Chapter 8: The Progress

The Tale Of A Lion Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 8: The Progress

 

12th December 2016, Monday, 07:00 a.m.

Han Park. 

 

Yul is doing his weekly routine when Jessica suddenly give him a phone call. He stop jogging and sit on the bench nearby. He's still panting when he answer the phone. He lean his back at the chair and look up the sky with his mouth hanging open. 

 

 

"Hello Miss Jessica." He greet as he's catching his breath. 

 

"D-Did I disturb you over something?" She asked in uneasy tone. 

 

"Nope. Is there something I can help you with?" He asked as he's wiping his sweat with a towel on his neck. 

 

"I want to give you a suits to wear at the launching event later." She explain. "Where can I meet you?" 

 

Yul look at his wrist watch and stay silent for a while. "I think I will just go to your place. Is that okay to you?" He said as he's on his way to his car.

 

"I will text my home address later." She said shortly. 

 

"Sure. See ya." He said as he smile even though she can't even see it. 

 

"Drive safely." She manage to say as she immediately cut the call. 

 

 

Yul smile and slid his phone in his pocket. 

 

 

 

Jung Mansion, SYJ's Room - 07:09 a.m.

Jessica POV


"Drive safely." I manage to say as I immediately cut the call.

 

 

Did I just disturbed him doing something? I put my phone on the bed and flashback about his voice just now. Urgh. This is getting awkward. What if..? What if it's true? What if he's really in the middle of.. Aish! ByunSica!

 

But. Omo! Don't tell me! No! No! But that sound so much like.. "Kyaaaa!" I can't help myself but scream as I begin to imagine thing. What else he would be doing early in the morning? That pant. I never thought that he already have someone special in his life.  

 

Aish. I should stop imagining thing and text him my home address. I reach for my phone again and text him. I get up from bed and wash my face. As soon as I get out from the toilet I take out the suits that I'm going to give him. It's black and red one which he really like the most out of the ten suits. 

 

I hold the suits' hanger carefully and open the door knob. I walk downstairs and found my parents are having a breakfast in a dining room. "Morning mom, dad." I greet them which earn a disbelief expression from them instead of greeting me back. 

 

"Don't give me that look mom, dad." I said as I pout a bit. 

 

Mom smile at me as my dad shook his head. "Morning, my princess. Where are you going this early in the morning?" Mom asked as she stare at the suits I'm holding. 

 

"Prince Yul is on his way here to take this suits." I said which makes them gasped. "Don't worry, he won't come in. We will talk outside." I cut the thought that my parents were up to. 

 

"That is dangerous Sooyeon. What if people saw you and him?" Mom asked in a worried tone. 

 

"Don't worry, mom. I can handle this." I said and found a white Range Rover Sport just park in front of the gate through the glass window. "I think he's here." I said as I grab the gate remote on the brown cabinet beside me. I open the gate and he drive inside our mansion area. I then close the gate again. 

 

...

 

He park his car not too far from the main entrance of the mansion. I approached his car and wait for him. He get out from it and greet me with a smile. "Good morning, Miss Jessica." He said.

 

"Good morning." I greet back. He's wearing a white workout singlet with a black pant. "I'm sorry if I ever disturbed you." I said in apologetic tone. 

 

"No it's fine. I was jogging just now at the Han Park." He said. Wow. So what I've been thinking was wrong? Pabo Sica. It was you all along with your ert thinking. I sigh in relief and smile at him. 

 

"I'm glad then. Here is your suits." I said as I handed him a suits that I have been holding for too long. 

 

"Thanks. When do I need to return this back to you?" He asked as he open the back door of his car and put the suits there. 

 

"Just think of it as a gift from me, Sir." I said to him. 

 

He nodded and smile. "Well thanks again. Soo is probably envy of me if he know about this." He said and I chuckles a bit. "By the way, where is Miss Krystal?" He suddenly asked which makes my smile fade away but I decide to cover up my expression so I smile again.

 

"She's still sleeping. Why?" I asked back. 

 

"It just she's still didn't send me the picture of the three of us at the cafe before. Please remind her to send it to me." He said. Oh it just because of that. 

 

"Sure. I'll tell her about this once she wake up." I said to him and he nodded at my words. 

 

"Sooyeon, you should ask him to have a breakfast here since you made him come for a long way just to take that suits!" My dad scold as he walk towards us. I turned gaze to the guy beside me and found him smile at my dad.

 

"Well?" I asked him. He look at me for a while before he turned his gaze to my dad again. 

 

"I'm sorry Mr. Jung but I'm kind of smelly right now." He said as he pulled his singlet a bit to describe that he is smelly right now.

 

"Thats fine, Your Highness. Girl like a smell of a hardworking man." I heard it even though my dad whisper it at him. I give my dad a glare for that. Yul is smiling shyly right now and seems hesitate of what should he do. "Get in." My dad said as he gesture him to get into our house. 

 

"What about you, Mr Jung?" He asked my dad in a very polite way. To think about it, never once I saw this kind of interaction between Tyler oppa and my dad. It's a heart warming scene.

 

"I need to go to work now. Enjoy your breakfast here." My dad said and I kiss his cheek as a goodbye before he go to work. 

 

"Drive safely, Mr. Jung." He said to my dad as he bowed at him. I could never tell that he's a prince when he act so down to earth like this. Usually a prince is kind of arrogant and cold or maybe I watch too many movies? I zoned out a bit until he called me. 

