Summer Trip Part 2

In This Lifetime

Supper ended smoothly and with satisfaction. The men patted their full bellies as they got up the table. You hurriedly got up to fix the table when your mother stepped in.

'It's okay, dear, leave it there and I'll wash. Help Donghae take your luggages to the room upstairs.'

You paused, mid-way to picking a plate up.

'N-neh? We-we're sleeping in the same room?'

You mother placed a stack of dirty dishes on the kitchen counter and turned to you.

'Of course. It's not like you haven't shared a bed before... and I trust you're both responsible enough not to do anything stupid...'

You stood there, mouth hanging open staring into space.

'Right?' your mother persisted.

'Eom-eomma-' you began just as Donghae came stumbling in through the front door. His right arm heaving a large duffel bag and holding one of your backpacks whilst his left heaved a suitcase into the house.

'Yah, go and help him,' you mother ordered somewhere behind you before you felt a light push on your shoulder.

You snapped out of your trance and pulled the strap of the duffel bag Donghae carried on his shoulder. He protested and insisted you carry the bag in his hand instead, but you refused for it wouldn't be fair on him. Together the both of you heaved the luggage upstairs into the spacious bedroom.

'Are you sleeping here?' Donghae observed. The room was beautiful with glass front windows that overlooked both sides of the house, front and back, and a high sloping ceiling. There was a french door that led to a balcony outside, which was decorated with a numer of potted flowers, hiding the garden table and chair which you remember always being occupied by your Aunt in the mornings without fail, the fresh aroma of coffee in her hands in the morning made you wish you could have a beautiful life like hers.

'I-I guess so.' You followed Donghae's gaze at the queensized bed.

'But- you didn't need to take my bag up as well,' he said, approaching you with his hands reaching for his bag, 'I'm sleeping downstairs.'

'E-eh? Our parents are sleeping downstairs,' you informed him.

'Then I'll sleep in the living room,' he said, walking towards the stairs.

You don't want to sleep next to me, huh? Fine, whatever.

You took out your pyjamas and toiletries and began arranging the bed when Donghae came up still carrying his bag. His face was apologetic and sheepish at the same time.

'Um, your... er... parents said - well - insisted, that I sleep with you - I mean - not sleep with you, but sleep next to you,' he explained, the change of expressions on his face amusing you, 'It's okay, I can sleep on the floor.'

You watched him fidget. Since when did he bacome this shy and reserved? He set his bag down and began ruffling through it. You picked up your belongings and headed towards the bathroom. After washing up, you found Donghae had already laid out a place to sleep on the floor beside your bed. He was propped against the wall when you came out of the bathroom. Downstairs, what light was able to reach the second floor, suddenly turned off, indicating your parents had gone down to the bedrooms at the ground floor of the house.

You climbed into your bed as Donghae got up and entered the bathroom. You pulled the duvet over you and listened to the sound of him humming in the bathroom, the sound was stopping you from falling asleep.

You shut your eyes quickly as Donghae opened the door, and turned the light off in the bathroom. You heard him make his way towards the positively uncomfortable spread on the floor beside your bed. You peaked with your left eye. No sound. You opened both of your eyes, Donghae was nowhere in sight which suggested he had already lain down. You squirmed over to your left and looked over the side of the bed. Donghae had thrown his right arm over his face, blocking out the lights of the lamps.

You bit your lip, feeling that familiar guilt bubbling up inside you, he must've worn himself out driving all day. The floor seemed so hard, and the duvet he lay on was hardly thick enough. It will be cold during the night and all he had was a thin banket.

'Donghae?' you whispered loudly.

'Hm?' He peeked at you from under his arm, 'What is it?'

'Are you okay?'

'Neh, of course.'

'Are you sure?'

You saw his smile. 'Just go to sleep, yeobo.'

You lay back, staring at the ceiling, guilt got the better of you. You looked over the side again.

'Sleep next to me,' you whispered loudly.

Donghae didn't move, and when he finally did, he took his arm off from his face.

'I don't want to.'

You paused to process his words. Suddenly, a sudden anger rose inside you.

'Why?' you asked, sounding harsher than intended.

He was silent again. Finally he spoke.

'You might regret it.'

'Chuh... You might regret sleeping on the floor. You don't know how cold it gets down there.'

'I prefer it.'

You frowned and sat up.

'Yah! What's so bad about sleeping next to me?!' you said out loud. That took him by surprise and he sat up to look at you.

'Sshh! People are sleeping!'

'What's wrong with me? Why can't you sleep here?'

'Sshh!' Donghae looked panicked as he pressed a hand to cover your mouth. You frowned at him, still offended by his statement. He got up on his knees leaning closer to your face. 'Don't say I didn't warn you. I'm a guy too.' With that he grabbed his pillow from the floor and jumped  into bed next to you.

You paused and thought about what he said, you shuffled away.

'Yah! Where are you going?' he asked, suddenly confused by your distance.

'I'm gonna sleep on the floor,' you said sitting up.

'Don't be stupid.' He grabbed your hand and pulled you next to him. Your heart gave a funny beat as you fell next to him, his arm around your shoulders.

'You were the one who insisted sharing the bed,' he said, turning on his side facing you and burrying his face in your hair. His other hand found your waist and settled there, pulling you even closer.

'D-Donghae-ah.' You felt the heat radiating off him and your heart racing as he held you tighter.

'Mm?' he mumbled in your hair.

You opened your mouth to respond but nothing came out. You closed it.

You tried slowing your heart down to a normal rhythm, but every part of your body was fully aware of the man lying next to you. You finally closed your eyes, his warmth enveloping you, it wasn't all bad, it actually felt good. His familiarity, his reassurance, all the memories came back to you as you finally relaxed and settled in his arms.

He smiled and kissed your forehead gently, and then your closed eye. You swallowed as his lips brushed past your cheek and gently pressed his lips on yours. You waited for him to pull away, for your lips to gently part, instead you felt the gentle glide of his soft lips as he deepened the kiss. You let him kiss you, indulging in the sweet sensation. When you parted your lips to invite him in was the time he parted away suddenly.

He leant away, about a metre from you, sitting up.

'Ah!' He rubbed the back of his neck frustratedly, 'Let's stop, before you drive me crazy.'

You pursed your lips, and turned away, somewhat deflated.

You should be glad! He has the commonsense to treat you properly.

He lay back down, keeping a distance between the both of you.

You sighed silently, turning on your side, away from him, but not before he heard it and mentally noting your disappointment.

Well, what could he do? Your parents are asleep downstairs.

 

Donghae woke up as something warm and gentle pressed against his chest. You had unconsciously searched for him during the night and it had been the same for him. After parting from you last night, lying in bed seemed cold and empty without each other's warmth. He watched your sleeping figure, his left arm had gone dead due to your use of it as a pillow. Uncomfortable in your position, you your side and unwrapped your arms from around Donghae's waist only to replace it on his chest.

Fully awake, Donghae tried sitting up only to be brought down at the thought he might disturb your sleep. Instead he lay back down gently, and his side to face you. Deep in slumber, you were slowly being brought back to consciousness from your sweet dreams by a gentle tickling sensation on your face, then the emptiness of your arms and the gentle sinking of your head into a pillow. When your eyes fluttered open however, Donghae was already walking towards the bathroom, stripping his shirt in the process, before closing the door gently behind him.

You sighed and sat up gently, covering your face with your hands embarassedly. You didn't know how long you had been sitting there picking at the cover of your duvet when Donghae finally came out of the bathroom, wearing only trousers and towelling his wet hair dry.

You looked away, blushing, uncovering your legs and sitting on the edge of the bed. After your actions last night, you felt completely stupid and easy. Donghae chuckled.

'Good morning,' he said, making his way towards his bag to find a shirt.

However, when you didn't answer, he made his way over to you instead.

'Yah...' he said gently, kneeling infront of you, 'what's wrong?'

You looked at him, pouting and frowning at the same time.

'You make me feel so stupid,' you said, getting up and moving towards the bathroom. He grabbed your arm before you could move away.

'What?' he asked, confused, 'why?' You suspected he already knew so you kept silent, feeling even worse. Unsuspectedly, he pulled you into a hug. 'I'm sorry... It's my fault, I shouldn't have... kissed you like that in the first place.' Your head rested on his chest, frozen by his sudden action and you could hear his steady heartbeat. 'I'm sorry, I really am,' he said, pulling back and lifting your chin up with gentle fingers, 'you know I wouldn't do anything to purposely hurt your feelings.' He laughed and ran a hand through his hair, 'for what it's worth, you're driving me crazy. You don't know how much I've been trying to have some self-restraint.'

You smiled a little at his words. He watched you and finally putting the differences aside, kissed you.

'Omo,' a voice exclaimed surprise. You and Donghae jumped apart as you bowed a goodmorning to Donghae's mother. 'I-I... Breakfast's ready,' the woman finally said before hurrying back down.

You blushed, and went to the bathroom, missing Donghae's small smile as you closed the door.

_____________________________________________

 

I know it's been a boring chapter :( but here's a hottie for you :')

 

Oh So HOT...