To Reason With You

In This Lifetime

'Um, omma?' you asked warily approaching your mother who had begun to desprately hack at the weed on her flowerbed.

'Neh?' she asked, turning around and holding up her sunhat to see you better.

'Donghae and I wanted to go shopping if that's okay,' you started but she cut you short.

'Of course it's okay. When did you ever begin asking permission to go there?' she said, turning back around.

Behind you Donghae smiled amused by your mother's frankness. You sighed.

'I wanted to ask if you're going to be okay looking after appa, since oppa is still out and won't be back for a while.'

Your mother paused, stood up and turned to you as she took off her gardening gloves. She sighed.

'Honey, I'm very capable of handling your father. I have handled patients at hospitals in the same conditions, okay? Now you and Donghae have a lovely afternoon, and be back for dinner as we're having a meal with Donghae's parents. Arrasso?'

Your eyes were wide at the unexpected announcement. You exchanged a look with Donghae before turning back to your mother and nodding.

'Neh, omma... Well, we should go then.'

 

At The City

 

'Come on!' you yelled at Donghae.

You ran into the crowd excitedly, curious by the flock of people who seemed to be surrounding whatever it was at the centre of the shopping mall.

He ran after you, afraid he might lose you. And he did. There seemed to be a competition taking place. 4 chosen girls stood on the platform. A large ammount of yelling, hooting and wolfwhistling seemed to be going on. Donghae searched over the heads of people, still looking at the front. He was pushed and pulled until his concentration was disrupted as he stumbled onto the stage.

A loud cheer went about.

'Whehey! We have our single man! Thank you for coming up sir,' the host cheered, and gave him a wink.

'What?' Donghae asked confused, it went unheard over the cheers of the crowd. And that's when he spotted you. Busily and happily taking pictures of him at the front of the crowd. He got up from the seat he was forced into.

'So, our girls here are competing for a date with this man. What do you girls think?' the host persisted. 'Is he goodlooking enough for you?' he asked the oppinion of one of the girls.

'Neh, I think he could be my ideal type,' one of the girls answered shyly.

'What's your name sir?' the host asked.

'Uh-er, Donghae,' he begun but was cut short by the host again as he pulled the microphone back.

'Donghae-goon, which of these girls are close to your ideal woman?'

'Eh? he asked quite rudely. 'None of them. I already have a girlfriend,' he answered bluntly and got up from the seat he was forced into.

'Ah, really? Sorry to have forced you up here then. Where is your girlfriend?' he asked looking at the crowd.

He pointed at you seriously, before before smirking. You put the camera you held in your hands down and stared at him, before the wolfwhistling, yelling and cheering started again. Before you knew it you were up on stage as well.

'How about your girlfriend compete aswell?'

The crowd cheered again. You glared at Donghae for getting you into the same mess. You were having fun down there, taking pictures of his red face.

'Okay, so this is how the game will work: Donghae-goon will be blindfolded. The girls here will be asked to do a task or answer a question, of every round he will choose the girl who created the most impact on him. The girls will be anonymous so he doesn't know which one is his girlfriend. We'll go to the first round for you guys out there to have an idea. No cheating,' the host finished with a wink as Donghae was taken to the front and blindfolded.

Your bags and belongings were taken from you and put to the side as you were given a large bag with a number on it. Number 3.

You stood on the third collumn, infront of you were 5 heart shaped platforms. The girl to your right flicked her hair and turned to smile at you before looking ahead. The girl to your right only smirked and looked ahead, she too smiled at you when she realised you were looking at her.

'Ok, the first round! Obviously you girls already need to step it up a level since Donghae-goon is already familliar with his own girlfriend. So be informal. First question. Donghae-goon is hungry, what would you feed him?'

G1: If oppa was hungry I would cook him a delicious meal of bibimbap to increase his energy and give him lots of energy.

G2: I'd feed him strawberries and cream.

.

You: Apples. Lots of them.

Since I know I need to apoligise for a lot of things. You mentally noted to buy him lots of apples after this.

G4: I'd feed him steak.

G5: I'd ask him first.

Eh? That was reasonable. Good answer.

The crowd laughed and the host proceded.

'Oh, well, that was interesting. Donghae-goon?'

'Neh?' he replied.

'What did you think?'

'I'm wondering why those dishes, but I like Girl Number 5's idea of asking me first.'

The crowd 'oooh'ed and eyed you. You smiled. So what?

______________________________