Chapter 6

Furry Love

Seokmin's pov

It has been two weeks with this idiot and it seems like he is falling for it without asking. He smiles more than before and I would have seen it as cute if he were human and not someone with a pair of ears on top of his head and a tail where there shouldn't be anything. Soonyoung doesn't need a lot and seems to be okay with the lack of affection. Yes, I give him a meal per day but I definitely won't hug him when he's cold. Another blanket should be enough, right? He didn't complain after all, not even once. Not everyone seems to trust me though, Mingyu's pet for example. He is probably th reason why my friend visits more than often than usual, always bringing Wonwoo along. Speaking of the devil.. both are at my place again with Wonwoo nowhere to be seen. What is this creature up to? I swear, he won't be allowed to come here again if he corrupts Soonyoung.

I must have been spacing out and glaring at nothing in particular because Mingyu is waving his hand in front of my face and smiling teasingly as if he knows something that I don't. “What's wrong, hyung? You look like someone took away your favorite toy and you're plotting that person's death. Or did your parents give you less allowance this time?” that idiot asks and I hit his arm with little force, causing him to fall back onto my bed from his sitting position. “Why would they give me less money now that I have to take care of Soonyoung too? Why are hybrids so expensive.. how come that you don't mind at all?” I want to know but he just shrugs, making me groan and run my fingers through my hair in frustration. It's actually not that expensive for me since I don't spoil the hybrid at all but maybe playing pitiful can bring more people onto my side. Yeah, I know that Mingyu is the wrong person but I need to start at some point, right? “Oh come on, give this cutie a chance. You know how picky Wonwoo is when it comes to strangers but he immediately accepted Soonyoungie even though he's a cat like himself. What's so bad about having the ball of sunshine in your house?” that giant replies and when I look at him as if he's crazy, I see that he's texting someone. That's both rude and suspicious, just like the nickname that he gave my kitten.. what is he up to this time?

 

Soonyoung's pov

For some reason, it makes me happy when I open the door and see Mingyu with Wonwoo who usually smile at me before they walk inside, Mingyu walking into Seokmin's room and Wonwoo dragging me to the comfy sofa in the living room. He looks at me weirdly every time I sit down on the floor in front of the sofa instead of sitting down on it just like he does. “Aren't you going a bit too far with the pet role? It doesn't hurt to do the same as me... or is he hurting you if you do?” Wonwoo expresses his concern but I only shake my head with a smile. The other might seem scary at first with his expressionless face and dark eyes but he's actually a good friend who seems to care about me, just like Mingyu who sometimes brings me some snacks. “He is treating me nicely, don't worry. He once told me that I should stay on the floor like a good cat and can have all of it which is totally fine. In return, he gives me a daily meal and doesn't hit me. If I'm cold, I even get a blanket!” I tell the other who only frowns but I don't understand why. Seokmin is a nice owner... isn't he?

He doesn't say anything regarding this topic and starts talking about something else like his daily life with Mingyu and I have to admit that I might be a little bit jealous because those two are so cute together and seem to fit so well. It makes me wonder if I can find someone like that too but every time I try to imagine it, I see myself next to Seokmin, the said male acting a bit different though. In my imagination, he's smiling and holding me close, warming me with his own body warmth instead of a blanket that smells just like him. That must be a reason why I like it when I'm cold. I usually get a blanket and also get a chance to inhale the calming scent which makes me feel safe as if I'm in his arms and protected from the rest of the world. Then, I wonder how much longer it will take until we get close enough to do stuff that Wonwoo told me about.. until he accepts me the way I am. I'm not going to lie. It hurts. It hurts to pretend that I don't notice the hate and disgust every time he looks at me. I'm just annoying and a burden to him but I'm trying so hard to change that. He wants me to be a good kitten and stay on the floor? I'll do it because it's him. He tells me to clean the house and stay away from him for the rest of the day? I'll do it because he's my owner. He wants to pretend as if I don't exist until he needs me to do something for him? I'll do it because I already like him more than I should. I'm even lying to Wonwoo for him even though it hurts since the other is being so nice to me and acting like a brother who I can trust and tell everything.

 

Wonwoo's pov

After a while, it's already time to leave again and I am holding onto Mingyu's hand, ready to go but I don't feel that well as always. There is something going on but I can't exactly tell since Soonyoung might be hiding something behind his bright smile. I could be wrong too but my senses are usually right. Once I arrive at my owner's apartment, I walk into the kitchen and start to prepare a simple dinner because Mingyu is glad whenever he doesn't have to do that much but today, he follows me and wraps his arms around me from behind, resting his head on top of mine. “What's wrong, Wonnie? Is something bothering you again?” He only gets a sigh because I don't know if I should tell him. What if he gets mad at me for talking badly about his friend again who is suspicious? What I know though is the fact that I can't hide anything from him because he always finds out, one way or another. “You see.. I still feel like there is something fishy. Soonyoungie sat down on the floor again and even told me that he only gets one meal per day. Can you believe it? He doesn't even mind and seems to be happy about getting a blanket instead of demanding for a hug like I do. I'm sorry but can we go there again? Like.. tomorrow? I want to make sure that he's really okay and still alive.” I admit and Mingyu only hums. I'm already preparing myself for a lecture about trust but his next words are quite surprising. “I know what you mean. He complained about how expensive your kind is but if he only gives the kitten one meal, there shouldn't be any problem. The thing is.. you know that we can't always go there and annoy him, especially when I'm going to have exams. What do you think of sending hyung over? Would that calm you down for a while?” Mingyu suggests and I can't complain about it since his hyung is just as nice as Gyu since it seems to be a family trait. This way, Soonyoung would get a new friend because hyung owns a cat hybrid just like me and Seokmin's kitten. Let's hope that this works.

 

Woooow guess who finally decided to continue this.. I hope that it's okay and that I can update more often again instead of making people wait for years xD coughThankmyfriendforremindingmenicelycough