 

"Miss Jessica?" 

 

"Yes? Lets get in." I said.

 

"You go first. I need to turn off the engine." He said and walk to his car. 

 

 

 

Dining Room - 08:10 a.m.

 

I ask him to sit at my dad's seat and he just follow my order. He sit and look around the table. I begin to feel worry. What if he doesn't eat this? I look at my mom as I try to give her what-if-he-don't-eat-this look but my mom just ignore me. 

 

Mom cook an omelette and scramble eggs this morning. This is the usual dish for the American so I'm still wondering why he doesn't touch the food yet. "Sir? Are you okay by eating this? I'm sorry if this didn't meet your standard." I said in apologetic tone.

 

"No, it's fine. I used to eat this a lot at home. Don't worry." He said. 

 

I sigh in relief. "Please enjoy your breakfast." I said and smile at him.

 

"I will eat well! Thank you Mrs. Jung and Miss Jessica too." He said to us before he start to eat the omelette.

 

"Please eat a lot, Your Highness." Mom said as she smile at him. 

 

I can't help myself but stare at him as he eat. His way of munching a food, his way of cutting the omelette, I can't help but glance at him once in a while. While I'm busy checking him out I heard Soojung's voice from upstairs. 

 

"Mom, what did you cook for a brea--" She didn't finish her sentence as she run upstairs immediately after she saw him. I guess he saw her messy hairs and her messy face too. Aigoo. I never thought that she will wake up early today. I look at him and he's smiling as he shook his head. 

 

"Soojung will surely scold herself for being clumsy and lock herself in her room until lunch." Mom said as she smile and shook her head too. 

 

He finish his breakfast quickly and excuse himself to go back after he thanked my mom for the breakfast. "Please come again for a breakfast, Your Highness." Mom said. 

 

"Sure, Mrs. Jung. It will be a great pleasure to me." He said.

 

"Mom, I want to walk him to the car for a while." I informed my mom as she nodded at me. 

 

 ...

 

He was about to open the door when he turned his head and look at me. "Can you say sorry to Miss Krystal for me? Tell her that I'm sorry for disturbing her morning." He said as he wait for my answer. 

 

"I will." I said and we smile at each other. 

 

"See you at the launch." He said and we bid goodbye. 

 

 

 

Living Room - 08:45 a.m.

 

I get into the house after sending him off. I sit on the couch and play with my phone. "Did uri Soojungie like him?" Mom suddenly asked me.

 

"I guess so, mom. Why?" I asked her back.

 

"Isn't she in a relationship with Kai?" She must be not telling my mom about that yet uh? 

 

"I don't know mom. Maybe you should ask her about that." I said as I want Soojung to tell mom about it by herself. 

 

"If you said so." 

 

End of Jessica POV 

 

 

 

The Wal Mansion: Living Room - 09:30 a.m.

 

Yul is fixing his suits in front of the mirror that placed beside a TV. "I'm here, Sir." Soo reported as he stand behind Yul. 

 

"What do you think of this suits, Soo?" He asked as he turned facing him. 

 

"Wow. It is so brilliant." He praise. 

 

Yul open the left side of his coat and show it to him. It wrote 'Blanc & Eclare - First Edition'. Soo gasped. "You bought it from Miss Jessica?" He asked.

 

He can't help but laugh a little as he look at Soo's reaction. "She gave this to me as a gift." He said. 

 

Soo fake a tears. "I envy you. *Sob* *Sob* You even got to spend time with her." He continue as he wipe his fake tears. 

 

This time he laugh loudly. "You're such a little boy, Soo." He said as he shook his head while laughing hard. "That ruin the image of you in my head. I have always thought that you're such a strong and a serious person." He said and that makes Soo grin shyly. 

 

"You thought wrong then, Sir." He said. 

 

"I gotta go now." Yul said and patted his shoulder. 

 

"What the? So he just want to brag about that suits?" Soo thought as he facepalmed in frustrated.

 

 

 

Seoul Department Hall Way - 09:55 a.m.

 

As Yul arrived at the the department hall way he's being greet by a red carpet. Many fans make a woo sound and scream as he walk through it. He stand at the 'Blanc & Eclare' wallpaper and wave hand at the camera. 

 

Suddenly Jessica appear at the scene. She join Yul standing there and wave hand at the camera too. Jessica is wearing a full black color dress that is revealing her shoulder, her ankle can be seen as she wear that dress because that dress is kind of short and lastly she wear a pair of black heels with a lovely makeup on her face.

 

Yul can't help but stare at her. He can't take his eyes off her. She's too breathtakingly beautiful today. Both of them looks so good together as their cloth match each other so well. Because of her sudden appearance the crowd begin to scream again moreover with their matching outfit. 

 

Just then a reporter handed a microphone to them. Yul hold it for them and smile at the camera. "What do you feel of working with Jessica-shi?" A reporter asked.

 

He look at Jessica and smile. "I'm happy that I can work with the creative director Miss Jessica Jung because her design is absolutely fabulous. This is one of her first edition on man suits." He state proudly as he point at the suits he's wearing right now. She can't help but smile at his words. "As you can see, it's brilliant." 

 

"What do you think of working with someone that is a very well known and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter