The Fights

In This Lifetime

 

The 5th girl stepped forward onto the next platform, and so the next round begins.

You blew at your fringe as the host walked slowly about on the stage reading his cuecards.

'It's been a long time since you've seen Donghae,' the host began.

At those words you looked up, thinking he was directing the sentence to you.

'Where would you take him and why?'

G1: I'd like to take oppa to our school to reminisce our time together.

The crowed 'ooh'ed again, you smiled in amusement as you saw Donghae frown with confusion.

G2: I'd want to take him to an amusement park to create new memories for both of us.

You thought back to the amusement park you visited on your first day back with Donghae. I hate you.

You: I'd take him... to a certain park, since he's still a child inside.

What a lame answer... Your shoulders drooped.

G4: ... shopping, he's very fashionable.

G5: ...to the country side where we can escape together.

The host spoke again, but you could only concentrate at the girl to your right, with her long hair and long legs, her nice figure. It wasn't fair. She must be a model. Ugh, I hate you.

The host began asking Donghae's opinion, and the crowd held their breath.

'-mmm... I'd say... Girl number 2.'

The crowd's reaction was neither supportive or opposive, but some people's sharp intake of breath could be heard, as well as their mouthing the word 'ouch'.

The girl to your right stepped forwards with another flick of her long hair, as if she wanted it to hit your face.

This irritated you, and the funny thing was you didn't know what of. The girl beside you winning your bestfriend, Donghae not knowing your voice or the fact that people actually thought you were a real couple and that you cared. Did you care?

The host spoke up.

'We all know it's traditional for the guys to be giving their girls presents no matter how big or small, but if you had to get Donghae something special, what would it be?'

G1: I would get oppa... photos of us together, to remember our memories.

You, kid, are just getting annoying. Stop trying to impersonate me!

G2: I would you get some new headphones for your music.

You: I'd write you a letter.

Ugh, this a! A letter? Really? Why did you say that? I mean, what are you hoping for?

I really have to stop talking to myself...

You missed girl number 4 and 5's answers, lost in your own thoughts.

Donghae had already said his chosen answer and yet still you remained on your step.

'Er, Miss Number 3?' the host asked.

You processed his words in your mind and looked up. The crowd was silently snickering amongst themselves as you took a hesitant step forward.

'Looks like Miss Number 3 is in dreamland,' the host said playfully.

Donghae smiled and soon your mood had lifted up too.

'Okay, Round 4 is a special task for our girls here. It involved skinship so apologies to Donghae's girlfriend,' the host smiled and gave you a wink.

The smile that was on your face faded as Donghae was helped onto a massage bed.

'Are you confident about this?' the host stood infront of you.

You opened your mouth but no answer came out.

'Oh dear, it looks like our heroine's in trouble,' the host commentated.

Girl 1 approached Donghae carefully.

'So the objective is how you would seduce Donghae by massage,' the host  explained. You swallowed.

The first girl ran her hand up Donghae's arms and began massaging his shoulders, he made no sound of pleasure... or objection.

The next girl did the same, except this time much softer and more seducively. You watched in horror as the MC crouched down to see Donghae.

'Donghae-goon!'

'Neh?' he replied.

'How is it?'

'I feel like sleeping,' he replied.

The crowd laughed and his answer pleased you too. That isn't the objective.

Girl number two returned to her spot next to you and you were called up.

With shaking fingers you hesitantly reached out for him, the tip of your fingers touched his own and you took his hand. You memorised it, following the lines on the palm of his hand, when your time was up he gave you a reassuring squeeze easing your worries that you didn't know you had until that point.

The next round followed, and the next.

'Are you getting an idea of who your girlfriend could be?'

'I already know,' Donghae answered confidently.

The MC asked no more further question and the game seemed to stretch and on and on...

But inside everything was a blur, not realising you had already won until a basket of couple products were handed to you. Donghae's blindfold came off and he immediately approached you with that smile on his face.

You stared at each other for a while... until the MC cleared his throat.

'So aren't you giving the lucky girl a kiss?' The MC winked.

You frowned and looked down but it melted away as soon as you saw Donghae watching you.

Slowly your heart began to race as he leaned closer and closer.

You closed your eyes, trying to forget the amount of people that are watching you right now or those girls who were watching you with hatred and jealousy.

You could feel the heat radiating off him and your heart felt ready to explode...

Gently and softly his lips brushed yours and you were suddenly lost by the unknown feeling coursing through your body.

He deepened the kiss but soon he pulled away again, a sheepish smile on his face.

Your face was burning with embarassment.

The host whistled and congratulated the both of you.

You and Donghae both gladly exited off stage with the cheers of the crowd as the next competition began, this time with boys competing.

_______________________________________