Chapter 1

Furry Love

Seokmin's pov

I am on my way home from school. I just want to jump onto my bed and sleep because it has been a tiring day. I know that today is a special day, my birthday to be exact, but I'm not in the mood to celebrate. I don't even know what I will get this year because I already have everything that I want. You know, my parents earn a lot of money and are willing to buy me everything, I just need to ask them. I open the front door, go to my room without greeting my parents and throw my backpack into one of the corners in my room. I change my clothes and want to walk into the kitchen to get something to drink. But I need to go into the living room to get to the kitchen. I try to open the door to the living room but it's locked. Why is it locked? "Welcome home, birthday child~" I hear my dad say. I think they planned a surprise for me… I sigh and turn around with a fake smile. All I wanted was a glass of water, but here I am, standing in front of my parents who were smiling like idiots. "We have a surprise for you, my son~" my mom says and hugs me. I try not to puke because I hate skinship the most. After a while she lets go and unlocks the door before holding a hand over my eyes, not wanting me to see the present I guess. I enter the room with her an wait for my mom to remove her hand again. I'm starting to get annoyed by their behaviour and rolled my eyes when they couldn't see it. As she removes her hand, I had to blink several times because the light blinds me a bit. When my eyes get finally used to the light I stare at the boy sitting in the middle of the room with widened eyes. This boy isn't like the others… he has white fluffy ears.. and a tail! Oh god! Why did my parents buy me one of the rare hybrids?? They must have spent a lot of money to get one, I'm sure of that! I walk towards the boy and tilt my head a bit. "Stand up." I order the catboy and walk around him once as he stands up. He looks cute, but his glare made me wonder. Why is he like this? Don't tell me he is one of the rebellious ones. "What's your name?" I ask him and lift his chin with one finger to inspect his face. "S-Soonyoung." He answers with a shaky voice and looks everywhere but into my eyes. What a coward. "Follow me!" I order before turning around and walking to my room. When I enter it, I see that there was a blanket on the floor. Why didn't I see that earlier? It must be his sleeping place, I guess.

 

Soonyoung's pov

Some hybrids stay in a cage for ever, waiting for someone to buy them and let them do all the work. Why is everyone treating us like this. Just because we are a bit different? Just because we were the result of a failed project? I never chose this lifestyle but I can't do anything about it. All I can do is wait for someone to buy me and show that I won't do anything of the things that my future owner wants me to do. I know that I might get hurt then but I don't care anymore. I'm used to getting beaten and hurt all the time because everyone treats me wrong. Suddenly one of the staff enters my cage and tries to put a collar around my neck. What is going on here?! I try to get away but the staff grips my wrist roughly and pulls me back to put on a leash. Oh-oh.. I think someone decided to buy me! But I don't want to be bought! I can't do anything as the staff pulls me out of the cage and stops in front of a couple. They were smiling and looked quite nice. Maybe I'm lucky and they are as nice as they look. I force a smile and try not to look nervous, which doesn't work because my whole body is shaking. I have to get on their car and wait for them to start driving. A part of me is happy that I am finally away from this place that I call hell, but I'm also afraid of what is going to happen to me. When we arrive, they pull on the leash and I have to follow them wherever they are going. Looks like they aren't that different from the other owners. They put a big bow onto my head and force me to sit down on the floor, in the middle of the room. "You will do anything our son tells you what to do, got it?" the man orders and glared at me. Why are they different all of a sudden? I guessed wrong, they are as bad as the rest. I'm sitting on the floor with sad eyes and bite my lip, it was one of my habits when I'm nervous like right now. I already know that I'm a present for their son, but I hope that the boy is young and nicer than his parents who just left and locked the door. After a while the door opens again and the parents enter with a boy who is quite tall. He looks a bit older than me but I'm not sure about that. All I know that the said boy is staring at me with widened eyes, looks like he can't believe his eyes. I stand up as he orders me to do that and I am shaking again. I don't like this boy.. he seems just like his parents! I can't help it but glare at him as he walks around me. "What's your name?" he asks me all of a sudden and lifts my chin, looking at my face. "S-Soonyoung." I answer him shakily. Oh no.. it's so obvious that I'm nervous, I even look everywhere but into his eyes. "Follow me!" my new owner orders and I do as I'm told. That will be the last time that I will follow any order, I promise!