008

The Sequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihoon had moved to Jihan’s spare room, because after talking to Seungcheol they thought it was best if they didn’t move in together right at the beginning of their relationship. And it was something everyone thought would be best. However, Jihoon spent a lot of nights in Seungcheol’s apartment because, come on, let’s be real, they needed their time alone to have fun and Jihoon was loving being with Seungcheol.

He could say he was the happiest he had ever been. He was finally feeling like he could laugh without having to worry about anything and life with Seungcheol by his side was amazing. He had learnt a lot of things about the other. He now knew that Seungcheol had a Chinese step brother, because his parents were divorced and his dad married a Chinese woman who had a son, he also learned the company he worked for wasn’t actually near his old apartment, but right on the other side of the city.  

Seungcheol hadn’t met Jihoon’s friends yet, because Jihoon said he had to know him the best he could before he introduced him to his friends.

Jihoon had also gathered the courage to tell his parents about his break up with Yoorim and they were so sad about it, because of course they loved her so much. He had told them he was now seeing another person, and that it was a guy. They didn’t look that surprised and they asked him to make sure how he felt about him before taking important decisions, and he already knew what he felt for the other, he just didn’t tell him.

They had been together for a couple of months already and still Jihoon hadn’t said those three words, neither had Seungcheol, because he would only say them when Jihoon does, and that was fair enough for Jihoon.

So he was now in Seungcheol’s apartment. It was Saturday morning and Jihoon had spent the night there, which meant he was only dressed in his underwear because of the previous night’s activities, which included getting rid of their clothes. But let’s not get into that.

Jihoon walked to the sofa, where Seungcheol was lying watching TV. Jihoon lied in front of him, facing him as they cuddled.

“Morning” Seungcheol smiled.

“Morning” he replied.

“We’re so active in the morning” Seungcheol said ironically and Jihoon chuckled.

“I’m not a sports person, so you’ll never see me getting up at 5am to go for a run” Jihoon shrugged.

Then, there was a sudden knock on the door and Seungcheol frowned.

“Go, I’ll keep your side warm” Jihoon told him and Seungcheol got up from the couch and walked to the door.

He looked through the peep hole and he saw darkness. Ok, whoever that was, they were covering the hole. He opened the door.

“Jun, what are you doing here?” is the first thing Seungcheol asked, because that was his step brother knocking on his door.

“I need advice” Jun said, looking really concerned and pushing his way in.

“Wai-“ Seungcheol tried stopping him but he was already in the living room.

“Who are you?” Jun asked Jihoon, who was sitting on the sofa, looking extremely embarrassed.

“Jihoon, this is my step-brother Jun” Seungcheol said.

“Wait, I know you!” Jun exclaimed and Jihoon’s eyes widened when he recognized the person in front of him.

“You’re Mingyu’s friend from work!” Jihoon said surprised.

“You know him?” Seungcheol asked confused “How do you know each other?”

“We met at Mingyu and Wonwoo’s wedding” Jihoon explained and Seungcheol nodded.

“So that’s the wedding you were invited to!” Seungcheol told his brother.

“Yeah, why are you yelling about it?” Jun asked him.

“I kind of have a story with Mingyu” Seungcheol said carefully and Jihoon rolled his eyes.

“He tried to steal Mingyu away from Wonwoo 7 years ago” Jihoon explained.

“WHAT?” Jun yelled “You know Mingyu and Wonwoo?”

“Yeah, I haven’t seen them in years, though” Seungcheol shrugged.

“I should probably put on some clothes” Jihoon pointed out, realizing he was only wearing his underwear.

“Just grab whatever you want from my closet, don’t wear your street clothes, they’re not comfy” Seungcheol told Jihoon, who nodded.

“Ok, thanks” Jihoon speed-walked to the bedroom and closed the door behind him.

“Ok, so what’s he doing here? And why was he on his underwear?” Jun asked him.

“He’s my boyfriend” Seungcheol said “It was kinda obvious, don’t you think?”

“Well, yeah…” Jun nodded “How long have you been together?”

“A couple of months”

“And he’s already living here?”

“No, he spent the night” Seungcheol said and Jun smirked.

“I see, my little brother sure knows how to have fun…” he teased.

“I’m older than you” Seungcheol crossed his arms over his chest and Jun sat on the couch.

“You didn’t do it here, did you?” he asked his brother.

“Not last night” Seungcheol said and Jun made a disgusted face, making Seungcheol laugh “No, we haven’t done anything there… yet”

Jihoon came out of the bedroom wearing a pair of black basketball shorts and a white baggy t-shirt which was a bit big on him. Seungcheol sat down and motioned Jihoon to sit next to him. Jihoon did so and hugged his waist, resting his chin on his shoulder.

“Don’t mind him, he just woke up and he always gets cuddly when he wakes up” Seungcheol explained his brother who nodded “So, why are you here?”

“Well… I met this boy at the wedding and we are clicking so much, he’s so cute and I really like him, we danced together all the time during the wedding and after that day we only met twice, but this morning he texted me asking me if I wanted to come over to his place and I don’t know what to do” Jun explained.

“Minghao is a great guy, he won’t do anything weird” Jihoon assured him “Just go, he likes you a lot”

“Are you sure?” Jun asked him.

“Yeah, of course” Jihoon nodded.

“Well, I’ll go do the laundry while you talk” Seungcheol said standing up and Jihoon whined because he had no one to hug now “Don’t complain, you’ve got it all covered”

“Yeah, he’s more useful than you” Jun admitted and Seungcheol chuckled.

“See?” Seungcheol smiled and he kissed Jihoon’s cheek before heading to the kitchen to do the laundry.

“But hey, I thought you were with going out with a girl” Jun told Jihoon.

“I thought we were talking about you and Minghao” Jihoon raised his eyebrows.

“Yeah, well, I already know what I’ve got to do” Jun dismissed the subject “Tell me about your thing”

“Ok, so we broke up” Jihoon told the other and Jun raised an eyebrow.

“Are you kidding me? Tell me the whole thing”

“I barely know you”

“You’re my brother’s boyfriend, I should know about this” Jun pointed out and Jihoon was too sleepy to try to win this so he just told him.

“I met your brother about three months ago and we became really good friends, thanks to that I realized I didn’t actually love Yoorim, so yeah, I broke up with her, which was one of the hardest things I’ve done in my life and now I’m with your brother” Jihoon explained and Jun nodded.

“That’s cool” Jun commented “And do you love my brother? Do you think this is something serious?”

“We’ve only been dating for a couple of months, so nothing’s clear just yet” Jihoon started and Jun waited for him to finish “But…”

“JUST SAY IT!” Seungcheol yelled from the kitchen and Jihoon chuckled.

“I do love him” Jihoon admitted to Jun, who smiled widely.

Seungcheol ran to the living room, standing behind the sofa, watching Jihoon.

“Say that again?” he asked and Jihoon looked at him.

“You heard me perfectly well” Jihoon told him and Seungcheol approached him, resting his elbows on the back of the sofa and taking Jihoon’s face between his hands.

“Please, say that to me” Seungcheol begged him, speaking quietly “You just admitted it, I need you to tell me, directly to my face”

“I love you” Jihoon said quietly and he closed his eyes when Seungcheol kissed him.

“I love you too” Seungcheol replied.

“I know” Jihoon smiled “Now, weren’t you doing your laundry?”

Jihoon talked to Jun for a while longer until he had to leave, because he had to stop by at Minghao’s. Jihoon wished him good luck and Seungcheol hugged his brother goodbye.

Then Jihoon suggested Seungcheol to have breakfast and then stay in bed as they watched TV and the other agreed, so after breakfast they headed straight to bed.

Seungcheol sat on bed with his back against the head, and Jihoon, instead of sitting next to him, he made space for himself between Seungcheol’s legs. This made the older smile and hug Jihoon tightly, as they fell to their side, losing balance.

“What was that about?” Jihoon asked laughing and Seungcheol kissed his cheek.

“I do love you, Lee Jihoon” Seungcheol told him and Jihoon looked at him.

“I know” he said and he kissed Seungcheol as his hand softly rested on his cheek “I love you too”

They went back up, sitting once again. Jihoon rested his back against Seungcheol’s chest and he brought the taller’s arms around himself. They watched a movie with a few kisses here and there, all of them from Seungcheol, because Jihoon really got into movies and he didn’t do another thing that wasn’t watching the movie, and Seungcheol loved that about him, because he looked really cute when he watched a movie, but of course he’d never say that to Jihoon, he’d kill him.

When the film ended Jihoon rested his head on Seungcheol’s chest and his hands started going up and down Seungcheol’s thigh.

“What made you say it?” Seungcheol asked him quietly.

“Your brother” Jihoon replied.

“Tell me the truth”

“I was finally ready to say it”

“Why did you feel ready to say it?”

“Because I made sure about how I felt about you, I thought about our future and I could see ourselves having a life together”

“What is that life like?”

“Don’t make me describe it to you cause I’m not going to” Jihoon said and Seungcheol chuckled.

“Come on, Jihoon, we both know you’re full of fluff”

“That’s not true”

“You’re not a rock without feelings, we’ve already set that, and I know you dream about cheesy stuff”

“How can you be so sure about that?”

“Your songs” Seungcheol said “The last few songs you wrote, the ones you wrote after we started going out, they all explain stuff about us, or stuff you want to happen to us”

Jihoon stayed still, his hand stopped moving and he looked at a fixed dot in the distance. He knew he shouldn’t have left his notebook here.

“And if you’re thinking about your notebook, no, I didn’t look through it, I just heard you singing them” Jihoon stayed silent “Your voice is beautiful, by the way, and the words you sing are what you really wish, you write about personal stuff, the songs you wrote when you were with Yoorim were so different from the ones you write now, I can see the difference”

“And what do my songs say now?” Jihoon asked him.

“You tell me” Seungcheol smiled and Jihoon looked at him.

“They say I am in love with an annoying kid trapped in 26 year old adult body” Jihoon spoke “And there’s nothing I can do about it because that’s not going to change”

“You being in love with me or me being a kid trapped in grown up body?”

“Both” Jihoon chuckled and he buried his face in Seungcheol’s neck.

Then, his phone started ringing and he groaned. He picked up anyways, but his head resting on Seungcheol’s chest and his free hand retaking his previous activity of running up and down Seungcheol’s thigh.

“Hello?” he said.

“Jihoon! Where are you?” he heard Jeonghan ask.

“At Seungcheol’s, why?”

“You were supposed to be here an hour ago, we said we’d meet to have lunch altogether” Jeonghan reminded him.

“, I forgot” Jihoon groaned.

“Yeah, I can see that”

“I’m so sorry guys, do you still want me to go? I mean I can be there in like…” he looked at Seungcheol who held up 10 fingers “10 minutes or so”

“If you’re busy it’s ok, but if you’re just cuddling with your boyfriend you better get your here”

“Then I’ll be there in 10” Jihoon told him and Jeonghan gasped.

“DID YOU JUST SAY YOU WERE CUDDLING? LEE JIHOON WAS CUDDLING? ACTUALLY CUDDLING?” Jeonghan yelled and Jihoon held the phone a few inches away.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter