Chapter 9: Promise Me

Happily Ever After...
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

              “One caffe latte and one chocolate croissant.”

“Thanks.” Chanyeol takes the tray from Yifan’s hands and reaches up to the waiting lips with a smile. The kiss is chaste but Chanyeol pulls away with a smile. “The Return of Superman or Running Man? I haven’t watched the new episodes for either.”

Yifan gets under the duvet covers and snuggles up to his boyfriend’s warm body. Chanyeol waits until he’s comfortable before he places the tray over their thighs and takes a sip of his latte. The warm liquid warms him right away and the body next to him is also doing a great job at making him relax.

“Running Man.” Yifan says and reaches for the remote to start the show.

It’s been little over a week since Yifan’s birthday and the two have not spent a day without seeing each other. Chanyeol, after his schedule, would go straight to Yifan’s place under ’s scrutinizing eyes. He knew they were happy for him but they would never let a chance slip away to make him embarrassed. Jongin and Sehun were the worst when it came to timing, always wanting to talk to them or facetime them when Yifan and Chanyeol were getting intimate. It’s like they had cameras around the place, knowing exactly when to strike. Their manager, on the other hand, was being very understanding and keeping quiet about the whole thing from everyone, including the President.

Yifan had finished filming and was now completely free, for the time being. Chanyeol heard him speaking to his manager over the phone talking about offers and auditions but Yifan had said he wanted a break. Chanyeol, being the only one working, was spending all of his free time with the older man.

Their days were exceptionally normal. Chanyeol usually came over after midnight and would crawl into Yifan’s bed and fall asleep. In the morning Yifan would greet him with breakfast and they would spend time in bed watching and cuddling. Sometimes they would go to the gym together or sit in the sauna when Chanyeol felt too stiff from the previous night’s work. However, majority of their time was spent with just the two of them staying in and doing everything one could do indoors. That included some intimate activities. Chanyeol was learning lots, something he accidentally told Kyungsoo and the next day everyone knew about.

“Yifan,” Chanyeol pats his head, “can you lift your head?”

After finishing their breakfast, halfway between their Running Man episode, Chanyeol found Yifan’s head on his shoulder, his long arm curled around his midsection, and their legs braided together. The younger man could only stay put for so long before his body began cramping and with the constant squirming Yifan probably figured it out too.

Yifan, with a sigh, lets go of Chanyeol so that he could stretch out before he pounces right back on the man. However, Chanyeol’s phone breaks their comfy time with a loud bass and electric guitar riffs. Chanyeol sighs this time and with an apologetic look reaches over, effectively pushing Yifan away, and answers his phone.

“Hyung?”

Yifan takes the break to pause the show and goes to the kitchen to grab more drinks and food. When he comes back, he’s greeted with a pouting Chanyeol.

“Work?”

Chanyeol nods and stands up with a groan.

“Something happened with the photoshoot that we had in like seven hours and it’s now moved up. Need to be there in an hour. Manager-hyung is coming in ten.”

Yifan puts down the drinks and walks over to Chanyeol, who’s going through Yifan’s clothes.

“Well, that doesn’t give us much time then.” Is all Chanyeol hears before he feels large hands turning him around and pushing him back into the closet. His back hits the sweater rack and a pair of lips crash onto his own. Yifan’s body is pushed flush against his and Chanyeol’s arms come around to encircle the older man, pulling him impossibly closer.

“Ten minutes, Yifan.” Chanyeol manages but Yifan seems to be determined to stop his protest, “Yifan!” Chanyeol pushes. Yifan pushes right back. “I haven’t even washed up!”

Yifan pulls back just enough to look over Chanyeol’s face. He shrugs his shoulders.

“Looks fine to me.” And goes right back to kissing Chanyeol’s lips and face.

“Everything looks fine to you.” Chanyeol tries again.

“If it’s anything to do with you, then yes.” Chanyeol sighs and he can feel Yifan’s smirk. “Now,” Yifan’s hands are moving lower, fingers running over Chanyeol’s back, “please be quiet, we have less than ten minutes now.”

Chanyeol can only laugh and reciprocate the effection.

            

 

              “Gross, is that a hickey?” Baekhyun’s thin finger accusingly points at a mark on Chanyeol’s shoulder. Everyone in the room whip their heads around to look at the mark and Chanyeol’s body flushes in embarrassment. He quickly covers the general area.

“What? Where?” Jongin’s voice boomes right next Chanyeol’s ear and he has to pull away out of reflex. The staff members in their changing room are quietly giggling to themselves and giving Chanyeol a knowing look that makes the poor man heat up even more.

“Come on guys,” an angel’s voice breaks the air and Chanyeol looks over with a glistening eyes, “we’re running late. Soojin, did you get Joonmyun’s shoes?” A girl with tight curls nods her head and points at a pair of shoes. “Here, Chanyeol, let me help you with that.”

Chanyeol looks down with gratitude at Dabin. He knew she was nice. Dabin takes out a tube from her makeup bag and begins covering up Chanyeol’s little problem with gentle of her brush.

“Thanks, noona.” Chanyeol says as he sees the mark disappear.

“Just doing my job, kid.” She smiles back and pats his back. “Yifan?”

Chanyeol nods his head and beams with pride back at the girl. Dabin nods her head but then sighs.

“What’s wrong, noona?”

Her eyes don’t meet Chanyeol’s for a while before she sighs again and looks right at him with a strong stare.

“Just,” she begins, “I’m saying this as a noona, okay?” Chanyeol quickly nods. “Don’t trust people too easily, okay?”

Well, Chanyeol was not expecting that from her. His confusion must have shown up on his face because Dabin speaks again before he could.

“You don’t really know Yifan that well. His past isn’t that great so...” she trails off.

“What?” Chanyeol feels oddly hurt by what she just said. “What do you mean?”

“Don’t get too serious with him.” The woman says but to Chanyeol’s ears it comes out sounding little rougher than he would have expected her tone to be. Why would she be saying these things? Yifan told him about his past and what they have right now is based upon trust. That was the reason it all began. Having her talk about it leaves bitter taste in Chanyeol’s mouth and he feels angry. Angry towards her? It couldn’t be.

“Noona...”

“Everyone ready?” A man yells out into the room to get the idol’s attention. “Everything is set up and ready to go.”

Staff members begin gathering things they would need on set and Sehun walks up to Chanyeol to pull the man towards their set. Chanyeol is still looking at Dabin who is no longer looking back, but packing up her bag. He feels wrong ending their conversation like this but he can’t really do much about it. They had their work to do.

 

 

Chanyeol spots another company van behind the one designated for his group with a company driver standing at the door. The man opens the door and gestures for Chanyeol to get in.

“President asked to see you.”

Chanyeol nods and sees s looking at him with concern in their eyes. He waves at them with a bright smile and tells them that he would see them later.

“Did he say why?” He asks the driver once they are inside and pulling out of the parking lot. The man shakes his head and Chanyeol sighs. He hadn’t done anything wrong so there wasn’t any need to be worried, right?

 

 

“Excuse me.” Chanyeol knocks on the door before pushing it open. He bows and looks up at the man who is standing in front of his desk but Chanyeol’s eyes quickly focus on another body in the room. His eyes widen with shock.

“Yifan?” Yifan turns around in his seat and nods his head. Sooman gestures for Chanyeol to sit down and Chanyeol does so. Yifan sends him a soft smile and Chanyeol tries to send one back but his mind is too busy trying to absorb the situation.

“I had called Mr. Wu.” Sooman answers Chanyeol’s thoughts. “Thank you for making time for this.” He looks at Yifan who nods his head.

“Of course.” Yifan clears his throat. “Why were we called in?”

Chanyeol would like to know that too. He looks back at Sooman who sighs and reaches back to his desk to retrieve an envelope. He then reaches forward to hand it to Chanyeol. Chanyeol turns the envelop around and only sees an address. Sooman’s home address. He reaches into the envelop and takes out significantly smaller sized stack of papers. His eyes widen even wider than before.

Yifan tries to wait to look at the envelop until Chanyeol had his look but by the way the younger’s hands are now slightly shaking and the male’s complexion pales, he reaches over and takes the papers out of his hands. His reaction is nothing short of Chanyeol’s.

“Imagine my shock,” Sooman says, “I don’t really know what to say.”

Yifan is still looking at the photos of him and Chanyeol in intimate positions. The quality of many of the photos are not that great; however, he knows it’s them. He can see his own room, his own bed.

“Do you know who it’s from?” Chanyeol’s voice, surprisingly calm, but deep in thought asks.

Sooman snorts and shakes his head.

“It could be anyone. It was left in my mailbox way before the mailman came. And it also came with a note.” This time Sooman reaches into his pocket and pulls out a folded paper. He unfolds it and reads it aloud. “Let’s not make this messy. Break up or else the photos will get a quality boost and find themselves in every magazines’ doorstep.”

“Sajang-nim,” Chanyeol’s voice breaks this time, “I’m sorry.” He really does feel sorry. He doesn’t know if he feels sorry for being caught, sorry for having the president deal with this, or sorry for not listening to the man and going out with Yifan. No. He’s not sorry for dating Yifan.

“I tried to be prepared but I didn’t expect something like this.” Sooman says and walks over to sit down next to Chanyeol. He rubs the younger man’s back with a reassuring hand. “But we have to fix this right away before anything else happens.”
              “I won’t break up with him.” Yifan’s voice booms over them both while the man still has his eyes glued onto the pictures.

“Yifan...” Chanyeol reaches his hand over and places it on Yifan’s knee.

“Mr. Wu, I don’t think you understand how we do damage control here. You and Chanyeol are in different situations at the moment. Don’t take this the wrong way but you’re fame, as much as it is based on your talents and looks, is also based on your appeal. The idea of you dating and being in “scandals” with hot celebraties only boosts your image.” Sooman says matter factly. Chanyeol’s mouth drops open and Yifan’s eyes darken. However, Yifan loudly

Please log in to read the full chapter