005

The Sequel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soonyoung sat on his desk, inside his office, grading some papers and essays his students left him. He was a teacher in university in the History Department. He was one of the most successful historians in the university where he worked. He had published a total of three books, each one of them selling over 10,000+ copies, which meant he was quite wealthy. Right now he was working as a teacher in Seoul University which gave him more time to relax and more holidays, thankfully. Luckily he loved his job as a teacher, he had been working as a researcher but the teacher job was much better than the researcher one and he knew he wouldn’t stop being a teacher anytime soon.

Seokmin was working in the advertisement business, but the company he currently worked for had some problems and their workers were barely getting paid. Soonyoung had advised Seokmin to quit the job a look for a new one, but Seokmin refused to do so, because he loved where he worked and he believed that the company would work out. Soonyoung sometimes saw the other’s faith a bit too hopeful, but it was lovely seeing him being so passionate about what he loved.

His phone started ringing and he picked it up without checking the contact calling.

“Hello?” Soonyoung answered.

“Hey” Seokmin’s voice said on the other side.

“Oh, hi, babe” Soonyoung smiled.

“Where are you?” he asked.

“I’m in my office, why?” Soonyoung replied and then his office door opened, revealing a smiling Seokmin “What are you doing here?” he asked hanging up his phone.

“Today I get off work at 4pm, don’t you remember?” Seokmin said and Soonyoung laughed.

“Oh right” Soonyoung nodded and he stood up to kiss Seokmin.

“Hmm” Seokmin hummed into the kiss “I missed you”

“I missed you too” Soonyoung hugged him swinging from side to side “How was work?”

“It was great, we’re doing much better now” Seokmin said excited “See? I told you it was going to get better”

“I’m glad” Soonyoung smiled and he looked at Seokmin “I have a class in half an hour, do you want to stay?”

“Can I?”

“Sure” Soonyoung smiled “But try not to be too y, because you’ll distract me”

“I can’t help that” Seokmin raised his eyebrows and he kissed Soonyoung. Then there was a knock on Soonyoung’s door. They pulled away and Soonyoung took a step back, smiling at Seokmin.

“Come in” he called and a student opened the door.

“Hmm, hi” she said “Professor, I wonder if I could talk with you? It’s something important”

“Sure” Soonyoung smiled “Would you mind waiting outside for a second?” he asked Seokmin resting his hand on the other’s arm.

“Sure” Seokmin smiled at Soonyoung and winked at him, then he left the office, leaving the student and Soonyoung alone.

“Alright, sorry about that” Soonyoung apologized and he sat down on his chair “Take a seat, please”

“Thanks” she said “So, I came because next month we have a test and I won’t be able to make it because I’ll be away, because of some personal issues and I was wondering if I could take the test some other time”

“You know what the rules of the university say about missing tests, it’s only justified when it’s due to a medical matter and accident or a close relative death” Soonyoung explained.

“I know, but this is really important, it’s a family matter and it may include a close relative’s death” she said with a sad look.

“Hmmm” Soonyoung leaned back on his chair and he sighed “Alright, I’ll let you have it some other day, send me an email with the day you’d be fine with doing it, but it has to be before the real test, you can’t do it after your classmates”

“Ok, thank you so much, professor” she said standing up and bowing.

“It’s ok, you’re lucky you caught me in a good day” Soonyoung joked making the girl giggle “Now go before I change my mind”

“Thank you so much” she bowed again and left the office.

A couple of seconds later, Seokmin came in again.

“Well, she was pretty happy after that” Seokmin commented and Soonyoung chuckled.

“She was lucky I’m in a good mood” Soonyoung said and he walked to Seokmin.

“Hm, why is that?” Seokmin asked.

“Because someone really special came to see me at work” Soonyoung smiled “And it literally made my day”

“I love you” Seokmin took his face between his hands and kissed him.

“Did you come here by car?”

“Nope, I took the bus” Seokmin said.

“Great, when I finish my class we can go and get some groceries” Soonyoung suggested “We need food if you want me to make dinner tonight”

“Look who’s got used to cooking” Seokmin .

“I know” Soonyoung laughed and he looked at the time “Come on, we gotta get to class”

“How long is this class?” Seokmin asked.

“An hour and a half” Soonyoung smirked and Seokmin groaned.

“Look at what I have to do for love” Seokmin exclaimed and Soonyoung kissed him.

“Let’s go”

Both of them headed to class and Soonyoung let Seokmin enter first and sit right the back of the class. Later Soonyoung came inside and prepared his presentation for the class and when it was 4.30pm sharp he started the lecture.

Seokmin admired his partner doing the class. The way he talked and explained every single detail of history. How his eyes twinkled every time a student asked an interesting question and how he always replied by explaining other things that didn’t actually came into subject for the day, but he still explained it because it was interesting.

Surprisingly Seokmin found the class extremely interesting and he felt like asking some questions, but he didn’t, at least in the beginning of the class. But finally Seokmin had to ask something, because he was actually intrigued by it. He raised his hand and Soonyoung stopped talking, he smiled and raised his eyebrows.

“Yes?” he asked as if he was another student.

“You said Korea stepped into the war, but at that time the country’s economy was not at his best, what was its goal when entering the war if they knew it wouldn’t come cheap for them? They knew it wasn’t going to be rewarding them in any way and they still stepped in without hesitation” Seokmin voiced and Soonyoung was actually surprised that the question was so interesting.

“That is a really good question” Soonyoung said in disbelief “Well, at that time they didn’t think it would be that disadvantageous for the country to step into the war, since they didn’t take a huge role in it, of course it would mean they’d lose some millions of won, but remember that a lot of Korean citizens were involved in the war, since they were living abroad so they decided to step in just to take care of every Korean citizen living the war and bring them back to their country, so that’s why they participated in this war”

“Oh, ok, thank you” Seokmin nodded and smiled brightly at Soonyoung.

“Well, as Seokmin stated, Korea wasn’t at its best, economy wise…” Soonyoung carried on and Seokmin leaned back on his chair, enjoying the rest of the lecture.

Soon it was over and Soonyoung dismissed his students. Seokmin stood from his seat and walked to the front of the class, where Soonyoung was.

“You were amazing” Seokmin told him and Soonyoung smiled at him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter