The world seems to be telling you something.

The Monster's babysitter.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SAELI’s POV

It had been days since the little fiasco of the show Shinee was on, where EXO’s Kai had to drag me along. After that schedule, Shinee had to rush to japan due to a rush contract signing, so I’ve been shinee free for a few days. Haeri left for hongkong yesterday, so it’s just me and Nari now. Haeri told me to enrol Nari at the nursery today, therefore we did and now we were heading home. I watched as Nari started skipping ahead of me, her hair swaying with each step she took. I smiled happily while I watched her as she turned to look at me then smile.

“Unnie, can we go to the park?” She asked.

“Sure.” I nodded only to widen my eyes when she started running. I chased after her, basically screaming at her to be careful. Once we had reached the park, she immediately ran for the swings. I shook my head and sat down on a bench, watching as children had started flocking towards her.

A cup of coffee suddenly appears in front of my face making me widen my eyes and angle my head back, trying to look at who was offering it. I saw Kai smiling down at me as he lightly tapped my chin with the coffee container. He sat beside me and handed me the coffee making me thank him.

“She’s pretty popular with the kids huh?” He nods toward Saeli as he takes a sip of his own coffee.

“She is.” I nod but then turn to look at him “What are you doing here?”

“I had something to drop off for Taemin Hyung but I forgot he wasn’t home. I arrived at the house and no one was there so I left it on the door step and decided to buy some coffee before heading back to the sm building, then I saw you two.” He shrugged.

Kai had apparently found out that I was the new babysitter when he saw me walk in with shinee and Haeri during the broadcast a few days ago. Kai was actually an okay person; he kept me in the check the whole program which helped a lot when I had to calm my nerves. I also found out that he’s pretty close with Taemin and that Nari absolutely loves him.

“Don’t you have work or something?” I asked.

He gave me short nod before smiling at me “Are you trying to get rid of me already?”
He leaned closer to me and I had to lean back a bit, shocked at how close our faces had come. I took a sip of my coffee and turned away from him, glancing back at Nari who was now on the slide.

“I’m taking the silence as a yes then? Should I go?” He asked making me turn to him and roll my eyes when I saw him smiling.

“Please leave.” I shrugged and smiled when I saw the smile leave his face.

“Noona! You’re harsh.” He pouted making me playfully slap him on the shoulder. He immediately smiled but then stood up.

“But I do have to leave.” He gave me a light tap on the head and waved “I’ll make sure to see you soon, okay?”

Me? Maybe he means Nari.

I nodded then told him to say hello to Nari before he left. He obliged and started walking towards her, putting on his face mask trying to hide his identity. I leaned against the bench and watched as he lifted her up in his arms and told her something that made her turn to me and nod. Kai then looked at me and winked making me bob my head to the side. He set Nari back down and gave me one last wave before heading off. Nari ran towards me and I caught her in my arms as she grabbed a towel from her bag and started wiping her sweat away.

“What did your Kai oppa tell you?” I asked, curiosity seeping through me.

“He said you were pretty then asked me if I agreed.” She turned to look at me and smiled “I said you were.”

Her answer stunned me, making me turn to look back at where Kai had stood but I realized he was already long gone. I let out a smile then shook my head.
“Such a kid.”

 

 

Once we had arrived back home, I stepped into the kitchen and found a travel bag on the floor. I walked towards it and turned to look at Nari who watched me silently.

“Taemin’s home.” I announced and she immediately squealed and ran towards his room. I walked towards the sink to clean up Nari’s snack boxes but to my shock, she had screamed for me making me drop whatever I was holding and run to her. I threw Taemin’s door open and saw Nari crying in Taemin’s arms as he her head. Once he saw me, he pointed at Nari and told me to make her leave.

“Nari-ah.” I called Nari and she turned towards me with tear filled eyes.

“Unnie, Taemin Oppa’s really sick.”

I glance back towards Taemin only to see his lips totally pale and his cheeks flushed red. I grab Nari by the arm and slowly pull her out the room. I bend down to look at her and smile at her, hoping that I could calm her.

“He’ll be fine. I have a special way of getting rid of fevers but I can’t let you go in there yet because you might catch it.”

She let out a sniffle but her tears had stopped. I rubbed her head and told her to get dressed and go to the living room where I’d meet her there so she could help me make soup for Taemin. Once she had run off, I walked back into Taemin’s room and saw him still sprawled on the floor. I knelt down beside him and placed my hand on his forehead. I hissed as I threw my hand back and clutched it.

“You’re burning up.” I muttered as Taemin groaned and clutched onto my leg. I let out a sigh as I grabbed his arm and tried lifting him up. It took me about 4 tries before I got him to stand up and make his way to his bed. I took his leather jacket off of him and sighed when I saw how soaked with sweat his shirt was.

“Taemin, get your shirt off.” I nudged him as I grabbed a change of clothes from his closet. Once I turned back towards him, he was seated on the bed and struggling with his shirt. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the hem of the shirt and started lifting it up. Once the shir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter