiss you”, he said with a smirk.

 

“I dare you!”, she exclaimed.

 

“Oh, yeah? Then get ready to get a kiss from me.. hehehe..”, the mischievous Hyoyeon said as he walked closer to Seohyun. The girl was ready in her taekwondo position, ready to attack the boy at any time. As Hyoyeon getting closer and closer, suddenly…

 

“PAKKK!”

 

“ARGHHHH!”

 

With just a one powerful kick from Seohyun, Hyoyeon collapse on the ground, crying in pain.

 

“Y-yah! Y-you! S-Seo Juhhyun…! You kicked my precious m-member.. arghhhh!”, he groaned.  

 

“Serves you right! Who told you to start a fight with me, huh?”, she replied.

 

“Urghh.. a-appo.. (it hurts)”, he cried in pain. Seohyun chuckled as she returned to the bench and she put back her book inside her backpack. She walked towards Hyoyeon who was still lying on the ground in pain.

 

“I’m sorry for doing that to you. I don’t have a choice. I’m leaving now. That bench is all yours”, Seohyun said as bowed to him and walked away.

 

“I will… I will get you later. You’ll see..”, Hyoyeon said as he slowly tried to get up and sat on the bench, still holding his injured member. Poor Hyoyeon!


 

:: End of the flashback ::


 

Seohyun smiled while reminiscing the moment she met Hyoyeon for the first time. She was looking at the photo of her and Hyoyeon which they took together for the first time they became a couple, six months after that incident. After she graduated from high school, she never met Hyoyeon until she continued her study at Dongguk University. She heard from her friends that Hyoyeon and his family moved back to Incheon after he graduated from high school.  

 

“I wonder how’s he doing right now. I had hurt him so much”, she mumbled sadly while looking at the outside from her office room. If she could turn back the time, she wanted to fix everything she had done to him. It's been five years, and she’s still couldn’t forget about him. She was hoping that someday she could meet Hyoyeon again, so that she could apologize sincerely to him.

 

“Knock! Knock!”, suddenly a voice being heard, causing her to be startled.

 

“Hey, oppa!”, she said. “What’s up?”, she asked as the person who suddenly appeared in front of her office’s door.

 

“Ready to go for lunch?”, the person said.

 

“Ermm.. y-yeah. Let’s go”, she replied as she put the photo inside the drawer. She then took her handbag and got up from her seat. Seohyun let the person walked out of her office first before she followed from behind.

 

“How’s your work? Any cases you had solved recently?”, the person asked as they walked side by side. After graduation, she applied for a job as a junior attorney and has been accepted to work in one of the leading law firm in Seoul. The person, Choi Minho is her one-year senior colleague who is also her close friend.

 

“Not much, oppa. Two divorce cases, and one child custody. Child custody case always gives me headache”, she said while pouting. Minho chuckled on her words.

 

“Yeah, you’re right. It gives us more headache when the two parties couldn’t give their full cooperation. Each of them wants to fight for custody of their children. Why don’t they just make peace and jointly take care of their children?”, he replied.

 

“If so then we are jobless, oppa”, Seohyun said as she chuckled.

 

“Yeah, you’re right”, he giggled. The young attorneys then headed towards the elevator.


 

Later, at the Japanese restaurant

 

Minho suggested to have their lunch at the new Japanese restaurant near their office building. Since it’s near, they just walked to the restaurant.

 

“Welcome!”, the waitress greeted them and led them to the vacant table. They thanked the waitress as they took their respective seats. The waitress then laid the menu on the table. After taking their order, the waitress then left their table and headed to the ordering counter.

 

“So, have you done your thinking about what I had proposed to you last time?”, Minho asked. Seohyun furrowed her brows while looking at the latter.

 

“Proposed? About what, oppa?”, she replied. Minho let out a soft sighed.

 

“About you, being my girlfriend. Don’t you remember?”, he said. Seohyun was surprised at first, but then she let out a faint smile.

 

“Oppa, I really appreciate of what you had done to me. Who doesn’t want to be your girlfriend, oppa? You are nice, handsome, charming. But, I could only look you as my own brother, not more than that. I’m so sorry, oppa”, Seohyun replied. Minho snickered.

