Chapter 4: Untold Stories

Happily Ever After...
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

(The following events take place after their first time in their new house in  Episode 5 filming)

 

            Chanyeol keeps walking in and out of the balcony with a content smile on his face. Yifan can only stand by the bar table, leaning on the empty stand, as he watches the other tall male snake through the crew members also busy inside their house. The crew is busy placing cameras on the corners of their ceiling, which is a hard thing to do since the ceiling is very tall and they had to borrow a ladder from the janitors. The producers are directing the crew and they are try to hide the wires as best as they can.

Chanyeol doesn’t mind the craziness around him. He is just happy to be at the apartment. He had never been an owner of a place this big with another person. His dorm is owned by the company and he shares it with s. However, the idea of sharing this place with Yifan doesn’t sound that bad. It makes him smile, actually.

He turns around to look at one of the producers when she calls for him and Yifan. Yifan is already standing by her so he quickly makes his way towards them as well.

“So, we are done for today. We will put more cameras up when you are done with furnishing. Until then make sure the ones that are up are safe when you guys move in, they cost a lot.” There is a serious tone in her voice. The two males nod. “Also, we won’t turn them on for tonight. There was something wrong with the syncing so we will fix it when we hang the rest of them.” She turns to look at her co-producer who is busy packing up. “We will be going now. You two should head home too.”

Chanyeol straightens up when he hears that.

“Excuse me,” he speaks up, “would it be okay if we, or I,” he looks at Yifan, “doesn’t matter, stay here for a bit? I just like this place a lot and it feels really nice outside so I kind of want to enjoy it.” He hopes his puppy-eyes work on the woman.

Yifan’s lips quirk up on the ends as he looks on at the man next to him. He adds his own plea.

“We both will be busy in the following days so we can’t see this place in a while.”

The producer is convinced by the logic and the cuteness pushed upon her that she can only smile and nod.

The crew finish packing up and bid the two tall males standing in the middle of their empty home waving at the men and women exiting through the door. Once the door finally closes and beeps to signal the locking Chanyeol whips around to look at his husband.

“Hyung!”

Yifan can feel the excitement radiating off of the man.

“Do you want to plan our house? Oh! By the way, you like it, right?” Chanyeol had to be sure that he had picked the right type of place. He was fine with anything as long as it had a great view and this place had a spectacular one.

Yifan chuckles and reaches out to grab onto Chanyeol’s hand. He gently smiles to reassure the slightly confused looking younger man.

“How about,” they reach the glass door to their balcony, “we just enjoy it for now? As I said, we both will be busy and won’t be able to see this in a while.” He stretches out his arm to show the view that had both of them sighing with dazed looks.

“I’m glad we could get this place.”

Yifan agrees. They walk towards the edge of the balcony and both lean on the railing to looks at the shining city below them.
            “How much is the cost?” Yifan breaks their silence.

Chanyeol looks back into their home and runs inside to fetch something. He returns as quickly as he left with a packet in his hands.

“They said this here is the contract for leasing this place. We need to look through it and sign it with the real-estate agent.”

Yifan looks through the packet and sighs.

“This just made it real.”

“Is that bad?” Chanyeol quietly asks.

Yifan shakes his head and closes the packet.

“I actually think it’s better that it feels real. Let’s look over this later?”

Chanyeol beams up and nods his head.

“So, aren’t you leaving soon?” Yifan tries to change the topic.         

            “Tomorrow to Thailand.”

            Chanyeol had been having too much fun filming for the show. It was work but it was surprisingly relaxing. However, he also had another job that he could not miss and it took majority of his strength. In a sense, it felt like being an idol was his true job and he came to We Got Married like he was coming home. It made him smile from time to time and gave an excuse for s to give him hard time about it.

“Aren’t you filming too?”

“Yup,” Yifan takes out his phone and begins doing something on it, “it’s only two hour difference between here and Thailand. You wouldn’t mind if I kept texting you, right?”

Chanyeol begins to laugh. He brings up his left hand and shows it to Yifan.

“See this metal on my hand? Well, I think I’ll take this as your pass to text me whenever.”

Yifan smirks.

“It’s not just a metal, for your information. It’s white gold with 14K diamonds, so you better take care of it.”

Chanyeol’s face changes when he hears the secrets behind the, now suddenly heavy, piece of jewelry on his finger. He looks down at the band and it truly does look impressive. And expensive.

“Why would you get something like this? The couples on the show usually get something, well,” he rubs the back of his neck, “fake.”

Yifan takes the hand Chanyeol is busy scrutinizing into his own hand. His larger fingers easily engulf the younger man’s and he runs his thumb over the ring. He thinks back to the moment he had bought the matching rings. Yifan had visited the store to get something he had previously ordered and to get his current pieces cleaned. Once he entered the store he thought about looking through their couple rings and the worker was more than pleased to assist him further.

She had showed him and told him all about their popular couple rings but Yifan didn’t see anything that caught his eyes. He thanked the woman for her time and enthusiasm and while paying for his new necklace he looked down to see the real engagement and wedding rings. Majority of them were for females but a single band stood out of the rest and he asked to see it. Once he put it on he knew that it was the one he wanted. When she told him about the ring he was not put off and decided to buy a pair, one for him and one for his new husband. He always believed in quality over price.

“I think it’s worth it. Diamonds are not only for women to wear. I think you look nice with it.”

Chanyeol’s cheeks turn pink and he nods his head.

“Thank you.”

“Want me to drive you to your dorm?”

“In a bit?” Chanyeol leans on the railing again and looks out with a content smile.

Yifan cannot disagree.

“In a bit.”


 

 

“Good night.” Yifan has his hands on the steering wheel and he smiles at the man fixing his jacket.

“Good night, hyung,” Chanyeol turns around with his own smile, “and thank you for driving me,” his eyes travel down to his ring, “and the night. It was really nice.”
            Yifan nods his head and Chanyeol steps out of the car. He does a small wave before walking into the elevators that would take him to his dorm. Yifan drives out of the underground garage and hears his phone ringing. He takes a moment to locate the right button on his steering wheel and picks up the phone.

“Hello?”

“Well hello there my friend who doesn’t call me.”

Yifan chuckles. His ride back to his hotel is going to be not as lonely as he had thought.

“Jongdae, how are you?”

“Pretty good, same old I suppose. People want songs, I write those songs. Oh! I wrote a jingle for a children’s show! That was exciting.”

Jongdae’s laugh rings through the car. His happy-go-lucky attitude never seems to end and makes Yifan laugh along with him.

“But hey! How about you? I wasn’t able to meet you before you left. But I did meet with Minseok couple of days ago and he told me all about you. I’m a bit disappointed I wasn’t there in person to see you have a breakdown.”  

Yifan snorts. Of course that’s what Minseok told him.

“I did not have a breakdown. I was just stressed and needed some help.”

“Well, if you say so. So how is he? I saw the first episode and my God!” He makes a strange noise. Yifan is slightly worried.

“My God what?”

“It was the most annoying thing in the world. My body was refusing to accept what it was being fed.” He laughs. “You two were acting like couple of hormonal teenagers. ” Yifan rolls his eyes. “But if I’m being honest, I like Chanyeol. I think he was a good choice for you.”

Yifan breaks into a smile when Chanyeol is mentioned. He cannot agree more with Jongdae about that.

Please log in to read the full chapter