Monster meets babysitter.

The Monster's babysitter.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wait…” I whine as my manager shoves me out the door “Manager, give me one more chance. Just one more oh?”

He clicks his tongue as he tosses me my bag and scoffs “I’ve given you more chances than you deserve.”

I press my hands together and give him a begging smile “So just one more won’t hurt, right?”

“No!” He barks “I lose sales every time you give children free ice cream and break things.”

“But Manager, you can just take it out of my salary anyway.”

“YOUR SALARY DOESN’T HAVE ANYTHING LEFT ESPECIALLY AFTER YOU BROKE THE FREEZER!”

“But—“

“NO!” He barks one more time before closing the door making me drop my mouth and stare at him as he locks the door.

“Fi—Fine! You were cheap anyway!” I scoffed and turned around, only to see a few people staring at me. I gave them awkward smiles as I bowed and apologized for what they had to see. I started walking away and ruffling my hair as I growled “Where am I going to get money now?!”

“Excuse me.” Someone suddenly grabs my arm making me scream out of shock. I turn to find a woman in a corporate outfit smiling at me while she had her Bluetooth headset in her ear.

“Do I know you?” I ask.

I don’t know that much people here in Seoul and this woman seriously does not strike me as anyone that I would know. She looked to be in her 40’s, she had dark black hair that stopped right on her shoulders. Her makeup was natural aside from her red lipstick that suited her corporate look.

She drops my hand and laughs “No, I suppose not but I just happened to hear your argument earlier with your old boss, and I believe you just lost your job?”

I arch my eyebrow at her and nod “Maybe. Why?”

“Well” She smiled and looked me in the eye “I’m actually in a great need for an immediate replacement for a certain job, I was wondering if you were interested.”

I bob my head to the side then look at her from head to toe. She looked like some high end business woman with the way she dressed, held herself and talked. Maybe she was looking for a secretary or someone who could help her around the office or something. I pursed my lips and shrugged.

“What kind of job?”

She gave me a bright smile “I assure you it’s something you can handle. You are good with kids, right?”

Kids? Why is she asking about kids? Maybe I’ll manage the company day care or something. I gave her a small nod, telling her that I was definitely good with children. I was always looking after my niece and nephews back in our province anyway.

She suddenly grabbed my arm and let out a relieved sigh “Then you’re perfect! Come on!”

She then starts dragging me away making me widen my eyes as followed after her in shock. What the hell is up with this lady?

 

***

“Yaa.” Taemin growled and grabs her arm, making the babysitter scream in shock. She turns to him with scared eyes and whimpers. Taemin lets out a smirk as he tosses her arm down and motions for her to stand up. She follows his orders and swallows the lump in as she stares at the ground.

“Did you hear what she had to say?” Taemin asks as he sits down. The babysitter bites her lower lip in fear and stares at the floor, trying to avoid his eyes.

Taemin clicks his tongue then leans forward.
 “DID YOU OR DID YOU NOT?!” He screams making her jump and press her hands together nervously.

“I—I did.” She squeaks out.

“Taemin-ah.” A voice warns him from behind making Taemin turn around where his sister stares at him exasperatedly. He gives her a small smirk before turning back to the babysitter who was quivering. He leans back on his seat and shuts his eyes.

“If you heard her, then why are you forcing her to eat something she doesn’t want to eat?”

“I—“The babysitter opened but Taemin raised his hand, stopping her. She raised her head to look up at him, only to have Taemin smile and point his finger towards the door.

“Wh—what?” The babysitter asks as she looks at him then at his sister.

Taemin lets out an annoyed laugh as he stands up and places his hands in his pockets.
“It means get out.”

The babysitter widens her eyes and opens , hoping to fight back, but Taemin cuts her off.
“If you aren’t gone by the count of ten, I’m making sure you’re never working for this industry ever again. 10….9….8”

The babysitter lets out a scoff as she grabs her bag off the floor and stomps her way out the door. She slams the door shut behind her making Lee Haeri shut her eyes and shake her head.

“That’s the fifth one this month.” She mutters as she raises her head and stares at her little brother who was now to preoccupied with playing around with his niece. She watches as Taemin smiles and pinches Nari’s cheeks as the little girl laughs and runs away from him. Haeri lets out a sigh and grabs her phone from her pockets and groans.

“This is so embarrassing.” She complains as she starts calling.

Once the person on the other line had picked up, Haeri raised her head and let out a nervous laugh “Hi, its me.”

“Miss Lee Haeri!” The woman on the other line greeted “How is the new babysitter doing?”

“Well.” Haeri bit her lower lip and leaned against the kitchen counter “You know…”

“You need a new one?” The woman on the other line lost all the charm in her voice and sounded monotonous now.

“Uh..” Haeri sighed “Yeah.”

“Of course you do.” The woman sighed “I expected this.”

“Do you think you could have a replacement by today?” Haeri pursed her lips, knowing she was asking a lot.

“TODAY?!” The woman screeched making Haeri pull the phone further away from her ear.
“Ms. Haeri, do you think I run some sort of show? Where things can come and go as they please? Practically all of our employees have gone through you and for some reason he keeps kicking all of them out!”

Haeri gasps when the phone is taken out of her hands as Taemin leans against the counter beside her and places the phone on his ear.

“Hi Madam Lucy.” Taemin lets out in his most charming voice.

“O—Oh. Taemin? Is this you?” The woman laughs awkwardly over the phone making Taemin smile.

“The last one you sent us was completely useless.” Taemin says as he looks at his sister who frowns at him “And it’s sad to say all of us are very busy today, so to make up for your mistake of sending us a useless babysitter, I suggest you send one capable and useful babysitter by today.”

“But it isn’t that easy to just—“

“I suggest you hurry, I do have an interview tomorrow and I’m feeling about complaining about your company on air.” Taemin smirks “I do hope I won’t have to do that.”

“Wh—what? Uhm, Taemin-ah.” The woman on the other line chuckles nervously “Of course we’ll have one by today. Don’t worry.”

“Well that’s good. Good bye then.” Taemin ends the phone call and hands his sister the phone back and winks at her.

“You’re the devil.” Haeri shakes her head and smiles.

“Only when it concerns Nari’s wellbeing.” Taemin chuckles as he sits back down on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter