Chapter 11: Finally Mine

Happily Ever After...
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

              “Noona! Over here!” Chanyeol’s long arm is outstretched over his head to wave at the woman who easily spots the idol. She bows to the girl who brought her to the VIP section of the restaurant and swiftly makes her way towards her lunch companion.

  “This is the first time you asked me to eat out. What’s up?”

  Chanyeol smiles while placing the menu in front of her.

  “Cause I’m just that awesome! I bet none of the other guys treated you to food before!”

  Dabin shakes her head at the childishness of the man almost twice her size. She skims the menu and points at the dish she wants. A waitress leaves after taking their orders.

  “Actually, Joonmyun treats all of us whenever we have late a schedule.”

  The man’s eyes widen in shock.

              “That traitor. Hyung doesn’t count.” His pout makes Dabin giggle behind her glass of water. “He would probably buy you a house if you asked. He’s just weird like that.”

              The two continue their talk about the members and other staff personals they both work with on daily basis until their food is served in front of them.    

“Noona, actually,” Chanyeol’s voice gets serious, losing all of the playfulness the younger man had while waiting for their food, “do you remember when you said that I should be careful of Yifan?”

              The idol’s eyes are careful to observe every little movement and change in mood of his company. There’s a reason why he asked Dabin to eat lunch with him. He had to confirm something.

The woman slowly chews her food, looking like she’s thinking back to their old conversation.

“I think so. Why? Something happen between you two?”

“No, no,” Chanyeol quickly replies, “I was just wondering why you said that. I mean, I don’t really hear bad things about hyung so when you said that,” he thinks about his next words, “it just got me curious.”

“I see.”

Chanyeol realizes that he hadn’t touched his food while his guest is happily enjoying her plate. He had to show her that he was comfortable around her.

“I just know his type.” Dabin begins when Chanyeol finally picks up his silverware. “The type that leads others on.”

“How can you say that for sure?” The salmon was really good but Chanyeol had to concentrate on Dabin’s words.

Dabin places her hands next to her plate, fork still in her right hand while the the left hand runs its fingers over the edge of the white plate.

“The first time you met him were you nervous thinking about what he would think of you? How he would treat you and if he would accept you for all the strange things that make you, well, you? How every time you two meet, his eyes would just drag you in and keep you there until you two bid each other goodbye. How just his presence would envelop you and you would feel safe and content. But then there are subtle moments that you’re unsure of what is happening between the two of you and the questions inside your mind keep you feeling so confused. Then he would come back again and you’d be on cloud nine every time he’s there and so lost when he’s not?” She’s no longer looking at Chanyeol, her eyes are lost far beyond where Chanyeol could look, deep and unsettled that it makes the idol actually feel the hurt that’s seeping out of the woman.

“Were you in love with him?”

“What?” Dabin’s eyes refocus on Chanyeol with a glare.

“Yifan. Do you love him?”

The woman’s eyes widen but Chanyeol can’t tell why. Surprisingly, she begins laughing, almost hysterically, and the younger man leans back incase she does something more abrupt. Fortunately, he takes a deep breath and calms herself.

“What gave you that impression? Chanyeol, you should be a comedian if idol life doesn’t work out for you.”

Dabin looks back at the singer and sees that he doesn’t find anything as amusing as she seems to. The brightly smiling kid now has a serious face that doesn’t really fit his gentle features. A smirk breaks over Dabin’s face.

“You’re surprisingly strong.” The woman stands up and Chanyeol braces himself for her next movement. “Luckily, you’re still a human.”

Chanyeol’s face changes into a confused one as he watches his coordinator push away from the table with her jacket and bag ready in her hands and walk away. He’s really confused. Chanyeol had invited Dabin so that he could question her about his recent accidents and if she was the one who threatened Sooman with the photos. However, now he is left with more questions. Maybe he should have planned through his better.

He sighs and relaxes into his seat. They had spent no more than twenty minutes and she didn’t even finish her food. Chanyeol looks down at his own plate and pushes it away. His appetite is completely gone.

“Chanyeol!”

A familiar voice breaks through Chanyeol’s thoughts and the singer jumps up in his seat to see Yifan walking up to him.

“Yifan?”

Was he now hallucinating?

When Yifan’s firm body collides with his own in a warm hug, Chanyeol knows it’s no hallucination. Yifan was really there and he could not stop his body reacting to the touch. His arms automatically enclose around the older’s waist to pull the man closer while he buries his face into Yifan’s neck crevice. Within seconds, Chanyeol’s taking deep breaths, smelling the familiar scent that he had missed.

“Are you with someone?”

Yifan pulls back to look at Chanyeol’s face, while turning to check the table set for two. Chanyeol shakes his head and tries to go back to burying his face in the warmth of Yifan.

“Dabin-noona was just here. I’m alone right now.”

Yifan takes Chanyeol’s face in his hands and brings their lips together. Their mouths mold right into each other, gently, slowly, until Yifan pulls back. His eyes are drilling holes into those pair of pouty lips that he wants to kiss again but there are more pressing matters he must address first.

“Honestly, I think your coordi-noona is not trustworthy.”

Chanyeol smiles and pecks the older’s lips.

“I know.”

Yifan looks surprised.

“Really?”

Chanyeol takes his hand and seats the man in his own chair before saddling the man and making himself comfortable on the older’s lap. Their chests are pressed up against each other and Chanyeol places his head down on Yifan’s shoulder. The older’s arms quickly come around the singer’s waist and settles them there protectively.

“My friend looked into my phone and found out it was tapped. I’ve narrowed down the people who could do that or have any motives and, well, I had suspicions.”

In the privacy of their VIP room the two men reveal their recent events and findings with couple makeout sessions. It felt nice being in each other’s arms after what felt like a decade. It was hard denying one’s bodily needs but to deny the heart was almost impossible.

“I need to get your friend in contact with Seokjin. I think they can track everything down.”

Chanyeol nods in agreement before dramatically sighing.

“I can’t believe you had someone stalk me.”

“It wasn’t staking!” Yifan’s booming laugh almost knocks Chanyeol off of him. “It’s called protection.”

“Whatever.” The younger rolls his eyes and tries to get back into his comfortable position. “You just couldn’t stay away from me.”

Yifan’s embrace around Chanyeol’s body gets stronger and the older man buries his face into Chanyeol’s chest this time. Chanyeol happily welcomes him.

“You have no idea.”               

 

 

“Everything is here.”

Seokjin places a box on Yifan’s desk. The two men both look at it like it’s about to explode at any moment before Yifan walks around the desk to reach his bar in his office.

“So Junhong was really able to trace it back to the apartment Dabin rented?”

“Yes, honestly, the kid had a little too much fun digging through everything but it was all sorted out in the end. There shouldn’t be any negatives left. He said that if she had tried to transfer the data onto another device then it would have left cookie crumbs in the main server, or something like that. He made it sound very technical.”

“Thank you,” Yifan offers a drink to the detective that readily accepts it, “I hope that with this as evidence we can get her taken care of.”

Seokjin gulps down his drink before clearing his voice.

“Actually, that could be little tricky.”

“Why?” He refills the man’s glass.

“Can’t find her.”

“What?”

“She disappeared.”

 

 

“Cut!”

Yifan sits up and a staff member rushes onto the set to put a warm jacket over his bare top. He thanks the girl and wraps the jacket tightly, a shiver running through his body.

He had been busy filming his new movie that was more physically demanding than he had initially thought. Who knew that him getting shot at while he didn’t have a shirt on and falling right onto the ice rink was the director's vision of the final climactic scene. He only hopes that the camera didn’t catch his annoyed face when his back made contact with the ice.

Yifan thanks everyone that he runs into and makes his way to the dressing room where his manager is busy running over his planner.

“Please tell me some good news!”

Yifan begs. A warm cup of tea is handed to him and a heater is running on full right next to his designated seat.

“I guess it was meant to be. I got it!”

The man turns his tablet around to show Yifan the tickets that has the actors name on next to a very impressive EXO logo.

Yifan’s filming started the same time as EXO’s World Tour. He was happy that the group was finally able to have their tour but he was also sad that he wouldn’t be able to see them live in Seoul. However, the timing lined up and their Beijing stop was right before Yifan would be leaving the city for other location shoot. He had jumped at the opportunity to get the tickets only to come up short when he was told that he had other schedules during their performance. He had literally begged his manager to change things around so that he could go see the concert.

Yifan didn’t understand it also. Logically, he had the time and money after his movie shoot to go to whatever country EXO was performing at and just watch it there. However, for some unknown reason, Yifan had to watch them in Beijing. Every cell in his body was demanding him to watch that specific concert and he stuck to his gut feeling.

A lot had happened since he last saw Chanyeol. With Dabin’s mysterious disappearance all of Chanyeol’s accidents also stopped. However, for extra protection, Yifan still had Seokjin look after Chanyeol. The extreme ban between the two stars had lessened with the two of them occasionally sending texts of encouragement to each other during their busy schedules. But, as always, their schedules kept them from any prolonged contact.

Yifan quickly takes out his phone and send the good news to the only person he knows will share his happiness.

 

Secret HubyFan: Guess who got tickets for someone’s concert in Beijing? (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

 

“However, you’re schedule the following day is going to be hell.” Yifan’s manager shakes his head, already accepting the fact that he will also share the same faith as the actor.

Yifan smiles back at the man to hopefully consult him but his phone vibrates.

“It’ll be so worth it.”

 

My Park: (ಥ﹏ಥ) FINALLY! I can’t wait! (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

 

 

              Chanyeol’s excited for many reasons. They’ve been in Beijing for two days with all of the rehearsals going perfectly well and their stay consisting of delicious food. They were only an hour away from the actual event with all of the members getting their hair and makeup finished up and the hype throughout the backstage was overwhelmingly positive. Their manager had brought them all their favorite snacks and drinks for the members to eat and relax while they get ready. And, best of all, Yifan was coming to today’s concert.

The man had not messaged Chanyeol since when he notified the singer of his ticket purchase but Chanyeol knows that Yifan will keep his word and come. He just can’t wait until the older man comes and for the concert to start. Nothing could ruin his mood right now.

Well, except for one thing. For some reason, Chanyeol has a strange feeling running through him. He knows that sometimes he gets nervous before any big event and it’s something he knows how to deal with. However, this new feeling is, well, new. Maybe he had ate something that didn’t sit well with his stomach. Whatever it was Chanyeol was determined to not let it get to him. He was strong.

“Hyung, your phone is ringing.”

Sehun nudges Chanyeol to get his attention. The older boy sees his phone screen lit up from across the room where he was charging it.

“Thanks.”

Sehun nods and goes back to throwing popcorn into Jongin and Baekhyun’s waiting mouths. Chanyeol shakes his head at the silliness of s and notices that Joonmyun is secretly taking pictures of the two unsuspecting idiots. Blackmail was not encouraged but Baekhyun and Jongin were making it too easy.

“Let me guess,” Kyungsoo looks up at Chanyeol’s face that is directed towards his text message, “it’s from Yifan-hyung?”

 

Secret HubyFan: Got a minute? Meet me at the back in the storage room! There’s noone here! Hurry before anyone else decides to join us... (>人<)

 

“Storage room?” Chanyeol mumbles before looking back at Kyungsoo with a beaming smile. “You know me too well! I’ll see you later, Soo. Make sure they don’t break into a fight...” He points at Joonmyun, “he’s not as sneaky as he likes to believe.”

Kyungsoo’s face turn dark but his smile doesn’t disappear.

“Believe me, I’ll make sure he get’s caught.”

Chanyeol knows better than to disagree with Kyungsoo when he’s plotting something. He sighs and takes a water bottle from the man’s hand to take a sip and wonders if he should warn their leader before Kyungsoo unleashes hell but remembers that Yifan’s waiting for him so he hurries along.

The idol has to look at three different maps of the building to find the storage area. When Yifan said ‘back’ he really meant back. Chanyeol literally had to walk through many hallways until he reached the stairs with “STORAGE” sign on top of them. If Chanyeol didn’t know better he would be thinking about all the scary movies he had watched that involved basements but if Yifan had made it through all this then Chanyeol could too.

At the bottom of the stairs he sees another small area that definitely doesn’t have Yifan waiting for him. The door at the back of the area is slightly open and the light is on so Chanyeol makes his way towards it until he reaches out to push the door open further.

For a slight second a thought passes through Chanyeol’s mind. This would be a perfect place to store a dead body. With a shiver he pushes the thought back and looks around the room.

There are boxes upon boxes stacked on one another and he could see dust shimmering over the light. The small light bulb in the middle of the room doesn’t really do much but a sliver of moonlight is breaking through to help out.

Chanyeol’s mind quickly backtracks and notices something very important. Yifan is not there.

A sharp pain runs through his back and he stumbles forward into the room, falling onto his knees. His right hand comes up to touch the back of his neck where something definitely hit him. Before he could turn around or even stand up the door behind him shuts close with so much impact that he feels the force push him forward.

 

 

              Yifan’s pace quickens with excitement. He had quickly finished the filming and may or may not have broke the speed limit so that he could get to the venue sooner.

He was happy that he was a celebrity during these events. He didn’t have to wait in line to park or even to enter the building. Granted, the fans were very dedicated and loving for being this patient but Yifan’s love on another level. He had no patience. Especially when Chanyeol was waiting for him. He quickly looks at his phone to check if the singer had texted him again. The sudden message was a pleasant surprise.

 

My Park: I want to see you before the concert! Come meet me at the VIP lounge? Pretty please? (´・ω・`) I’ll be patiently waiting!

 

Yifan didn’t know how he knew where the lounge was but his legs were on autopilot and he was so close to meeting his favorite idol. However, something makes Yifan falter in his steps.

Why did Chanyeol want to meet him at the VIP lounge? Wasn’t the place designed for those lucky few who got to see the “backstage” view of the concert and thus filled with passionate fans? Did the younger man want to make their relationship public? Truth be told, they didn’t really have a true relationship with how things ended the last time he saw Chanyeol with Sooman, but maybe Chanyeol was planning a special event?

Wait. Yifan stops. If he enters the lounge he wouldn’t be able to leave the place with all the chaos that’s sure to happen. Was that smart? He looks at the text again. After contemplating he decides to give the singer a call.

“Your call could not be connected. Please leave...”

Yifan hangs up.

“Hello?”

“Kyungsoo,” Yifan had all of the members phone numbers and usually Kyungsoo had the best knowledge of Chanyeol’s whereabouts, “is Chanyeol there?”

“Chanyeol? He just left to meet you.”

“Does he really want to meet me at the VIP lounge? There are too many people there.”

“Lounge? Is that where you wanted to meet? Man, hyung, you got balls.”

“Wait, what? I didn’t want to meet him there.”

Yifan has already turned around and is walking towards the dressing room.

“Didn’t you text him the meeting location? He got all happy when he got your text.”

. . .

“, I’m almost there.”

“Wait, hyung, what’s wrong? What’s going on?”        

 

 

Chanyeol jumps up onto his feet and reaches for the door. It doesn’t budge. The handle doesn’t turn. Then he notices the strange wetness on his hands and wonders if the bottle of water he had been carrying had spilled. But on further inspection it’s definitely not water. Chanyeol brings it up to his nose and takes a sniff that has him automatically pulling away. Gasoline?

He turns around and sees spots on the floor covered in liquid that he knows is not water. A sharp sound is heard from outside and Chanyeol turns around to bang on the door.

“Hello? Hello? Anyone there?”

Please log in to read the full chapter