Robbers and tomato faces.

The Monster's babysitter.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SAELI’s POV

I let out a yawn as I walk out my room. I rub my eyes as I walk into the kitchen and find Taemin putting down his cup of coffee and adjusting the cap on his head. He gives me a short glance before telling me that Nari was still asleep. He wore a cheetah print shirt matched with ripped jeans and white sneakers.

“I’m heading out today.” He mutters as I pull out a few fruits for breakfast.

“Alright.” I nod as I wash the fruits and start peeling them.

“I have a long schedule today, so I’ll be back late.”

“Take your time.” I answer back as I set the fruits on a plate and place them on the counter top. Taemin grabs one strawberry before grabbing his bag off the floor and walking out the door.

Once I had set all of the fruits on the table, I make my way towards Nari’s room. I walk in the room only to find her sitting up on her bed and rubbing her eyes.

“Nari-ah, did you just wake up?” I smile as she turns to look at me and yawn. She gives me a small nod then crawls off her bed and walks towards me. I scoop her up in my arms and make my way into the kitchen.

“Let’s have some breakfast.” I smile. She sits down on her chair and stares at the plate I had provided for her. I watched as she hummed a song and ate, making me smile and pat her head.

Once we had finished having breakfast, she ran into the living room and grabbed the remote from the couch. She asked me to turn on the TV while jumping up and down. Just as I had turned it on, a shinee music video starts playing making me widen my eyes while Nari screamed happily and clapped.

“Minho’s blonde here.” I smile as I sit down on the couch and watch in fascination. I haven’t seen this video yet nor have I heard the song. Taemin pops up as the first line of the song plays making me cringe and turn away while Nari chanted “oppa” continuously.

Once the chorus had come on I immediately widened my eyes at the dance steps and at how good the shine members looked. The video was a little bit different from Shinee’s normal style since they were showing a lot of skin and the women were very touchy too.

“It’s kind of catchy though.” I bob my head to the rhythm. Though I hated to admit it, every time they would start dancing in the music video my eyes would always seem to follow Taemin’s movements. The way his body swayed perfectly to the beat had me in a trance. I immediately cleared my throat and tapped my cheek at scene of him removing his shirt and jumping into a pool with Onew and two girls. I stood up from where I sat and rubbed the back of my neck. Shocked at the way I had reacted about the monster.

“Nari—Nari, you should wash up now.” I mumble as I start picking up a few of her toys, trying to distract myself.

When the video had ended, Nari finally looked at me and nodded but then she bobbed her head to the side as she stared at me “Unnie, why are your cheeks red?”

“What?” I widen my eyes and touch my cheeks. I then turn away from her and shut my eyes as I walk towards the bathroom “It’s nothing. Come on.”

 

Once night time had arrived, I slam myself onto the bed and shut my eyes. I spent the day teaching Nari then giving her a walk around the neighbourhood only to have her cry the whole time because another kid kept trying to take her ball from her. I rub the back of my neck, sore from today’s activities.

I let out a groan as I stand up and make my way to Nari’s room. I slowly open the door and check on her only to sigh in relief when I saw that she had finally fallen asleep. I tip toe closer to her bed and touch her face, glad that she seemed more at peace now. After crying so much she kept looking for her mom so she became sullen the entire night. The only thing that could please her was to watch frozen. FOR TWO TIMES. I grab my phone then check the time only to frown when I saw it was just about midnight.

“I hope she doesn’t wake up too early tomorrow.” I mutter, scared that she might have a headache if she woke up early.

A loud sound then distracts me from my train of thought. I walk towards Nari’s door and step out as quietly as I can. Another noise echoes around me making me frown and walk down the hall. It sounded like it came from the living room.

“Taemin must be back.” I mumble as I walk towards the living room. I then stop and bob my head to the side when I remembered the text I had received earlier. Apparently it was from Taemin’s manager and it told me that Taemin would be back by 5 am tomorrow morning.

“Then it’s too early for him to be back now.” I mumble as another sound echoes in the living room. I slowly make my way towards

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter