Chapter 7: So Close

Happily Ever After...
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

               Sooman stands by the giant windows of his office room looking out at the city skyline with an unreadable face. Five men are standing around his desk looking between him and another one who is sitting on the chair with his head down.

Chanyeol had known that his manager would bring him back to the company building and ever since he walked into the president’s office the atmosphere in the room was slowly suffocating him. Sooman hadn’t said a word let alone moved from his spot. Chanyeol’s manager had told him to sit down and he had been sitting for almost ten minutes. If Sooman didn’t say anything in the next minute, Chanyeol was ready to just start talking. He was known for talking and this was just killing him.

Luckily for Chanyeol, Sooman finally turns around.

“Did anyone spot you leaving?”

“No one I could see, sir.” Chanyeol’s manager quickly replies. Sooman nods his head.

“Chanyeol, do you know what kind of position you put me in? I was having dinner with my son and I got this call saying that reporters were dispatched because one of my stars was spotted meeting another man in a hotel. Now, tell me Chanyeol,” he leans forward with his hands planted on the edge of his desk, “what do you think was the first thing I thought you would be doing with someone in a hotel?” He smirks when Chanyeol lowers his head. “What do you think the reporters would say?” Sooman’s voice gets deeper and he leans in even more. “What were you thinking!” He slams both of his hands, hard, on the desk and all of the people in the room flinch.

Chanyeol knew the question did not have to be answered. Sooman always asked rhetorical questions just to mess with everyone or release the tension the man was feeling. In this case, Chanyeol would go with releasing his anger at him.

The president sighs and finally sits down with a loud thumb.

“Sajang-nim,” Chanyeol begins, “we had dinner and talked. I even told everyone that I would be back no later than eleven and I would inform manager if anything happened. I made sure to that no one saw me entering the place and Yifan-hyung also said that no one saw him. I don’t know where we went wrong and...”

Sooman puts up his hand to stop Chanyeol’s ranting. He looks at the other men in the room.

“Gentlemen, I would like to discuss this with Chanyeol, privately.”

The five men bow and quickly shuffle out of the room.

“Chanyeol,” Sooman stands up and walks around the desk until he finally reaches the younger man still looking down at the ground like it’s the most interesting thing in the word, “I know what people say about me. I know that I can be harsh sometimes.” He sits down next to Chanyeol. “I know that I made you feel like I was giving you no choice. But you should know that I do it to reach the final goal for you and EXO. The final goal is to make you guys the best boy group there ever was. However, when you do things that make it hard for me to achieve that goal I just don’t know what to do. I can’t punish you enough because you’re a human and will make more mistakes in the future.” Chanyeol finally meets the man’s eyes. “The only thing I can do is to warn you. I will try to fix this and you have to cooperate. Yifan too. I want neither of you commenting on this matter. I will contact Yifan’s representatives and all I ask of you and him is to stay quiet. Like if nothing happened. Okay?”

Chanyeol did not want to risk having Sooman actually tell him to stop seeing Yifan or stopping the show so he confidently nods his head.

“Good,” Sooman nods as well, “go home for now.”

Chanyeol stands up and looks around the chair to make sure he got all of his belongings. He bows at the man and walks the short distance to the door.

“Chanyeol,” said man turns around, “I’ll be keeping my eyes on you even more so. I hope you understand.”

Chanyeol leaves the room and comes face to face with a waiting room filled with people, including s.

“What happened?” Suho runs up to him and puts his hands on the taller man’s shoulders.

Everyone’s attention is on the two men and Chanyeol feels uncomfortable about revealing things that really should not be known by majority of the people present. He just smiles.

“Hyung, I’m tired. We should head back to the dorms. Don’t we have a schedule tomorrow?” He looks for his manager. Suho looks like he really wants to say something but ends up sighing and pulling Chanyeol out of the crowded room. The rest of the group follows close behind accompanied by their managers.

They make it into the van in silence and it remains silent through the whole ride. Chanyeol is tired, his body had gone through a lot today and it’s more than anything he had experienced with his normally busy life. He was first jumping off of the walls with excitement to finish work early so he could meet Yifan, then get aroused like never before, and then stressed with anticipation waiting for his president. He’s definitely tired.

Once inside their dorm, everyone takes their time washing up and no one questions Chanyeol about anything. He thinks he might be off the hook until walks into his shared room to find everyone in there waiting for him. He sighs and decides to not drag it on.

“I had dinner with hyung and we talked and then we started kissing.” He couldn’t stop himself from blushing. “It was nice and before anything else happened manager hyung called and I had to sneak out of the hotel.”

Kyungsoo, who is sitting on Chanyeol’s bed, speaks first.

“Did you tell sajang-nim that?”

Chanyeol shakes his head.

“Not about the kissing thing.”

Suho nods with approval.

“What did he say?” The leader asks.

“Not to say anything about it. He wants me to act like it never happened.”

Kai snorts.

“That’s like the oldest trick in the book. Everyone is going to see through that. I don’t think the press or the public is going to buy it.”

Chanyeol glares at Kai but there’s no malice in his eyes.

“There is no proof that I was there. I’m sure the hotel will keep their mouths shut and if neither of us say anything it’s really as if nothing happened.”

“So you’re okay with that?” Baekhyun says this time, voice quiet from under his covers.

Chanyeol plops himself onto his own bed, slightly hitting Kyungsoo in the process, and grunts into his pillow.

“It’s better than him telling me I can’t do the show anymore.”

The members say nothing after that. Chanyeol is always eternally grateful to s because they always know when he wants to talk and when he wants to be left alone. They all leave the room and Baekhyun turns around in his bed until he finds a comfortable position. Chanyeol hears a content sigh coming from his roommate and he too gets under his blanket.

Just as he closes his eyes they pop back open because he remembers turning his phone off when he walked into the president’s room and hadn’t turned it back on since. He finds his phone in his bag and prepares to be blinded by the bright light. However, his eyes widen when he sees multiple texts from Yifan.

 

Hubby Fan: Everything’s okay?

   

Hubby Fan: I’m guessing that you’re meeting with your president...

 

Hubby Fan: Let me know what he says. I’m sorry... maybe meeting up in at a hotel wasn’t that great of an idea.

 

Hubby Fan: Did you guys finish meeting? The news is already out... I can’t believe how fast they publish stories.

 

Hubby Fan: Hey, my agency just contacted me and I think I need to go back to China for a bit. They said your company contacted them, will you tell me what you talked about?

 

Hubby Fan: I hope everything went well. I’ll call you in the morning, have a nice night.

 

Hubby Fan: Good night! ❤️

 

Chanyeol smiles as he reads the texts and feels bad for not texting him back. He sees that it’s already past midnight and he’s not too sure if Yifan is still awake.

 

Yeollie: I had my phone off... sorry... Sajang-nim said he would contact your agency and he wants us to stay quiet about everything. I’ll make sure to let you know tomorrow. Goodnight, hyung! 😘

   

               Even after all that happened, Chanyeol falls asleep with a smile on his face.

 

 

(The following events take place after the ending of Episode 16. I decided to skip the chapters that happened in the middle so that I can get the story moving!)

 

              “See anything you like?” Tao asks from behind a stack of clothes as C

Please log in to read the full chapter