Chapter 2: Gift? What Gift?

Happily Ever After...
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“You still haven’t picked anything?”

Yifan shakes his head that is resting on a table. His long arms are spread out in front of him and his friends are sitting across from him looking at the man with both amused and annoyed looks. Zitao takes his drink off of the table before giant hands can knock them over.

“Do you need help?”

Yifan nods his head. He had been busy with filming and now that he was confirmed to go on this show, which he did not sign up for in the first place, he did not have time to do anything. He had been sleep deprived and truly tired but couple of days ago a camera crew showed up to give him the magical red envelope that told him to go buy a gift. Who even does that? No manners at all. He hated getting gifts for his friends and he always forced them to pick out something while he paid for it, but this time he actually had to pick stuff out all by himself.

“So, you don’t know who the other person is, correct?” Minseok asks.

Yifan nods his head.

“Not even their gender?” Minseok asks, again.

Yifan nods his head, again.

Zitao and Minseok sigh in unison. The man in front of them truly look worn out and the two are worried that Yifan moving to Korea might have been an impulsive decision. They knew that he had been offered a role and Yifan could never walk away from a challenge. Acting in Korea would be a challenge for him since he was still learning the language and culture. But there was no way of stopping him.

“How about something for couples?” Minseok adds on to help out his friend.

“What,” Yifan moves his head so that now it’s resting on his chin, “like matching t-shirts?”

“That’s tacky!” Zitao makes a face. “I agree with Minseok but the couple thing but it has to be something more classy than a t-shirt,” he sips his drink, “you should come over my shop. I’m sure we can find you something there.”

“That’s a good idea.” Yifan’s head is now fully off of the table. He scrunches up his face. “Why did I not think of that?”

Zitao rolls his eyes.

“I’m wondering that too, I guess that’s why you need us more than you realize.”

“Wait!” Minseok plants his hands on the table. “Take some of my mooncakes too! Who doesn’t like food!”

Yifan nods his head in agreement. He would never say no to food.

“Speaking of which,” Tao puts down his drink, “where are our mooncakes?”

Minseok sits up and looks around the man to see out of the room. Yifan had sent SOS to his friend group and only Minseok and Tao were taking their lunch breaks at the time. They agreed to meet up at one of Minseok’s cafes for lunch while discussing the distress that Yifan couldn’t handle by himself. The oldest man in the group had pushed the other two into a private room after ordering for them and they had been locked up in there ever since.

“Let me go check on that.” Minseok gets up and disappears for a good five minutes. However, Yifan smells the telltale smell of a freshly baked pastry coming their way. A cute man with round eyes walks back in with a tray of mooncakes and more.

“They were waiting for a fresh batch to be delivered. Hope you guys are hungry! I also brought some sandwiches.”

Zitao wiggles in his seat with excitement and even before Minseok can place the tray down between them, he has his share in front of him. Yifan waits until Minseok sits back down to attack his own food.

While eating and conversing about other aspects of their busy lives, Yifan is able to relax for a moment and just take his time enjoying the food and company.

“Yifan,” Zitao calls out with a mooncake stuffed in his mouth, “you have nothing to worry about, we got your back.”


 

 

Yifan walks around a stylishly designed boutique looking over all of the goods in front of him. He had been to this specific branch before and it always amazes him how nice it feels to be in it. No wonder everyone spends their money here, it basically makes you unable to dislike anything. He also has a lot of fun looking for the many unnoticable differences between each store he visits, Zitao denies them all by saying that all of his stores were exactly the same. Copy and Paste.

“See anything you like?” Zitao comes out of the back room after he checks all of the locks. He had brought his friend to his store after closing hours so that they can go crazy without attracting any attention.

“You have anything uni?”

Zitao walks over to some jackets and pulls one out. Yifan shakes his head.

“I don’t know their size. It would

Please log in to read the full chapter