Chapter 5: Wait For Me?

Happily Ever After...
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

            Sooman looks up from his desk at the door when his secretary excuses herself and another woman walks in. She bows and walks up to the table.

“Did you ask for me sir?”

“Dabin-shi, thank you for coming up so fast. I would like to talk about assigning you to a new group.”

The woman’s long hair sways behind her back as she sits down on one of the chairs in front of the office table. Sooman continues.

“You will be assigned as EXO’s new head coordinator.”

“I’m sorry but what happened to their old one?”

Sooman sighs and leans back into his seat.

“I’m also not too sure about it. She had some alcohol poisoning or something after the wrap up party we had last week. Young people these days really can’t control themselves. Anyways,” he brings out a folder, “I heard some good things about you and I think you’ve proven yourself skillful while working as an assistant coordy for SNSD. EXO hasn’t started their promotion yet so for now you can think of it as a practice run and if everything goes well I will keep you as the new permanent member of their entourage.”

The woman’s face lights up at the news and she promises the president that she will do everything she can to prove her worth and showcase her skills. She leaves the room with another set of bows and walks out to the elevator with light steps.

 

 

            Chanyeol’s head bends backwards over the back of his chair as he releases a deep sigh. Kyungsoo is sitting next to him getting his hair styled and looks to the man melting into his seat.

“What’s wrong?”

Chanyeol has his eyes closed but opens one to look at Kyungsoo.

“Nothing.”

Kyungsoo snorts and he turns his body to fully look at his friend.

“We both know that it’s not nothing. Something to do with Yifan-hyung perhaps?”   

“We’re good. Our trip is coming up.”

“So why are you all down?”

Chanyeol sits up.

“Kyungsoo, how would you tell if someone is interested in you?”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widen as he continues to look at his friend. The hair stylist has left the room to fetch more products and now it’s just the two of them.

“What do you mean?”

Chanyeol sighs again and this time he leans forward to place his head in his hands.

“You know,” his eyes peek through his fingers, “if a person is just being nice or is actually interested? Ack...” He runs his hands through his hair, “does that even make sense?”

Kyungsoo continues to observe the stressed man in front of him with a blank face until his lips stretch at the ends. He leans forward and whispers like they are sharing a secret.

“So this is about Yifan!”

“Kyungsoo!” Chanyeol whines as he pulls away from him. “I’m being serious here.”

Kyungsoo begins to laugh at his silly hyung. Once he’s satisfied he rolls his chair so that his knees are bumping with each other and Chanyeol stops pouting because usually Kyungsoo would get serious after he has his fun. That’s just who he was and Chanyeol knew him long enough to know all of his strange quirks.

“What did he say? You have to give me some details.”

“Well, I don’t know. Do you want to see our texts? Would that help?”

Kyungsoo nods his head enthusiastically and the two begin looking through Chanyeol’s phone. Kyungsoo’s face morphs into different expressions while reading but a smirk comes to be the most commonly seen expresion. Chanyeol, on the other hand, has a gentle smile on his face as he reminisces about his past conversations.

“Wow this is good stuff.”

Chanyeol looks at Kyungsoo with hopeful eyes.

“These texts are so disgustingly cute and I can’t believe how much you tell him about us...” his eyes squint with something Chanyeol doesn’t know if it’s good or bad. It’s probably bad.

“But what do you think about them? About my previous question.”

Kyungsoo leans back into his seat.
            “Personally I think that there is hope. If I were in his position and had to spend time with an individual for work I would be nice and respectful but I don’t think I would spend this much time just talking about...” he twirls his finger at the phone, “well, random things. I think I must have some form of attraction if that person texted me at three in the morning and woke me up but I still decided to keep talking to him.” He looks back at Chanyeol. “Or at least he wants to be real close friends with you.”

Chanyeol nods his head and lets everything Kyungsoo said absorb before he says.

“So how would I know if he wants to be real close friends or something more than that?”

Kyungsoo doesn’t respond for a while. He stands up and walks closer to the mirror to check his makeup and hair. They are attending a charity gala that evening and got forced to hair and makeup as soon as they were done with rehearsal. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were the last ones to finish theirs and the rest of the group was waiting for them with their managers downstairs.

“I’ve seen your episodes and he seems very physically affectionate. Does he do the same off camera?”

Chanyeol thinks about it. Yifan never had a problem with touching him, be it holding his hand or putting his hands around Chanyeol’s shoulders or waist, and he always done it in a way that Chanyeol doesn’t realise it’s happening until way later. That’s how smooth Yifan was in Chanyeol’s opinion. But something always seemed polite whenever he did touch the younger man.

“Nothing too excessive. I’ve seen him do it to other people he’ve worked with so I don’t think there is anything special with me.” That made Chanyeol feel a little bit disappointed.

“Wait,” Kyungsoo turns around and leans on the counter, “before we go further, do you like him? Would you mind it if he touched you in an “excessive” way?” He makes sure to use his hands to emphasise his words.

Chanyeol quietly stares at Kyungsoo with a blank face until his eyes slightly widened and a soft blush covers his cheeks.

“I wouldn’t mind it. I think,” he looks down, “I would like it.”

Kyungsoo sighs and walks over to Chanyeol. He places his hands on Chanyeol’s shoulders and smiles down at him.

“During your trip, see how he acts when there are no cameras. You two haven’t been able to spend an extended amount of time together so I think you might be able to get your answer this time. I hope. Okay?”

Chanyeol nods his head and returns the smile. He has a lot planned for their trip to Guam, including a photoshoot that he hopes will bring them closer, however, he doesn’t want to make Yifan feel uncomfortable just because of his runaway thoughts. The trip has to go well.

 

 

(The following events take place after the ending of Episode 7)

 

“Thank you very much for coming down here.” Chanyeol bows to show his appreciation. Zhou Mi bows back with a big smile. Yifan walks over to the two men.

They had just finished shooting their photos and for the show. The camera crew began packing up and many had already left to their own rooms. Because of the hotel’s policies, cameras were not allowed in their suite without an individual behind it at all times. When Yifan heard about it he became really excited. He hadn’t spent much time with Chanyeol and it was great seeing him even when the cameras were around but something about just them being alone made him feel so much better. Last night, right after they ended their filming and their first day on the beach, both of them were too tired to do anything. Once Chanyeol reached their suite he fell asleep so fast that Yifan was worried for a second. In the morning, the crew had woken up extra early to begin shooting them.

“Will you be going back to China now?” Yifan asks.

“I’ll actually head to Korea and develop these photos at a friends studio. Don’t worry, she’s trustworthy. Once they are done I’ll have her deliver them.” He readjusts the straps of his

Please log in to read the full chapter