Talk Talk - TaeNy

SNSD One-Shot Fan Fiction

This one-shot TaeNy genderbender fanfic was inspired by Girls’ Generation song, “Talk Talk” from Lion Heart album.

Background photo credit to: @AllTooMe 

 

“Hey, on rainy days

I want to wait for you first

Time passes even slower

Because it makes me think of that person”

 

Inside the café

 

She glanced at her wristwatch for umpteenth time while sipping her hot chocolate. “Where is he?”, she mumbled, feeling worried. It has been past one hour since she got his message, telling her that he was already on the way to meet her at the said place.

 

Yes, this will be the first time she is going to meet him, a guy she knew through her best friend, Lee Sunny who is also her office colleague. The guy was Sunny’s college mate and they still contacted each other up until today. He only got a chance to know her through the photo Sunny shared with him during his visit to her house two months ago. Her best friend said he often saw her while attending some business matters at her office since he was one of their company’s clients. He was interested to know her, but he’s quite a shy person. So, Sunny gave him her phone number and since that, they only communicated through Short Message System (SMS).

 

The weather today like the other day, still raining. It was raining since last night, and it seems like not going to stop soon. But, it doesn’t stop her eagerness to meeting this mysterious guy. There are lots of things she want to ask and also to share with him. Her curiosity kills.

 

“I wonder how his voice is

What will make my heart race again?

I wanna tell someone

My secret story that I kept to myself”

 

“Should I call him?”, she asked, debating with herself. She never heard his voice since all this while he only requested to communicate through SMS. Her best friend said he was too shy to talk even to the person he only knew. So, her best friend suggested her to meet him first, so she took the challenge. Since she’s quite a talkative person, she wanted him to at least talk to her like other people do. Without thinking twice, she decided to dial his number.

 

“RING! RING! RING!”

 

He picked up the line, but she didn’t hear anything, his voice especially.

 

“H-hello? Taeyeon ssi.. a-are you there?”, she asked nervously. Well, this is the first time ever she dared herself to call him.

 

“Tok tok tok tok, at the sound of the rain

Talk talk talk talk talk talk, when I talk to you

Talk talk talk talk talk, you answer”

 

“I’m here”, a soft and soothing manly voice answered, causing her to immediately turn at her back.

 

Her jaw dropped and her phone almost slipped from her hand the moment she saw the man she was dying to meet.

 

“Oh, Lord! How cute this person can be?”, she thought while scanning at the not-so-tall guy from head to toe.

 

“Hello, Tippany ssi!”, he greeted her with his thick Korean accent, smiling sweetly to her while showing his tiny dimples. He was standing still with an umbrella in his right hand and his phone in his left hand. Yeah, since it’s still raining outside.

 

“H-hello, T-Taeyeon ssi. I thought you’re not coming”, she said in surprise.

 

“I’m so sorry for being late. I have to get through the heavy traffic jam on my way here”, he apologized while slowly walking towards her. She could feel her heart beating fast the moment Taeyeon walk towards her.

 

“Tippany ssi, are you okay?”, he asked, looking rather worried since Tiffany didn’t reply any to him.

 

“Oh my God!”, she thought as she felt like her heart was going to explode soon.

 

“Tippany ssi?”, Taeyeon said, putting his hand on her shoulder. Like an electric shock, she gasped at the touch, which quickly awakens her from her train of thought. 

 

“Y-yes?”, she stuttered. Never in her life a man able to make her stuttering like this since she is known as the best speaker among her sales executive colleagues. But, with this cute guy, her sanity lost. 

 

“Shall we go now?”, he said. Oh, yes. How can she forget about their date? Earlier in their SMS conversation, they’re planning to watch a movie at the cinema which happened to be his and her favorite cinema.

 

“Y-yeah, sure”, Tiffany replied, smiling awkwardly while instantly making her way towards the door, followed by Taeyeon at her back.

 

Soon after they walked out of the café, Taeyeon stopped walking and called her.

 

“Ermm.. Tiffany ssi”, he said.

 

“Y-yes?”, she replied as she stopped at her track.

 

“Ermm.. since I have parked my car quite far from here, do you mind if we walk there?”, he asked.

 

“Oh, I don’t mind at all and Taeyeon ssi, just call me Tiffany or Fany, okay?”, she replied smilingly.

 

“Y-yeah. P-Pany”, he smiled sheepishly while rubbing at the back of his neck. Tiffany couldn’t help but to giggle as she found it cute. It was still raining and Taeyeon rushed towards Tiffany, opening his umbrella.

 

“Let’s go”, he said as he stood close next to the eye smile girl.

 

“Yeah, let’s go”, she replied and they started to walk side by side, heading to the place where Taeyeon parked his car. 

 

“Ermm.. P-Pany ah. What kind of movie you want to watch today?”, Taeyeon asked.

 

“He’s really concern on me, huh? Such a gentleman”, Tiffany thought.

 

“Ermm.. can we watch “Inside Out”?”, she suggested.

 

“Oh, that movie? Hey, I was just about to suggest that too!”, he exclaimed excitedly.

 

“Aigoo.. and childish too!”, she thought while giggling.

 

“Alright, it’s “Inside Out” then”, he said while smiling happily.

 

“Ermm.. Pany ah. Can I ask you something?”, he asked.

 

“Sure, Taeyeon ssi. You can ask me anything”, she replied.

 

“Just call me Tae, Pany ah”, he said. Tiffany smiled. “He wants us to get closer too, huh?”, she thought.

 

“Can I call you TaeTae instead?”, she asked, suggesting. He suddenly stopped walking.

 

“T-TaeTae?”, he said. Tiffany nodded her head.

 

“Why? You don’t like it?”, she asked worriedly. Taeyeon shook his head, smiling.

 

“No one ever called me with that kind of nickname. Even Sunny called me by full name, Kim Taeyeon”, he replied looking rather shyly. Tiffany laughed on his words as she found it funny and cute at the same time. Taeyeon gave her a puzzle look.

 

“You’re so cute, you know that?”, she said while giggling. “TaeTae really suits you”, she continued.

 

“R-really?”, he asked like an innocent child.

 

“Oh, Kim Taeyeon! Why are you so cute?”, she thought.

 

“Yes, TaeTae”, she said with her teasing look. Taeyeon let out his ahjumma laugh which surprising the eye smile girl. She could help but to laugh too. They continued to walk.

 

“What is it that you want to ask earlier, TaeTae?”, she asked.

 

“Oh! Ermm..”, he paused for a while. He looked a bit hesitant. “I know maybe it's not appropriate to ask you on our first meeting..”, he continued. “Erm.. d-do you.. do you have a boyfriend?”, he asked rather nervous.

 

“I know this will be coming”, Tiffany thought. “No, I don’t have one”, she replied confidently. “How about you?”, she asked. He chuckled.

 

“I’m a home type person, Pany ah. I went straight home after work. I don’t really like to spend my time outside, that’s why I don’t have many friends except Sunny. Only Sunny could understand and be friends with a boring person like me”, he said while smiling faintly. “So, do you think I have a girlfriend?”, he asked.

 

“I don’t know. You tell me”, she replied with a sly smile. Again, he let out his ahjumma laugh. While they were walking, suddenly a man who was riding a scooter accidentally hit the puddle and..

 

“Watch out!”, Taeyeon exclaimed and quickly pulling Tiffany’s arm into his embrace. They successfully avoided the water from splashing on them.

 

“Are you okay?”, Taeyeon asked her, looking rather worried.   

 

“Y-yeah. I’m okay”, Tiffany replied. She was still in his embrace and she could feel a sudden heat on her face. Taeyeon who suddenly realized on their position quickly pulling himself off, and cleared his throat as he felt embarrassed with what happened just now.

 

“I-I’m sorry”, he apologized. Tiffany raised her brows.

 

“Why you say sorry? I’m the one who supposed to say thanks to you for saving me just now”, Tiffany said with a smile. Taeyeon shook his head.

 

“No. It’s not like that. I don’t want you to think that I’m taking advantage on you just now”, he said, referring to the hug incident.

 

“I’m not, TaeTae. You have saved me. I should thank you, you know”, she replied.

 

“Okay. You’re welcome”, he said smilingly. He then held out his hand. Tiffany gave him a puzzle look.

 

“I want you to hold my hand and walk at my right side, so that you will not going to fall or being splashed by water anymore”, he said sincerely.

 

“Kim Taeyeon, how sweet this guy can be?”, she thought. She slowly put her hand on his palm, and Taeyeon slowly grabbing her hand, holding it tight. Feeling like electricity flowing inside their body, both of them blushed and they could feel butterflies inside their stomach. Tiffany and Taeyeon unconsciously smile to themselves.

 

A small comfort in my heart

is you you you you

Wetly falling on that flower petal,

on the glass window, in my heart

My love is making me so special”         

 

“This rain is about going to stop soon, huh?”, he said while clutching the umbrella shaft in between his neck and shoulder and holding out his hand, checking on the rainfall.

 

“Really?”, Tiffany replied as she did the same.

 

“Aishh.. rain. Please don’t stop so soon, will you?”, Tiffany thought.

 

Don’t stop, will you fall a little more?

I wanna listen to his stories

Even his walk is so wonderful

It’s like a waterfall

 

“Nah, I don’t think so. Look at there”, she said, pointing her finger at the street lamp post where they could see the drizzle through the lamp post light.  

 

“Yeah, you’re right”, he replied as they continued walking.

 

“So, what do you do?”, she asked.

 

“I am a CEO of an eyewear company. My father started this business since he was still young. So, apparently he handed this business to me and my siblings since he’s not feeling well lately. My father appointed my older brother as the Chairman, and my little sister as the General Manager. So, basically it’s a family business that I’m working on”, he explained. Tiffany nodded her head.

 

“I see. So, you often came to our office because you're subscribing insurance for your company and you’re Sunny’s client, am I right?”, she said.

 

“Yeah, you’re right. It was actually a coincidence. I met Hyomin, Sunny’s boyfriend who happened to be one of our company’s suppliers. He recommended me to subscribe the insurance through your company, and he gave me Sunny’s business card. He said he will arrange the meeting and the funny thing was that, he didn't know that we are actually friends”, he said as he chuckled.

 

“Yeah, funny isn’t it?”, Tiffany said while laughing.

 

“Yeah. I asked him not to tell Sunny beforehand that I’m going to be her client. So, he just told Sunny that she will get a big client. Hyomin said she was so happy until she couldn't sleep well on that night. The next day, it happened to be a surprise meeting at her house, and I almost got beaten by her because she thought I trolled her. Glad that Hyomin explained to her fast. Otherwise, I will end up admitted to the hospital on that day”, he replied while giggling.

 

“Hahaha.. yeah. Sunny could be violent sometimes”, she said while laughing.

 

“And, during our meeting, I saw your photo with her. I asked her about you and she said you are her best friend and also her colleague. She said she’s going to introduce you to me if I’m interested”, he said while smiling shyly. Tiffany giggled.

 

“Why didn’t you try to call me first?”, she asked in curious.

 

“You know why, right?”, he replied.

 

“But, you doesn’t look like a shy person to me right now”, she said while raising their entwined hands.

 

“It’s because..”, he paused.

 

“Because?”, she impatiently asked.

 

“Because.. I’m breaking the rules”, he replied with a smile.

 

“Breaking the rules? What’s that means?”, she asked him again. He cleared his throat before he continued.

 

“Breaking the rules that a shy person like me finally being able to fall in love with a beautiful person like you”, Taeyeon confessed. Tiffany stopped walking as she was shocked with Taeyeon’s confession just now.

 

“W-why?”, he asked worriedly. “Did I.. did I say something wrong?”, he asked her. Tiffany shook her head.

 

“N-no. I.. I’m.. I’m just surprised”, she replied. She really didn’t know what to say as she didn’t expect it. His confession just now really makes her want to fly to the cloud nine.

 

“I’m.. I’m sorry Pany ah. I..”, he was about to continue when suddenly he felt a pair of soft lips touching his porcelain cheek. He froze.

 

“TaeTae ah. Are you okay?”, she asked. It took some time for him to reply to her.

 

“Y-yeah. I’m okay. I’m okay..”, he replied as he stood still at his spot. His face flushed. Tiffany smiled and slowly released their entwined hands. She then leaned closer to Taeyeon and slowly wrapping her arms around his waist, hugging the petite guy. Taeyeon was surprised at first and almost slipped the umbrella from his hand, but he managed to hold it.

 

“Thank you. I think I’m falling in love with you too”, Tiffany whispered to his ear, causing him to feel goosebumps. Bracing himself, he slowly wrapping his one arm around the eye smile girl and pecked on her cheek. They stayed hugging each other like that for a while.

 

Just like water doesn’t know how to dry

His love overflows

I live every day in a bright dream

A loving feeling in his arms

 

Tok tok tok tok, at the sound of the rain

Talk talk talk talk talk talk, when I talk to you

Talk talk talk talk talk, you answer

 

Our story falls

on top of a clear umbrella

A small comfort in my heart

is you you you you

Wetly falling on that flower petal,

on the glass window, in my heart

My love is making me so special

 

After a few moments, they pulled off the hug. Both of them staring into each other’s eyes lovingly.

 

“Don’t you think it is too soon for us to confess with each other?”, Taeyeon asked.

 

“I don’t think so. When two people falling in love, time is not important for them anymore”, she replied while smiling. Her answer makes him smiling too.

 

He then grabbed her hand and entwined their hands together. Tiffany smiled as she felt her heart contented, being filled with a sincere love from this cute guy. She then leaned her head on his shoulder, linking her arm through his. Taeyeon then continued to interview his new girlfriend about her family background and vice versa.

 

My baby loves to talk, baby loves to talk

At his warm voice

Rain falls into my heart

He drenches my heart

Reflected on the water surface

 

Taeyeon suddenly stopped walking as he saw a flower shop nearby.

 

“W-what’s wrong?”, Tiffany asked.

 

“Pany ah. Can you please wait here? I need to go to that flower shop. Just wait here for a moment, okay? I’ll be back”, he said as he handed the umbrella to her and sprinted towards the shop, leaving the eye smile girl dumbfounded.

 

“What is he doing?”, she mumbled as she started to walk to the flower shop where Taeyeon was heading to. A few moments later, she saw Taeyeon went out of the shop with his hands at the back. He then stood still at the pathways in front of the shop.

 

“TaeTae ah? What are you doing? It’s raining! Come here!”, she shouted while jogging towards the not-so-tall guy.

 

“Pany ah! Don’t run! You’re going to fall later!”, he exclaimed while running towards the eye smile girl.

 

Is myself running

to him with a smile

He’s surprised

and runs to me even more

His shoulders get wet under the umbrella

And I softly lean on him

My love is making me so special

 

“Pany ah. This is for you”, Taeyeon said as he presented the small bouquet of pink roses in front of the eye smile girl. Tiffany gasped.

 

“T-TaeTae ah, h-how did you know I like pink roses?”, she asked and took the pink roses bouquet from Taeyeon.

 

“From Sunny, of course”, he replied as he chuckled. Tiffany playfully hit his arm and leaned closer to hug the petite guy.

 

“Thank you so much, TaeTae. I love it”, she whispered into his ear and pecked on his cheek.  

 

“You’re welcome, my pink princess”, he replied as he giggled, causing his girlfriend to giggle too. Alright, let’s go”, he said as they pulled of the hug, and he took the umbrella from Tiffany’s hand. He then put his hand on Tiffany’s shoulder and slowly pulled her closer to him. Tiffany smiled as she put her arm on his waist while holding the pink roses bouquet.

 

The new couple continued their chatting and teasing with each other until they reached at the place where Taeyeon parked his car earlier. After both of them went inside Taeyeon’s car, he then started to drive his car, leaving the place that will become an unforgettable memory for both of them. The memory on how the confessed to each other in the rain.

 

THE END.