 

“I know your answer would be like this. Is it because you couldn’t forget your first love?”, he asked while staring into her eyes, looking for certainty. Seohyun let out a soft sigh.

 

“It’s not because of that, oppa. I’m still not ready to be anyone’s girlfriend. I just want to focus on my work first. Please, oppa. I don’t want you to put a high hope on me. Let’s just be friends, okay?”, she replied as she grabbed Minho’s hand and caressed it gently. Minho sighed as he smiled faintly.

 

“Arasso. Like I have a choice”, he said. “But, let’s say, if you couldn't find anyone..”, he was about to continue when Seohyun cut off his words.

.

“Oppa..”, she said in a warning tone while glaring at the latter.

 

“Arasso.. arasso. I’m sorry”, Minho replied as he raised his two hands as an apologize gesture.

 

“Good”, Seohyun said with a smile. Minho just rolled his eyes annoyingly. A moment later, the waitress came and served the food and drinks they had ordered earlier.

 

“Arigato gozaimasu!”, they thanked to the waitress. The waitress bowed while smiling. She was about to leave their table when she suddenly turned back and walked closer to them.

 

“Erm.. excuse me. Are you guys working as attorneys?”, she asked. Both Seohyun and Minho looked rather surprised as they looked at each other.

 

“Err.. yes. H-how did you know?”, Minho replied. She let out a smile.

 

“By looking at your attire. White shirt and black suit”, she replied.

 

“Yes, you’re right, Miss..”, Minho said as he paused.

 

“I am Nicole Kim-Jung. Just call me Nicole”, she replied.

 

“Oh, you’re already married?”, Seohyun asked. Nicole nodded her head.

 

“Yes. But I want to file my divorce soon. So, can anyone of you take my case?”, she replied.

 

“Mwoh?”, both of them replied in unison.


 

At J&J Firm

 

“So, her soon-to-be ex-husband name is Kim Hyoyeon and they had one child together”, Minho said while looking at his organizer. Seohyun was sitting while leaning her body on her chair. She just kept silence since then as she was in a deep thought.

 

“Seohyun ah. Are you okay?”, Minho asked as he tapped on the desk, trying to get the latter’s attention. Seohyun startled and composed herself as she sat up straight.

 

“I’m sorry, oppa. I was thinking on something until I didn’t hear of what you said earlier”, she said as she smiled apologetically.

 

“It’s okay. So, are you going to take this case?”, he asked.

 

“Y-yeah. Let me handle it”, she replied. Minho grinned upon hearing her answer.

 

“Good, because I’m not going to take this kind of case. It’s not my interest anyway”, he said, earning a glare from the latter.

 

“Tch. You are too bias, oppa. As a professional attorney, you need to have the humanity side in yourself, and open up  your mind in a wide perspective”, she replied as she rolled her eyes.

 

“Say whatever you want to say, girl”, he said as he got up from his seat. “Alright, I have to go now. Need to meet my client in half an hour time. So, good luck for your new case”, Minho said as he waved his hand at the latter while he walked out of her room. Seohyun waved at him back casually.

 

“Do I have to meet Nicole tomorrow?”, she asked herself. “You should, Seo Juhyun. She said she want you to take her case, so just take it for the sake of the business”, she mumbled. “Alright, I need to call her right now to set an appointment”, she said as she took her cell phone and dialled Nicole’s number according to the name card she got from her earlier.

 

“RING! RING! RING!”

 

“Yoboseyeo?”, a voice answered.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo. Is this Nicole?”, she asked.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo. Yes, I am Nicole Jung. May I know who’s this?”, Nicole replied.

 

“I am Seo Juhyun, the attorney that you have met earlier at your restaurant”, Seohyun said.

 

“Ah.. Miss Seo. What can I do for you?”, she asked.

 

“Ermm.. about your case, I think I am going to take it”, she said.

 

“Chincha? Thank you, Miss Seo!”, Nicole replied excitedly. Seohyun raised her brows as she felt weird the latter sounded so excited when she said she will take her case.

 

“Y-yeah, you’re welcome. So, can I meet you on tomorrow? Or, whenever you’re free to discuss about this case?”, she asked.

 

“Well, actually I have a request before we meet”, she replied.

 

“A request? Okay, what is it?”, Seohyun asked.

 

“I want you to meet my soon-to-be ex-husband first”, she said.

 

“Mwoh?”


 

Later on that afternoon, at Incheon High School

 

“Her husband is a school teacher? I can’t believe I have to meet him first”, she mumbled as she was driving her car to the school entrance. A school security guard raised his hand to stop her car. She rolled down the window, and greeted the security guard.

 

“Annyeong, ahjusshi!”, she said.

 

“Annyeong, Miss. Can I help you?”, he asked politely. Seohyun quickly opened her briefcase and took her name card. She handed the card to the security guard.

 

“My name is Seo Juhyun and I am an attorney. I want to meet my client’s husband here. His name is Kim Hyoyeon”, she said.

 

“Oh, Coach Kim! Sure you can, Miss Seo. I think right now he’s at the soccer field, training his soccer club students . You can park your car at the guest parking space over there”, the security guard replied as he pointing to the direction.

 

“Thank you, ahjussi”, she thanked him. The security guard smiled and bowed at her. Seohyun slowly drove her car towards the guest parking space. After making sure she securely parked her car there, she immediately took her briefcase, and got out of her car. She looked at the surrounding of the school and tried to look for location of the soccer field.

 

“Ah, there you are!”, she said as she quickly walked towards the soccer field. Once she got there, she saw the bench that is located on the edge of the football field, and she immediately headed to the bench. She sat on the bench while putting her briefcase at her side. She did some body stretching as she felt tired after one hour of driving to the school. While she was busy doing body stretching, suddenly a soccer ball rolled on and hit her high heels.

 

“Who’s doing this?”, she said and was about to bend down to take the ball when suddenly she felt someone stood in front of her. She got up and looked at the person as her eyes widened in surprise.

 

“H-Hyo oppa?”


 

At the school cafeteria

 

“What would you like to have? Tea? Coffee? Fruit juice?”, Hyoyeon asked once they sat on the empty table inside the school cafeteria.

 

“Ermm.. fruit juice will be great, oppa”, she replied.

 

“Okay. I’m going to buy the drinks first”, he said as he got up, and headed to the ordering counter.

 

“He has not changed at all. Still looks cheerful like before”, she mumbled while staring at the latter who was busy placing his order to the cashier. After a while, Hyoyeon walked to their table  while carrying a tray with a glass of fruit juice and a coffee mug in her hands.

 

“Here you go”, he said as he placed the fruit juice in front of her.

 

“Thanks, oppa”, she thanked him.

 

“You’re welcome”, he replied as he immediately sat on his chair.

 

“So, how’s your life?”, he asked as he took the mug and sipped his coffee.

 

“As you know that I am an attorney right now”, she replied, causing Hyoyeon chuckled.

 

“Yeah.. yeah.. I know that. You have already told me just now, right?”, he said.

 

“You still have not changed, oppa. Still like to tease me like those years”, Seohyun replied as she smiled faintly.

 

“Why would I need to change myself, Seohyun ah? I am what I am, and I don’t have to change myself because of other people, am I right?”, he said. His words really gives a pang in my heart.

 

Yes, I know he’s still mad at me for what had happened in the past. I broke up with him after we had been together as a couple for about almost a year. I broke my promise to stay forever with him just because of my parents doesn’t want me to have a boyfriend during schooling. All this while, he thought that my parents doesn’t like him because he came from a middle class family, while I am the one and only heir of Seo’s Corporation, a leading business conglomerate in Seoul owned by my ancestors and now my father.

 

“I’m glad to meet you again, oppa. You just don’t know how I tried to find you after you left our school. I really missed you, oppa”, she said as her voice started to crack.

 

“Yeah, and thanks to Nicole, now finally you have found me, huh?”, he said as he chuckled bitterly. She let out a faint smile. She knew, he was still hurt because of her.

 

“Are you… are you still mad at me, oppa?”, Seohyun carefully asked. Hyoyeon shook his head and smiled.

 

“Not anymore, Seohyun ah. I understand that you have to do that for the sake of your family and your studies. Although I have to admit I felt so hurt when you said you wanted to break up with me at that time. I knew this will be coming up, and I have to accept the fact that we couldn't be together. I have already moved on. Don’t worry”, he replied.

 

Seohyun couldn’t control her feelings anymore as tears rolled down her cheeks. Deep down in her heart, she still loves Hyoyeon. She couldn’t forget him since the day they had broke up. Kim Hyoyeon was her first love. That’s why she couldn’t move on until now. She still loves him.

 

“Omo! Seohyun ah! A-are you okay?”, Hyoyeon quickly got up and rushed towards her. Seohyun immediately wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her face on his stomach as she cried.

 

“I’m.. I’m s-sorry, oppa. I’m so sorry. Please forgive me..”, she said while sobbing. Hyoyeon was shocked with what was happened, and she slowly patted on Seohyun’s head.

 

“Shh.. there, there. Don’t cry, Seohyun ah. I have already forgive you long time ago. Don’t cry, please”, he replied. Seohyun stopped sobbing, and slowly she released her arms from Hyoyeon’s waist. Hyoyeon smiled as he squatted down beside her. He then took his handkerchief from his pants pocket, and handed it to Seohyun.

 

“T-thanks, oppa”, she said as she started to wipe the remaining tears on her cheeks. Hyoyeon smiled and put his hand on her lap as he patted gently on it.

 

“It’s okay, Seohyun ah”, he replied. He then stood up and walked towards the chair and sat next to the latter. He looked around the cafeteria, and gladly there’s not many people at that time. Their table was located at the secluded area. He then took Seohyun’s hand, and caressed it gently. Seohyun was startled at first, but she just let him be. She missed his touch so much.

 

“Seohyun ah. I want to ask you something”, he said. Seohyun stopped wiping her tears as she looked at Hyoyeon.

 

“W-what is it, oppa?”, she asked. Hyoyeon took a deep breath before he started to speak again.

 

“Do you… by any chance.. still love me?”, he asked while staring into her eyes. His question really tug her heart.

 

“Oh, God! What should I answer?”, she thought. But she was determined to tell Hyoyeon on what she felt all this while.

 

“I never forget you the day we broke up, oppa. If you ask what is still left in my heart is my love for you. I still love you no matter what”, Seohyun replied with a faint smile. Her answer makes him smile widely. He braved himself to kiss on Seohyun’s hand. Seohyun felt her heart melts with his loving gesture.

 

“I still love you, Seohyun. After I moved back to Incheon, I started to work hard to be able to continue my study at the university, with hope that I will meet you again someday. I managed to graduate from university, and I told my parents that I wanted to find a job in Seoul. I went back to our school, and asked for your information from the administration, but they couldn’t give it to me because of a safety issue since you are the daughter of a VVIP. I then found a job as a waiter at a Japanese restaurant, which Nicole was the owner. She’s a nice person, and we’ve become friends ever since I started working with her. Although we’re close, I never took advantage of her since she’s my boss at that time. I never give up in finding you, but slowly I realized that my effort has gone wasted just like that. Nicole then slowly showed her inner feelings towards me, and eventually I accepted her feelings. After we declared to become a couple in few months, we decided to take the next step, to get married. A year after we got married, she got pregnant our child. Not long after that, I received a call from Incheon High School, and they accepted my application for the post of P.E. teacher and also coaching the school soccer team. It was my dream job actually. You know how I loved to play soccer since our school time”, he said as he explained. Seohyun smiled after hearing his words.

 

“Then, why she wanted to file a divorce on you?”, she asked. Hyoyeon let out a deep sigh.

 

“She found out about you from my diary. She found my old diary while she was helping me packing my old stuff. Our son was one year old at that time”, he replied.

 

“You have a diary? You never told me about that!”, Seohyun exclaimed, causing Hyoyeon chuckled.

 

“You know I really don’t like to share my personal matters to anyone except you. So, I pouring all my feelings inside the diary. I kept our first photo as a couple inside the diary too. That’s why she was so upset when she found out that I still have my feelings on you, and still couldn’t forget about you”, he said. Seohyun kept silence for a while as she was pondering on something.

 

“Did she purposely open her new restaurant branch nearby my office, so that she could find me and asked me to take her case?”, she asked. Hyoyeon nodded his head. Seohyun let out a sigh as she leaned her back on the chair.

 

“She hired a private investigator to find information about you. Once she know about your whereabouts, she told me that she wanted to open a new branch, but she didn’t tell me that the location of the restaurant’s building was near to your office”, Hyoyeon replied.

 

“I feel sorry for her. I shouldn’t take this case in the first place”, Seohyun said as she felt a pang of guilt for being a reason for Nicole to file the divorce. Hyoyeon caressed her hand and patted it gently before he started to speak.

 

“Seohyun ah. Please don’t feel like that. If we are not divorced then I couldn’t keep being honest to myself in loving her. I married to her because I just wanted to move on, not because I love her. She once told me that she doesn’t want to live in a lie anymore, and she wants to set me free. She took one year to make the decision, to consider of filing the divorce after we’re not living under the same roof”, Hyoyeon said.

 

“You’re not living with her for one year?”, Seohyun asked in surprise. Hyoyeon nodded. “Then, what about your child?”, she asked.

 

“I asked my parents to look after him. He’s two years old right now. Nicole always visited him whenever she missed her son. I stayed with my parents at Incheon”, he replied.

 

“Then, what am I supposed to do now, oppa?”, she asked. Hyoyeon smiled as he pulled her into his embrace and hugged her tight. Seohyun was taken aback with his action, but she slowly giving in as she was longing for his love. Both of them stayed into each other’s embrace for a while.

 

“You just don’t know how much I missed you, Seohyun ah. I kept on staring at our photo every day while wondering about your being. I always pray to God that we could meet someday, and today God has already answered my prayer”, he said. Seohyun pulled of the hug, and hold his hand. They stared into each other’s eyes lovingly, and Seohyun started to caress his cheek. She smiled while observing the face that she longing to see after five years they’re apart.

 

“I missed you so much too, oppa. Ever since we’re apart, guilt always haunted me, wherever I go. I always pray that someday I could meet you too, to be able to apologize to you, and to explain about the reason why we have to break up. Never in my life I wanted this to happen to us, oppa”, she said. Hyoyeon smiled as he pulled her back into his embrace.

 

“Like I said before, I have already forgive you, Seohyun ah. You don’t have to feel guilt of what had happened. What past is past, and right now we just look forward for our future, arrasso?”, he said. Hyoyeon could feel that she’s nodding her head. They broke the hug slowly, and Seohyun opened her briefcase as she took a file from it. She handed the file to Hyoyeon. He furrowed his brows while staring at the file.

 

“What’s this?”, he asked.

 

“I want you to read this when you’re going back home later. Once you have read it and made your decision, you can sign the papers, and give me a call. I will come and collect the file, and then after that I need to meet Nicole since she’s my client”, she replied. Hyoyeon nodded his head understandingly.

 

“Alright, oppa. I have to go back to Seoul now”, she said as she got up from her seat, followed by Hyoyeon.

 

“Ermm.. so, can I meet you again after this?”, Hyoyeon asked while both of them walking out of the cafeteria. They were heading to the guest parking space while walking side by side.

 

“Of course we’re going to meet again, oppa. I need to collect the file back, and then you and Nicole need to attend the court session once this case is filed soon”, she replied.

 

“I mean, after the case. I want to meet you again. I want us to be back together like before”, he said as he stopped walking. Seohyun also stopped walking, and turned to look at Hyoyeon.

 

“I would love to, oppa. But, can we take it slow? I mean, you know, you’re still Nicole’s husband. I don’t want Nicole to think that I’m happy that both of you are going to be divorced soon”, she said.

 

“Arasso. I understand, Seohyun ah”, he replied. Seohyun then unlock her car’s door and was about to open the door when suddenly Hyoyeon pulled her for another series of hug.

 

“I always love you, Seohyun ah. Always remember that”, he whispered into her ears. Seohyun smiled upon hearing the words. She then pulled of the hug, and leaned in to give a peck on his cheek. Hyoyeon was caught off guard as it was really unexpected.

 

“I love you too, oppa. I’ll see you later”, she said as she went inside her car.


“Drive carefully, okay?”, Hyoyeon replied as he helped Seohyun to close the car’s door. Seohyun waved at him before she slowly driving off her car, leaving the unforgettable reunion with her lover in one afternoon.

 

 

THE END

 

======================================================================================

Annyeong chinggus! I'm back with the second chapter of the fanfic. Hope you will like it and comment and subscribe if you like. Till we meet again on the next chapter. Take care and love ya!

 

Sincerely,

Your humble author.