Play Off

Mansae

Wonwoo POV::::::::

I felt someone rest their hand on my right shoulder. I turned to my side, just to meet this guy’s face who was known to be …..S. Coups. What kind of name is that? But I would careless about that. I never talked or made eye contact with this guy before (been a year transferred to this school- new kid), since I came to this school, but why now? Why is he standing in front of him? I was really curious. The only thing I know was Jeonghan and his relationship isn’t good.

Then, I found my curiosity when he spoke. “You better be careful man……it was…annoying. Just keep focusing on your study and be a good boy.”

Ahhhh. So it was all about what I did earlier. Was he jealous? I wanted to laugh out loud in his face. I also kept giving him the glares back. Does he think I will back up? I saw his two friends trying to pull him away from me. But I didn’t wanted to miss a chance like this either. He has messed with a wrong guy this time…..that’s what I wanted to show him. “You think I will obey you, just like other people does? Then…you are mistaken. You don’t go back to your words right...As for me, I talk less and do more. You understand what I am saying right?”

As I said that, I saw his anger rising. Wow, it is so easy to make him angry. I was having fun. As I expected, he quickly grabbed my shirt color and was ready to punch. Right at that moment, my fighting spirit was rising back in my body. No one really knows about my past, of who I really am, why I got transferred to this school, and why I accepted to be here. Looks like I had to show it once again. I clenched my fist ready to punch in his guts, but a guy named, Mingyu I think, came between us and stopped the punch. I was surprised of how fast he was.

“Let’s end it now.” He said looking in the floor. I thought he was cool.

Mingyu….hmm……never really talked to this guy either. The only people I talked to is Hoshi, Jun, Jeonghan, and Joshua. Oh! That’s right! Isn’t he the cousin of Jeonghan? Now I think about it, he has the same vibe as Jeonghan……really cool and determined. May be I should know this guy as well?

 

AU POV::::

“Let’s end it now.” Mingyu said standing between Wonwoo and S.Coups.

Coups smirked and pushed Mingyu and left the class.

“Seungkwan, let’s go.”

“U-uh.” Mingyu and Seungkwan left to gym as well.

“Are you friends with him?” Wonwoo asked looking at the two leaving.

“Who? Mingyu?”

“Mm.”

“Yeah. He is Jeongha—“

“I know that. I mean…..never mind. Let’s just go us as well.”

“What is it? Now I am so curious! It’s gonna bug me the whole time. Wonwoo-ah! What is it?” Hoshi followed behind Wonwoo.

 

In Gym court:::::

When Wonwoo and Hoshi reached gym court, the air pressure wasn’t good.

“What’s going on?” Wonwoo said quietly looking at the situation.

“I wonder….” Hoshi replied who was confused himself.

 

In the middle of the basketball court, S.Coups and Jeonghan stood staring at each other, while the others stood behind them in tensions.

“Let’s finish this up quickly.” Jeonghan said.

Coups laughed. “Don’t be so confident. I might have been injured, but I have practiced a lot. I was waiting for this moment since then you know. So, I will make you sweat a lot today. Are you ready?” He smiled at the serious Jeonghan.

“We will see about that in a while.” Jeonghan smirked.

Team A: Jeonghan, Dino, and Hoshi.

Team B: Seungcheol, Vernon, and DK.

3 vs. 3 (Woozi- Score keeper)

“Why do I have to be the score keeper?????”

The players didn’t pay any attention to him kept warming up for the game.

“This is going to be a long day.” Wonwoo said sitting down on an empty seat lazily. Soon he began to doze off.

“Hi! Is this seat taken?”

Wonwoo opened his eyes and he couldn’t believe it, his longtime crush was standing right in front of him.  “Y-yeah. I mean! NO! You can seat here.”

Soo Hyun laughed and sat next to him in an empty spot. Both sat quietly and awkwardly, both pretending to be looking at the players warming up. Wonwoo slightly coughed.

“Hope the boys will do well in the game.” So Hyun said.

“Yeah. Me too.”

“Whose side are you in?”

“M-me? No one’s really. I careless who eve wins or lose. At the end we are bunch of classmates anyway.”

“Kure.”

“And you? Whose side are you in?”

“Mm…….I am not sure. May be……yours?” Soo Hyun looked at Wonwoo.

Wonwoo chuckled. “Are you trying to flirt with me?”

“May be….or maybe not. Any way thanks for the food today, even though I had already eaten.”

“……I see.” He kept smiling.

 

Soon the game started and both of the teams began to be serious and played the game. The game was really intense, just like S.Coups said, Jeonghan was really sweating and his moonlit hair was sticking on his face every time he dribbled the ball and played. He would be dribbling once and next thing he knows, the ball would be snatched away by Coups. While Jeonghan was dribbling the ball, S.Coups went dangerously near him trying to take away the ball and whispered in his ear, “Oh! You used the same shampoo again? Smells good.” The next thing Jeonghan knew, he accidently goaled for other team.

“AYY! Jeonghan! What are you doing??” His team member would shout at him while the other team cheered for themselves.

“Team A: 3 and Team B: 6. Time out!” Woozi shouted.