Part 2

In This Lifetime

 

'You already heard the Design manager quit,' Donghae began, your raised your eybrows, suspecting what was about to come.

'Ugh, you don't know how long we've been trying to get that absolute drama king to quit...' Kang In said, sitting on the opposite chair next to Key.

'He doesn't shut up, noona. Everything we do is wrong to him,' Key explained in defence when he saw your skeptical face.

'So, it's not that we're mean... He's just pushes us to hate him,' Taemin added with his soft voice. You nodded. Donghae was shaking his head.

'Can you believe he actually tried picking a fight with me once?' Heechul joined the company sitting on the couch. 'I mean - me, he knows I won't hesitate ripping him apart.' You watched the sharp tongued Kim Heechul with round eyes. He grinned. 'Don't worry, we won't do that to you though,' he assured.

'M-me?' You stuttered, pointing at yourself.

'Yeah, which brings us back to what I'm trying to say,' Donghae cut in, 'we want you to take the job.'

'W-wait... I can't,' you said. The room went silent.

Someone sighed.

Another coughed.

'I mean... I'd love to, I really would,' you insisted.

'So what's stopping you?' Heechul cut in.

'Oppa, I have a job. And an apartment, there's a lot of paperwork to sort out,' you tried to explain. Silence once again. You shifted in your seat uncomfortably. You looked down at your lap and twiddled your thumbs and sighed inwardly. 'I guess... you'll have to wait for me for a while.'

The guys looked up, expectantly.

'Is that a yes?' Jonghyun asked. You nodded.

'Yes!' Onew, Taemin and Key exclaimed.

'Just be back as soon as possible,' Donghae said, taking hold of your hand and pulling you towards him.

'Yes, sir,' you chuckled in his hug.

'Ahem,' KangIn cleared his throat. You pulled away suddenly realising your company, forgetting that you were in a room of people for a moment. You turned away from Donghae clearing your throat before awkwardly beginning a conversation with Key who sat on your other side.

'So, noona, where are you from? Abroad?' Key asked, turning in his seat to face you.

'Well, I've been living in Paris for a year now,' you told him.

'Uwaah~ France. We've been there. It's so pretty,' Key exclaimed.

'Oh, really? How cool! If we'd known each other then, we could've met up,' you fantasized.

'Yeah... Donghae hyung should've called you out,' he said. You blushed.

'We lost touch for a while,' you informed him.

'Oh. So what do you do there?'

'I work for a fashion label, connecting England and France,' you replied.

'Wow! Yay! When you become design manager we could go shopping together and you could experiment with my looks and hair...'

The conversation lasted for a long while and you were glad to know Key's knowledge about fashion. A sudden disruption began when the topic of Andre Kim came up.

'Siwon-hyung can impersonate him really well, really,' Onew told you, turning to look at Siwon who sat in the corner of the room quietly, reading a book.

You looked at the quiet Siwon who cast a look at the people who were watching him.

'Do it, hyung,' Onew insisted.

'Anni, it's embarassing,' Siwon moaned, hiding behind ihis book again.

'C'mon, hyung, it's just your voice. Do it behind the book,' Taemin encouraged.

After a while, a deep voice of Siwon's impersonation came from behind the cover. The room collapsed with laughter and cheers.

'Onew hyung does a great impersonation too!' Jonghyun exclaimed, become hyper with the new atmosphere.

Everyone anticipated it, when Onew began beatboxing and without warning, let out a very Donald Duck-y squawk.

You clapped and cheered. Soon, the conversations turned to a talent show. They made Taemin dance next, the overriding power of the maknae couldn't let you take your eyes off of him. Your mouth formed a small but perfect 'o'.

 After much convincing, Jonghyun finally sang an unheard lovesong. He slowly advanced to you, reaching out his hand.

'Ahem,' Donghae cleared his throat and shook his head, throwing a meaningful look at Jonghyun at the same time.

Jonghyun took the hint and reached for Key instead, serenading the diva, as they acted out their love story.

'I see where Jongkey comes from,' you laughed at the two when they were finished. Key and Jonghyun exchanged looks before pushing each other a way.

'I feel like I'm in a variety show,' Eunhyuk voiced.

'Hm... It must get quite tiring being asked to showcase your talent all the time, huh?' you asked them.

'Hmm... Not really, it's what we want to do. Otherwise we wouldn't be doing what we are now,' Onew answered.

You nodded, agreeing. 'Ah! I remember a show...' you exclaimed, clapping as you did so, 'you pole danced!'

SHINee's eyes widened. Taemin and Jonghyun shying away, blushing slightly. Key laughed awkwardly.

'Yeah, I saw that too! Care to explain?' KangIn joined.

'We were being taught special talents,' Key explained calmly.

'Special tal-? Aish, this kid. You were the worst one there!'

Key laughed before diving to hide his face on Onew's back. He reemerged later laughing and fixing his hair.

'This isn't fair! When SHINee pole dances, it's okay, because they're young and cute, and the noona's want to see it - but when Super Junior does it, it's a massive controversy!' Heechul complained.

'The episode before that was also interesting...' KangIn raised his eyebrows at them.

'Yes. Taemin liked things beggining with 'p' and and ends with 'orn',' Onew laughed.

'Ah, hyung!'

'What? I meant popcorn!' Onew laughed mischievously, 'Wae? Are you guilty, Taeminnie?'

The room laughed as Taemin blushed a deeper red.

'It's okay Taeminnie. I bet more than half of the people in here are guilty,' you said, eyeing the room and finally resting on Donghae.

'What?'

 

 

'Fishy~' you sang as you opened Donghae's bedroom door.

Donghae jumped out of his bed and threw something glossy and papery under his pillow. A bead of sweat dripping down the side of his face, which was either from the startling heat of the summer sun outside or the fluster of seeing you in mini shorts and a vest top. You watched as his eyes travelled down your body.

You grinned at him suspiciously. 'What were you doing?' you asked innocently.

'N-nothing,' he replied, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. 'I was just about to take a shower.'

'I see,' you smiled, and stepped forwards. 'Uwaah~ it's really hot in here, Hae,' you moaned, tilting your head to the side and dabbing at the glistening sweat there. 'I could do with a shower too.'

You saw him swallow as he turned to the window.

He paused. At the corner of his eyes he could see you smirk as you looked towards his bed. He realised what you were doing then as he opened the window. Well, two can play that game. He stripped off his shirt and smirked inwardly as you hid the flash of surprise on your face.

He approached you who took a half wary step back.

'C'mon.'

'W-what are you doing?' you stammered as he took hold of your hand.

'It's hot, let's go take a shower.' He tugged at your arm, and when you didn't move, stepped behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist.

'What's wrong? Didn't you say you could do with a shower?' he mumbled as he brushed his lips against the nape of your neck. You froze at the touch.

He chuckled as he kissed your shoulder, gently bringing the straps of your vest and bra down with gentle fingers. You gasped as a sharp pain hit your shoulder. Before you could turn, Donghae had already chuckled against your ear.

'That's what you get for teasing me,' he smirked. With one last kiss on your neck, he ran to the bathroom and closed the door behind him.

You headed to the mirror on his desk, pulling you straps up as you did so. You examined the your shoulder to find Donghae had left you an already bruising lovebite. You gritted your teeth and pounded on his bathroom door.

'YAH! How am I suppose to wear vests with this!' You stopped and let out a deep breath. Donghae's desk caught your attention, where a permanent pen lay on top of some papers. You grinned mischievously and grabbed it.

Reaching under his pillow, you took out the adult magazine and began censoring the women's body parts before turning back onto the front cover.

How do you like it now, Hae?