Chapter 3: Late Night Texts

Happily Ever After...
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

(The following events take place after the beginning part of Episode 3 filming)   

 

Yifan steps out of his bathroom with a white towel around his hips hanging dangerously low and another small one over his wet hair covering majority of his face. He walks into the closet to grab something to cover himself up. His wet hair leaves a trail of water running down his bare chest and back but it’s soon covered with a thin gray shirt, the water trail absorbing through the fabric. Yifan doesn’t even seem to notice or care as he continues to put on some pants.

As he walks out the closet he hears a ding from his nightstand. His phone has a message waiting for him. Yifan can only sigh when he sees who it is from. Manager Han.

 

Manager Han: You better reply to this...

 

            Yifan shakes his head. It starts now.

 

Wu Yifan: I just got out of the shower. What’s up?

 

Manager Han: What’s up? Oh, I don’t know... it’s not like you met with your make-believe husband/wife or anything.

 

Wu Yifan: Now that you mentioned it, yes, I did meet him.

 

Manager Han: Him? Oho~ so it’s a husband? Who is he?

 

Wu Yifan: Gege, shouldn’t you be sleeping now?

 

Manager Han: Don’t try to change the subject! WHO IS HE?

 

Yifan checks the time. It’s little past two in the morning so it should be around one in China. He had a long day. After finishing the shoot he had a magazine interview. The reporter was extra annoying this time. She had somehow known that he was filming for the show and really, like really, wanted to know everything about it. Yifan had just started, there wasn’t much he could provide her with even if he wanted to. He politely smiled and worked harder than ever to direct the conversation away from him and Chanyeol.

A smile breaks over Yifan’s face at the remembrance of Chanyeol.

Ah, Chanyeol.

 

Manager Han: Excuse me! Are you ignoring me now?

 

Right, manager.

 

Wu Yifan: No. I got distracted. Seriously, you should go to bed. Isn’t your wife waiting for you?

 

Manager Han: Wu Yifan, leave my wife out of this! What are you not telling me! Who is he??

 

Yifan can almost see the man’s face turning red. But back to important things. Chanyeol. If he is honest, Chanyeol was not what he had expected. When he saw the younger man walk over to him with a bright smile and even brighter eyes, Yifan couldn’t look away. He had seen him and his group, EXO, many times. But never in person. Even in China, they were very popular and he had friends that were big fans, which included his manager. He wasn’t sure if he should tell the man about Chanyeol. Hangeng will find out about him in the future so there wasn’t a need to hide it, right?

 

Wu Yifan: Chanyeol

 

Manager Han: What?

 

Wu Yifan: Chanyeol is my husband.

 

            Yifan stares at the screen. Nothing happens for a good five minutes. He can only sigh and shake his head. His manager most likely has just woken up his wife and his neighborhood.

 

Manager Han: WHAT???? PARK CHANYEOL??? FROM EXO???

 

             Here it goes. He knew he should have followed his gut feeling. His manager was a big fan of EXO. Figures.

 

Wu Yifan: Yup

 

Manager Han: Why?? Why did they make him do this with you?

 

             Okay, that sounded mean. Yifan hopes his manager doesn’t mean what he thinks he means.

 

Manager Han: Yifan, listen well. Chanyeol is like the most nicest person on this planet, if not the Universe! You better treat him well! I can’t believe he is doing this with you!!!

 

Wu Yifan: Don’t worry! I won’t do anything! Who do you think I am? I won’t attack him!

 

Manager Han: Oh that’s not even what I’m worried about! That kid is probably giving his all to the show so if you play with him I will know and I will skin you!

 

            Hangeng could be really scary sometimes.

 

Wu Yifan: How do you know I won’t give my all as well??

 

Manager Han: Will you?

 

             Well, now that he asked, will he? The m

Please log in to read the full chapter